3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Immediacy:

Proactiv Revitalizing Toner makes your skin smooth!

Proactiv Revitalizing Toner is part of the Proactiv system that clears acne. However, after using the Proactiv system for many years, I have found that I use this toner the most often out of all of the products in the system. It is a great soothing toner, with a light fragrance, that removes oil and dramatically smoothes your skin (with glycolic acid) in just a few days. The first time I started using this toner I was really surprised how much smoother my skin became in just a couple of days. That was what got me hooked! It really helps clear up breakouts and is soothing, with no harsh burning alcohol. This toner is great after you work out and you don't have access to a place to wash your face, just smooth some of it on with a cotton ball or pad and you'll feel fresh and clean! This product comes in a pretty nice sized bottle which lasts for a long time (longer than the month the say it will last) It is a good product.

Proactiv Revitalizing Toner is good!

A friend gave me the 3-step program and I was very excited about using it.  I do the three-step thing where you do the toner third.  It was very exciting - at first I did it very often about twice a day and it helped my face clear up a good bit but I still had to use some of my other acne cream stuff.  I like that you can use this without using much else at night except a napkin or a towel to wash the oil off your face with water, usually warm, and then dry your face, and then carefully put some of this on your fingers or a cotton ball or a bit of a napkin and put in on your face.  It takes a while to dry though!  That was one problem.  I never understood why you HAD to follow this with the revitalizing toner, but I guess they must have a reason for it.  I like how it makes your face feel SOOO clean.  Very nice!  I love going to bed with a wonderful clean face.  You can try Proactiv and it might work for you!

Not sure how much of a difference it makes

from Pittsburgh, PA USA

Comments about Proactiv Revitalizing Toner:

I have used the Proactiv three step system and used some of the products individually. In general, I think this is the least effective of the three steps. I don't notice any major difference in my skin between when I was using this additional step and when I wasn't. When my skin was getting overly dry and irritated from proactiv, this was the first step that I took out. I think it can be helpful, but in general, the other products already to a good job of removing impurities and smoothing your skin that you may find this step unnecessary. However, if you are using other skincare products and need a decent toner, this one is pretty decent. When I wasn't using it as part of the system, I noticed that it helped me to get an overall smoother look and feel to my skin. It was just too drying to use on a continuous basis.

Ease of Application
I'm a fan of convenience so I wish this came on presoaked pads or something that didn't require an additional purchase.

Side Effects
This can be extremely drying to your skin.

Immediacy
I saw improved skin in less then a week.

Comments about Proactiv Revitalizing Toner:

The Proactiv Revitalizing Toner is the best part of the three step regimen. After using the Proactiv cleanser, my face was always irritated and red. The corners of my nose would burn, and any acne I had would burn also. When I was ready for the toner, I would just put a little bit on a cotton ball. Then, I rub it over my entire face. At first, it does sting a tiny bit, but that only lasts for a second. After the stinging is gone, it is very soothing to my irritate skin. It also has a pleasant smell. I have noticed that after I use the toner, my face is extremely red. The toner doesn't bother my skin at all, so I don't know if the redness is from the cleanser or the toner. When the toner is completely dry, I put the lotion on my face. The lotion seems to take away any of the redness. I think the toner really helps to reduce my acne. For me, the toner always lasts much longer than the cleanser or the lotion.

Made me break out.

Comments about Proactiv Revitalizing Toner:

The Proactive Revitalizing Toner is step two of what they consider a daily essential regimen for cleaning your face. It feels like it's doing the job when you use it after the Proactiv facial cleanser because it stings a little bit. For me that stinging was not a good sign; although the product does not contain alcohol, the witch hazel produced the same effect. The down side of the extra cleaning was that it stripped my skin of some of the its natural nutrients. The result was that my oil glands eventually started to produce even more oil. Even worse, my skin did not react well to the witch hazel, and I started to get bumpy, hard blemishes which actually hurt. I'm lucky I didn't get acne scars as a result.

Cleans effectively, but stripped my skin of nutrients.

Ease of Application
Okay. Just use a cotton ball or pad.

Convenience
It's not convenient to have to buy the entire system together (cleanser, toner, moisturizer).

Side Effects
My skin eventually broke out in hard blemishes as a result of the witch hazel.

Immediacy
Cleans at first, but how my skin eventually reacted was not good

Toner burns.

from Florida

Comments about Proactiv Revitalizing Toner:

I used Proactiv for a number of years, and the cleanser I was a big fan of, this however was not the case with the toner.

I found that just using the cleanser and lotion was effective enough and that if I added in the toner it dried my skin to the point of irritation. It got so bad after a few weeks of using that I just gave up on the middle step.

I know a lot of people love all there Proactiv products, but this is one of the ones I have to disagree about. I do have somewhat iffy skin, so maybe it just dried me out too much, but I wasn't happy at all with the effect. Especially the dry/cracked and burning it did to my skin.

Not very effective at anything but causing my skin to feel like it was on fire.

Ease of Application
It was easy to use for the little time I did use it.

Convenience
Convenient bottling.

Side Effects
Bad side effects with the toner that I did not get with the other products.

Immediacy
I wasn't able to use it long enough to see how well it worked.

Gentle

Comments about Proactiv Revitalizing Toner:

This is a nice gentle toner and my favorite product out of the whole Proactiv system. This is the only one that I use and it is helpful in removing the excessive dirt that you have on your skin through the accumulation of the days activities. The cotton pads that you use will turn brown after use with this toner.

Your skin will dry up a bit after its use. But this helps prep your skin for moisturizer use.

You feel a tightneing sensation in which you think that your pores are becoming less visible. I am not able to see whether or not this is the case, but it is nonetheless a pleasant feeling. It has 5% glycolic acid, which is used in peels and this is a very important ingredient in helping your post acne hyper-pigmentation to fade. I would say that my skin tone looks more smooth after using this.

Only downside is that it can sting a bit, so do not use this if you are a guy and just finished shaving.

Kinda Like Seabreeze

from Lothian, MD

Comments about Proactiv Revitalizing Toner:

Basically like the product seabreeze, though not as strong smelling or harsh in my opinion. This has a cooling effect and goes on watery. It does make your skin very dry, hence why the lotion afterwards is very important.

It's not bad. I used proactive for years, but when it just wasn't holdign up anymore and switched to stronger systems, I just ended up burning my face. If proactive doesn't work for you, please go see a dermatologist as your acne is likely caused by something internal that needs internal treatment, not external. I wish I had found that out 3 years ago.

This stuff will work for you, but only if you have mild teenage acne. I suppose it does it's job then but I wish they took more care and awareness to address the underlying cause of acne rather than just trying to battle with it as most of these external products do. I'm currently on a amoxicillan that fights the bacteria that cause acne.

• Immediacy:

My least favorite product from Proactiv

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Proactiv Revitalizing Toner:

I was receiving the same standard three piece set from Proactiv that most people start out receiving. It included the exfoliating face wash, this toner and the zit cream. I had heard wonderful things about Proactiv so I was excited to try it out. After some trial and error I decided that while I really do like most of Proactiv's products, this toner is just not for me. It did not help my skin, in fact or really seemed to irritate my face more than do any healing. I fell like that's hard to do because I don't have issues with most products. My skin is not overly sensitive or anything so for this toner to irritate my skin it must be really very strong.
I ended up stopping the toner use and just washing my face with the exfoliating cleanser and using the repair cream. I found that just using those two products worked much better for me.
In order to keep receiving the set and qualify for the Proactiv member discount I had to pick a third product to receive. I don't know if people know this or not, but you can pick any three products to receive in your set and still get the member pricing. I think that's nice because the same things won't work for everyone. I ended up going with the refining mask as my third product and I cut my deliveries down to once every six months.

Side Effects
This toner really irritated my face. It felt like it a burning and did nothing to he my skin.

• Immediacy:

This product was not for me.

Comments about Proactiv Revitalizing Toner:

I personally did not like the Proactive Revitailizing Toner. You are supposed to use it after you wash your face and before you put on your moisturizer. As far as clearing up blemishes, I would say that this product works well if you use the rest of the Proactiv system. I did not like it though. After using the Proactiv Revitalizing Toner my face felt dirty. It was like I just put a thin layer of oil onto my face. You have to use just a tiny tiny but and make sure it dried one hundred percent before you put anything else on your face. And while using this toner I noticed that my face got more oily throughout the day so I had to keep using oil blotting sheets and reapplying my make up. I guess if you have really dry skin this product might work for you, but I would not recommend buying it.

• Immediacy:

Proactiv Revitalizing Toner is very refreshing!

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Proactiv Revitalizing Toner:

I've been using the Proactiv product line for about ten years. After cleansing my face with Proactiv Renewing Cleanser, I follow with Proactiv Revitalizing Toner which is so refreshing! I absolutely love it and can't complete my cleansing ritual without it! It helps to remove any traces of makeup and cleanser leaving my skin ready for the Proactiv Repairing Lotion. I even put some in a spray bottle to use as a refreshing body spray.

Proactiv Revitalizing Toner is well-named as it is not only revitalizing, but cooling, but it is non-drying as it does not contain any alcohol. My skin is slightly oily and this does a great job of keeping the oil at bay without drying my skin. So I would highly recommend it to everyone, men, women, boys, girls, any age.

Average facial toner by Proactiv

from Portland, OR

Comments about Proactiv Revitalizing Toner:

I used to use the Proactiv line of products pretty religiously in the past. I recieved the toner as part of the whole package when buying Proactiv.

The bottle is clear, allowing you to see the actual product. This is always a plus for me. I like seeing how much I use because it tells me when I need to buy more. The cap is easy to twist off and when you pour out the product, it dispenses a good amount.

The smell is great. I love the fragrance in Proactiv's line of products. It's not overpowering nor is it medicinal. It's just really good for someone like me.

I use this toner by putting it on a cotton pad, then using it on my nicely washed face. The toner is supposed to "buff" your skin and remove any dead cells. It is like a mild exfoliant.

One thing I don't like about this Proactiv revitalizing Toner is the actual feel of it. I think, for me, it feels a bit oily and when I use it on my face I can really feel this "film" on my skin. You know? Like I just put something on my skin. The clean feeling after washing my face is gone when I use this toner.

But I can say that my face is certainly tighter and not as flaky as before.