Other Vacuums:
Bagged Upright Vacuums
UV Sweeper
PurATron Vacuum

PurATron Vacuum

Light weigh but powerful-perhaps to light!

from Mount Laurel, NJ

Comments about PurATron Vacuum:

When looking for a sweeper with a UV-C light to kill bacteria and germs that might be in my home I didn't have a large selection. For the price I found the PurAtron UV Sweeper it was compared to the Oreck and appears to have better features. I didn't know what I was getting because it was an online purchase. I figured I could always return it if I didn't like it. I can't believe the power it has. It's light weight might fool you but it is self propelled and has two speeds and very impressive suction. Only drawback I see is you need to use bags but they are quite thick so if anything gets out it can't be to bad. Wasn't impressed with lack of attachments. The one attachment is mini but with my main purpose being cleaning the carpets, I can live with that. So far we are happy with its performance. Lets see how it holds up a couple months down the road.

It is light enough to handle easily.

Ease of Maintenance
Although this is a powerful vac it is so light weight I don't think it can handle being used daily for pet hair pick-ups. I have had to replace the UV light already and the belt broke once too. I just don't think it is heavy duty enough for this job.

Suction Performance
Can't beat it for suction power.

We have already sent this back for warranty service twice. The head keeps falling off the handle and you can't put it back together the clips that hole it together are plastic and they break off. Returned perhaps three times so far. Waiting for them to send back. Thank goodness for the warranty.

I think a little more thought should have gone into the design. Parts fall off easily so we just leave them off instead of having to pick them up all the time.

Needs to be redesigned. Just falls apart after several months of use. This is with two adults using it.

• Maneuverability: