Other Detergents:
Purex
PU50478207
Purex Complete with Zout Liquid Laundry Detergent

Purex Complete with Zout Liquid Laundry Detergent

Pros

• Effective (3)
  • Gets stains out (3)
  • Great scent (3)

• Laundry room (3)

Purex with Zout gets tough stains out.

If you are tired of paying an arm and a leg for expensive laundry detergent and pre-treating stain removers, Purex Complete with Zout is what you have been looking for. It costs less than many other laundry detergents but works just as well in getting even heavily soiled laundry very clean and fresh.

This product can be used as a pre-treater for stubborn stains such as blood and red wine by applying and rubbing the detergent directly onto the stain and allowing it to sit for about 5 minutes. After the five minutes are up, put the soiled item in your standard or high efficiency washing machine, add a capful of Purex Complete with Zout and the rest of your laundry and the stain will not be there after the laundry has finished washing.

This detergent is available in two fragrances, "Fresh Morning Burst" and "Free and Clear". I have not tried "Free and Clear" but like the scent of "Fresh Morning Burst" very much. It doesn't have a perfume like fragrance, it simply smells very fresh and clean.

Purex Complete with Zout is hypoallergenic, works as well in cleaning and removing stains as many well known laundry detergents with stain removers, but costs less. It's a very cost effective product that has proved itself to me and that I would recommend.

WHAT'S THAT SMELL?

I have never in my life left a load in the washer the dryer maybe but not the washer. This product is supposed for HE washers yet suds to much. I do love the scent more than expensive brands but the horrible smell after the wash is not worth the money saved. I used to use purex all of the time in my older washer and it did alright. No rash on the children no mildew smell and worked great with my softner. Now I have to add bleach to my wash and affresh my drum after every wash. Stains aren't removed and whites are dull.

My clothing came out with this horrible mildew scent. My washer even had that horrible smell I had use bleach and affresh to clean my drum! Affresh is expensive! Adding that to the cost of this inexpensive product it becomes more expensive that just paying for a name brand item. I was floored when after every use I needed to add affresh to my washer!

The sent in the bottle is so nice and fresh. Not overpowering at all. Was hoping for a subtle scent for my softner.

Great and affordable!

from Knightdale, NC

About Me Renter

Pros

• Effective
  • Gets Stains Out
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin

• Travel

Comments about Purex Complete with Zout Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I recently purchased this brand from Walgreens during a BOGO event. I have been pleasantly surprised at how great it has worked. Purex is made for HE machines. The smell is great! I will definitely buy more!

Great Detergent

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy To Use
    • Effective
    • Gets Stains Out
    • Great Scent
    • Simple Instructions

• Cleaning
      • Dorm
      • Home

Comments about Purex Complete with Zout Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I absolutely love everything about this laundry detergent! I was a brand loyal customer to Tide for almost twenty years, but when I started couponing, I decided to give other brands a try. I've tried Tide, Purex, Method, Dreft, All, Wisk, Woolite, Era, Seventh Generation, and several others including some store brands. This is by far my favorite. Not only did this detergent get my clothes super clean, my clothes smelled great as well. My whites were very white even without bleach. I'm talking stains that I had already given up on had somehow miraculously come clean with just one load of this detergent. No pretreatment necessary. No bleach. Nothing but a capful of this amazing detergent. Best of all, this is actually one of the most affordable detergents. Even without coupons, you can usually find small bottles of Purex laundry detergent for only $2 during store sales. In my opinion, it's worth so much more!

All time favorite laundry detergent

from Stroudsburg, PA

About Me Housekeeper

Pros

• Easy To Use
      • Effective
      • Gets Stains Out
      • Great Scent
      • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
      • Simple Instructions

Cons

• There Are No Cons

Comments about Purex Complete with Zout Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I keep buying and using this Purex Zout laundry detergent time and time again. Not only is it inexpensive, but it doesn't take much product to get my loads of laundry clean. Whenever I wash my laundry I completely pack my machine full of dirty laundry. It only takes a small cap full of laundry detergent to get my clothes smelling great, and completely free of any stains. I go to the gym on a daily basis, and do a lot of yard work, so you can imagine the dirt and odors that stick to my clothes. My clothes are brighter, softer, and cleaner after cleaning them with Purex. Other inexpensive laundry detergents take much more product to get my clothes clean and leave my clothes feeling rough. Not with Purex. I save money, and my clothes stay looking new. It's a win win situation.

This product lives up to my expectations.

Comments about Purex Complete with Zout Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This detergent delivers promised results at a very good price. I am always searching for products that perform just a well as higher priced competitors. Purex fits that category for me.

Purex is a consistent performer. I have been using it for years and am very satisfied with the results of cleaning my laundry. Compared with the higher priced detergents, Purex performs as well or better than higher priced products of it's kind. I have used several different ones when they are on sale, but come back to Purex most often because I know I can trust the results every time I use it.

The scent of Purex is pleasant, mild and not overwhelming. I prefer a mild clean scent or no scent as it does not compete with other scents I choose to use. My husband is sensitive to added scents in soaps, detergents and laundry softeners. However, he has never complained of the scent found in Purex detergent or other products of this brand.

Decent for the price.

from Eastlake, OH

Comments about Purex Complete with Zout Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Purex never claims to be the leading detergent in the market. You will get a satisfactory clean with no residue left behind. However, the idea of the stain lifter being in the formula is a bit of a misnomer. I still had to use an additional pretreatment spray to get out stubborn stains and odors.

Listen, you are getting a lot of detergent at a pretty decent price. You'll have to adjust your expectations accordingly. Certainly it cleaned my clothes but it didn't make them any brighter or looking newer. I still had to use a pretreatment spray even though this had a stain lifter in the formula. When I'm in a budget pinch I always get Purex. Just know that you will have to put a little extra elbow grease in to get your clothes done.

As one of the brands that I consider to be more of a bargain brand, I didn't expect this to have a knock my socks off scent. It does smell like your average detergent: clean and somewhat floral. However, it by no means is potent enough to stay on your clothes much beyond the dryer.

Simply wonderful to use

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Purex Complete with Zout Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Another great product within the Purex line of detergents. This one is particular great because of the Zout added to it, that aids in even better cleaning of clothes. I love it and love using it knowing that the end results will be wonderfully clean clothes.

It does a really great job cleaning the worst stains you can imagine in your clothes. This is another product I use when my son's football uniform is particularly filthy and needs to be cleaned in a hurry for another game. It does wonders on grass stains and mud that is been ground into the knees. I love this product and it is considered a staple in my home, as products that are an absolute must to have on hand.

I love the scent of this particular product because it is so faint you can barely smell it, at the same time, you know it is there and what the brand it. It smells of flowers, but is not sweet smelling that can be irritating to the nose.

Beats Tide hands down!

from Jensen Beach, FL

Comments about Purex Complete with Zout Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Purex is an awesome product. Honestly, the only thing stopping me from rating this a perfect '10' is the fact that the stores at which I shop often do not carry their rain-scented detergent, which is hands-down my favourite scent. This gets rid of all but the worst stains (and yes, I will occasionally employ one-load packs of Tide to get rid of those, and the culprit is usually grease) but the addition of the Zout really takes Purex's stain-fighting power up a level. Purex is cheap, - much, much, much, MUCH cheaper than Tide - reliable and it smells great - even the 'normal' scents smell nice after a wash.

If it got rid of grease the way Tide does, it would earn a perfect score easily. That said, it has everything else I want in a detergent - fine scents, an EXCELLENT price, a goodly number of varieties, AND it's sold basically everywhere, just like Tide is.

Again, if the rain - or maybe it's spring rain - scent was available where I shop (it used to be, but for some reason, Huntsville stores don't carry it anymore), I would mark this with a perfect ten out of ten. The scents are wonderful. I do wish they lasted longer, like Gain does (MAN is THAT stuff too expensive or WHAT?) but overall, Purex is nearly a perfect detergent.

Good Light Duty Detergent

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Purex Complete with Zout Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I'm not a huge fan of Purex normally but I have used it in the past and when I wanted a lower cost alternative to my regular detergent to wash piles of clothes that were destined for Goodwill I picked up a couple bottles of Purex Complete with Zout.

None of the clothes were soiled or anything but they had been in storage for a while and were wrinkled and stale smelling so I washed them with this formula and had quite good results. Everything came out smelling fresh and clean and everything looked clean as well.

This was certainly an effective and economical option to wash clothes that were already quite clean. I found it to be rather thin and it really cannot power through tough stains as well as my regular detergent. After I finished my other clothes I washed a load of beach towels and I noticed that it did not get all the sunscreen residue out of the towels. The rest of the towel was okay but there were still definite spots where sunscreen had spilled that were not removed. After rewashing with my regular detergent the spots were gone.

So, this is a good, economical choice for light duty cleaning but is not ideas for stains.

Average

from Empire, AL

Comments about Purex Complete with Zout Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This detergent is very cheap compared to all the other detergents on the market. Unfortunately it cleans like a cheaper detergent. I was making my own homemade detergent but decided to try the Purex to get tough stains out. It didn’t work. It will not get grease out of clothes at all. I found myself using more than the recommended amount to try to help the clothes get cleaner. The clothes were clean but it did not prevent them from getting dingy and it did not get out the tougher stains. Save yourself the time and trouble and go for a better detergent if you have a lot of whites and clothes with tough stains on them. This detergent is average and that is about all. The scent is very mild and your clothes will not come out of the dryer smelling like the detergent. If you prefer laundry to come out smelling fresh, this may not be the detergent for you.

It will clean clothes but won't work on tougher stains.

It is very mild.