Other Dog Foods:
Purina
Purina Alpo Come & Get It! Dry Dog Food

Purina Alpo Come & Get It! Dry Dog Food

• Flavor Selection:

my dog chose this over purina dog chow

ok so one week we were out of dog food and short on cash so we would normally buy the purina dog chow but like i said this week in particular we were short on cash so i grabbed a bag of the alpo purina come and get it, and took it home and fed my dutch sheppard lab mix dog and if i tell you i could not give him more quick enough i would be lying! this dog was not starving but he chowed down on this dog food!i told my hubby that from now on we will buy this because the dog LOVED IT!! it was only like 7.99 for the bag and it was a small bag but it beat the price of 10.99 for the dog chow, and it had a coupon.so when i went shopping today i got him a 40lb bag for 15.99 and he was chowin down as soon as i poured it for him!im glad its still from purina but it says on the bag more meat flavor and im guessing that he enjoys it. so i would totally reccomend this brand to anyone for their dog! its cost effective and the dog LOVES it!

Alpo Come and Get it is a Dog Food to Avoid

Dog foods can get expensive if you select yours from a local pet store and purchase a premium brand. But dog foods can be very cheap if purchased from a grocery or other discount store and one of the cheap options is **Alpo Come and Get It Dry Dog Food.**

**Dog Food Facts and Commentary:**

Alpo Come and Get It Dry Dog Food is a dog food manufactured and sold by the folks at Purina. It is one of the cheapest and most widely available brands, sold at most grocery stores and even at convenience stores, often for a very low cost per pound that tempts consumers to give it a try.

Alpo Come and Get It Dry Dog Food does have an appealing taste to dogs and they do seem to like it. The smell is most important to a dog’s interest in food and they do love the scent of this food. Their enthusiastic eating is proof that this dog food has something going for it.

Unfortunately, the taste to dogs is about the only good point of this product. The level of protein is good, but the other nutrition and ingredients are highly questionable. Corn is the main ingredient and while corn may be fine for people, it is of little use for dogs. It also contains meat bone meal and other less desirable ingredients, making it one of the worst products on the market based on ingredients.

**My Bottom Line:**

Alpo Come and Get It Dry Dog Food may have a low price, but this is certainly not a food you should serve your pooch on a regular basis. A small amount from time to time should be okay, but I would otherwise avoid this product and spend a little more money on something with better quality and nutrition.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients include meat by products and excessive amounts of corn.

Flavor Selection
Dogs do like the flavors in this food.

Dogs love it

from Oklahoma

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
  • Good Value
  • Tasty

Cons

• they don't know when to stop and will throw up

Comments about Purina Alpo Come & Get It! Dry Dog Food:

We typically keep food in their bowls or fill when we notice they are out. Both our dogs are inside dogs so they eat when they want. With this brand, we noticed that they attentive when we poured it just as if we were getting our own food and they were anticipating table scraps. They will overeat to the point of throwing up so now we make sure we structure meal time. They get it in the AM then PM. I would be interested in knowing if anyone has any problem itching. I know some of you will insist on the cadillac brands but I'll say this. My senior mother insists on that and every dog or cat she has dies at an early age or gets diabetes. My dogs have eaten basic stuff and lived til they were 15-17 years old.

I buy this time & time again

About Me Long-time Pet Owner

Pros

• Dog Likes It
    • Good Value
    • Nutritional

• Active Dogs
      • Older Dogs
      • Smaller Dogs

Comments about Purina Alpo Come & Get It! Dry Dog Food:

My dogs really love it. That is the only kind they like to eat. My older dog loves to eat it one piece at a time. It must be pretty good because my dogs are very picky eaters.

If your main objective is value, this is it.

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Purina Alpo Come & Get It! Dry Dog Food:

We have a beagle that pretty much will eat anything you put in front of him. When we got him, his previous owners had already been feeding him Alpo Come and Get it dog food. I was planning on switching him to a better brand that was, perhaps, more nutritious. I tried the Prime Cuts by Alpo, but he did not like them as much. I could tell that he preferred the Come and Get it variety. He has maintained a healthy weight and is an incredibly happy and healthy dog. I know that there are better brands out there, but you are also going to pay double for them what this dog food costs. If your dog enjoys it, I don't see why you wouldn't serve him this dog food. I do not plan on switching my pup any time soon. I wouldn't suggest this dog food for smaller dogs because of the size of the kibble.

Quality of Ingredients
      The quality of ingredients could be better, but you could also be paying twice the cost. This is definitely a value dog food and not a premium dog food.

Flavor Selection
      There are no other flavors available, but I am sure this is one of the ways that they keep the cost down. My dog loves it.

Good food, good price

from Empire, AL

Comments about Purina Alpo Come & Get It! Dry Dog Food:

My dogs are very picky. By picky I mean they want table scraps all day every day. I have tried many different brand of dog food and this one is actually one they will eat and enjoy. I can tell they enjoy the taste of it because they go right for it when I pour it into their pans. Other dog food brand I have tried they sit down and stare at me and then let it sit for days until the birds come eat it. Alpo is actually one of the cheapest brands at the store as well, which is good for me since I have 3 large dogs. We have one dog who is 13 and the other two dogs are 2 and the food is great for them all. The 13 year old seems to have some trouble chewing since her teeth are not in the best shape but the small size of the pieces are good enough for her to grab and eat. Overall this dog food has been great for us. The dogs love it, we love the price, and the dogs are healthy so I can’t ask for more.

Mine love it

Not for my dog!

Comments about Purina Alpo Come & Get It! Dry Dog Food:

I bought this product when i first got my dog and i thought hmm this is awesome and cheap. but as the more i use it it dried him out; made him itchy and he ate EVERYTHING; he would always be digging making himself raw and cry it hurt and he was sore. made his coat dull and fell out. i change to another product i realllly LIKE. i have never see him look better and feel better. hes shinny and he hasnt been digging. i have a whole bag with nothing to do with it

• Flavor Selection:

Great dog food at a great price.

from Muncie, IN

Comments about Purina Alpo Come & Get It! Dry Dog Food:

All 3 of my dogs absolutely LOVE Alpo's Come and Get it dog food!! They have never been so excited about dinner time before. As soon as I go in to feed them they are right there waiting, and start eating before I can even get their bowls filled. This is also the first time they have continued to eat until it's all gone.

Great Dog Food

from North Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Purina Alpo Come & Get It! Dry Dog Food:

my dogs and I like it beacause it is a good value and good quality dog food! I've feed all my dogs this and they've all loved it and have remained healthy even into old age! Alpo is a great brand. There's usually a coupon for their products as well. I like both the wet & dry. can't go wrong either way!!

Alpo Come and Get it is a Dog Food to Avoid

from Houston, TX

**Dog Food Facts and Commentary:**

**My Bottom Line:**

Quality of Ingredients
      The ingredients include meat by products and excessive amounts of corn.

Flavor Selection
      Dogs do like the flavors in this food.

• Flavor Selection:

Alpo come n get it very good

from Old Fort, NC

Comments about Purina Alpo Come & Get It! Dry Dog Food:

I have bought alpo foods for many years for my pets, along with many other brands. Alpo is good quality food at a reasonable price, also can find many sales and coupon offers for this brand. My dogs and cats have always liked alpo products, I go to other brands, for a change and variety for my pets, but always come back to this. Even though its not all natural its still a good source of protein for my pets and its always a good thing that they like it too. This is one brand of food they dont turn their noses up to. I found alpo come n get it to be a very dependable brand and one I can buy at reasonable prices. So many brands to choose from, even with all natural brands, if your dog dont like the food, its still no good.

my dog loves it

from Bronx, NY

Comments about Purina Alpo Come & Get It! Dry Dog Food:

We were giving our dog different brands of dog food and he seemed to not care for any of them. We started tooking for other dog foods and finally I decided to but this one and he loved it. Once we started looking for a better alternative,and we found this to be the one. We finally came across the ALPO brand, and we decided to try it out. We purchased one bag and had to go back to get more. The dog really LOVES it. My dog comes running when the bag is opened because the food smells so good. He also gobbles down his food , so he seems to really enjoy the taste of the food. This brand is a little more expensive than some but I will continue to purchase this food for my dog. It has all natural ingredients, so I feel that I am giving him better food, and to buy it. He is a big member of the family and we love him so why not...