Other Detergents:
Laundry Detergent
Purex
Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent

Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent

Pros

• Easy to use (3)
  • Simple instructions (3)

Cons

Love Purex! Iffy on the UltraPacks.

I have to start by saying that I love Purex. I use all sorts of products by Purex – detergent, crystals and dryer sheets. You name it, I have probably tried it. The Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent is one of the products that I have tried. I will say that it is not my favorite product by Purex, but it is one that I definitely use. I actually have many Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent packages sitting in my laundry room right now – I scored a good deal a while back.

The scents (and non-scented) are awesome. For the scented UltraPacks, I like that they do have a strong scent, but it is not overpowering. You aren’t going to feel like your clothes will stink with a heavy detergent scent. The non-scented, “plain” one, my mother personally loves to use for her work clothes. She says they clean just as well as the scented ones.

Here is where I’m a little frustrated. At my house, I have well water (it sucks) and electric bills are high, so we don’t use hot water when washing clothes, ever. The Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent don’t seem to dissolve very well in cold water. Tossing them in the washing machine is easy and such a convenience, but when they don’t break open and dissolve that well, what is the point in them? I have come up with a solution, I take one or two of the UltraPacks, stick them in a plastic cup and put some warm water in it. I let it sit for a few moments and then take a fork (or a knife) and I start stirring them around, breaking them open. Once most of the detergent is out of the Ultrapacks, I take the encasing out and throw it away. I have found the encasing stuck to the bottom of my washing machine before. After the detergent and water are mixed, I dump the mixture into the washing machine. It makes it a little more complicated and more work, however I am able to use the UltraPacks this way.

So while I do love Purex laundry detergent, I don’t think I would personally by the UltraPacks again, but would buy Purex in the future. If you use warm or hot water when you wash your clothes, I don’t think you’ll have a problem getting the UltraPacks to work for you.

Has a fresh, clean scent

Purex UltraPacks clean, but not very well.

I was not very impressed with the Purex UltraPacks. They do clean, but not exceptionally well, and their scent is very "soapy", not fresh. All laundry sours if it isn't moved into the dryer in a timely manner, but I found that with the Purex UltraPacks, it soured very quickly. To me, that means the detergent in Purex UltraPacks is not very strong and does not wash out the dirt and grime well. (For reference, I do have a front loading new washer and dryer, and I use washing machine cleaner every three months, so its not because of my washer.)

I was not happy with the performance of the Purex packs, at all. Tide Pods work much better. Another issue I noticed is that my lighter colored clothing seemed to become dingy if I only used Purex packs. I had to add oxyclean or another cleaner to the washer if I wanted my clothes to remain clean and bright.

The scent is not bad. It smells clean. However, it is more of a "soapy" clean than a "fresh" clean.

Good price

from Baltimore Md.

About Me Renter

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• not for stains
  • Strong/Bad Scent

• Laundry Room
  • Travel

Comments about Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent:

I am an adult and not very dirty soooo. I can save money using these pods. They get the wash clean if you don't need to bust stains. I have tried them on stained clothes and had to wash two or more times for it to be effective. I use the clear, the blue has a very strong scent which is fine for those who like scent but I have allergies. The clear is great for people with allergies. Truly NO scent or artificial colors.My wash smells clean and looks clean. There is no residue or stiff feeling to the clothes. If you just need a good detergent for clothes that are gently worn and you want it at a good price, this is the right detergent.

Laundry must have!

from Philadelphia, PA

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Simple Instructions

• Cleaning
    • Laundry Room

Comments about Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent:

The Ultrapacks are very easy to use. They dissolve completely with either cold or hot water.

Purex Ultrapacks are super convenient, easy to store in your laundry room without taking too much space, and most importantly they clean clothing beautifully. The packets dissolve completely and do not leave any kind of slimy film feeling on clothing nor in your washer, like some other brands do.

The only downfall I would have to say is if your hands have even the tiniest bit of water on them and you grab a gel pack, it begins dissolving almost instantly.

Overall, I would hands down recommend Purex UltraPacks for use on a daily basis for any size loads of laundry.

bargin

from Detroit, MI

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Portable
    • Simple Instructions
    • Very Portable

• Dorm

Comments about Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent:

budget, friendly,It gets the job done, I like that it is very portable, these can be sent with your college aged child to the dorm and you don't have to worry about it leaking all over the place and it is good to mail in a goody box to the dorm, directions are easy for the college student to understand

quick and easy

from Edina, MN

Comments about Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent:

I love the Purex Triple Action Ultra Packs laundry detergent. This is a sure way to make sure you are using the right amount and not wasting any products. They are quick and easy just to toss in the wash and do a great job of leaving clothes clean, fresh and with a nice soft scent. Since they come in these little packs they come at a good price and you get your money's worth. This pack lasts a good amount of time and its easy to know how much to put in for each wash whether its a small or large one. This detergent is soft on clothing yet strong on cleaning. Its works wells for everything from socks, jeans, blankets, sheets, delicates, and more. It does a good job of protecting colors as well, but works great on whites too.

Great! Leaves things fresh, clean and soft. Protects colors and materials.

Scent is fresh, soft and not overpowering. Its great for people with sensitive noses as well, its non-irritating.

These are great

Comments about Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent:

I give Purex Triple Action UltraPacks a ten out of ten because I already love Purex. The UltraPacks do not diminish the original quality produced by Purex in the liquid detergents. It is still soft on the clothing meaning it does not wear and tear the fabric. It also still poduces the same great long lasting scent. They are so convenient to use because you just throw one in with each load and go. No more measuring out liquids and getting little soap residue dots on your laundry equipment that collect dust, dirt, and debris. They always disolve completely and clean your clothes very well. I really like these and only buy liquid laundry detergent if it is on a great sale or to keep some on hand for those once in awhile small loads you do. I recommend trying these if you hate measuring out the liquid!

These great UltraPacks have the same great scent as before! It lasts for a few weeks on the clothes in either closets or drawers.

Good, basic product with a hefty price tag.

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent:

I've been using Purex regular liquid laundry detergent for many years. I've never really thought about it being inconvenient or difficult to use, with the exception of the 128 oz. bottles, which are quite heavy and don't fit in my laundry room cabinets. When Purex introduced the Triple Action Ultra Packs, they were promoted as being more convenient and easy to use because they are pre-filled pods of liquid detergent that you can just throw in the washing machine. The outer casing dissolves in any temperature of water. While it is true that the pods are convenient and quick, it's also true that I usually have to use two of the Ultra Packs for the larger loads of laundry that I typically wash, so they are not a very good value. If I use the regular liquid Purex, I can get at least twice the amount of loads for the same price. Really, there is no advantage to using the Ultra Packs because I haven't noticed that they have any better cleaning performance and the scent seems to be the same as the regular liquid.

nice to smell in the bottle, but scent does not linger on clothing

Great Clean, Good Price

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent:

I am typically leery of low-priced laundry detergent since I have had a few bad experiences, but having heard heard good things about Purex so I was willing to give it a shot and I am happy that I did. My clothes came out clean and fresh.
      They work just like any laundry pack, just toss in the wash and that is all you have to do, the pack dissolved completely in cold wash.
      I would rate it as an overall rate of 90% stain removal. Basic everyday stain were removed in a single washing with no pre treating, but tougher stains like mustard or soy sauce required some form of pre treat to get out.
      The scent of the pack is nice, not overpowering and left a nice smell on the clothes once they were washed.
      The only reason I can't give this a ten is a because of the the overall stain removal. I bought these because they were on sale and usually use Gain Flings and comparing the two Gain wins in the stain removal department.

This is easy as pie

Comments about Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent:

I recommend this product to anyone who live in a dormitory or apartment building. No longer do we have to carry around a huge bottle of detergent up stairs. and I don't have to worry about any detergent spilling on my clothes. A plus is that the detergent easily clean my clothes in a snap!

I sometimes have to throw in more then one in the machine.

It comes in a few scent so great!

good product

from TN

Comments about Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent:

I decided to try Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent because I really like Purex detergent and these were interesting. I have tried other pod detergents and really liked them, but I did not love these. They do clean clothes pretty good and they are way more simple to use, but I still prefer the liquid detergent over these. It seems like these do not smell quite as good as the regular detergent does. Clothes smell good after using this detergent, but the scent does not last all day on the clothes. I would still definitely recommend these to others because they do clean my family's clothes really well. The cost of these is pretty good compared to other products like them because they are less expensive than other brands.

These UltraPacks clean laundry really well. It seems to get out most of the stains that my daughter manages to get on her clothes.

These make your laundry smell good, but the smell just does not last long enough.

Little packs of cleaning power

Comments about Purex Triple Action UltraPacks Laundry Detergent:

These packs have a great cleaning action. I wasn't too familiar with Purex Triple Action Ultra Packs, but decided to purchase them due to the price being within my budget at that particular time. One thing I can truly appreciate about this product is how easy it is just to drop a pack into the washer machine. I don't have to worry about powder or liquid detergent covering my hands. I can remain mess free while using these ultra packs. It is so easy to use and fun to try with my kids while supervising them. I love how clean my clothes look and how fresh they smell after using Purex Triple Action Ultra Packs Laundry Detergent. Even when I am not on a budget, I will purchase this product.

Every time I have used this product, my clothes have come out clean and fresh. Even some of the heavy stained clothes have been lifted and cleaned. I must admit that I was shocked to see how clean they were.

It has a very fresh scent. I like it.