3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Odor Control:

Priority scoopable cat litter.

Comments about Priority Cat Litter:

I really like this cat litter, and I always buy the large size. What I am not happy about is the container. I used to get the bucket, but then they changed it to a box, which is unwieldy, impossible not to spill, and in general, just hard to handle. I much prefer the bucket, which is reusable, too. I don't know why they changed to the box, but I do wish they would change it back to the bucket.

large size box is hard to handle and impossible not to spill. I hate it.

• Odor Control:

It works, it's cheap; it's a tad dusty

Comments about Priority Cat Litter:

We haven't tried every litter available, but this inexpensive and easily-bought (Vons/Safeway) works, the cats are OK with it, and if I could only figure out how to open the bag without a chain saw I'd rate it higher. It's be nice, also, if it were a big less dusty on first spashing it into the litter box.

Their "New & Improved" is actually New & Rendered Useless

Comments about Priority Cat Litter:

I've been a long time user of Priority litter. It clumped well, controlled odor, and was fairly good about not tracking. My only complaint with it was that it was dusty and when I refilled the tray, a cloud of dust would poof up. But I could deal with that. Compared to other brands unsavory issues, a bit of dust was manageable. But I just bought for the first time, Priority's "new & Improved" formula. It is HORRIBLE! The pros: it has greatly reduced the dust issue by leaps and bounds, and it seems to track even less than before. But it doesn't work! It doesn't fully absorb my cat's urine. When I clean out the tray each day, instead of nice little clumps, there's a thick muddy paste. It clings to my scooper and becomes this massive glob of muck. I have to go grab a paper towel or something to wipe it off my scooper, making a huge mess, and if I'm not real careful, getting it all over my hands. What were they thinking?!? Did they even test their product out?! Cleaner side effects are awesome, but if the product doesn't do it's job, then the other improvements really don't factor in at all. Stay away!!!!

• Odor Control:

Priority is great litter for the price

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about Priority Cat Litter:

I've experimented with several different kitty litters this past year.  I've tried different varieties of clay, clumping, and natural cat litters.  I decided to try Priority cat litter after reading the positive review on Viewpoints.  I'm glad I did.

I like Priority cat litter becuse it is inexpensive, it clumps, and it covers up the cat box smells well.  It has baking soda in it, which helps cover the odors.  Sometimes scented cat litters have an unpleasant smell.  The Priority cat litter that I bought is scented, but it does not smell bad.

I purchased a 20 lb. container of the scoopable Priority litter for multiple cat households at Safeway.  I bought the smaller container because I wanted to test things out.  Next time I will buy the 28 lb. box for an even better value.

Although there are other cat litters work as well, Priority will now be my first choice because of the low price.