Other Detergents:
Purex
Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies

Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies

Cons

Smells great and is good for the environment.

I have been using Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent for years now, but just now thought of reviewing it.  I'm all about using eco-friendly products, so when this detergent first came out and was reasonably priced, I had to buy it.

Besides the fact that this laundry detergent is eco-friendly and inexpensive, one of the key selling points for me was the great scent.  I don't like floral scents, but the Lily scent is fabulous - fresh, sweet and slightly fruity.

**Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent **is now available in several scents.  Right now I'm using "Citrus & Aloe" and am a little disappointed in the lack of a scent.  When you unscrew the cap and take a whiff, you can smell it, but there is no scent on your washed and dried clothes.

I like that the formula is biodegradable and dye-free.  It's made with plant-based cleaning agents and natural fragrance extracts.  What people don't realize is that the products we use go right into our oceans and other water ways, and affect the fish, plants and anything alive in the water.  Products that contain bleach, phosphates and other chemicals destroy our wildlife and ruin the whole marine ecology.  It's a sad process that could be prevented.

I have found that **Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent** is great for everyday loads of laundry, but it doesn't get tough stains out.   As previously noted, the scents are great but don't stay on laundered clothes.  I'm the type of person who enjoys the scent of clean laundry, so I'm a little disappointed by that, but I will still buy this.

If you are trying to become more eco-friendly, this laundry detergent is a super easy way to get started.  It's cheap, smells great and does a good job.  I will definitely continue to buy it!

Suspected allergic reaction.

Because it supposedly contained "All Natural Elements", I decided to try this detergent.  Whether it's the fragance or something else (no ingredients are listed 'nautrally derived suftanctants') this detergents seems to have triggered allergic reactions in me which I've never had before.  At 70, I'm living proof that one is never too old to become allergic. Now I'm washing everything in Woolite.  And as far as I can tell, this started after I used Purex Natural Elements.

My all-time favorite detergent

from Cherry Valley

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

My family has lots of skin allergies. It gives me amazing comfort knowing this fervent is made from plant derived materials. The scent is amazing too. A little goes a long way.

I use this regularly!

from Fair Haven, MI

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

• Laundry Room

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I love the smell of is soap, the price is great! My fiancé has reactions to a lot of soaps but our ex doesn't bother him.

Not the best from this brand.

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I always felt like my items weren't clean enough, sometimes my family would re-wash the load because we felt like it was clean or it just didn't do anything for the clothes but just wash off some light dirt. I guess it would be good if I was doing really light loads that weren't that dirty, like my socks and bras they don't have stains and just need to be washed a few times. It would work at that time. It's okay for sensitive skin because how light it can be and for babies as well. But I wouldn't use it for anything that is heavy duty.

If there was anything heavy duty like mud it just washed off but there was a stain left, with other laundry soap it would take everything off. It made my sheets and blankets rough. I always felt like I was using more then it said to use. It feels to watery and not thick, that is another reason I don't like using it on anything to big or dirty.

There was no scent. Not having a scent is okay for me because I don't like when the soaps have a scent and I add a fabric softener and I can't tell which smell I am smelling.

Save money, go green, and clean the clothes

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I don't remember ever seeing Purex Natural Elements in the laundry isle at the grocery store but my hubby with list in hand decided found it and decided to substitute this less expensive brand of soap. Oh he did his homework, read the label, and it qualified in his opinion to give it a try. Not only was it less expensive than my brand, it was on sale, and it is a hypoallergenic product that is free of dyes and designed for sensitive skin. How could I argue with all that.

I have to admit that I was really surprised but it really did suds up, took a small amount of soap, did a great job of cleaning the clothes. This product is designed to be a environmental safe product. Best of all he was so proud to have found this product.

It really did leave a fresh clean smell to the clothes without leaving a perfume type of smell, I really liked the light airy feel and smell of the towels and sheets. Yes, this is a product that I will buy again.

Great product.

from Ohio

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I bought this for my two year old daughters clothes. She has really sensitive skin and just about anything will make her break out. Luckily I found this on sale for about 2.99 a bottle on sale. I always open it to see if I like the scent, this smells really nice! I was looking for a natural product to wash her clothes with, but I also wanted something scented so her clothes smell good. This product is great, sensitive on her skin and her clothes come out smelling nice and fresh. A little bit of this product goes a long way, so you don't need a bunch of it to get the clothes clean. It works great on removing food stains, dirt and even pen or marker. I am really glad that I found this product, because I use it for her clothes ALL the time!

The performance is great, it works as well as the more expensive brands. I also like the fact that it has a very strong cleaning power but it is still gentle enough to use on the most sensitive skinned people (like my two year old) so I am very grateful for this Purex natural elements laundry detergent.

The scent is great, very fresh and clean smelling! I definitely recommend this product.

Good Cleaning but Strongly Scented

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I use Purex detergents occasionally and when I saw that they had a new Natural Elements detergent line (and that it was on sale) I decided to give it a try.

This was easy to use, just like any other detergent. You just measure and pour into the machine. Super simple. I used the recommended amount for my load size and everything came out very clean and soft. It powered through all sorts of clothes dirty from gardening and yard work, as well as sports clothes and dish towels soiled from cooking. Everything came out very clean.

What I did not like about this particular formula was the Linen & Lilies scent. It just was not appealing and was actually rather overpowering straight out of the bottle. It did lessen a bit in the wash and was tolerable but I found myself counting the days until the bottle would be done so I could switch to another detergent. It did smell okay on towels which were put in the closet and when used had just a subtle hint of the fragrance remaining.

If you are at all sensitive to scents then this is not for you.

This is a great smelling product at a great deal!

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I highly recommend that you try Purex Natural Elements Laundry detergent It is a great deal for the product. I was not disappointed. It works well for less than the other leading detergents and smells good.

It does as well as any of the leading detergents and at a more reasonable price.

The Purex Natural Laundry detergent has a great smell.

Bottom line, don't pay for tide when this does the trick!

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

This laundry detergent works it really works. It acts as if it was a high priced very rationed detergent. This Purex makes you feel great and confident about your washed clothes and know you didn't break your budget. This is consumer savvy and all that it is promised to be. Why by the alternate and pay double when this is impressive and does it's job? For me if i have l

This works wonders, it surpasses cheers and goes as far as the higher up brands for a low cost alternative. I love it and for my sensitive kiddo it did the trick too. No more itching or struggling to smile when his clothes work just thank you much.

Great various scents but I prefer the original scents I am not about anything new but old classic scents

Love Purex Detergent

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I have sensitive skin and I always try to be careful not to purchase any type of laundry detergent that will cause skin irritation. When making decisions on what kind of laundry detergent to buy I choose free and clear.

I came across this particular laundry detergent by accident while shopping. It was on sale for a very good price and decided to purchase it. I was very happy to see that the scent was very natural smelling and didn't smell of perfumes.

This laundry detergent cleans my laundry very well and lifts tough stains off my clothing. My skin does not become irritated from using this particular detergent at all. With this being said in my opinion this particular laundry detergent is safe to use on laundry if you suffer from sensitive skin. Just to be sure of things one can always test out the laundry detergent by washing one garment to see if a skin reaction will occur.

I am happy I have tried this product and will continue to use it.

Natural? Then explain the hives.

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I've used many different types of laundry detergents, liquid and powder, cheap ones and quality ones. But never before has a laundry detergent given me hives. Please explain how it can be natural but still give my entire family and I an allergic reaction.