3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

The Prince Lionheart Wipe Warmer keeps wipes warm and convenient

The Prince Lionheart Wipe Warmer with Everfresh is a great way to pamper your little one.

I got one when my son was born and have used it ever...Read complete review

I got one when my son was born and have used it ever since.

Is it a "necessity"? Not really, but it is a nice way to add a little pampering and convenience.

The warmer comes with 2 Everfresh "pillows" (actually just dense foam pads) that are hard until you soak them. You are supposed to soak them until they become soft, then place them in the bottom of the warmer to keep the wipes moist. The directions mention that some discoloration may occur (which it did), but it was nothing too bad. I noticed that the pad turned brown (mostly in the center) usually by the time the stack of wipes was emptied. It seemed worse with the scented wipes. Each time you refill the wipes, you are supposed to re-soak the pad. I could tell the pad was starting to get hard around the edges by the time I got to the bottom, so it was ready for a re-soaking. When I resoak the pad, I notice a lot of soap comes out, which is probably leached from the wipes. This is what makes the pad turn brown, as it came out when I re-soaked it. Over time, not all of the brown comes out, but it doesn't really matter. They do sell replacement pads if this is something that would bother you.

The warmer takes a while to warm up the whole stack of wipes. The heater is in the base, so obviously the wipes on the bottom get warmer than the ones on the top.

It also has a little glowing light on the front that can act like a nightlight. It doesn't seem very bright, and initially I thought "yeah, right. Like this will be worth anything." But, I have actually been able to change my son by the glow of that light!

It doesn't seem like much light in the beginning, but if you walk in on it in a dark room, it does shed a good amount of light.

I also like that it is weighted. Since it has a heating element in the base, it is heavier than your standard wipe container. This makes grabbing a wipe one-handed really easy! Just push the button on top and pull out a wipe. No worry about tipping over the container or having the wipe get stuck.

It is also cool to the touch, so even though it is a warming unit, it doesn't feel warm at all on the outside. Way to focus all the heat where it needs to be - on the wipes!

Can you get by with a regular wipe tub? Certainly.

But, who doesn't want to spoil their little one with a warm wipe - especially on cold nights?

Also, as a bonus, the warm wipes make getting dirt off of hands and faces easier too!

Not a necessary baby product

I was given this wipes warmer as a gift when I was a first-time parent.  At first, it seemed like a grand idea!  But, when you really think about it, what do you do when you are out and about with only cold wipes in your bag?

I found this wipes warmer to be totally unnecessary.  I used it for a little while and then stopped after thinking about it.  I think it's a nice idea, but not a necessity.

One thing I found is that if you leave it open, it dries out and the ever-fresh pillow begins to "burn".  I was pretty good about closing it after each diaper use, but my husband never remembered.  You also have to remember to keep the ever-fresh pillow moist, which I could not remember every time.  I wound up giving the warmer away.

I never used anything like it for my second child and she is turning out fine.  A little chill from a baby wipe isn't going to hurt your little one or traumatize them.

I absolutely love this wipe warmer.

Comments about Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer with Everfresh System:

I never thought I would need a wet wipe warmer for my baby so I did not buy one. Well I received this wipe warmer used as a gift from a friend and I am so glad I did. This kept my wipes at the perfect temperature not hot but perfectly warm and this actually made changing my son easier because he did not squirm any more. The only down side was the pad at the bottom had to be constantly moisterized because if you let it dry out it starts to burn the wipes.

Super durable like I said before when this was gifted to me it had already been used and now a year later im still using it for my second child.

I recommend this wipes warmer

Comments about Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer with Everfresh System:

I really enjoyed using this product, it worked really well, it kept the wipes nice and warm for my children's comfort so I never had to use cold wipes on them. I love how it doesn't hardly take any time at all for the wipes to reach a nice warm temperature and how they never get too hot. Also, the actual warmer doesn't get too hot so you don't have to be afraid to leave it on for a long period of time either.

This product is very durable, it has worked for a nice long time without any problems at all.

This wipes warmer worked so well, it only took about 5 minutes for the wipes to be completely warm, they never got too hot and weren't too cold either they stay the perfect temperature for your child. Do remember though that if you're going to cut the warmer off for a long period of time take the wipes out so they don't dry out.

The Everfresh system offers a nice wonderful scent to the wipes, it's not too strong but it's not so subtle that you don't even notice it, it adds a great touch.

great for little bums

Comments about Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer with Everfresh System:

This is a great product. Many thanks to whoever invented it. We used this product with our first daughter. We had bought it when she was born after reviewing several good reviews. It was specially great for her in winters for newborn skin. We decided to keep it for our second child and now we are using it with our second daughter after 4 years and it is still working great. Its efficiency is still the same. It warms up just the same. The pillows that are required inside the warmer can also be bought economically. The pillows do not smell even after browning a little, that to after being used for a long time. They work great. They actually last a long time. They do get dried up after some time but that is to be expected when all the water evaporates. You just wet it under a tap, squeeze it a little and keep it back in the warmer. Does not take long to warm up again. Even the wipes stay fresh and do not smell. We have gifted this item to several of our friends when they had their babies. I have always heard good things about it from them. Great little buy.

Horrible product...

from Florida

Comments about Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer with Everfresh System:

I've never been a big fan of Prince Lionheart products. They have always seemed cheaply made to me. Unfortunately the wipes warmer didn't change my opnion of the company, I was really hoping it would.
The product scrapped out after a handful of uses which further prooved to me that it was cheaply made. The few times that it did work, it didn't even warm the wipes the right way, they were uneven and still mostly cold. The actual design of the wipes warmer is thin plastic, cheap and breaks easily. It cracked the second time I used it.
The price of this wipes warmer is low, which is good because as I said the product isn't worth very much. However even the low price is too much in my opinion especially when the product doesn't work.
In my opinion either spend a few more bucks for a better quality wipes warmer or just go without. I've always thought wipe warmers were kind of a useless invention anyway.

Not durable at all, broke soon after purchase.

It was even worse than I had feared. It was a huge let down.

When warming the wipes it gave off a odd smell.

Great for Cloth Diapering Families!

from Lubbock, TX

Comments about Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer with Everfresh System:

Someone gave us this wipe warmer as a gift after our daughter was born. We were starting to use cloth diapers at the time & I had made some homemade cloth wipes. This is great for cloth wipes! I just got them wet & put them in the warmer. It kept them nice and warm and they never dried out. They don't go through the little slot on top, but disposable wipes do; we just opened the whole thing whenever we needed a wipe. There is a little pillow thing on the bottom that you wet. If it does dry out you can just rewet it. It did turn a little brown & hard on us sometimes, but I just rinsed it out. I think you are probably supposed to replace it more often than we did, but it worked for us! :) We enjoyed having this wipe warmer. It was one of those things we didn't think we would like but ended up loving!

Held up very well for us. We never had any problems.

Works very well. Keeps wipes warm & moist. Perfect for cloth wipes!

Perfect for colder months

from Winterville, NC

Comments about Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer with Everfresh System:

This has been through 2 baby boys all the way to toddler years. It is often listed as an unnecessary item but my boys would disagree! As newborns, it was nice for the diaper changes while they were drowsy bc cold wipes didnt wake them. Now, we may not use it in summer, but by winter, we use it daily! Great product!

not a fan

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer with Everfresh System:

This wipe warmer worked ok with the larger refill packs of wipes. When I tried to fill it with the 72 count huggies wipes from the soft pack the wipes never tore off properly so I had to open it up every time i needed a wipe. After about 2 days I threw it in the garbage because I was so annoyed with it.

Great product that no new mom should be without.

from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Comments about Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer with Everfresh System:

I didn't have a wipe warmer for my first baby and when it was time for the second one I knew I couldn't be without one. My choice was the Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer with Everfresh System and I do not regret my purchase.

Keeps wipes nice and warm for night time changes when the temperature of the room will be too cold for your baby's bum. It is great for changes where the baby is sleeping too as the warmth doesn't startle them out of their slumber like a cold wipe would.

I never got an odor of any kind from this machine which in my opinion is great.

So-so

from Clayton, NC

Comments about Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer with Everfresh System:

My sister in law swears by this warmer and went through 2 with her two boys. She loved the fact that this warmer had the ever fresh pack to keep the wipes from browning. My experience with it is that the ever fresh pack did work, but it was a pain to buy more and to re-wet it. The reason we got another one is that the lid stopped staying shut so we would have to set something on top of it which would inevitable fall on the floor and the warmer would be open drying out. So it's not my favorite product. I then bought a Munchkin warmer and it is great!! It doesn't use an ever-fresh pack but still keeps wipes warm, moist and not brown. The top wipe dries out a bit if you don't use a wipe for a while, but that is a minor thing.

Your baby will thank you

from Palm Bay, FL

Comments about Prince Lionheart Ultimate Wipes Warmer with Everfresh System:

The Lionheart Ultimate wipes warmer was the best thing since sliced bread for my son. Wipes warmer is one of those things that you don't need but once you have one, you'll always use it. This warmer kept the wipes at a warm enough temperature that my son loved. I disliked that the warming pillow inside had to be changed so often. I also disliked that if you did not keep up with it and pour water on the pillow inside that it would severely dry out all of the wipes. The warmer would dry them out to the point where they were no longer usable. Also, you have to keep the warmer plugged in at all times or else the wipes would get back cold. I did not mind leaving it plugged in but it was hard to move around when it was plugged in.