Other Coffee Makers:

Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

A great drip brew at an affordable price

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I have owned Proctor Silex drip brews for over 30 years and don't have any regrets. They have all worked flawlessly for many years. In fact the only reason I've given them up was to give to my daughter when she moved out and to upgrade to a set and forget style.

Brew Performance
As soon as I figured out how much coffee to add, it brewed flawlessly from then on.

It's not hard to clean but I do have to wrestle with it a bit when I take it all apart for it's monthly deep clean.

Nothing can be easier to use. I have always loved the ease at which I can set this brewer up.

Simple design. The only thing that would make it nicer, would be for it to have a smaller footprint for small kitchens such as mine.

The durability is unparalleled. I have very few appliances from 10 years ago that still works but my daughter is still using the Proctor Silex I bought 30 years ago and it still makes the perfect cup of coffee.

Great for the Money!

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I really like this product. The coffeemaker has a cool design with not a lot of bulkiness at all. I have the perfect space for it in my small apartment. It is virtually quiet while brewing the coffee and clean-up is a breeze. I like the function where if you don't want to wait for the whole pot, you can still pour a cup of coffee. I have enjoyed my coffeemaker.

• Brew Performance:

Its a decent choice for ease of use on a budget

from Warren, MI

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I had this coffeemaker for quite a while so I know that it is durable and long lasting. It does have a a problem though. The pot that it came with is made to kind of lock into the unit which is great because I don't much have to worry about things getting into it or coffee splashing out but the pot is bulky all the way up to the spout which is small. If you pour like a normal pot you will have a mess on your hands. You have to pour a little more slowly. Other than that I like the way its stores next to my keurig and underneath my cupboards perfectly without taking up much counter space. Everything on the machine locks together tightly preventing bugs or foreign objects from getting in. It heats the water to a perfect temperature for me and is easy to clean.

Brew Performance
I think it heats the water enough to pull the flavor out of the coffee without scalding you when you try to drink it.

everything slides out for easy cleaning

Its very easy to use

I like everything but the pot

So far so good,

Average Coffeemaker

from Temecula, CA

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

My husband and I have had four coffeepots together. This is the simplest, most basic pot of them all. I have only two complaints, the first is that it is just average. The second is the pour spout. Make sure you are not in a hurry and you are paying attention to your pouring. Our relatives had trouble with the spout, we had coffee all over the counters every morning.

That being said, we paid very little for it and it does its job. If you do not need any bells or whistles this is a great coffee maker. It is easy to clean, it hasn't broken in over a year and when it brews it is very quiet (that I really like). It is also rather small and compact, for a 12-cup capacity so it takes up very little counter space.

• Brew Performance:

Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker is a good coffeemaker.

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I wanted a coffeemaker that was compact and didn't take up a lot of counter space. This one fit the bill perfectly. I'm able to keep it tucked away on the back of counter. The carafe pot and filter areas are easy to clean, and the coffee maker doesn't make a lot of noise when brewing. The filter space is a normal size (not one of those smaller cone or odd shapes). The area where you pour water is a large area so you don't spill any of the water. The number of cups is easy to read on the side of the pot.