4.1
Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats

Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats

4.1

Purina Beggin' Strips Drive Dogs Wild

Dogs deserve the occasional treat and there is no shortage of options on the grocery store or pet store shelves. Choosing the right dog treat involves many considerations, but if you are going strictly for a taste your dog will love, then consider **Purina Beggin’ Strips**, a treat that drives dogs wild.

**Dog Treat Commentary:**

Dogs love most dog treats, but Purina Beggin’ Strips rank among the all- time favorites of canines everywhere. Everyone knows that dog’s have a keen sense of smell and considering how pungent these are to a human nose, they must be practically orgasmic to the nose of a dog. These flat treats with rippled edges have a scent that combines bacon with smokiness and a slight chemical smell and dogs go nuts when the small bag is opened.  I have fed my dogs several treats over the years but few have invoked this type of reaction. My dogs do backflips and cartwheels the moment they smell these treats.

Besides the fact that dogs love the taste of Purina Beggin’ Strips, another advantage is the resealable foil bag. The package has a ziplock- style top and this helps to keep the treats fresh. It means you can dispense exactly the number of treats you want and then seal the bag for later use. This keeps the treats from drying out (they are naturally moist to the touch) and keeps them at maximum flavor for your dog’s enjoyment.

As much as my dogs have loved Purina Beggin’ Strips over the years, I am wary about feeding them too many of these treats. In spite of how much your dog wants a second, third, and fourth treat, you have to dispense them sparingly. The reason is because of the ingredients. Purina Beggin’ Strips are loaded with preservatives, artificial flavors, and artificial colors and they may not be suitable for dogs with delicate digestive systems. Just reading the list of ingredients should cause dog owners to take notice. It is not a set of ingredients I would want to feed my dog on a regular basis and this is why I tend to save these and feed them only as special occasion treats.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Dogs go ape- crazy over Purina Beggin’ Strips and based on flavor alone, these treats would have to rate five stars. However, once other factors are considered, like the questionable ingredients, I must adjust my rating slightly, down to four stars. My dog loves these treats and I will continue to feed Purina Beggin’ Strips to him, but only in limited quantities. Too much of a good thing could lead to problems and these dog treats, with their many preservatives and artificial colors, are something you should dispense only in moderation.

The dogs and I disagree on this one.

***A BRIEF SCENE IN THE KITCHEN***     Dogs:  Woof!  Let's try these.     Mom:  **Purina Beggin Strips** are made with real bacon which means their ingredients include the not-nice preservatives sodium nitrite and BHA.     Dogs:  But Mom!  They have a good strong smell that brings us running.     Mom:  They smell sort of bacon-y but with strong chemical overtones.     Dogs:  Arf.  We could eat them until our tummies ache.     Mom:  They've got a lot of corn in their recipe.  That doesn't favor a digestive system as delicate as Shelby's.     Dolce:  We don't want Shel to be sick.  Arf-arf.  Give them all to me.     Mom:  Who's going to paw Lynne the thank-you note for giving these to you?     Dogs:  Gotta go, Mom!Dolce and Shelby would probably give this five stars.  My compromise, on behalf of their health, just barely makes two.  I can indulge the girls once, but I would never buy these.

Dogs DO now its not bacon

from Utah

Comments about Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats:

We have tried a few different kinds of treats for our dog, and this one has rated as average. She does like them, but contrary to popular belief, she can tell they're not real bacon, and given the choice, she will always choose real bacon over these. On the positive side, they are a good size for her (giving her one treat each day), and she does enjoy the taste of them (although not as much as a few others that we have tried). On the downside, the bags are not very big, so we end up spending more money to get the same number of treats that we can find in other brands. In addition, some of the bits seem to get stuck in her teeth a little bit more than other kinds. We have dental treats that will help, but I think that these might eventually give her dental problems if we used them too often. But when we only mix them in sporadically to give her some variety, they have not caused any problems yet.

nearly killed my dog.

Comments about Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats:

Do not use beggin strips. They have many items like grains and corn which is bad for dogs. It also has preservatives. It is made from rendered animals which is road kill, and euthanized cats and dogs. The chemical doesn't go away so it will make your dog very sick. It could be your beloved Fito.

My Dogs go crazy when they see the package

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats:

These are the most special treats that my dogs love. The first time I purchased these for my dogs they loved them! Now whenever they see the package, or hear me tear it open, they come running. It's like that commercial on tv where you open the package, and they get a whiff from the other room, and around the corner they come running. They love the bacon flavor.These treats are also great for training you dogs. I just take a piece and break it up into smaller pieces. The Strips are really great incentives for them to do tricks for you. And it works, because they really want those treats. I always give them one before I leave for work. When I come home they are so happy to see me. I know they are even happier when I break out the strips and give each of them one. The price for them is good too. They love the Bacon flavor.

beggn for bacon

Comments about Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats:

Out dog goes nuts for these treats! Absolutely loves them and will stop on a dime, sit and lay down without being told to earn one. They are a cheaper treat and the ingredients aren't the best for dogs with wheat, grain or other allergies, however we don't give them to her very often.
They have way too many flavors to count, and our dog doesn't seem to care which flavor we buy. She likes the cheesy ones and the hickory ones just as much as the apple bacon ones that smell like green apples.
Another great thing is their shape. After she has devoured all the meat and fat off of her smoked center bone, I can put one of these treats in the center hole and it will keep her occupied for a good hour trying to get it out. She has issues with being hyper and bored so this gives her something to focus on for awhile.
The price is great, and we can afford to spend money on dog treats this way.

Our dogs cannot get enough of the bacon crunchiness of these.

Comments about Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats:

Our dog adores these treats, we go through a whole bag in a few days. The bacon smell alone drives our girl crazy and the boy is always tearing through the empty bag to get what last remains of anything. They really seem to enjoy them quite a bit and they are affordable for the quality. The texture and colors are very pleasing and the dogs seems to think they are real pork products. The treats seem to be very healthy and we've never had any issues with our dogs disliking or discarding them for any reason. We often take them to the park on the weekends and they really chow down on them after a few games of frisbee. They are really great at the park also because of their portability, my wife can easily fit the bags in her satchel and we're set for the afternoon. I became so intrigued one day by the smell and look of them I actually had to try a nibble for myself and they are actually really tasty.

Good Treats

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats:

I like the Beggin' strips dog treats. They do resemble real bacon which my dog loves. They are a perfect size for a large breed dog, we have a Labrador Great Dane mixed breed dog so these are a good snack size for him. There is only one flavor so no variety but my dog does not seem to mind one bit. They are a softer treat and will stay fresh in the resealable zipper bags they come in for months at a time. This is good for us because he has a bit of an overweight problem at this time so he only gets treats rarely so they must be able to stay fresh so as not to feel like we've wasted our money and have to throw them out. These also come in a couple sizes from small personal bags up to bulk purchase bags. These are not the cheapest dog treat options on the market but are also not super expensive so they are a reasonable option on occasion. I am also able to find coupons easily for these treats which is important to me for sticking to a strict monthly grocery budget.

Good Treats, not the Best

Comments about Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats:

Beggin' Strips are a great overall treat. They taste very good to the dogs and they make them go crazy! Every time I buy them for my dogs, when I open the package they will stand up and run around in circles until I give them a piece. The only bad part is you have to feed the entire package to your pet within about 2-3 days, otherwise the treats get very stale. The dogs will still eat them if they are stale, but I do not feel comfortable feeding them as I feel they are expired. Even if you seal the package or put it in a tight ziploc bag they will get stale. When they are fresh it is easy to tear the treat into smaller pieces, making it a great training treat for any size dog. They are easy for the dog to chew and they cannot choke on it, especially if you rip it into smaller pieces for them. It does not have hard edges that can cause damage to your dogs stomach if they get too excited and swallow a huge piece.

My dog loves this stuff

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats:

My dog love to eat Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats! Just like her owner, she loves bacon. Everytime I reach for the bag, she knows that she's going to get a treat and she gets all crazy and possessed looking. They do smell really good and smell just like bacon. I, myself, have been tempted to try one of these, but I have resisted the temptation and controlled myself, unlike my dog. I have to be careful to keep these away from her. It seems like these are her favorite snacks. I try not to let her eat these too often. Nevertheless, based on my dog's reactions, I would say that these taste pretty good. Just like bacon is not that great for humans, I would assume these are no the healthiest treats for dogs, but at least you'll know that they won't hate them. Or else that would be even worse, a dog treat that's not really a treat for dogs. Beggin' strips are not that expensive so I think it's worth it to try it.

Right name for great treats

Comments about Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats:

My dog love Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats. The treats are the only treats for here. She gets so excited seeing the bag. She reminds me of the dog in the commercial. She runs around the house with excitement. When the bag is opened the treats actually smell like bacon. The bag is a great size that last for 2 weeks. I give her treats every couple of days. The ingredients are well balanced for her needs. I love the bag. The color is great and catches my eye when shopping. They are very easy to find and the price is great. Well worth it. The dog on the front of the bag is funny. The pieces really do look like bacon pieces. I love the zip up top great for reuse, no need for a zip lock bag. I would recommend Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats to anyone that love buying treats for their dog. Their dogs will love the taste and the smell. They will get so excited having a great treat at a low cost.

Yummy, But Not Healthy

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Purina Beggin' Strips Dog Treats:

My dog loves treats and I try to give him the best possible quality ones but when a friend gave him a package of Beggin' Strips as a gift when she was visiting I couldn't just throw them away so I gave them to my dog while she was here.

They were certainly a hit. He loved them. They have a strong, meaty smell that he really enjoys. He comes running when he hears the package opening. And he wolfs them down as soon as they hit his lips.

The issue I have with them is the nutrition - or lack thereof. These are not high quality treats and are full of icky stuff like preservatives, flavorings, and colorings. They are basically the equivalent of fast food hamburgers. So I only serve these once in a while as a treat.

They're certainly budget conscious and can be found in nearly every supermarket and big box store which is nice.

I really cannot recommend these though when there are so many better for your furry baby treats out there.