Other Coffee Makers:

Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker

Pros

Cons

Proctor Silex coffeemaker

Overall this is a great basic coffee maker. It makes the right amount of coffee, keeps your coffee warm and hot, and makes your coffee the right away. It doesn't spill or leak, and is easy to use. It's durable, and sleek in its design.

Brew Performance
I'm very happy with the brew performance. It's quick, easy, and simple. You make coffee just like with any other coffee maker. It's quick in its brewing time so you don't have to wait a very long time for the coffee to drip into the pot. You can drink your coffee soon after brewing it or making it.

It's fairly easy to clean. The top part gets a little messy with the coffee filters. Overall though it is fairly easy to clean. I recommend changing or throwing away the coffee filters soon after using them, so it makes it easier to clean. I also recommend keeping it clean on a regular basis so it stays easy to clean.

It's very easy to use. Just as with most coffee makers, you just put the coffee grinds and water in it just like another other.

I'm very happy with the design. The design makes it easy to use, durable, and easy to clean. I like how the top part comes open on top instead of pulling it out on the side. That is one of my favorite things about this coffeemaker.

You get what you pay for

I am an avid coffee drinker.When my old pot went up I bought the Proctor Silex 12 cup coffeemaker. It only comes in one color- white. I had my coffeemaker for a month and the burner went up on it. I called the company and they sent me a new one free of charge. Had it within a week. They have very good costomer service dept. I still have the one they sent me but had this one about 6 months and now it started to drip as soon as water is poured in before you turn it on! Also the top keeps popping up on it and dont stay shut well.  What a time  I have had! I am going to go back to my Mr. Coffee coffeemaker soon... Am very disappointed with this one.

I forgot to take it home

from Rome,GA

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I bought this particular coffee maker while I was traveling on a construction job. I was tired of starting my day early and going to restaurants and convenience stores for coffee. My overall reason for buy this particular coffee maker at the time was the price. I looked at several and chose the least expensive in the store, I knew it only had to last a couple of weeks. In the coming days I began to realize what a good deal this little coffee maker really was. not only was it very inexpensive it was very easy to set up and use and very easy to maintain cleanliness of the coffee maker. I kept this coffee maker working hard for nearly twenty four hours a day for over two weeks and it never failed or left me lacking for a hot cup of coffee. I would with out any doubt buy another one of thes if I could find it locally. I would also recommend it to friends, don't let the low price scare you away from this great item.

perfect everyday

from Edina, MN

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

The Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker is a perfect everyday coffee maker. It is easy and simple to set up and have your coffee ready in little time. We are not big coffee drinkers in my home so I usually make only a cup or two at a time, but of course you can make up to 12. It stays warm and fresh for awhile so its nice to come back for a refill after an hour or two. It is simple for kids to use and set up as well and makes for an easy and fast cleanup. We have had ours awhile and have had no problems or complications with it, so I believe its good quality. Proctor Silex has a variety of appliances and I have heard they last for awhile. So we are satisfied with ours.

Brew Performance
The brew performance is tasty and depending on the coffee there are some really great ones.

Simple, quick and easy to cleanup and setup again for the next time you use.

Very easy, even for kids.

The design is simple and classical and all you really need for an everyday coffee maker.

Proctor Silex Coffee maker

from Jetersville, VA

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I love this coffee maker. I prepare the water and coffee the night before and all I need to do to begin the day is turn on the pot in the morning. While I begin my day the coffee is brewing and making the house smell wonderful and cozy.

Brew Performance
The coffee brews quickly and is ready for me to pour a cup as I begin my day and take the dog for a walk with a wonderful cup of coffee.

Cleaning is easy as it is designed to clean easily and quickly.

Add water, filter and coffee in the evening and get up in the morning and cut on the pot while you brush your teeth. Coffee is ready to be poured and enjoyed as you take your best friend out for their morning walk with a moment to enjoy the coffee and beauty around you.

There are a few crevices that require a little rubbing to get it clean however they are not a major concern as it is easy to reach and a sponge is my preferred product to use in the cleaning process

Average coffee maker

from New Haven, CT

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

When needing to make a pot of coffee, this unit is average. It makes an okay pot of coffee and performs well enough. It was a sale item that performs as expected, my expectations were not that high for this unit.

Brew Performance
This coffee maker seems to take it's time brewing and is very, very noisy about half way through the brewing process.

It is easy enough to clean as all the drip brewers are. It gets its full vinegar cleaning treatment regularly to keep it performing at it's best.

Very easy to use as all coffee drip makers seem to be: pour water into the water basin, put a filter in the basket then add the coffee grounds, turn on the machine and shortly you will have a pot of coffee.

The design is somewhat lacking. The coffee pot drips all over if not very careful when pouring. I cannot use the coffee pot to replenish the water basin for that same reason.

This coffee maker has been used at least once daily and still keeps going as it did when first purchased about nine months ago.

Nice, basic coffee maker

from Richmond VA

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

When our coffee maker broke, we needed a replacement as quickly as possible (there's only so long I am willing to go without a caffeine fix). We ran out to the store in search of a basic coffee maker to tide us over and get us through the forseeable future, and this was the one we chose. I was very happy with it. It's not terribly fancy, but it makes a decent pot of coffee and holds a good amount. It's great if you just need the basics.

Brew Performance
This makes a nice pot of coffee. I had to double up my filters because I got some grounds in the bottom of the pot, but it wasn't too bad.

This is very easy to clean.

There's not much to this coffee system, it's just the basics, so it's very easy to use.

It's not the prettiest coffee maker and it looks a little outdated, but it's not too bad. It looked decent on the counter.

This coffee maker is a little flimsy for my taste. I worried that it would break too easily and I felt like I had to be especially careful.

Easy to use

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

This is one of the best coffee makers we have purchased. The drip free feature which allows you to pour a cup while it's still brewing is excellent. The removable lid allows easy cleaning. and the water storage compartment is well protected from the coffee filter so cross-contamination is less likely. The one draw-back is that it does not have an automatic off feature so you need to be diligent about turning it off when you are done.

Brew Performance
The temperature could be hotter but it still brews a good cup of coffee. The warming plate keeps the coffee at a drinkable temperature without burning you when you first sip your coffee.

The lid comes off and its dishwasher safe.

The removable filter basket also makes clean-up quick and easy. This basket is also dish washer safe.

The area around the basket has a ridge where coffee grinds can land. It can be difficult to keep clean.

This coffee pot has lasted us for the past year or so at a great price. If it needed to be replaced, we would purchase another just like it!

Proctor Silex coffeemaker

from Stafford, Virginia

• Brew Performance:

Excellent cost effective coffee pot to invest in.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I bought this coffee maker about 6 years ago. I have a habit of breaking the glass pot within six months. It usually is more cost effective to just buy another complete coffee maker once the glass pot breaks, so I never invest a large amount of money in a coffee maker. I have dropped, banged, and bumped this glass pot more times than I can count and it is still hanging in there with me. The coffee maker itself still brews hot coffee and the warming plate still keeps coffee hot to the last cup. The only thing that has broken regarding this coffee maker is my track record for breaking the glass pot. The only thing I do each month for maintenance is run a pot of white vinegar through it to keep the water deposits off the heating element. The filter basket holds both 4 cup and 12 cup coffee filters without the filter collapsing. There is a nice cord storage area in the back that keeps excess cord out of the way and also makes it easy to store the cord if you want to travel with the coffee maker. The design of the coffee maker is sleek and will sit in a variety of places such as corners, stands, shelves, without being cumbersome.

Efficient, though not durable

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I rather like this coffee maker. So many come only in black, I rather find the white appearance fits better with the other appliances in my kitchen. Overall, I'm rather pleased with this coffee maker, as it brews up a tasty cup rather quickly. It is also easy to clean, though it could be more energy efficient. My one complaint is that it didn't take long for the brew time to slow down considerably. It is still good, just not as good as it was a couple months ago. Overall, for all its positives, you really can't go wrong with the price.

Brew Performance
As I stated, it brewed noticeably faster in the beginning, and slowed after only a few months.

Cleaning a coffee pot doesn't get much easier, simply make it part of your kitchen cleaning routine, so as the white plastic does not stain brown.

I like the fact that it is white, though it looks a bit squat and stocky compared to some of the more high end coffee makers.

This seems to be a coffee maker that needs regular cleaning of its insides so as to keep it brewing as fast as it should. This is the one part I like the least of this machine.

Old coffee maker

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Proctor Silex 12-Cup Coffeemaker:

I used to use this coffee maker before I got my new Keurig machine. It's an old coffee maker, but it works well for those who want a simple coffee maker, without dealing with single serve packing that can be quite expensive and also not environmentally friendly. The coffee maker itself is very inexpensive and you can use any type of ground up coffee beans for it. I personally upgraded to a single serve coffee maker, because I am the only one in the household who drinks coffee. If several people drink coffee or drink several cups of coffee, it may be easier just to use a traditional coffee maker. I have been using this same coffee maker for many years and it works fairly well. There's really nothing special about it. Perhaps the size, it can make up to 12 cups, which is way to much for most households. Maybe for an office or a place of business. It's durable, easy to use, easy to clean, traditional design.