4.8
Other Food Processors:
Proctor Silex
72500RY
Proctor Silex 1-1/2-Cup Food Chopper

Summary

1-1/2 cup capacity Pulse speed control Dishwasher safe bowl lid and blade 1-1/2 cup capacity Pulse control Stainless steel processing blade Compact design 70 watts 120V/AC only

Proctor Silex 1-1/2-Cup Food Chopper

4.8

Pros

Cons

Proctor Silex 1 1/2 Cup Food Chopper

Comments about Proctor Silex 1-1/2-Cup Food Chopper:

I have had this chopper for years now and have never had any problems with it. I use it about three to four times a week. I haven't had to replace the blades yet. It comes with four parts and features (cover, blade, bowl, and base). It is so easy to use. Lock the bowl onto the base, put blade in bowl, then add food (don't over fill - there is a line not to put food over that line), put the lid on. That's it, simple as 1, 2, 3. It is just as easy to clean it as it is to use it. You can wash the cover, bowl, and blade in hot, soapy water, rinse and dry or put in the dishwasher. Don't but the base in the dishwasher or put into water. To clean the base, you just wipe with a damp cloth, then dry. It is powerful, only takes seconds to chop. Infact, if keep on too long it will over chop and you'll have mush. I'd say that it is very durable. I have dropped mine quite a few times and didn't crack or shatter. I like this chopper so much, I bought for my in-laws and son. Make great gifts.

Very nice little chopper

Comments about Proctor Silex 1-1/2-Cup Food Chopper:

This chopper is a wonderful little appliance, but I would not recommend it if you need to chop things for more than a single person unless you want to keep emptying it and reloading. It could possibly work for couples if you don't have a significant other that eats a lot. I'm married to a man that eats a lot so he can bulk up so this just doesn't do the job and it's inconvenient to keep emptying and then refilling it.

With the chopping itself, it does a magnificent job. It takes up a minuscule amount kitchen counter space and it's surprisingly rather quiet. While I have purchased a larger one, I've given this one to a friend's child who has gone to college. So far she loves it and her roommates also use it when they cook their foods.

I highly suggest you purchase this for a college student that wants to cook their own meals and has a kitchen in their dorm area.

Power
Very strong for such a small chopper.

Safety
I would say this is a little safer than the more powerful choppers.

Ease of Assembly
Very easy to put together.

I've never found any of these that easy to clean, but this is the easiest I've come across.

It's survived several freshmen college kids so far with no issues. That's a testament to how durable it is.

• Ease of Assembly:

An amazingly useful kitchen gadget.

from Pickens, SC

Comments about Proctor Silex 1-1/2-Cup Food Chopper:

I have had this food chopper for several years now and it is still going strong, I can’t remember what we paid for it, but it wasn’t much. I bought it to use in a pinch when I need small amounts of food chopped and didn’t want to lug out our food processor. It quickly became my most used kitchen appliance (well, except for the coffee maker). It is very small so it’s easy to store and it can be quickly assembled – just twist the base in place and drop the blade down the center. It does a great job on chopping vegetables and nuts. I also use it to mix a small amount of flour and butter for cobbler topping. The only downside (which is also the upside) is that is it small – when you are preparing larger amounts of food, you will have to keep emptying the bowl. That probably shows just how much I like this chopper, though – now, I never get out my large food processor, even when I have big amounts to prepare. I have given at least 3 of these for gifts and everyone seems to love it.

You can put the blade in the dishwasher with your silverware and the bowl in the top rack

• Ease of Assembly:

Very useful and not too large

Comments about Proctor Silex 1-1/2-Cup Food Chopper:

I have a very small kitchen and don't have a need for a larger food processor. It chops the vegetables quickly. The only downside would be having to chop the items in multiple batches when preparing a lot of food.

Power
The biggest piece of advice I'd give people is not to overload the device. It works much better when it is one half to two thirds full.

Safety
It is a kitchen appliance and so you have to be careful of the blades.

Ease of Assembly
The appliance is very easy to assemble for use and to disassemble for cleaning. The image on the box is useful when it comes to what it should look like all assembled.

I've owned this device for 2 years and I use it once to twice a week.

• Ease of Assembly:

the best little chopper in the world

Comments about Proctor Silex 1-1/2-Cup Food Chopper:

I love this little chopper it is the right size and it did not cost alot of money . It is exactly what i was looking for. it works great and very simple to use.

Power
It has great power in fact it has better power than even some of the bigger ones. i think that it works great and i use it for everything.

Safety
i think that small children should not use any appliance unsupervised and i think that it has great safety.

Ease of Assembly
there is no assemble required you just lock in the bowl and put the blade in and then put the lid on and turn and it chops away. it is great.

it is very easy to clean and simple.

i have had this chopper for alittle while now and it still works like the first day that i bought it. i love it.

Great little chopper

from Webster, MA

Comments about Proctor Silex 1-1/2-Cup Food Chopper:

I really love this chopper. It is easy to use, convenient, and easy to clean. I prefer a small chopper over a large one. It is just faster. The only negative it that you may have to fill it up multiple times to finish a job. I tend to use it for smaller jobs and take out my larger one for bigger more complex jobs. All in all, it is a very good appliance.

Power
Chops with just as much power as the bigger food processors.

Safety
Very safe. Will not work unless the top is on.

Ease of Assembly
Is very easy to assemble.

It is pretty easy to clean. I have not had any problems keeping it clean.

Very durable, just don't drop it. I broke my last one when it dropped. I'm being very careful with this one.