1.8

• Product Selection:
    • Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

Outstanding. I will use them again

I wanted to get my wife something special for Valentine's Day.

I wanted to get my wife something special for Valentine's Day.

The florist I had used typically was out of business, so I was looking for alternatives. Proflowers.com was advertising heavily on the radio stations I listen to, so I decided to check them out.

I saw that a very nice bouquet, the 100 live blooms of Lilies was on sale and could come with a nice red vase, a teddy bear, some bubble bath and a small box of chocolates for around $50, delivered on Friday, Feb 12, 2010.

I went with Feb 12 for a couple of reasons:

First, delivery on Valentine's Day, which was a Sunday, would cost extra

Next, I wanted my wife to get it during the week. She is retired due to disability and so has a helper, a very nice woman. I figured that, if the package was nice, my wife would be able to share the joy with her helper after the flowers arrived.

I ordered about a week in advance. I was a bit concerned because the UPS tracking number they reported right away had no record until the day before. I even called them a few days before and they said the flowers would deliver on time. I later found that the flowers were picked up the day before from a local grower.

My wife loved the package, it was boxed well. The flowers were fresh and all the extras are great. In fact, the flowers were so fresh that today, two weeks after delivery, they still look great even though they are guaranteed for a week.

My wife is thrilled, the flowers look great, the price wasn't too expensive.

I will use them again.

Great way to ship a cardboard box to the one you love!

I wanted to send my wife some flowers last week and decided to give ProFlowers a try.  Boy was that a big mistake.  I have uploaded a photo of what I...Read complete review

I wanted to send my wife some flowers last week and decided to give ProFlowers a try.  Boy was that a big mistake.  I have uploaded a photo of what I thought I was buying.

I was having them delivered to her work.  Let me just state right off the bat that the entire point of sending them to her work is to make her feel special and appreciated.  Beautiful flowers arrive to the building's front desk, she gets a call, and picks them up at the desk.  Well, at least that was the vision I had in my mind.

So Friday arrives, which is the day they are scheduled to be delivered, and after awhile I realize that I haven't heard anything from her about receiving them.  Of course I hadn't alerted her that she would be receiving them...they were supposed to be a surprise.  At some point I decided to check the ProFlowers website to see if I could tell if they had been delivered yet, and if not, possibly when they would be delivered.

Sure enough, once I was logged into their site, I could see my order and they had a track order button so I clicked it.  I was just stunned when it took me to the UPS website and I could see it had been sent UPS and had already been delivered to her building's mail room and received by Lewis.  I am sure it must have made Lewis's day to receive flowers from me.  Not knowing her building's mail procedures, I wondered if it was possible that mail deliveries inside the building had already been made for the day, and could her flowers possibly sit there all weekend in the mail room.  I decided I had better call her and let her know to go get them.  She was a bit confused because she doesn't even know where the mail room is in her building.  So she went looking for the mail room, went to the wrong place, but by the time she got back to her desk, she noticed that she had missed a call.  The mail room person didn't leave a message, so had she not been trying to find them and keeping an eye out, she probably would have never noticed the missed call since they didn't bother to leave a message.

Last year I had a check from my company's credit union sent to me to buy a new car and that check bounced around my building for days before it finally made its way to me.  In fact, the credit union was on the verge of putting a stop pay on the check and reissuing it when it finally arrived.  So I already know that something sent via a company's mail room can be unreliable in terms of how long it takes to arrive.

While she was trying to track down the flowers, I was on the website trying to find out what happened.  I was not aware they would send the flowers via UPS.  I expected a florist to deliver them.  After looking around the site, I did see where they explain this.  It wasn't made clear to me when I was buying them though because I would have never bought them from ProFlowers had I known this.  I will return to this point later.

So, my wife finally tracks down the flowers and they are in a cardboard box.  It requires her to put water in the vase, add the plant food, cut the flower stems, and place the flowers in the vase.  Now, this isn't a big deal, but she is at work.  It isn't like she has the kind of scissors there that you would want to use to cut flower stems not to mention that she is working.  I wasn't trying to buy her a hobby kit, I wanted a vase of arranged flowers to be delivered.  Also, since it was all in a box already and she was planning to bring them home that night anyway, it made the most sense to her to just leave them all in the box and bring it home that way and put it together at home.  Of course this totally defeats the purpose of sending them to work, right?  In a way this is a bit unfair to complain about because she could have put it all together and it was for her convenience not to, but that wasn't what I wanted.

So in the end, I guess what really matters is how gorgeous the flowers are, right?  I have attached photos so you can see them.

Hmm, well, they are not so good.  These flowers look pretty sad.  They are very droopy.  Now we could blame this on our flower arranging skill, but again, I was expecting them to come arranged.  For the $80 I spent, I am pretty sure I could have had beautiful flowers delivered by a local florist that were arranged very nicely.

Check out the couple photos of individual flowers and how limp they are.  Just ridiculous!  And these are not the exceptions!  Most of the flowers are like this.  They are nowhere near as full as the picture shows.

So here are just a few points I want to make.

1.  I clicked on and purchased flowers based on their picture and that is what I should have received.  That is what I was buying.  Sending me a box of flowers and a vase is just unacceptable.  It would be like ordering a Big Mac from the photo on the menu board at McDonalds and them bringing you a bun, a couple hamburger patties, and some condiments.

2.  I don't think the quality and quantity of the flowers compares to their photo on the website.  I haven't counted them though.

3.  Here is the part that I can't figure out and bothers me most.  Who would want their service?  By this, I mean, I am assuming that some of their customers are satisfied with their service and product.  There are certainly a handful of radio show hosts endorsing this company.  But for the life of me I can't envision when this service is what anyone would want.  In fact, I am surprised they can even employ women at that company.  It strikes me as the kind of service and product that some flower-hating men would create.  I would expect women would say, "I'm not working here.  No woman would want flowers delivered like this."  Of course, there goes my sexist attitude!  So, I don't see their service working for sending flowers in a romantic situation.  So what are the other times I send flowers?  People in the hospital and funerals.  OK, I have a sick friend or family member and perhaps they are in the hospital.  Maybe it is even serious and they are unconscious.  So I send some flowers from ProFlowers and the box can just sit there in their room until the flowers die or the patient gets well?  AWESOME!  Money well spent!  OK, let's say it's a funeral.  Exactly who is going to have time to open the box and arrange them?  Yeah, I see that working well.  So, I just can't figure out when I would actually find their service useful.

Let me just say one thing in their favor.  When I called up and complained, they did give me a refund.  So I want to give them credit for that.  They also offered to replace the flowers so if I had been happy with this type of delivery and my only dissatisfaction was the health of the flowers, I believe they would have taken care of that.  Now in truth, I didn't really want a refund.  I usually don't like accepting refunds in situations like this because I think people often just think you are complaining because you are trying to get something for free.  But when I was on the phone with them I realized that they would never give me what I really wanted.  What is that you ask?  For them to stop masquerading as a florist.  That's what I really want.  But that would mean virtually stopping their business and I know they aren't going to do that.  So I accepted a refund.

All I can say is that I can't imagine me ever using them again.  They just don't fit any need I have to send flowers.  But, perhaps this will work acceptably for you and they may make an excellent florist for you.  After all, they can send flowers almost anywhere in the country*.

However, since getting my refund I have become even more displeased with them. I wanted to convey some sort of ethics on their part since they did give me a refund, but since then I have changed my mind. First, although I didn't mention it already, on the main page showing all the different arrangements I could choose from, they showed the picture I have attached with a price. But once I cliicked on the picture to buy them, you couldn't actually buy them in that vase at the price they showed. That vase in the photo was a $15 upgrade. So that's just false advertisement in my mind. Even worse was when I realized that the description of the flowers states it would come with 16 of the purple iris's and 16 of the pink buds. When I examined my flowers I suddenly realized why mine looked so much worse (at least part of the reason). In their photo, you can actually see all 16 of the buds (and probably all 16 of the iris's too but they're too hard to count). That is a misleading arrangement because since we can only see a portion of the flowers from one angle, we should see only some fraction of the 16 buds but we see them all. This means that for the arrangement in their photo, they are far more dense than they would be in your real arrangement. This too is just blatantly misleading. So now I realize that their photo is misleading in terms of the density of the flowers and it was misleading in terms of the price and the vase. I now sense a consistent lack of integrity.

=======================================

* Some assembly required!

Never delivered, offered no compensation

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

The grossly overpriced flowers (as others have remarked, large service fees are hidden until AFTER you enter all information including address and credit card) were never delivered. When I called, 2 days later, they said they would re-send the order -- but that it would still take another 3 days from when I called. I said I expected that under the circumstances they would not charge me, but they refused -- they still wanted to charge me full price for a delivery 5 days late. So I simply demanded a refund, which they gave (rudely, then hanging up on me). Given the disappointment involved, that's hardly a satisfactory solution.

Never again.

Horrible

from tx

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

All flowers which I received and sent were dead upon arrival...embarrassing that I sent dead roses for a birthday gift...DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY...I received DEAD FLOWERS for my anniversary!!!

Horrible Service!

from Middletown, PA

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

I ordered flowers with 6 chocolate dipped strawberries for my coworker. Once she received them she took a pic and sent it to me. The flowers did not look like the flowers from online and she said she was missing her strawberries. I called them up and told them the situation and they said the would not be able to redeliver for another 3 days. I said that was fine, but since she was at her mother's house for the weekend I used her mom's address. I told them that the address that was used for delivery was temporary and I gave them my job address since it wasn't going to be delivered until Tuesday. They told me that the recipient who received the flowers would have to call in and change the address. That's ridiculous. I even asked for a refund and they said no. Poor Customer Services. We won't be ordering flowers from here ever again! Were going back to Royer's Flowers.

ProFlowers is horrible!

from 93536

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

This is the second year in a row that ProFlowers charged me for premium delivery and delivered way late. Last year I let it go.
This year was ridiculous.

A day late, they asked me to make another selection. I called customer service. The "Customer Service" guy was so clueless that I eventually told him to cancel the order. At first he pretended that he didn't understand me, then he acknowledged that he had been asked to cancel the order and would send me an email when it was done. Of coarse, no email arrived.

Four days after the delivery date, I received an email asking for clarification of some point of the order. I responded, "Cancel the Order!". Well, a couple hours later my mother called and thanked me for the flowers.I had already told her that I had cancelled her flowers. She was amused, at least!

So, then they sent me an email asking for a review. I called "Customer Service" again, several times. They tried speaking with thick accents so that I couldn't understand, transfered me around from slurrer to slurrer, hanging up on me, etc. I finally got to someone who seemed to try and help. I asked for a refund of the premium service charges, $12.99, I think. The lady told me that she would refund the entire service charge and said that it was $26 and change. I agreed.

So, I received a $7.50 refund.

ProFlowers is simply not trying to provide service.

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

from san bernardino, ca

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

My kids sent me flowers for mothers day thru this company, there was no card attached so I called the customer service line and encountered a very rude lady who said it was their policy not to give out the senders information and hung up on me. I called again and spoke to another RUDE person who just flat out hung up on me. Called again, sat on hold for approx. 10 minutes and when I was connected was immediately disconnected. Called a fourth time, finally was able to find out who the flowers were sent by. Also my daughter in law paid extra for a hallmark card. NOT impressed with them. The flowers didn't even last a full week, and yes I followed all the instructions.

Three Days Late on Mother's Day Delivery

from Ozark, AL

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

Ordered a nice bouquet and strawberries for my children's grandmother, to arrive Saturday before Mother's Day, because ProFlowers does not deliver on Sunday (already a bad sign). On Saturday, they told me that my delivery had been delayed. Rather than delivering at least on Monday, it was not until Tuesday that they finally did what I had paid them to do. In notifying me of the error, they also said that they would remove the Saturday surcharge, but when the delivery finally occurred, the surcharge was still on it. I will never use this company again. There is something seriously wrong with how it is being managed.

Complete fraud.

from Denver, Colorado

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

I ordered two bouquets through ProFlowers for Mother's Day to be delivered in two different cities. They were supposed to be delivered Thursday, May 5th.

It is now Tuesday, May 10th. Two days AFTER Mother's Day. I have called ProFlowers customer service three times, spending over an hour on the phone total. Their customer service line goes to a call center where folks with limited English work off a script. They have told me that they don't understand the problem. The only thing they have offered as recourse at the call center is 14% off my next order. (As if I would give them an additional order!)

I have emailed ProFlowers, and received no response. I have contacted them via social media, and was told to email them at a different email address, which I did. Again, no response.

So, essentially, I have given ProFlowers over $100 (which would have been more, without Groupon) for them to NOT DELIVER my orders. ProFlowers has still to offer reimbursement.

I will NEVER do business with ProFlowers again, and recommend that Groupon do the same.

Added Charges to your Order

from Albany NY

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

This company is a rip off. Add HUGH charges to your order and it too late!

If I could give a negative number, I would!

from Shelton CT

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

Poor customer service, not reliable, did not deliver on time, hidden fees

High price, timely delivery, poor quality

from Santa Margarita, CA

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

Tulip bouquet arrived on time at my wife's work. Unfortunately every tulip was bent 90 degrees!