1.8

• Product Selection:
    • Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

Outstanding. I will use them again

I wanted to get my wife something special for Valentine's Day.

I wanted to get my wife something special for Valentine's Day.

The florist I had used typically was out of business, so I was looking for alternatives. Proflowers.com was advertising heavily on the radio stations I listen to, so I decided to check them out.

I saw that a very nice bouquet, the 100 live blooms of Lilies was on sale and could come with a nice red vase, a teddy bear, some bubble bath and a small box of chocolates for around $50, delivered on Friday, Feb 12, 2010.

I went with Feb 12 for a couple of reasons:

First, delivery on Valentine's Day, which was a Sunday, would cost extra

Next, I wanted my wife to get it during the week. She is retired due to disability and so has a helper, a very nice woman. I figured that, if the package was nice, my wife would be able to share the joy with her helper after the flowers arrived.

I ordered about a week in advance. I was a bit concerned because the UPS tracking number they reported right away had no record until the day before. I even called them a few days before and they said the flowers would deliver on time. I later found that the flowers were picked up the day before from a local grower.

My wife loved the package, it was boxed well. The flowers were fresh and all the extras are great. In fact, the flowers were so fresh that today, two weeks after delivery, they still look great even though they are guaranteed for a week.

My wife is thrilled, the flowers look great, the price wasn't too expensive.

I will use them again.

Great way to ship a cardboard box to the one you love!

I wanted to send my wife some flowers last week and decided to give ProFlowers a try.  Boy was that a big mistake.  I have uploaded a photo of what I...Read complete review

I wanted to send my wife some flowers last week and decided to give ProFlowers a try.  Boy was that a big mistake.  I have uploaded a photo of what I thought I was buying.

I was having them delivered to her work.  Let me just state right off the bat that the entire point of sending them to her work is to make her feel special and appreciated.  Beautiful flowers arrive to the building's front desk, she gets a call, and picks them up at the desk.  Well, at least that was the vision I had in my mind.

So Friday arrives, which is the day they are scheduled to be delivered, and after awhile I realize that I haven't heard anything from her about receiving them.  Of course I hadn't alerted her that she would be receiving them...they were supposed to be a surprise.  At some point I decided to check the ProFlowers website to see if I could tell if they had been delivered yet, and if not, possibly when they would be delivered.

Sure enough, once I was logged into their site, I could see my order and they had a track order button so I clicked it.  I was just stunned when it took me to the UPS website and I could see it had been sent UPS and had already been delivered to her building's mail room and received by Lewis.  I am sure it must have made Lewis's day to receive flowers from me.  Not knowing her building's mail procedures, I wondered if it was possible that mail deliveries inside the building had already been made for the day, and could her flowers possibly sit there all weekend in the mail room.  I decided I had better call her and let her know to go get them.  She was a bit confused because she doesn't even know where the mail room is in her building.  So she went looking for the mail room, went to the wrong place, but by the time she got back to her desk, she noticed that she had missed a call.  The mail room person didn't leave a message, so had she not been trying to find them and keeping an eye out, she probably would have never noticed the missed call since they didn't bother to leave a message.

Last year I had a check from my company's credit union sent to me to buy a new car and that check bounced around my building for days before it finally made its way to me.  In fact, the credit union was on the verge of putting a stop pay on the check and reissuing it when it finally arrived.  So I already know that something sent via a company's mail room can be unreliable in terms of how long it takes to arrive.

While she was trying to track down the flowers, I was on the website trying to find out what happened.  I was not aware they would send the flowers via UPS.  I expected a florist to deliver them.  After looking around the site, I did see where they explain this.  It wasn't made clear to me when I was buying them though because I would have never bought them from ProFlowers had I known this.  I will return to this point later.

So, my wife finally tracks down the flowers and they are in a cardboard box.  It requires her to put water in the vase, add the plant food, cut the flower stems, and place the flowers in the vase.  Now, this isn't a big deal, but she is at work.  It isn't like she has the kind of scissors there that you would want to use to cut flower stems not to mention that she is working.  I wasn't trying to buy her a hobby kit, I wanted a vase of arranged flowers to be delivered.  Also, since it was all in a box already and she was planning to bring them home that night anyway, it made the most sense to her to just leave them all in the box and bring it home that way and put it together at home.  Of course this totally defeats the purpose of sending them to work, right?  In a way this is a bit unfair to complain about because she could have put it all together and it was for her convenience not to, but that wasn't what I wanted.

So in the end, I guess what really matters is how gorgeous the flowers are, right?  I have attached photos so you can see them.

Hmm, well, they are not so good.  These flowers look pretty sad.  They are very droopy.  Now we could blame this on our flower arranging skill, but again, I was expecting them to come arranged.  For the $80 I spent, I am pretty sure I could have had beautiful flowers delivered by a local florist that were arranged very nicely.

Check out the couple photos of individual flowers and how limp they are.  Just ridiculous!  And these are not the exceptions!  Most of the flowers are like this.  They are nowhere near as full as the picture shows.

So here are just a few points I want to make.

1.  I clicked on and purchased flowers based on their picture and that is what I should have received.  That is what I was buying.  Sending me a box of flowers and a vase is just unacceptable.  It would be like ordering a Big Mac from the photo on the menu board at McDonalds and them bringing you a bun, a couple hamburger patties, and some condiments.

2.  I don't think the quality and quantity of the flowers compares to their photo on the website.  I haven't counted them though.

3.  Here is the part that I can't figure out and bothers me most.  Who would want their service?  By this, I mean, I am assuming that some of their customers are satisfied with their service and product.  There are certainly a handful of radio show hosts endorsing this company.  But for the life of me I can't envision when this service is what anyone would want.  In fact, I am surprised they can even employ women at that company.  It strikes me as the kind of service and product that some flower-hating men would create.  I would expect women would say, "I'm not working here.  No woman would want flowers delivered like this."  Of course, there goes my sexist attitude!  So, I don't see their service working for sending flowers in a romantic situation.  So what are the other times I send flowers?  People in the hospital and funerals.  OK, I have a sick friend or family member and perhaps they are in the hospital.  Maybe it is even serious and they are unconscious.  So I send some flowers from ProFlowers and the box can just sit there in their room until the flowers die or the patient gets well?  AWESOME!  Money well spent!  OK, let's say it's a funeral.  Exactly who is going to have time to open the box and arrange them?  Yeah, I see that working well.  So, I just can't figure out when I would actually find their service useful.

Let me just say one thing in their favor.  When I called up and complained, they did give me a refund.  So I want to give them credit for that.  They also offered to replace the flowers so if I had been happy with this type of delivery and my only dissatisfaction was the health of the flowers, I believe they would have taken care of that.  Now in truth, I didn't really want a refund.  I usually don't like accepting refunds in situations like this because I think people often just think you are complaining because you are trying to get something for free.  But when I was on the phone with them I realized that they would never give me what I really wanted.  What is that you ask?  For them to stop masquerading as a florist.  That's what I really want.  But that would mean virtually stopping their business and I know they aren't going to do that.  So I accepted a refund.

All I can say is that I can't imagine me ever using them again.  They just don't fit any need I have to send flowers.  But, perhaps this will work acceptably for you and they may make an excellent florist for you.  After all, they can send flowers almost anywhere in the country*.

However, since getting my refund I have become even more displeased with them. I wanted to convey some sort of ethics on their part since they did give me a refund, but since then I have changed my mind. First, although I didn't mention it already, on the main page showing all the different arrangements I could choose from, they showed the picture I have attached with a price. But once I cliicked on the picture to buy them, you couldn't actually buy them in that vase at the price they showed. That vase in the photo was a $15 upgrade. So that's just false advertisement in my mind. Even worse was when I realized that the description of the flowers states it would come with 16 of the purple iris's and 16 of the pink buds. When I examined my flowers I suddenly realized why mine looked so much worse (at least part of the reason). In their photo, you can actually see all 16 of the buds (and probably all 16 of the iris's too but they're too hard to count). That is a misleading arrangement because since we can only see a portion of the flowers from one angle, we should see only some fraction of the 16 buds but we see them all. This means that for the arrangement in their photo, they are far more dense than they would be in your real arrangement. This too is just blatantly misleading. So now I realize that their photo is misleading in terms of the density of the flowers and it was misleading in terms of the price and the vase. I now sense a consistent lack of integrity.

=======================================

* Some assembly required!

TERRIBLE ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE

from Tennessee

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

My flowers looked nothing like the picture. They are a complete rip off!

Never again

from Sandy Hook CT

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

My story is too long o go into every detail. At the highest of levels-Ordered same day delivery service at 10am EST. Received confirmation of order and was told I would be getting confirmation of delivery shortly. This was important because I was sending to my wife who works at School which was specified on order. I became worried and emailed them asking for status at 1:30 PM EST. I never heard back on that email except automated bull. I then received a delivery confirmation at 6:30 PM EST. This was some what funny since the school was closed and empty at 4:00 PM. The driver had the idea that by dropping these roses in front of a deserted school on a Friday afternoon that he/she had in fact made the delivery....go figure

Don't waist your time and money with this company

from Australia

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

I placed an order through ProFlowers.com for flowers to be delivered to my daughter for her birthday while in San Diego. I thought I was dealing with a local florist there. Picked an arrangement which was advertised on website for $39.96, by the time all charges were added it ended up with an invoice total of $71.43. That was ok as long as the flowers were delivered. Order was placed 12th Feb to be delivered 14th Feb. I specified that they would be delivered to an office. Morning of 13th Feb I found out that my daughter was no longer at the address I gave for the delivery so I immediately send an email to ProFlowers customer service informing them of change of delivery address then followed it up with a phone call to the 1800 number given on the website to confirm my change of address for delivery was received. After 40 minutes of the phone trying to communicate with someone in the Philippines who could not understand or speak English, I was totally frustrated and ended up hanging up without getting confirmation that flowers would be delivered to the correct address. I send another email to the customer service venting my frustration. I later received an email with an apology and letting me know that they could not cancel the original order but a replacement order would be send to the correct address, no charge, and that my money would be refunded . Later that afternoon I received an email notifying me that the original delivery was on its way. It would have been after 8pm in San Diego. Next day 15th Feb I received another email letting me know the second delivery was on its way. Great! then I notice the delivery address was still the original wrong address. I send another email to customer service pointing it out. Received another response apologizing and wanting the address again so they could fix things.I gave it for the 4th time knowing full well my daughter would not get her birthday flowers. Don't risk it! Unreliable, No communication!!

Do NOT waste your money!

from Mandeville, LA

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

Last year got a flower arrangement that had a warped vase (it didn't sit flat) and this year got a delivery of roses that smelled with mold. Requested a new delivery and today is day 2 and they are already wilted over. Really can't believe they are still in business.

horrible

from SLC, Utah

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

so I placed an order for my wife for valentines day. that day comes and no flowers? later that night, I got an email saying they had some issues and my delivery isn't coming and they cancelled my order. not even a call from them. horrible service. they couldn't give me enough free flowers or codes to ever buy anything from them. 0 starts if it would allow me.

overpriced flower kit in a cardboard box

from morgantown ky.

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

tried it because of all the ads on TV, really looks good. Dont be fooled it is a kit that you put together and the flowers are just wrapped up tight and look nothing like what they have pictured on there web page. for the price, which is HIGH, dont bother.

Overpaid for DEAD flowers

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

I had used ProFlowers years ago and had a HORRIBLE experience BUT thought I would give them a second chance. Shame on me. They are still as bad as ever.

My wife's roses arrived looking like they had been stolen from a grave site and started wilting immediately

WORST SERVICE/FLOWERS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from HOUSTON TX

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

I called and placed an order for my girlfriend to have a beautiful arrangement delivered to her work before 12. I sent her a message asking if she received anything and she stated "no".
When I called to see where the order was the people messed up and FORGOT to even place the order.
SHE NEVER RECIEVED HER FLOWERS, NOR AM I HAPPY !!!
I would recommend NOT using them... Go local if you can!
if IT WERE UP TO ME I WOULDN'T EVEN GIVE THEM 1 STAR

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Horrible

from Richmond, VA

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

First time I have used ProFlowers and the last. I ordered flowers to be delivered the day before a funeral. An hour before the funeral starts they call to say the flowers will not be delivered until 2 hours after the funeral. They refused to let me talk to the florist to maybe do some substitution or work something out to get an arrangement there on time so no flowers were delivered at all. They were the worst company to deal with and I don't suggest to anyone to use them.

I am NEVER buying from them again

from Cullman, AL

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

I ordered my flowers almost 3 weeks before Valentine's Day, and I paid $42 in all. With paying that much money, it looks like my flowers would be outstanding. I wanted to send this to someone special and make their day, but it really makes me angry. She opened the box and the flowers were crushed and soggy, one rose was completely torn apart. I would return the flowers if possible.