3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

• Toasting Evenness:

Want toast, got toast! Nothing fancy!

This toaster is very inexpensive and does what it is suppose to do with toast, the simple whit bread toast. Not too great at toasting bagels or heavier bread. I heard that there is already a newer version of this model. This version is great for a nicely evenly toasted piece of bread. You set your darkness and it comes out as wanted. I tried a few different settings and found "my" darkness and left it at this setting. I have had this toaster for almost two years now and have not had any problems, the setting is still the same, the toast still comes out the same.
It looks cheap, nothing fancy. A small white plastic toaster that does not make your kitchen look like a gourmet kitchen. I had an expensive Delonghi toaster before this one, which looked very expensive and fancy; it was large, had a matte metal finish and did not toast any better than this Proctor Silex.
This Proctor Silex 22605 toaster is easy to clean. It has a tray on the bottom that collects crumbs that you can slide out and empty. I also always turn it upside down, about once a month over the sink to get out additional crumbs. The outer surface is easily cleaned with a damp cloth. ( For safety reasons, I unplug it first.)
A negative thing I have to say is that the cord is very short and the outer surface gets pretty hot if I toast several toasts.

Toasting Evenness
A regular square white piece of "Wonderbread" toasts pretty evenly. Get a different size, thickness, texture, it is not the best in toasting evenly. A bagel would toast the outside a bit but the inside seems undone. It a slice a bread is a bit larger, it will not toast the outer edges, it might even stick out at the top a little bit.

Safety
Follow safety instructions, don't leave unattended; do not use near flammable materials or cover it with cloth or paper material; do not use near water-usage to avoid electric shock etc. I unplug it, just as any other small appliances, when not in use for safety reasons, but had no problems when I forgot that before and had it plugged up for several weeks. I unplug it for cleaning. If you toast several toasts, the outer surface gets pretty hot to the touch.

The Proctor Silex 22605 has a tray on the bottom that collects bread crumbs and can be easily cleaned by sliding it out and emptying it. It can be cleaned with warm soapy water and placed back in after being dried. The toaster is cleaned easily with a damp cloth on the outer surface. I always unplug it for safety reasons before cleaning.

Used almost daily for almost two years. It performs the same, pretty durable!

Cheap looking, narrow design, small white plastic toaster. It is not a gourmet kitchen look!

Meh-It's A Cheap Starter Toaster

I bought this toaster for less than ten bucks when I was first moving out on my own, and still in college. I wanted toast, for a cheap breakfast, and I didn't want to spend money on a toaster. It works, but I am buying a new one when I land a post college job.

Toasting Evenness
I usually flip my toast halfway through the toasting process to make sure that it toasts evenly. In my toaster, the top portion of the toast seems to toast faster than the bottom, which can lead to half burnt toast if not watched carefully.

Safety
I don't see an safety issues unique to this toaster. Don't take it in the bath with you, or stick a fork into it, or some other stupid move and you should be fine. I've had mine for a while now and the cord still holds up; no wire shorts.

I've never met with a toaster that was particularly easy to clean. It's more a matter of turning it upside down, and shaking the living daylights out of it over the sink or garbage can to get all the toasted crumbs out of the slots. The outside surface is easy enough to wipe down with a wet cloth. It isn't overly glossy so as to show off every buttery smudged finger print, which I do like.

Mine has held up well for a long time now. I don't have kids that a rough on the lever, or toss it around. I take care of it with periodic cleaning, but nothing special. The cord is still good, no wiring shorts. The plug hasn't bent. It is holding up just fine for me.

It doesn't have lots of bells and whistles. It is just a simple, basic toaster. I wish that it toasted a bit more evenly. I don't understand why there is the range of toasting from bare bread to charcoal though. I only need to turn the knob about a third of the way and it toasts the proper amount. Anything past the halfway mark, even for bagels, is asking to have the smoke alarm go off.

Proctor Silex Cool-Wall Toaster Does its Job.

from Valparaiso, IN

Comments about Proctor Silex Cool-Wall 2-Slice Toaster:

This Proctor Silex Cool-Wall 2-Slice Toaster is a relatively inexpensive toaster. It is not the best in the world and occasionally I have to toast my english muffins a second time, but it does the job. I have had this toaster for quite some time and moved with it and it has held up. The toaster does make cleaning out the crumbs easy, and I love the cool-wall design. I have very little counter space, so the toaster is close to other appliances and serving spoons, which are plastic. Because the cool-wall, it makes me more comfortable having some of the things on my counter closer together. Also, I have noticed that the toaster openings are big enough for me to toast bagels without them getting stuck, but not too wide as to cause me to have to get a knife out to find that little english muffin or piece of toast that went in sideways. Overall great toaster if you are looking for something that is reasonably priced.

• Toasting Evenness:

Wouldn't recommend this toaster!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Proctor Silex Cool-Wall 2-Slice Toaster:

I bought this toaster about two months ago, and it only lasted for about a day. The first day I got it, it worked absolutely fine. The next morning, I tried to toast a bagel, and it burned completely after only about forty five seconds of being inside the toaster. I thought that maybe I did something wrong, so I tried to toast another bagel. Then, the same thing happened. After that, some sparks started coming out, so I unplugged the toaster. I ended up having to return it to the store I got it from. I really would not suggest for anyone to buy this toaster. Not worth the hassle.

Toasting Evenness
Burnt everything I put in it on the second day I had it.

Safety
This toaster is obviously very unsafe considering there were sparks coming out of it.

Never had to clean it, so I would not know.

This toaster is not durable at all. It only lasted two days, and then I had to go bring it back to the store I purchased it from.

The design is alright. Nothing special.

Not the Best Since Sliced Bread

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Proctor Silex Cool-Wall 2-Slice Toaster:

The Proctor Silex Cool-Wall 2-Slice Toaster is pretty average as far as a toaster is concerned. It does the job with no fancy bells or whistles. For the price, it's really not bad. And as advertised by the name, it really is cool to the touch. Having small children, this is a feature that I appreciate. I remember growing up with a stainless steel toaster that always burned my hand.
The only complaints that I really have for this toaster are that it is impossible to clean on the inside. Inevitably, crumbs fall down in between the slots that hold the bread. I have turned the toaster upside down and tapped on it but can only get a few crumbs out. The remaining crumbs continue to char each time I use my toaster.
The other issue is uneven heating between the sides. One side of toast is always darker and crispier than the other.

Can't get the crumbs out

Not sure if its the heating element or old age, but mine hardly works after several years. I don't really know the average lifespan of a toaster, however.

• Toasting Evenness:

A simple, easy to use toaster.

Comments about Proctor Silex Cool-Wall 2-Slice Toaster:

I needed a new toaster and didn't want to have to get anything to fancy or expensive. I mean it is just a toaster. This fit the bill just right. We make toast, bagels, English muffins, and more, with no issues of fit, or release. The Proctor Silex toasted evenly, and stayed cool to the touch even after toasting several slices in a row. My eight-year-old daughter can use it to toast her bagel before school, and my young son's favorite morning snack, toast with jam, is smooth. Without a doubt the Proctor-Silex Cool Wall 2-Slice Toaster makes a little boy and girl very happy day in and day out.

Toasting Evenness
No uneven burn marks or under toasted bits at all.

Safety
Stayed cool even after several uses in a row.

Easy trap door mechanism on the bottom of the unit, makes getting out all those pesky crumbs simple.

I have had this toaster for six months now and have absolutely no complaints.

White color fits in nicely with my lite hued kitchen.

• Toasting Evenness:

You are getting what you paid for.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Proctor Silex Cool-Wall 2-Slice Toaster:

This is a cheap toaster, it has absolutely nothing at all special about it and it will not go above an beyond to do special things for you, so don't expect much out of it. I bought this at Christmas time when it was on sale for Black Friday for a super cheap price and I couldn't pass it up because you never know when you might need a new toaster. Needless to say, a few weeks later our old toaster stopped working completely so I pulled this out. My son is a huge toast eater and eats it every single day, so he was the first to use it. The settings on this are very sensitive, you can just move it a tiny bit one way and your toast is burnt, or a tiny bit the other way you turn it a bit and the toast is not even toasted at all. It does not toast very evenly, but it does do the job, you just need to make sure to watch it. I don't like that the outside of this toaster get hot, it is a lot hotter than I would like for it to get so I would for sure keep it away from smaller children. It does the job in a pinch, but I would not say that it is the toaster for everyone.

Great for your budget

Comments about Proctor Silex Cool-Wall 2-Slice Toaster:

This is one of those toaster where you don't spend too much money on it, but you get the best results when using it. I have used this toaster for many years and it worked like a charm each and every time I used it. I have no complaints about it. It is probably the best toaster I have ever owned and I have owned a variety of different toasters over the years.

Toasting Evenness
Always toasts my bread to perfection each and every time, no matter what type of breads I am using.

Safety
I like the cool wall feature of this unit, as I tend to bump into things. This feature helps to avoid the burns you would get from other units without the feature.

Very easy to clean this unit, as it has the slide out bottom making it easy to get at the crumbs that fall to the bottom when toasting breads. I love the simplicity of this toaster.

Very durable, as I used this unit for years and years until I gave it away to my son who was off to college.

Simple design and fits with any kitchen decor.

• Toasting Evenness:

Want toast, got toast! Nothing fancy!

Safety

Used almost daily for almost two years. It performs the same, pretty durable!

Proctor Silex toaster

from Stafford, Virginia

Comments about Proctor Silex Cool-Wall 2-Slice Toaster:

This is a good basic toaster for your toaster needs. It's inexpensive and provides everything you need to toast bread or other foods. It's small so it will not take up much space in your kitchen but it is big enough to toast bread or toaster pastries. It heats up perfectly for your toast so it is evenly toasted. It's fairly easy to keep clean, and easy to use.

Toasting Evenness
It toasts perfectly on each side. Every time I have toasted bread or other food, it is evenly toasted. It makes your bread warm and toasty. Each slice of bread or other food is toasted on every part and side of the bread or food.

Safety
It's very safe, and easy to use. I've never had a problem with the safety issues of this toaster.

It's very easy to clean. The only issue I've ever had is a piece of toaster pastry got stuck in it and that was a bit difficult to get out. Other than that it is is very easy to clean.

It's very durable.

I love the design. It's sleek, thin, and easy to use. It doesn't take much space so you have more room in your kitchen.

• Toasting Evenness:

Its okay for the price I guess...

Comments about Proctor Silex Cool-Wall 2-Slice Toaster:

It was a very cheap toaster to begin with that I then got on sale so I didn't expect much from it, but I kind of expected it to work normally at least. it seems to cook to a different darkness on the same setting every single time (and I don't switch my bread brands) so I find that to be odd, and its not easy to keep clean, and no stop button that I could find you just have to unplug it which seems it could be a bit dangerous not sure... I wouldn't recommend purchasing one.

• Toasting Evenness:

OK for a low price toaster

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Proctor Silex Cool-Wall 2-Slice Toaster:

This toaster is good if you just want a very basic toaster for a low price. Good for someone that is just moving out on their own and doesn't have much money to spend on small appliances. it worked pretty good as far as toasting the bread,just didn't have the extras like the buttons for cancel,bagel, or frozen. I didn't have any problems with the one that I had and we did have it for quite a long time before we decided to get one that had a few more features.

Toasting Evenness
It did toast the bread fairly good and it never burned the toast so that is a very good thing. You can also use it for the toaster waffles and they turned out fine.

Safety
I didn't have any problems with it as far as safety issues.

It was pretty to clean and you could just shake out the crumbs and wipe off the outside to try to keep it as clean as possible.

I would say that this item is pretty durable and can last quite a while under normal use.

The design was ok for a simple,basic model of a toaster.