3.8
PFTL33105
ProForm 495Pi Treadmill

ProForm 495Pi Treadmill

3.8

A very useful piece of machinery

Comments about ProForm 495Pi Treadmill:

Treadmills are great for staying in shape and keeping healthy. This treadmill is a nice piece of equipment. This is a cheaper model compared to some of the other models out there. It if very easy to use. There are plenty of different settings so that you can alter your routine. This treadmill does not have as many fancy features as some other models, but it performs basic functions well. This treadmill should last a long time as long as it is properly taken care of.

This is a good piece of equipment for any home gym. It is not a particularly fancy model, but it serves its function.

Comfort
This treadmill could seem sturdier. The treads are a little thin compared to some other treadmills.

This is a simple product to use. The features are easy to set.

This treadmill should last for a long time. The treads are somewhat thin, but should still last several years.

This is a nice looking piece of machinery.

• Comfort:

Walk for Exercise in Any Weather

from Harris, MN

Comments about ProForm 495Pi Treadmill:

We have the Proform 495 at our home in the spare bedroom. Our son gave it to us as he was not using it. I do not know the cost but from what I read it is not too expensive.
The treadmill stays up all the time but I understand it can be folded and stored.
I am 75 years old and had knee replacement on both knees in 2012 and 2013.
I started slowly and for a few minutes at a time. I go at the slowest speed but hopefully can build. I did try to get to the number 3 speed but too fast for me. I am not a runner and never have been.
It is nice to have the treadmill at home so I can do the exercise at different times of the day. I find it is helping me to do some exercises like walking. I can walk in any weather and anytime I want. It is said to do 30 minutes of exercise a day and one can do it by exercising 10 minutes at a time. I believe 10 minutes at a time is a plus for me and helps me keep healthy. I know it is helping the knees.
I checked very good for the rating as it works for me.
The safety cord is a plus and at the beginning I held it in my hands. Now I am more comfortable with the machine but do hold the cord when I am not holding the bars.. The cord will stop the machine if you fall or need to stop quickly.

I think the movement is smooth and this is at the lowest speed.

Comfort
The bars are close enough for me to hold.

Turning the machine on begins by putting the magnet on the start area. I then push the button to start the machine. When I need to stop I can use my thumb to push the stop button and still hold the bars.

I am not sure of the age since it was given to us but seems durable. Everything works.

I am not familiar with other treadmills but the design seems fine to me. I like the idea of an open space on each side of the machine near the top and that is where I put my phone in case it rings. Easy to get onto the machine and to get off. I like the fan, a place to put a book, the mileage, time, calories and fat record.

• Comfort:

Space saving feature well worth the small workout to your wallet

from Eaton, OH

Comments about ProForm 495Pi Treadmill:

I love the space saving feature.  It also comes with a cool breeze fan.  Great incline and variable speed.  Safety clip to shut off treadmill should you slip or trip.  Magazine/book holder along with holders for your drink, remote control, or hand weights.

The Pro-Form 495Pi is cheap, but you get what you pay for.

from Wilmington, NC

Comments about ProForm 495Pi Treadmill:

This was one of the cheaper treadmill solutions, but you definitely get what you pay for.

The running deck is stable, and provides a solid running environment. The tread seems to be a bit thin, but it has held up well after 4 years of use.

The control panel is hit or miss. First off, while there is an electric control for incline, there is no indication of what incline you are at. No display or percentages or anything. That makes it difficult to have a consistent running baseline. The pulse monitor is thumb-based, so you hold your thumb on the contacts while it takes your pulse. This never seemed to work right, and eventually it quite altogether. There is a "fan" with multiple speeds, but it is extremely weak and makes a crazy loud amount of noise. You also can't read a book/magazine at the same time the fan is on as it would block it. You have simple controls for speed, with quick buttons to go to a specific speed level. There are no custom workout routines or automatic plans.

For a basic treadmill for walking, this is a cheap alternative. If you are a serious runner, you need to look elsewhere.

The Proform Treadmill 495Pi is convient and easy to use.

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about ProForm 495Pi Treadmill:

I am a 39 year old women who doesn't care much for exercising, so I thought the best way to get some movement going was to buy a treadmill.  After doing a bit of research I decided on the Proform Treadmill 495Pi which will help me get the most from exercising in the convenience of home. And when you're not exercising, the Proform Treadmill 495 Pi can be folded up, requiring less than half the floor space of other treadmills.

The speed can be adjusted from 0 to 10 miles per hour with speed control and there is an incline which can easily be adjusted from 0 to 10 percent with the power incline feature.  And the large LCD display show your speed, time, pace, laps, distance, calories burned, fat calories burned, and pulse so you can easily track your workout progress, which is great to help you reach your goals.

The Proform Treadmill 495Pi is a great machine to have and you can get in shape any time you want right from the comfort of you own home.

loose weight and get fit faster

from Del Valle, TX

Comments about ProForm 495Pi Treadmill:

Treadmills are great for the working man or woman! They are also great for the young, old, sick, healthly, inshape, out of shape, almost in human that can walk. Even if it's hard for you to stand up for long periods on time. Forget the gym fees, and that extra time you have to spend on going back and forth to the gym. Plus think of the gas you'll save. Treadmills are a great way to get in shape. You can work out at your own pace. No need to get fancied up to go to the gym. Stay at in the privacy in your own home, swet like a fat cow, look like crap, no one will see you anyways so who cares. That's what's so wonderful about having your own treadmill at home. You can adjust the speed to fast, slow, uphill, or downhill. If you want a major workout or a light weight work out. Great for your health, and will make you fine too. The prices range from low to high. Now everyone can afford a teadmill. It's well worth the money, considering that you can improve your health, loose weight, and do it at your own pace.