Other Waffle Makers:
Proctor Silex
Proctor Silex Belgian Waffle Baker, Family Size,

Proctor Silex Belgian Waffle Baker, Family Size,

great for waffle mass production

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Proctor Silex Belgian Waffle Baker, Family Size,:

I received my Proctor Silex Belgian Waffle Maker (Family Size) as a reward for completing (many, many) surveys online.  I've had it for 5 years or longer and I love it!  The large capacity (4 squares of waffle made at a time) is its best feature, since I like to triple an average waffle recipe and freeze the extras (waffles keep frozen for a long time and are so easy to take out and reheat for a quick and filling breakfast).

I rarely oil the waffle grids - their nonstick coating has served me well for all but one or two recipes of waffle batter (they probably didn't have enough oil in them).  I just plug in the machine, wait for the green light to indicate that it is preheated and ready to go, pour on the batter (usually a cup at a time will mostly fill out the grids without spilling out), close the top, and wait for the green light to come back on.  The light is a trusty guide for waffle doneness - just be aware that the first few waffles take longer than the last few, when the machine is hotter.