3.6
Other Magazines:
Prevention Magazine

Not worthwhile

The fluff pieces have taken over-- Prevention was health centered magazine---articles like "4 Ways Your Brows Are Aging You—And Easy Tricks To Fix Them." is not health centered and I am certain a little millennial who thinks placing catapillar by cutting their skull and placing dye and fibers --over fake lashes does not constitute a healthy situation. My peer group and I like our thin brows --- we did everything possible to rid ourselves of that unibrow in our teens. ths magazine needs a better proofreading dept.

Texas

If You Must Read, Don't Subscribe

Individual issues of this magazine can be informative and interesting. Unfortunately an annual subscription gets you pretty much the same issue 12 times a year. Only the cover changes in any meaningful way. Also, if like me you fail to renew your subscription without having read the very fine print telling you this is an automatic renewal agreement, you're likely to get the same letter from their Accounts Receivable manager I received. The letter sounded like the last one you get before Guido the Enforcer shows up at your front door with a set of brass knuckles. For Pete's sake, if I don't send you money just stop sending me magazines. Enough with the threats. And then it took three attempts to get my automatic renewal cancelled. These people may be part of the saintly Rodale group but I think their marketing techniques are closer to the Mafia.

USA

false

More hype than it's worth

This magazine sounded great and the free preview issue I got that was very small and had no ads in it seemed great.  However, I have found very little articles that actually apply to me and it is jam packed with drug ad's.  I wish I would not have wasted the money on this subscription.

Bourbonnais, IL

false

Keep up with health news that affects the whole family!

Prevention is packed with everything from informative health articles to interesting little tidbits. There is something for each of us, from the infant, to the child, to the teenager to the aging baby-boomers. Learn to take control of your own body and maintain your health for your entire life. The short tidbits of information are appreciated by the person who is very busy in this information age.

Walker, LA

true

I used to think I was too young for Prevention!

I thought I was too young to read Prevention magazine, that it was for "older folks." But all of the articles appeal to everyone, regardless of age. Mostly I like the easy-to-use tips. For example, the magazine advises readers who drink coffee to add a little milk to the cup to combat the caffeine's calcium-depleting qualities. I started doing that two weeks ago, and although it's hard to know what the exact effects are, I know that I'm helping my body keep calcium working for me instead of it being depleted by the caffeine.

Indian Trail, NC

true

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

Prevention is an excellent magazine. I love the small size. I can slip one in my purse and carry it with me to9 read anytime. I have read so many articles on things I can do regarding exercise to keep fit. I have learned about foods to eat for optimum health. Each issue of Prevetion is loaded with diet adn exercise tips that may keep the doctor away. The articles are well written and often I can share the info with family and friends with great ease. The articles are short and to the point. And Prevention writes in such a way that even a chilod could understand. I like that Prevention uses simplelanguage and does not use technical that you need to decipher. I was glad to read in Prevention that a simple step such as walking in early morning sunshine ill boost vitamin D levels in the body and in turn prevent many cancers. What I do not like is that whioereention is about natural and home remedies, a majority of their adds are for drugs. It kind of contradicts.

Roanoke, VA

true

Prevention magazine is not for me!!

I thought this magazine would be an easy read on keeping up with health issues. All I read are a few articles surrounded by TONS of drug ads. It made me think that the articles seem a bit swayed based on the advertisers. Hmmm! Not exactly what I was looking for.

Fenton, MO

Prevention Magazine - a healthier lifestyle at your fingertips

Prevention Magazine has a lot of useful information in a small package.  At approximately 5" x 7", it's a convenient size to stick in your briefcase, in your purse, set by the bed, put next to your chair or in your desk - anywhere that you can grab it when you want to catch a "quick-read" for a healthier lifestyle. Prevention has Departments on Health, Nutrition, Beauty, Fitness and Recipes.  Feature articles may cover such topics as "Hidden Diet Disasters" (foods that seem to be healthy but aren't) or "Walk it Off" (tailored walking exercise regimens to lift your mood, give you an energy boost or take off pounds). There's even an Ask the Doctors page where you can ask health questions that are puzzling you. If I had one criticism it would be that Prevention includes a brochure in each issue to promote one of their healthier lifestyle books.  I would rather see those pages put toward more content in the magazine or, at the very least, cutting the brochure down to a lightweight flyer and thereby saving some trees! I use the magazine most often for tips on what foods contain what benefits, supplement and vitatmin information and healthy recipes.  Whether you want to find out how to flatten your belly, how to eat to avoid certain conditions or just enjoy reading about a healthier lifestyle, Prevention is a handy little magazine packed with helpful information.

Madison, OH

Not your grandma's magazine

Growing up, I used to always see this magazine in my grandma's home.  I thought it was for old people.  But when I started reading it, it is full of interesting health information.  It has great exercise and workout suggestions, beauty tips, and good recipes.

Westmoreland City, PA

true

Prevention Magazine, a must-read for me.

Although I don't have a subscription to Prevention Magazine, I love the publication and pick up free issues wherever I can. In doctors waiting rooms, on the 'free' shelf at the library, or the donation box of the library. Prevention's articles are just what I am interested in: tips on weight-loss, dieting, fitness, sexual health, etc. This publication is most definately targeted to someone like me. The articles in Prevention are a good source of new information for me. I re-read the articles several times over, for example, I read the fitness articles when I need to be inspired to work out. The articles are so good, that I sometimes share them with my friends. Another thing I like about Prevention is its size. This magazine is about half the size of other magazines, about the size of a small paperback book. This size is so convenient! It makes it easy to store in my house without taking up too much space. It also allows me to keep an issue in my purse in case I find myself in a situation where I am waiting somewhere with nothing to do, I can just pull it out and read because it's so tiny that it fits right in my purse. The only thing I dislike about Prevention is the amount of ads in it. There are not only way too many ads, but the ads usually span 3 or more pages, with useless information and fine print about medications. I don't like that! In summary, Prevention is a very interesting magazine with a convenient size, despite its plethora of irritating advertisments.

Honolulu, HI