4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Delightful Surprise!

I have had my Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender for several years now. When I first received it as a Christmas gift, I had to hide my look of confusion from my expectant sister. She was excited to give it to me, but I had no idea what it was, or when I would use it. I certainly never guessed that it would be the perfect thing needed to make sugar- free pumpkin pie, or home- made whipped cream.

Blending Power
I think this has the perfect amount of power for specific things, like whipping eggs. I have a really powerful mixer for things that require heavy duty power, but that is often too bulky and ultimately messy to use on things like whipping cream, or eggs.

Versatility
This is one of my favorite things about the Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender. There are many times when I need just a little power, but I really don't want to take all of the time necessary to get out my big mixer. Sometimes I need more power than my arm can muster, and this is so quick and easy to whip out and use. I can even whip butter with this, and it's made such a difference in how my recipes turn out. Things that I never would have thought of using a mixer for, can be so easily whipped, and it is such a time saver.

The quick and easy cleaning of this hand blender is one of the things that makes it so simple to use so frequently. All I do is rinse it off without getting the top wet, and I wipe it with a soapy dishrag, rinse it a little bit, dry it with a paper towel, and it's done.

It's so easy to use, that I use it a lot. I just pull it out, plug it in, and mix. It's very efficient.

It's slim design it what enables it to be so easy to use. It's so lightweight, and versatile, and that causes me to use it a whole lot more that I have ever used a mixer before.

I have had mine for several years and it still works as powerfully and efficiently as the first time I used it.

The Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender is nothing special!

I always wanted to have an immersion blender after watching all the chefs on TV puree their soups and other foods right in the pan they're cooking in. It looked so fancy, but I had no idea what I would really use it for, so I didn't want to spend the money on a nice one in case it sat in the cupboard for its lifespan.

I've used my **Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender 59735** for several things, including: creaming butter and sugar together, mixing banana bread dough (not recommended), mixing cake batter and other simple tasks. It's really easy to use, simply immerse the blender in whatever you want to blend, mix or puree and hold down the button on the handle. When you release the button, the blender stops working, so it can be a pain to hold down the button for long periods of time and still have a comfortable grip on the blender.

This immersion blender works great for liquids or other mildly thin items (like cake or brownie batter), but it doesn't quite have the gusto to cream butter and sugar together. To be honest, I was just testing it out, I didn't really expect it to cream butter and sugar together anyways. I haven't tried it, but I would be blown away if this thing could make a smoothie or shake from ice cubes...I just don't think it would have the power, so I haven't even dirtied a cup to try it out.

My biggest qualm about this immersion blender is how you clean it. Since the cord is permanently attached, it cannot be submerged under water or placed in the dishwasher. That means you can only clean it by running water over it and trying to awkwardly clean inside the grooves of the blade and the blender.

While the **Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender 59735** is able to do small jobs, I wouldn't recommend it for the avid cook or baker. This is best used sparingly for beginners or someone that doesn't really need the use of a full-size blender.

Blending Power
Great for liquids, soups, etc. but nothing too dense or thick.

Sometimes I don't use this just because I don't want to clean it afterwards!

Good blender, but durability issues

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender:

I purchased the Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender specifically for blending pancake mix with protein, and husk powder. My first attempt of mixing with this blender didn't go too well. When I tried mixing all the ingredients together in water it stopped rotating in the batter after 5 seconds. I decided to cut the husk powder down to 2 teaspoons on my next attempt and I had better success. The blender did a nice job of mixing everything together and produced nice thick pancakes. I used this blender once a day for well over a year before the electrical cord started to give me problems. I never rolled the cord up or put it in any compressing angles, but it still started to turn off and on with the slightest of movement. The blender never officially stopped working, but I grew tired of the cords sensitivity and purchased another blender. I would love to recommend the Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender, but I have serious concerns about its durability.

• Versatility:

I loved this immersion blender till it blew up! :*(

Comments about Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender:

I bought this immersion blender to use primarily to make smoothies and shakes for a new diet I was starting. For that use this blender worked great! Unfortunately I tried to use it to blend chunky broccoli cauliflower soup into a smooth soup for my husband and while using it the motor burned up. I'm not sure if I should have not used it for this (but I see them on the Cooking Channel using them) or if the motor was just not a good one. I tend to think it was just the fact that I was using it a lot and it is evidently not a quality model (you get what you pay for...).

Blending Power
For smoothies and shakes I had no problem with the power of the blending. But when mine blew up when using it to blend soup, I have to wonder if it was just too much for the motor.

Versatility
This type of blender is limited in the variety of use it can handle. If you want something to grab and blend liquids quickly this is great. But for any other jobs like chopping it won't do you any good.

Another pet peeve I have is cleanliness. When something that is immersed in food and also churning and blending, I can't help but wish I could tear it down to clean all the parts and pieces that are put together.

Any blender that just needs plugged in and then immersed in what is being blended is definitely easy to use! No assembly necessary to use this blender!

Because the shield extends down forming a cup shape over and around the blades it is difficult sometimes to get everything blended in the container.

Seeing as how mine blew up in less than a year....durable? not!

Delightful Surprise!

Fantastic!

Comments about Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender:

We got this immersion blender pretty cheap, so I had a slight doubt that it'd be very good. I was terribly wrong to doubt it! Proctor Silex has never let me down, and this time wasn't any different. It's pretty lightweight, and small enough for even my small hands to handle! It makes blending by hand a breeze, and I would recommend it for any kitchen.

• Versatility:

A must have for your kitchen!!

Comments about Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender:

I have used this a few times now and it is great for making soups, sauces and purees. I would highly recommend this product if you enjoy making homemade sauces or soups. Smoothies are a breeze on a hot summer day.

Blending Power
Good blending power. Not much it can't blend together

Very easy to clean. Just remove the blender from the handle and rinse with hot soapy water and it's done.

This product is so easy to use. Only one hand needed!

I like the design of this. It's light weight and easy to hold on to while using it.

Heavy duty. Good tool to use for a long time.

Does the little jobs!

from Kittery Point, ME

Comments about Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender:

I purchased this handy little immersion blender nearly 5 years ago. It was and continues to be a great buy! This tool came in handy when it came to little jobs- soups, a small amount of mashed potatoes- but when my twin boys were born it showed just how valuable it was. I have made all sorts of pureed baby food- carrots, sweet potatoes, broccoli, green beans, you name it. As long as you steam your veggies in a little bit of water, this little tool does the rest. It's great for making small amounts of a veggie to puree- such as wanting baby(ies) to have some of the same dinner foods the rest of the family is enjoying. The size is also a great thing- unlike lugging out a big blender and having to clean the entire thing for some small amount of food, this rinses with hot water and a little bit of dish soap, and you can just put it away. Simple. If you are looking for an inexpensive tool to help in the kitchen, this is a great addition. Any time you need it, it's ready. Based on the fact it's still on the market since I purchased it, that should tell you how good it has been working (and selling).

Blending Power
Good for wetter items, has a little difficulty with drier cooked foods like meats

Versatility
Has many uses. Soups, sauces, baby food to name a few

Easy to clean

One button, dummy proof.

Great for soap making

from College Station, TX

Comments about Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender:

I've recently pruchased this and have not used it many times. It was purchased mainly for making my home made soaps. So far, I'm happy. I wish the shaft was a bit more slender but other than that I think its a great product

I clean right after using

Shaft could be more slender

So far

Good for individuals

from Portland, OR

Comments about Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender:

I got this as a Christmas present in my stocking this year. This is good for small things things to mix or blend. So far I have ended up using it mostly for mashed potatoes as I blew out the electric mixer out so this was a great back up to have and I got it just in time. Since i received it I also make blizzards/ice cream treats for my family. I do have some complaints: the cord is way to short I don't have a big counter top and reaching the outlet is a nightmare. And cleaning up this product is very difficult you can not put it in the dishwasher because of the cord and hand washing is extra tedious. cleaning off the blade is hard because it works it's way under the blades and that gap in between isn't very big. But i guess I'm using this more as a heavy duty blender rather that mixing drinks.

• Versatility:

This is a very good gadget!

from Petersburg, VA

Comments about Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender:

I bought this blender to make raspberry sorbet. I needed it to make a recipe that came with my cuisinart frozen yogurt/sorbet maker. I was skeptical, but it worked amazingly well. And it was fast! It blended everything evenly. I was impressed.

Blending Power
It was a little harder when we tried to make a milkshake with this, but it did work.

Versatility
I only used mine for blending fruit & mixing milkshakes, but I can imagine there are many other uses. I just haven't had mine very long.

You basically just wash it off. It's simple.

A child could use this with supervision...since it has a blade on the bottom.

It couldn't be easier to use.

I can see this lasting for a long time if it's taken care of.

• Versatility:

My immersion blender is ok.

Comments about Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender:

My Proctor Silex Immersion Hand Blender is neither great, nor awful. It is just okay. I can't say that it is awful, but I also can't say it is the best. My husband likes to use our immersion blender, but I prefer to get out my old handy dandy blender. The one good thing the immersion blender is good for is mixing drinks.