1.8

• Product Selection:
    • Product Pricing:
    • Customer Service:
    • Shipping and Returns:

Outstanding. I will use them again

I wanted to get my wife something special for Valentine's Day.

I wanted to get my wife something special for Valentine's Day.

The florist I had used typically was out of business, so I was looking for alternatives. Proflowers.com was advertising heavily on the radio stations I listen to, so I decided to check them out.

I saw that a very nice bouquet, the 100 live blooms of Lilies was on sale and could come with a nice red vase, a teddy bear, some bubble bath and a small box of chocolates for around $50, delivered on Friday, Feb 12, 2010.

I went with Feb 12 for a couple of reasons:

First, delivery on Valentine's Day, which was a Sunday, would cost extra

Next, I wanted my wife to get it during the week. She is retired due to disability and so has a helper, a very nice woman. I figured that, if the package was nice, my wife would be able to share the joy with her helper after the flowers arrived.

I ordered about a week in advance. I was a bit concerned because the UPS tracking number they reported right away had no record until the day before. I even called them a few days before and they said the flowers would deliver on time. I later found that the flowers were picked up the day before from a local grower.

My wife loved the package, it was boxed well. The flowers were fresh and all the extras are great. In fact, the flowers were so fresh that today, two weeks after delivery, they still look great even though they are guaranteed for a week.

My wife is thrilled, the flowers look great, the price wasn't too expensive.

I will use them again.

Great way to ship a cardboard box to the one you love!

I wanted to send my wife some flowers last week and decided to give ProFlowers a try.  Boy was that a big mistake.  I have uploaded a photo of what I...Read complete review

I wanted to send my wife some flowers last week and decided to give ProFlowers a try.  Boy was that a big mistake.  I have uploaded a photo of what I thought I was buying.

I was having them delivered to her work.  Let me just state right off the bat that the entire point of sending them to her work is to make her feel special and appreciated.  Beautiful flowers arrive to the building's front desk, she gets a call, and picks them up at the desk.  Well, at least that was the vision I had in my mind.

So Friday arrives, which is the day they are scheduled to be delivered, and after awhile I realize that I haven't heard anything from her about receiving them.  Of course I hadn't alerted her that she would be receiving them...they were supposed to be a surprise.  At some point I decided to check the ProFlowers website to see if I could tell if they had been delivered yet, and if not, possibly when they would be delivered.

Sure enough, once I was logged into their site, I could see my order and they had a track order button so I clicked it.  I was just stunned when it took me to the UPS website and I could see it had been sent UPS and had already been delivered to her building's mail room and received by Lewis.  I am sure it must have made Lewis's day to receive flowers from me.  Not knowing her building's mail procedures, I wondered if it was possible that mail deliveries inside the building had already been made for the day, and could her flowers possibly sit there all weekend in the mail room.  I decided I had better call her and let her know to go get them.  She was a bit confused because she doesn't even know where the mail room is in her building.  So she went looking for the mail room, went to the wrong place, but by the time she got back to her desk, she noticed that she had missed a call.  The mail room person didn't leave a message, so had she not been trying to find them and keeping an eye out, she probably would have never noticed the missed call since they didn't bother to leave a message.

Last year I had a check from my company's credit union sent to me to buy a new car and that check bounced around my building for days before it finally made its way to me.  In fact, the credit union was on the verge of putting a stop pay on the check and reissuing it when it finally arrived.  So I already know that something sent via a company's mail room can be unreliable in terms of how long it takes to arrive.

While she was trying to track down the flowers, I was on the website trying to find out what happened.  I was not aware they would send the flowers via UPS.  I expected a florist to deliver them.  After looking around the site, I did see where they explain this.  It wasn't made clear to me when I was buying them though because I would have never bought them from ProFlowers had I known this.  I will return to this point later.

So, my wife finally tracks down the flowers and they are in a cardboard box.  It requires her to put water in the vase, add the plant food, cut the flower stems, and place the flowers in the vase.  Now, this isn't a big deal, but she is at work.  It isn't like she has the kind of scissors there that you would want to use to cut flower stems not to mention that she is working.  I wasn't trying to buy her a hobby kit, I wanted a vase of arranged flowers to be delivered.  Also, since it was all in a box already and she was planning to bring them home that night anyway, it made the most sense to her to just leave them all in the box and bring it home that way and put it together at home.  Of course this totally defeats the purpose of sending them to work, right?  In a way this is a bit unfair to complain about because she could have put it all together and it was for her convenience not to, but that wasn't what I wanted.

So in the end, I guess what really matters is how gorgeous the flowers are, right?  I have attached photos so you can see them.

Hmm, well, they are not so good.  These flowers look pretty sad.  They are very droopy.  Now we could blame this on our flower arranging skill, but again, I was expecting them to come arranged.  For the $80 I spent, I am pretty sure I could have had beautiful flowers delivered by a local florist that were arranged very nicely.

Check out the couple photos of individual flowers and how limp they are.  Just ridiculous!  And these are not the exceptions!  Most of the flowers are like this.  They are nowhere near as full as the picture shows.

So here are just a few points I want to make.

1.  I clicked on and purchased flowers based on their picture and that is what I should have received.  That is what I was buying.  Sending me a box of flowers and a vase is just unacceptable.  It would be like ordering a Big Mac from the photo on the menu board at McDonalds and them bringing you a bun, a couple hamburger patties, and some condiments.

2.  I don't think the quality and quantity of the flowers compares to their photo on the website.  I haven't counted them though.

3.  Here is the part that I can't figure out and bothers me most.  Who would want their service?  By this, I mean, I am assuming that some of their customers are satisfied with their service and product.  There are certainly a handful of radio show hosts endorsing this company.  But for the life of me I can't envision when this service is what anyone would want.  In fact, I am surprised they can even employ women at that company.  It strikes me as the kind of service and product that some flower-hating men would create.  I would expect women would say, "I'm not working here.  No woman would want flowers delivered like this."  Of course, there goes my sexist attitude!  So, I don't see their service working for sending flowers in a romantic situation.  So what are the other times I send flowers?  People in the hospital and funerals.  OK, I have a sick friend or family member and perhaps they are in the hospital.  Maybe it is even serious and they are unconscious.  So I send some flowers from ProFlowers and the box can just sit there in their room until the flowers die or the patient gets well?  AWESOME!  Money well spent!  OK, let's say it's a funeral.  Exactly who is going to have time to open the box and arrange them?  Yeah, I see that working well.  So, I just can't figure out when I would actually find their service useful.

Let me just say one thing in their favor.  When I called up and complained, they did give me a refund.  So I want to give them credit for that.  They also offered to replace the flowers so if I had been happy with this type of delivery and my only dissatisfaction was the health of the flowers, I believe they would have taken care of that.  Now in truth, I didn't really want a refund.  I usually don't like accepting refunds in situations like this because I think people often just think you are complaining because you are trying to get something for free.  But when I was on the phone with them I realized that they would never give me what I really wanted.  What is that you ask?  For them to stop masquerading as a florist.  That's what I really want.  But that would mean virtually stopping their business and I know they aren't going to do that.  So I accepted a refund.

All I can say is that I can't imagine me ever using them again.  They just don't fit any need I have to send flowers.  But, perhaps this will work acceptably for you and they may make an excellent florist for you.  After all, they can send flowers almost anywhere in the country*.

However, since getting my refund I have become even more displeased with them. I wanted to convey some sort of ethics on their part since they did give me a refund, but since then I have changed my mind. First, although I didn't mention it already, on the main page showing all the different arrangements I could choose from, they showed the picture I have attached with a price. But once I cliicked on the picture to buy them, you couldn't actually buy them in that vase at the price they showed. That vase in the photo was a $15 upgrade. So that's just false advertisement in my mind. Even worse was when I realized that the description of the flowers states it would come with 16 of the purple iris's and 16 of the pink buds. When I examined my flowers I suddenly realized why mine looked so much worse (at least part of the reason). In their photo, you can actually see all 16 of the buds (and probably all 16 of the iris's too but they're too hard to count). That is a misleading arrangement because since we can only see a portion of the flowers from one angle, we should see only some fraction of the 16 buds but we see them all. This means that for the arrangement in their photo, they are far more dense than they would be in your real arrangement. This too is just blatantly misleading. So now I realize that their photo is misleading in terms of the density of the flowers and it was misleading in terms of the price and the vase. I now sense a consistent lack of integrity.

=======================================

* Some assembly required!

WARNING!!!!

from hagerstown, maryland

WARNING-!!!!!
BE SURE YOU SIGN YOUR NAME ( first and last- if the person you know, knows more than one person of the same first name)- or the "recipient" will not be able to thank you! ( and it is frustrating)- their policy is to send an e-mail to the sender- ??? what the email actually says

- FYI I spoke to multiple people on phone trying to find out this information- polite, but very difficult to understand and not forthcoming with actual policy/ procedure until after they got a bunch more of my demographic info to put in their system.

-WOULD it hurt the sender's privacy to
A) tell a recipient with this concern up front that this is what they do ( I talked to 3 different people and the 1st person said a supervisor would call me back the next day- > than a week later- no call)
B)have a drop down menu of what they include in the letter to the sender ( purchaser) of the flowers) -such as -1) the person you sent the flowers to knows more that one person with the same first name)-- 2)your name was not included in the card. 3) the person you sent flowers to would like to thank you and cannot find a current phone # or address for you.-- 4)?- free type option.
5)- option of order code connected to online messaging system where a thank you could be sent to everyone in instant time ( they have the pieces of data with order # and sender's e-mail- they could link the 2 in a way that is blinded to the recipient, but the recipient could still send their own message including any concerns re: identity).

NEVER AGAIN - Couldn't have been WORSE

from Missouri

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

Received for Mother's Day. SO BAD I couldn't tell my kids. The first box looked like the flowers had been stepped on and only had half the flowers - trashed on day 2. I called and was sent a second box and it was as bad as the first and had even less flowers. NEVER USE THEM.

Awesome Customer Service

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

My husband bought me flowers for mothers day and when the flowers arrived they were dead and broken. I called the customer service number and was promised the problem would be fixed. I received a replacement order with vase flowers everything that was included on original order. I would definitely use them again.

Poor service on Mothers Day

from Katy, TX

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

Ordered 2 (two) sets of flowers for Mother's Day, one for my wife and a second for my daughter who is visiting. First, I paid extra shipping to have it here on Sunday, received a fedex shipping notification it would not be here until Monday. STRIKE ONE! After calling and complaining they got it here Sunday only two find that the cards for the flowers were messed up and got two of the same. I requested chocolates for both flowers and instead got one chocolate and some face cream which I did not order. STRIKE TWO! and to top it off the special vase I requested for the flowers, one was fine and the other was cracked!! STRIKE THREE! Very disappointed with proflowers (not very pro) and will not use them ever again.

Buyer Beware

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

I was charged two delivery fees for a guaranteed delivery on Mother's Day, Sunday May 14th. The flowers never came, and I was told that I would receive them on Monday. I was then told that my money could not be refunded until my order was complete, and then it would take 5-10 business days to process. I would not recommend purchasing flowers from this company. I placed my order for flowers on May 3rd to avoid this problem, but I guess there's no avoiding bad business.

Disappointed on Mothers Day

from Coldwater, MI

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

ell, my mom did not get her flowers for Mother Day. I ordered 2 weeks ago and paid extra to guarantee a Mothers Day delivery. I will not be using ProFlowers in the future. The flowers I received were NOT from ProFlowers and were delivered in vase, not a box. I think I like my flowers delivered pre-arranged anyway. Thank you ProFlowers for showing me there are better services available

Worst Experience!!

from Rpaid City, SD

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

I have never experienced such a negative transaction in my life! I placed a mother days order online on Thursday and still have not received it on Saturday. Someone named "Keem" cannot find my order even after giving him every bit of info I have. Name, address, phone number, email address, what kind of flowers, what i wrote on the card, etc. Apparently phone connections between South Dakota, USA and Mumbai, India are not very good, because he had a hard time hearing me and I could not understand him through his thick accent. My credit card was billed for over $45 and he was not able to do anything about that either. Never again will I order anything from this inept company nor will i ever recommend them! I will be telling everyone I know about pro flowers and what they have done to me!

very disappointed!!

from Riverside CA

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

i wish i can upload a picture of the flower i order for my mother!
And the picture of the flower she received.

they suck

from waterford mi

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

get a sympathy plant without the card, wrong thing than what was ordered and missing half the order! call them, "sorry our system is down we can't help you now" horrible place! look elsewhere not these clowns!

TERRIBLE ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE

from Tennessee

Comments about ProFlowers.com:

My flowers looked nothing like the picture. They are a complete rip off!