3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Healthful, Flavorful, BeneFul and Keeps Tails-Wagging

I read labels as carefully for my pack as I do for consumption of foods, period!

I keep my packs' tails-wagging with a variety of foods, including **Purinas'  Beneful 100% Complete & Balanced Nutrition**. I serve this very healthy, dry, yet chewy chunks of wholesome grains, and real beef, accented with vitamin-rich vegetables, mixed with **Purina Beneful Prepared Meals **(reviewed earlier).

This product first caught my eye, thanks to the packaging. The six distinct (dry food) shapes are colorful and is meant to look like meat and veggies. After gaining my attention, I zoomed in on the contents which is loaded with omega fatty-acids, vitamins and minerals, and antioxidants that is said to help *support a healthy immune system.* The real beef is to help build strong muscles. Overall, I continue to include this product in my packs' diet  because it's biggest selling point, is, it is  said to *support a healthy immune system.*

Serving sizes are listed based on your dogs' weight.

My pack, ***unless*** I've added **Grizzly Salmon OIL OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS **(reviewed earlier) to this food will eagerly eat it, especially, with the addition of the above mentioned **Purina Beneful Prepared Meals**. It's just my way of serving this food to my pack, but, I never have served any dry food without mixing it with a (small amount) of wet food ....... thinking, if I was a dog .... I'd prefer dry and wet, to servings of dry.

However, this being a very good product, I'd imagine most dogs would eagerly eat it dry, and wag their tails in the process..........

The worst dog food you can buy

Please do your research! This dog food is the WORST food you can feed your dog. If you must buy something from the grocery store (but I encourage you not to!) try Purina One.   Beneful has a lot of filler as the primary ingredients; these are items that have less nutritional benefit. According to the Animal Protection Institute, dogs can absorb almost all the nutrients from white rice, but grains like oats, flour and wheat have almost no nutritional value for dogs. Corn products aren't very valuable either, and peanut hulls have no value at all. Glutens are another group of ingredients that experts say don't provide much nutritional value to dogs, and are a particular concern in light of the recent massive recall of pet foods tainted by contaminated wheat and rice gluten from China. This is according to research at consumersearch.com.

Our dogs love it

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Good Value
  • Nutritional
  • Tasty

Cons

• Larger Dogs
    • Smaller Dogs

Comments about Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food:

have to admit that I change up what brand of dog food we get from time to time. For some reason I always end up going back to this Purina Beneful Original dry dog food. My dogs really seem to enjoy this food. I have noticed that when my dogs eat this dog food they have a lot of energy and their coats are really shiny. Some dry dog foods that we have tried have not sit well on our dogs stomachs. They would end up getting sick. With this dog food though, that has never happened. I have never noticed my dogs getting sick or feeling weak after eating this dog food, which is great. I also like to buy this dog food because you can get a pretty large bag of it for a really reasonable price. Sometimes when I may need to save a little money I can buy a smaller bag for a cheap price too. I would definitely recommend this dry dog food to other dog owners because it is healthy for them and they really seem to enjoy it. I have noticed that my dogs prefer the original blend over the other flavors, but there are others to choose from.

Do Not Buy!

Comments about Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food:

Absolutely Do Not Buy Purina Beneful dog food! I cannot stress that enough! If it is the only dog food available, buy rice and the cheap meat that is about to expire. Feed your dog that instead. I used to feed this to my dog, but it was making him sick, so I did some research and I will never buy another Purina product again! I feel so bad that the dog food made my dog throw up a lot and have diarrhea. He was just laying around acting like he does when he is sick. I never thought that giving my dog a certain dog food would land me in the veterinarian's office. Especially considering that dog food is supposed to be one of the high quality brands. After doing my research, I was shocked. Purina Beneful dog food can Kill your dog! Yes, that's right, Kill! There is actually a lawsuit out on them right now because of what this dog food does to dogs. According to the Arizona news channel ABC, there are more than three thousand complaints on this dog food. The lawsuits against Purina say that the supposedly high quality dog food causes internal bleeding, liver malfunction or failure, vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, weight loss, seizures, and kidney failure.

Quality of Ingredients
    Kidney failure, internal bleeding, vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss. These are all things that can be caused by Purina Beneful Dry dog foods.

• Flavor Selection:

My dog won't eat another brand now!

from Dallastown, PA

Comments about Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food:

Prior to having my dog on Beneful Original Dry Dog Food, he was just on the regular Purina Small Bites because I don't use any other brand of food for my cat or dog. I tried Beneful because I had a coupon for it and I liked that it had some added nutritional value and that it was all natural ingredients. My dog turns his nose up to any other dog food now. Thank goodness Beneful is priced very affordably.

Quality of Ingredients
    All natural ingredients that carry all the nutritional value my dog needs in a day. He loves the taste obviously because he won't eat anything else except our table scraps. Haha! Also, because Beneful is a byproduct of Purina, I feel confident that I'm providing my pup with a great dry dog food.

Flavor Selection
    I think the flavor selection in Beneful Dry Dog Food is excellent as it carries all the things my dog needs nutritionally but it also has the perks of additional meats and vegetable additives that are all natural!

• Flavor Selection:

Not as good as the bag looks.

from Pearl, MS

Comments about Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food:

The ingredients in this dog food aren't that great. If you're looking for high quality you're going to have to pay more if you want actually meat and veggies in your dogs food.

Quality of Ingredients
    The ingredients aren't good. There aren't any real benefits to this dog food and when I fed this to my puppy she wasn't getting the quality nutrients she needed and was left hungry. Higher quality dog foods can be pricey, but I recommend trying to get a little bit of a better nutritional value for your dog. My dog ate this just fine when she was little, but now she needs more from her food.

Flavor Selection
    The flavor selection is fine. The packaging is great because it makes you think that you're really doing something great for your dog. I mean it shows vegetables on the front and a happy dog right? Honestly if this is all you can afford, like It was for me at one time, get it. It'll suit your dog just fine until you can find something a little better quality.

• Flavor Selection:

My dog likes this dog food

from Oakwood Village, OH

Comments about Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food:

Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food is a great straight forward dog food. It has good ingredients and it's one of the dog foods that I credit my dogs great health to. It has medium sized pieces in nice shapes and different colors. It had a good crunch to it that my dog appears to like, as I often watch my dog while he eats to see if he's enjoying his food or possibly having any dental issues. My dog likes the smell of this dog food, and upon me smelling it it has a slight meaty smell. This dog food has meat, vegetable and grain ingredients so I feel secure that my dog is getting a well balanced diet when he eats Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food.

Quality of Ingredients
    The quality of ingredients in Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food are pretty good and I trust them.

Flavor Selection
    The flavor select of Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food is great, and I don't feel like I'm slighting my dog on flavor or variety when I feed him the product.

Original Beneful

from New City, NY

Comments about Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food:

It is a colorful soft dry dog food. That I think taste like real food. At least it loks that way. My dog just gobbles it up.

Quality of Ingredients
    There are a lot of natural foods and not a lot of fillers.

Flavor Selection
    It is a mix of a lot of flavors so the dog feels he is getting a variety. Carrots greens and meats. It looks enjoyable.

• Flavor Selection:

Sucks and gives my dog diarrhea

from Rome,GA

Comments about Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food:

I bought this product based on the longtime familiarity of the brand, I was very disappointed with the product as was my dog. She would eat the food sporadically eat the food but didn't seem to really like it, she seemed to only eat when she had no other choice. I bought it when my newest dog came to me, and was told that she needed to be fed a specific diet. Me being who I am I wanted to see her eat as much and as often as the other dogs in our household, I decided to remove this and try something different. I immediately noticed a difference in her habits and her activity. I am not a pet professional of any kind but I personally do not like this food it seemed very detrimental to this one dog in particular. I would buy or recommend this product to anyone else. I have seen such major changes in this animal since removing this product from her diet, I have to relate her previous problems to the food itself. Be careful and watchful of your pets if you use this product .

My dog likes Beneful

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food:

M dog is a poodle maltese mix and she seems to really enjoy eating Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food. This dry dog food was one of the first dry foods that she has been eating after converting from wet food to dry food. We feed her twice a day and each time she finishes all her food. The reason why I think she enjoys eating Beneful is because occassionally, when we are trying to give her a treat, and then we pour some Beneful in her bowl, she would just completely abandon her treat and start eating the dry dog food. The ingredients are okay, I'm sure there are better dog foods out there in the special wooden floor section of petco like Blue Diamond, but for the average dog owner, I feel like Beneful is good and healthy for dogs. So far, she has not had any problems. I would recommend Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food. You can easily find coupons for this in your Sunday newspaper or perhaps somewhere online. If you are thinking about switching dog food brands, I think beneful is worth a try.

• Flavor Selection:

Dog food for medium to small dogs.

Comments about Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food:

This food is not very expensive but meets all the nutritional needs of my pet. They do not have a food for large bread dogs however, which has forced me to change foods as we have just brought a great dane into our family. This food will not meet his nutritional needs. I am disappointed to find that they do not have a large bread dog food considering how much my other two dogs liked it. If you own small to medium sized dogs it is great however. It is far less expensive than other alternatives that have natural ingrediants. Again i wish they had a food that would fit the needs of my large bread great dane. It is very dissappointing that they don't.

Quality of Ingredients
    They use natural and healthy ingredients which is one of the reasons i choose this. There ingredients meet all of the nutritional needs of my two medium bread dogs and this food is far less expensive to similar alternatives.

Not the Greatest

from MI

Comments about Purina Beneful Original Dry Dog Food:

When we first got our dog, Daisy, we were pretty much first time dog owners and had no idea about what types of dog food to buy. In the beginning we jumped from brand to brand, trying whatever looked appealing that week. We had a period of time in which we bought Beneful for our dog - a small yorkie/maltese mix.

At first, she seemed to really like it. She ate it regularly with not much fuss, maintained her weight and activity level. But after a few weeks on this food her stomach didn't seem to handle it very well. She does have an extremely sensitive stomach, which seems to have gotten even more sensitive as she has gotten older, but she just really was not able to digest this food very well. She would vomit it up and the whole, colorful pieces of dog food would come right back up, nearly intact.

So, we had to make a switch. While I do like the availability and price point of this product, it did not agree with our dog and I will likely not buy this brand again.