Other Detergents:
Laundry Detergent
Purex
Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies

Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies

Pros

• Effective (6)
  • Easy to use (5)
  • Great scent (5)
  • Safe for delicate clothes/skin (4)
  • Simple instructions (4)

• Laundry room (5)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Homeowner (3), Parent (3)

Smells great and is good for the environment.

I have been using Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent for years now, but just now thought of reviewing it.  I'm all about using eco-friendly products, so when this detergent first came out and was reasonably priced, I had to buy it.

Besides the fact that this laundry detergent is eco-friendly and inexpensive, one of the key selling points for me was the great scent.  I don't like floral scents, but the Lily scent is fabulous - fresh, sweet and slightly fruity.

**Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent **is now available in several scents.  Right now I'm using "Citrus & Aloe" and am a little disappointed in the lack of a scent.  When you unscrew the cap and take a whiff, you can smell it, but there is no scent on your washed and dried clothes.

I like that the formula is biodegradable and dye-free.  It's made with plant-based cleaning agents and natural fragrance extracts.  What people don't realize is that the products we use go right into our oceans and other water ways, and affect the fish, plants and anything alive in the water.  Products that contain bleach, phosphates and other chemicals destroy our wildlife and ruin the whole marine ecology.  It's a sad process that could be prevented.

I have found that **Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent** is great for everyday loads of laundry, but it doesn't get tough stains out.   As previously noted, the scents are great but don't stay on laundered clothes.  I'm the type of person who enjoys the scent of clean laundry, so I'm a little disappointed by that, but I will still buy this.

If you are trying to become more eco-friendly, this laundry detergent is a super easy way to get started.  It's cheap, smells great and does a good job.  I will definitely continue to buy it!

Suspected allergic reaction.

Because it supposedly contained "All Natural Elements", I decided to try this detergent.  Whether it's the fragance or something else (no ingredients are listed 'nautrally derived suftanctants') this detergents seems to have triggered allergic reactions in me which I've never had before.  At 70, I'm living proof that one is never too old to become allergic. Now I'm washing everything in Woolite.  And as far as I can tell, this started after I used Purex Natural Elements.

smells so clean

from NJ

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

My clothes not only smell clean. they are clean .

Love this!

from NJ

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
    • Simple Instructions

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I have been buying this detergent for some time now and really love the scent. It doesn't irritate our skin, gets the stains out and is priced well!

I use regularly

from Morganton, NC

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Effective

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I love this detergent. Although it is not clear whether it is actually made with natural ingredients or not, I like the smell and it does the job well at an inexpensive price.

Great Detergent

from Ohio

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
          • Effective
          • Great Scent

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

Purex Natural Elements detergent is friendly on the environment and friendly on the wallet. Purex is one of the most affordable detergents on the market. Let's face it in today's economy every little bit of money you can save counts. You might only SAVE a couple bucks, but hey that's a couple more dollars you didn't have before! One of the reasons I like Purex is that it leaves your clothes smelling freshly clean. Purex washes the clothes well. It gives off enough bubbly suds to do the job. They say because of the natural ingredients that make up Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent, that it will less likely cause allergic reactions, which is good for people with sensitive skin toward detergents. I don't have a sensitivity to detergents, so I can't count that to be true. What I can say about this detergent is that it cleans the clothes well and leaves them smelling clean.

My all-time favorite detergent

from CV

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
            • Effective
            • Great Scent
            • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
            • Simple Instructions

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

My family has lots of skin allergies. It gives me amazing comfort knowing this fervent is made from plant derived materials. The scent is amazing too. A little goes a long way.

I use this regularly!

from Fair Haven, MI

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
              • Effective
              • Gets Stains Out
              • Great Scent
              • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
              • Simple Instructions

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I love the smell of is soap, the price is great! My fiancé has reactions to a lot of soaps but our ex doesn't bother him.

Not the best from this brand.

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I always felt like my items weren't clean enough, sometimes my family would re-wash the load because we felt like it was clean or it just didn't do anything for the clothes but just wash off some light dirt. I guess it would be good if I was doing really light loads that weren't that dirty, like my socks and bras they don't have stains and just need to be washed a few times. It would work at that time. It's okay for sensitive skin because how light it can be and for babies as well. But I wouldn't use it for anything that is heavy duty.

If there was anything heavy duty like mud it just washed off but there was a stain left, with other laundry soap it would take everything off. It made my sheets and blankets rough. I always felt like I was using more then it said to use. It feels to watery and not thick, that is another reason I don't like using it on anything to big or dirty.

There was no scent. Not having a scent is okay for me because I don't like when the soaps have a scent and I add a fabric softener and I can't tell which smell I am smelling.

Save money, go green, and clean the clothes

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I don't remember ever seeing Purex Natural Elements in the laundry isle at the grocery store but my hubby with list in hand decided found it and decided to substitute this less expensive brand of soap. Oh he did his homework, read the label, and it qualified in his opinion to give it a try. Not only was it less expensive than my brand, it was on sale, and it is a hypoallergenic product that is free of dyes and designed for sensitive skin. How could I argue with all that.

I have to admit that I was really surprised but it really did suds up, took a small amount of soap, did a great job of cleaning the clothes. This product is designed to be a environmental safe product. Best of all he was so proud to have found this product.

It really did leave a fresh clean smell to the clothes without leaving a perfume type of smell, I really liked the light airy feel and smell of the towels and sheets. Yes, this is a product that I will buy again.

Great product.

from Ohio

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I bought this for my two year old daughters clothes. She has really sensitive skin and just about anything will make her break out. Luckily I found this on sale for about 2.99 a bottle on sale. I always open it to see if I like the scent, this smells really nice! I was looking for a natural product to wash her clothes with, but I also wanted something scented so her clothes smell good. This product is great, sensitive on her skin and her clothes come out smelling nice and fresh. A little bit of this product goes a long way, so you don't need a bunch of it to get the clothes clean. It works great on removing food stains, dirt and even pen or marker. I am really glad that I found this product, because I use it for her clothes ALL the time!

The performance is great, it works as well as the more expensive brands. I also like the fact that it has a very strong cleaning power but it is still gentle enough to use on the most sensitive skinned people (like my two year old) so I am very grateful for this Purex natural elements laundry detergent.

The scent is great, very fresh and clean smelling! I definitely recommend this product.

Good Cleaning but Strongly Scented

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Purex Natural Elements Laundry Detergent - Linen & Lilies:

I use Purex detergents occasionally and when I saw that they had a new Natural Elements detergent line (and that it was on sale) I decided to give it a try.

This was easy to use, just like any other detergent. You just measure and pour into the machine. Super simple. I used the recommended amount for my load size and everything came out very clean and soft. It powered through all sorts of clothes dirty from gardening and yard work, as well as sports clothes and dish towels soiled from cooking. Everything came out very clean.

What I did not like about this particular formula was the Linen & Lilies scent. It just was not appealing and was actually rather overpowering straight out of the bottle. It did lessen a bit in the wash and was tolerable but I found myself counting the days until the bottle would be done so I could switch to another detergent. It did smell okay on towels which were put in the closet and when used had just a subtle hint of the fragrance remaining.

If you are at all sensitive to scents then this is not for you.