3.3

Pros

Cons

Prudential is the Only Life Insurance for Me

Comments about Prudential:

I have had Prudential Life Insurance forever. My husband has a policy and when my son was born, Prudential was the only company I called for coverage. They have policies available for people of all ages. The earlier the age you start it, the better the price options that are available. They offer many different billing options from quarterly to yearly and the cost is the same. There are no added fees if you don't want to pay for the whole year up front. They have various types of life insurance to meet everyone's needs and cost options.

Customer Service
Prudential customer service agents are always friendly and helpful. They are always able to answer my questions and point me in the right direction if they can not be of help personally.

Available Plans
Prudential has always had the best life insurance plans available. There are all different value policies available and are great for any age.

I have had Prudential Life Insurance for almost 50 years! A+

from Olean, NY

Comments about Prudential:

My parents purchased a small life insurance policy for me right after I was born (50 years ago). After they passed away, I had the policy changed into my name. There was no hassle, and the representatives were pleasant and helpful. I get my yearly dividend statements by the middle of January in a timely manner for inclusion on my taxes. I pay my policy premium online from the Prudential website with just a couple of clicks of my mouse. The website is easy to maneuver through, and you can store your bank information on their secure website.

Customer Service
Representatives have always been very helpful and eager to answer any questions or discuss any issues I may have.

Available Plans
There are many available plans, and I am currently working with a representative to add a new policy for myself as well as my partner. We are considering whole life plans, but have also reviewed there term life policies.

A Piece of the Rock Worth Owning

from Cumberland, MD

Comments about Prudential:

We have several Prudential policies. The first life insurance policies were purchased because Prudential was the "policy of choice" for our parents. Over time, this proved to be a great choice. I highly recommend the amenities associated with Prudential's whole life policies. Each year depending upon the performance of the company in general we receive additional paid up insurance over and above the face value of each policy, which is a great benefit and in lean years we have used this additional policy income to offset the standard premium to good effect without having to "borrow" against the policy; though that is always an option. When Prudential insurance went public every policy holder was gifted with shares in the companay which produces dividend income paid annually, just in time for Christmas. Prudential Financial also offers a wide variety of retirement annuity plans. Adding these to our portfolio (paid with after tax dollars) is proving to be an additional inflation hedge towards retirement.

Prudential representatives are very willing and able to address any and all questions we have had over the years regarding our own policies; and those parental policies when they have reached the point of cashing in for funeral expenses. In each instance, we were pleasantly surprised that the end value far outweighed the face values of the policies. Prudential's representatives make cashing out policies fairly straightforward and as painless as possible. I highly recommend the benefits of permanent whole life policies over term policies any day.

• Available Plans:

They took our money for 10 years and then dropped us.

from New Port Richey, FL

Comments about Prudential:

The Prudential is really big in England, and all our family had life or an endowment insurance with them. Upon moving to America we chose them for our car insurance.

After 5 years we were given a 'free accident', which made us feel that they cared. Len was involved in a really bad accident, when stationery in the medium of the road. He was unconscious and airlifted to hospital. He was cited as having caused it, because he didn't remember anything, and there were 2 people in the 350 truck.

Prudential dropped us just like that. They wouldn't even insure me as we had a joint policy. We had to go to an 'at risk' one, which was extremely high.

I will always hold it against them, and will never recommend them to anyone.

Customer Service
The tell you one thing, and you have it in writing, and then refuse to honor it.

Available Plans
They wouldn't show us any after the accident.

• Available Plans:

I bought Life Insurance from them Last year, Super Service !

from Waxhaw, NC

Comments about Prudential:

I bought Prudential Life  Insurance last year and am very happy with it.  The service was quick and easy and we did most of it via email.   Their pricing was better than or similar to other companies but the agent was their for the entire process.

Not well organized

from Huntington Beach, CA

Comments about Prudential:

Prudential Insurance does not have their act together.  I have several policies with them and now I find information on the State Controllers site that I have money sitting there from Prudential because they don't know where I am.  Left and right hand working together people!

Prudential has never failed to disappointment me.

from Twin Falls, ID

Comments about Prudential:

Every dealing I have  had with Prudential Financial has been painful and disappointing.  They promise customer service but they don't follow through and they defrauded me of my husband's double indemnity portion of his life insurance when he was killed in a swimming accident.  It's no wonder the Insurance Commissioner made them settle with policyholders of whole life policies in the late 80's.