Other Shampoos:
Pureology
Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo

Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo

I love Pureology PureVolume

The review is for Pureology PureVolume shampoo. I love this product. My hair has use to be so thick that in my younger years, my mom actually had my hair thinned  in the summertime (not thinking about later in life). Now at 25, my hair has gotten thinner. When I went to my hair dresser recently to get a new cut, she used the Pureology PureVolume shampoo and conditioner. Oh my god, the difference was HUGE! My hair had so much volume it looked like she added a ton of hair extensions ( which I have never done before). There was so much volume and body it was unbelievable. I went to work a  few hours later and the other nurses just loved it. The first nurse that actually saw me dropped her jaw, she loved it so much. Well, the next day I got up, took shower and washed and conditioned my hair and I saw a huge different in the body and volume afterward. Now this shampoo is on the expensive side of the chart, but you only have to use about the size of a quarter and that is all you need. If you use too much, you will have extremely pouffy hair. My hair dresser told me that she used this same product not too long ago and she used about a palm full and after she had dried it, it was so pouffy that she had to jump back in the shower and re-wash her hair with a different shampoo just to get rid of the poof. I highly recommend this product, along the Pureology PureVolume conditioner and the Root-Lift spray.

Didn't work for My hair

I was so excited to receive the samples of Pureology Fullfyl shampoo and conditioner. Having used pureology in the past I was curious to see how This would work for my hair. I have wavy hair and it's very dry and processed. There is definitely plenty of shampoo and conditioner in the sample packages for at least 1 try maybe two depending on how long your hair is. I noticed immediately that the scent is totally different then the pureology I've used before, not a bad scent, just not that signture pureology smell. It lathered up wonderfully but it made my hair feel incredibly stripped and dry like straw. I honestly ended up using my usual shampoo immediately afterwards. The conditioner was a bit better, but I'm more used to a thicker conditioner so this wasn't enough to work for my hair. I love pureology but I wouldn't buy This product again

Didn't work for My hair

from Arkansas

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Volume
  • Great Smell
  • Lathers Well

Cons

• Dries Hair Out
  • Harsh

• Thinner Hair

• Hair Type:
  • Wavy Hair

I definitely would buy this

from Virginia

About Me Product Junkie

Pros

• Adds Shine
  • Adds Volume
  • Cleans Thoroughly
  • Great Smell
  • Improves Hair Health

• Daily Use

Comments about Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo:

I was chosen to test this shampoo and conditioner and i fell in love with it! I will definitely be using this for a while now! It smells good, lathers great! Most importantly it leaves your hair feeling so clean with alot of volume!!

• Hair Type:
    • Straight Hair

My thin fine processed hair loves it

Comments about Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo:

This is one of the best shampoos I have used. I actually used it so much my hairdresser told me I needed to switch. Apparently, your hair can get used to a particular shampoo. Anyway, I color my hair, bleach it, and highlight it depending on my mood. My hair takes a lot of abuse. This shampoo is so rich, silky and it just quenches my hair. I love the smell too. My hair smells so good after I shampoo and it leaves my hair so soft. It doesn't leave my hair greasy but it does soothe and keep the ends moist. I pair it with the conditioner too. I also use a lot of hairspray and this shampoo has no problem cleaning my hair and not stripping the color. I feel like I can go longer between color treatments because my hair is retaining the color. I use red coloring and it fades fast especially with the wrong shampoo. I have had no problems with this shampoo fading my color. My hairdresser also comments on how good my hair looks when I bleach it too. This is just a great shampoo. My hair loves it.

Pricey but not without delivering on volume

from Indiana

Comments about Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo:

Over all I loved this shampoo. It really delivered on volume which is something I struggle with. Also worth noting, although pricey a little bit of this shampoo really does go a long way. I have not continued using this shampoo, however, for a few reasons. First, it promises to defend and lengthen the color on your color treated hair. I found that my color faded just as fast (or even faster) while using this shampoo. Second, the volume my hair needs is because it's very thin, which means it loses moisture very easily and needs a heafty dose of hydration. It seems the wait this shampoo produced such lovely volume in my hair was because it delivered pretty much no hydration. At first as I used this shampoo I was pretty happy but over time noticed my hair was getting more and more dry. Perhaps it would have been worth trying out a deep conditioning treatment from time to time, but with the high price of the product I just didn't think it was worth it.

Very good at volume at the sake of moisture.

The herbal spicy scent of this shampoo is fantastic. I love the way it makes my hair smell and lasts throughout the day. I enjoy that it's a more natural smelling product and not something overly parfumey and floral. It's a modern earthy scent.

Surprisingly, it works!

Comments about Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo:

This shampoo is really something else! When it promises volume, it really does give volume! I noticed a difference in my hair right after it dried (I dry my hair through a blowdryer if it makes a difference). I have naturally flat, straight hair and it is really saddening to accept the fact that I can't have luscious, beautiful hair like many other girls. I am also a lazy gal, so doing my hair daily with hairspray is too messy and annoying to me.

Obviously, people can't expect TOO much from a shampoo product. Afterall, there is no heat added. But it does give your hair a little texture. I'll admit, when I first used the shampoo, it felt really odd; it was ROUGH! I was thinking "Oh gosh, what did I do to my hair!" But I continued on with my routine: shampoo, condition, blow dry. And what do you know, it was fine! I don't condition my whole hair, only the bottom because I have oily roots. The roots were not as rough as I expected. But I guess the volume comes from the rough texture that the shampoo gives. It's hard to imagine a shampoo satisfying my desire for both silky hair and volume.

Bottom line, try this shampoo if you want volume! But be warned that your silky hair, will turn rough (at least until you switch shampoo)

It does give volume.. with the price of losing your silky hair texture

THE SCENT IS HORRIBLE, sorry to say! Even though it's a good product, the smell was not appealing at all! Not fruity or fragranced nicely. It's not bad enough to puke over, but it does linger in your hair for a while

Not so good

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo:

I have purchased and used the Pureology PureVolume Shampoo and I was not too impressed with it. I have to say that it left my hair feeling dry and brittle. It did get my hair clean which is what a shampoo is supposed to do but instead of giving my hair volume it made it brittle and straw like feeling. I had to conditioner twice to get the moisture back in my hair that it took out. I really thought I would love the Pureology PureVolume Shampoo but I was wrong. One good thing about this Pureology Shampoo is the scent. It does have a very nice and uplifting scent. I think I will try one of their moisturizing products and see if it works because I really do like the scent. One thing is that this Pureology PureVolume Shampoo is pretty expensive so you kind of expect good things when you pay this much for a shampoo but I was disappointed. Now this may work for people with really oily hair or whatever but it did not work too well for me. I would not really suggest wasting money on this product.

Hair stripping serum!!

from Morganton, NC

Comments about Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo:

I recieved a sample of Pureology PureVolume Shampoo in the mail from the company. I was very excited to test out this product. I immediately jumped into the shower to try it out. To my utter dismay, after I put the shampoo in my hair , it made my hair feel very stringy and brittle. I was very disappointed in the way it made my hair feel. It was almost as if I had just color treated my hair. I would not recommend buying this product. I did not like it at all and I will not be spending money on this ever.

It did not make my hair have any volume. It was very difficult to brush my hair after using this product. To me, it is not worth the price of wasting my money. I am very glad I didn't because I would be contacting the company to get double my money back if I had.

Despite the outcome of my usage, the smell was very pleasant. I did enjoy the smell, although that was the only thing good about this.

Not much volume

Comments about Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo:

This shampoo is not worth the money. It is so concentrated that it doesn't even lather up in my hair. I was looking for a shampoo to add volume to my hair, but the Pureology shampoo just left residue that actually weighs down my hair, not volumize it. I was so disappointed by this purchase, especially since this product was so pricey.

The smell is absolutely disgusting. Other Pureology products smell really good but this shampoo leave much to be desired. My color-treated hair smelled bad even after I tried washing out all the shampoo immediately. After my hair dried it had so much static and felt really dry and straw-like. I had to treat my hair with a hydrating mask in order to return it to its former texture.

The bottom line: I would not recommend this shampoo to anyone. This doesn't do what it claims to, and ruins your hair by making it dull, dry, and brittle. It's a waste of money.

Not as unaffordable as you'd think.

from Wisconsin

Comments about Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo:

Love, love, love this shampoo. Yes, it's expensive, but you don't need to use as much of this shampoo as you would a cheap one. I find I don't wash my hair as many times during the week when I use this either. Face it, what can make or break your day when you want to look good? Your hair! People will stock their bathrooms up with cheap, ineffective shampoos thinking they're saving a buck, but the only thing they're really doing is taking up cabinet or shower space. Buy one bottle of good shampoo and don't buy another until you're almost out. Pureology doesn't weigh my fine hair down (very important) and enhances the body in my hair. When you have fine, thin hair like mine, you need body to make up for it, and this shampoo helps deliver that. Plus it leaves my hair feeling silky and just really, really healthy. In fact, once you try a shampoo as nice as Pureology, you might realize just how unhealthy your hair was before you tried this. The difference in the outcome is the proof in the pudding.

I'm not sure how to rate scents in shampoos as I would prefer there were no scents used at all. I think it would be healthier. I wish Pureology didn't use artificial dyes either.

Great shampoo but too pricey

from Idaho

Comments about Pureology Pure Volume Shampoo:

My hairstylist recommended Pureology PureVolume Shampoo for me. I have natural thin hair. I am blonde and have a shoulder length hair. It feels like my hair are always flat at least I put tons of hair styling products. So, my hair salon carry Pureology PureVolume Shampoo. It is not very cheap, but thought that I may give it a try. WoW, it worked like a a charm. After just one shampoo, my hair felt so soft and with lots of volume. It actually felt like I had more hair after shampooing. Amazing feeling. Also, my hair felt clean, no sticky residue. I did not used conditioner afterwards. Still, it was easy to comb and style my hair. I really like how Pureology make your hair have volume. It saves you the trouble of styling. I would definitely recommend Pureology PureVolume Shampoo.

Super effective. You can see results after just one shampoo

Scent is very pleasant, yet not overpowering.