Other Misc. Prescription Medicines:
Provera 10mg
Provera 10mg medroxyprogesterone 10mg

Provera 10mg medroxyprogesterone 10mg

Provera helps stop the bleeding.

from Newberry Springs, CA

Comments about Provera 10mg medroxyprogesterone 10mg:

Provera is a very good medication in the fact that it helps to control monthly bleeding.  I have had a severe bleeding problem for eight months now and my OB/GYN has me on Provera to help control the bleeding.

I am due to have a hysterectomy because we have found that I have fibroids in my Uterus and that is what is causing all of the bleeding.  I have never had regular periods.  If I bleed two weeks on and two off that was a good month.  Most birth control pills only made it worse.

However, since starting with Provera it has helped me to stop bleeding 24/7 and at least go back to my irregular regular periods.

I would recommend this to anyone with vaginal bleeding problems

In life we are always researching something

from Victorville, CA

Comments about Provera 10mg medroxyprogesterone 10mg:

Provera 2.5mg, 5mg and 10mg tablets contain the active ingredient medroxyprogesterone acetate, which is a synthetic form of the naturally occurring female sex hormone, progesterone. It is used to treat various disorders of the menstrual cycle.With taking this medicine it helps have a period each month.

Normally the level of progesterone in your blood increases about a week before your period. If medroxyprogesterone is taken for 5 to 10 days each month at this time (ie day 16 to 21 of your cycle) it mimics the natural rise in your progesterone levels. This can help your other hormones to behave in a more normal way. To treat irregular periods this medicine is taken in this way for two menstrual cycles. To treat periods that have stopped it is taken for three menstrual cycles. At the end of the treatment regular periods should return.

This medicine should not be used during pregnancy. It does not provide contraception against pregnancy, because it doesn't stop you releasing an egg (ovulation). You should use a method of contraception to avoid getting pregnant while you are taking this medicine. Ask your doctor for advice.