Other Space Heaters:

Presto Portable HeatDish Parabolic Heater Plus Footlight 0

Pros

Cons

Excellent heater

Tired of cold feet and chilly winter evenings? What if you need to be in a room besides where the fireplace is or don't need to heat the entire house, but just the one room that you're in? This space heater does an excellent job of heating up a room in a jiffy. Just don't sit too close and make sure not to leave flammable objects nearby. When my family eats dinner, we put this heater on to warm up the room and our little puppy dog stretches out for a nap in front of the heater . . . so cute! This heater is also really light, which makes it portable around the house. There are three settings, low, medium, and high. But you can set it to anything in between those three settings as well. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a space heater!

Does the trick, but I'm sure there are better products out there

This is a heatdish that basically does the trick, but I can't help but imagine that there are simply better products out there. For one, this doesn't turn off automatically when it gets too hot. Instead, it'll let out a screaming screech that'll make you jump out of your chair, prompting you to turn down the heat. Occasionally, it'll go so insane, that even after you've turned it down, it'll continue screching until it's all the way down. It's not always clear why it does this, though I know for certain that it's no where near a temperature that can destroy or burn or set anything on fire. The alarm will also go off when the heater is at an angle, which is obviously a good thing, because when it tips over it can catch carpet on fire.

I'm not sure how much electricity it really saves, either. I haven't seen a noticeable difference in my heating bill, and the heat doesn't seem to stay very long as compared to an air heater.

In conclusion, it's a fair product. Just not a "must-buy" one.

Heats Fast!

Comments about Presto Portable HeatDish Parabolic Heater Plus Footlight 0:

I bought a Presto Portable Heatdish Parabolic Heater recently. Everytime I turn it on it smells like something is burning. Even after I have turned it off, the room still smells like something is burning. I am getting nervous using it. When it's on, it heats up the room very well. I am just getting very nervous with the smell. I keep attributing the smell to it being new!?!

I like how quickly the heater can heat up a room. It's very effective for small spaces. I use it in my livingroom when we are watching t.v. or playing games. It is a great size and doesn't take up alot of space. I find it very easy to use. Plug it in, and turn it on. I also like that it is safe around the pets. I have a couple of dogs and cats, and I don't worry when they get to close to it. Although, it puts off such a strong heat, they don't really get too close to it. Kind of like when the oven is open. They only get so close, and then back off from the heat.

My husband likes to take it out in the garage when he is tinkering out there. He says it works great, and he loves it. I really do like it. I am hoping the burning smell disapates over time.

It performs well. Heats up a room in no time at all!

Very easy to use. Plug it in, and turn it on.

Nothing fancy, looks like a typical heater.

• Safety:

Works great but really dangerous!

Comments about Presto Portable HeatDish Parabolic Heater Plus Footlight 0:

I love how this thing gets your area really warm but I absolutely hate how hot it gets. I've burned myself more times then I can count. I actually almost caught things on fire with it too. You can't have anything near it it's that's dangerous. If your going to use it you would have to put it somewhere not near anything and not near where anyone can accidentally touch it. Other than that it's pretty amazingly warming

Can we say HOT!!!

Comments about Presto Portable HeatDish Parabolic Heater Plus Footlight 0:

The Presto Portable HeatDish does what it says and gets very, very hot. I lived in a converted garage for a few years, where it got pretty darn cold, and this dish quickly warmed me in my room. However, I do remember waking up a few times in the middle of the night being overly hot, had a dry throat, and had to turn it off. There are different heat settings, but I always seemed to get too hot with it on during the night, which kind of defeats the purpose.

This heating dish works pretty well. You just plug it in and it heats immediately. You don't have to wait for it to slowly heat up; it actually does too good of a job being hot.

Nothing complicated, just have it plugged in, away from anything that could melt or burn.

I had one for awhile, a good few years, but then my sister took it. I did buy another Presto though, because they worked and you can get a good price for them sometimes at Costco.

Its small and compact and fairly easy to move around a room, to a specific location. Just if its too close to you, be prepared to feel the heat.

Safety
There is a really cool feature, but annoying at the same time, that if it ever got knocked or lightly pushed, it would let out this high pitched screach type sound; be prepared to hear that if you slightly touch the dish. It would definitely awake you if your were sleeping and it accidently knocked over. Make sure you move this away from anything that can melt or catch on fire though, I have had blankets almost get scorched by it. It also has a light on it that you can see when its turned on.

Great Heater

Comments about Presto Portable HeatDish Parabolic Heater Plus Footlight 0:

I really like this heater. I have many in my home because I only have a wood burning stove in my house. My one big complaint about it is after you have it running for a little while you can not move it. If you touch it you will burn your hands. This product does have safety features on it. If this heater should tip over it automatically turns itself off and makes a annoying buzzing noise. The hard part is to put it back on to its upright position because if you touch it while it is still hot you will get burns on your hands. So what I have ended up doing if it should tip over I run over to the wall and unplug it wait for it to cool down and then stand it back up or you can get oven mitts to put it back up while it is still plugged in. This heater has pretty much stayed in my garage because I am to afraid of my children tipping it over and it catching fire. So if your looking for a heater for your garage this would be it. If your looking for a heater for your house you are on your own.

This heater puts out alot of heat.

This product is big. You can move it around but only if you allow it to cool down first.

It will last you along time. These were made to last.

I like it.

Safety
The only place I believe it would be safe is in your garage away from children.

Very Warm & Toasty!

Comments about Presto Portable HeatDish Parabolic Heater Plus Footlight 0:

I've used the Presto Portable Heat Dish at my office for the last several winters. It sits on the floor about 8 feet away from me and my co-worker. It's been the best portable heater I've ever used.

It radiates a good strong heat for at least 10 feet. It can really heat up a small to medium size room. You don't have to sit right in front of it, either, since the dish projects the heat up and to the sides too. It also does NOT have that awful smell that other portable heaters give off when they're running.

Just plug it in and turn it on. Starts working almost immediately. It heats up very quickly and has a dial on top, so you can adjust the intensity of the heat.

Mine has lasted several years and we use it all winter long.

The dish is in a fixed position, so you cannot adjust it up or down. I can feel the heat from sitting in a chair at a closer distance and standing at a further distance away.

Safety
It has two safety features: a glowing light at the base, so you don't trip over the heater in the dark (or forget that it is turned on and leave it going), and a buzzer that sounds if the heater accidentally gets knocked over. However, I would worry about children or pets being around it, as they might get too close and get burned or overheated.

Excellent Heater

Comments about Presto Portable HeatDish Parabolic Heater Plus Footlight 0:

This heater is wonderful. It gets hot very fast and is capable of warming an entire room. I should warn that you make sure you have an adequate amount of empty space in front of the heater as it can get extremely hot so you don't want anything to catch on fire. That said, I have been using this heater for the past two winters and I love it...its quick, its easy to operate and it works! What more could you ask for.

I have used this heater many times in two years and it still works as good as the day I purchased it. Not a single problem.

You just plug into the wall and turn toggle to low/med/high.

I have had this heater on sometimes for 3-4 day at a time, 24 hours a day, and it is still working as great as the day I bought it.

Safety
I gave this a 9 only because I need to warn again, do NOT have anything in front of the heater because it will present a fire hazard. To me, it is the only flaw in an otherwise fantastic heater.

Power heater

Comments about Presto Portable HeatDish Parabolic Heater Plus Footlight 0:

This is one of our hottest heaters. One dish can really heat quite a large space. We used it in our garage in the winter time and it was nice and toasty. The only down fall is that we have burnt our legs on the backside of the dish before. It really gets hot I would not recommend this to anyone who has little ones running around on the floor. If it can be kept higher up it really is a great value for the heat it produces.

It is by far the warmest space heater we have ever owned. The last quite awhile too. We had ours running strong for about five years before she burnt out. Now only because of the limited floor space we have a different kind. I miss the dish for sure.

One knob, real easy to use. Basically adjust it to your desired temperature.

The backing got way to hot and it seemed a bit dangerous.

Safety
It is nice that if it tips or gets hit at all it makes a loud alerting sound. Unfortunately if you bump it with your bare skin it will burn you pretty good.

• Safety:

Wish I could go back in time and order more!

from Norcross, GA

Comments about Presto Portable HeatDish Parabolic Heater Plus Footlight 0:

I bought a few of these heat dishes a while ago for a really great price and I wish that I had bought more. My heating bill has plummeted thanks to the effectiveness of this great heat dish. It warms the entire room without using too much electricity. I feel that it's incredibly safe and I never worry when I leave it on and leave the room (though it's probably not the best plan). I love that the temperature is adjustable - it doesn't matter how cold it is outside, I ALWAYS feel nice and toasty inside!

• Safety:

I love this heater for the most part.

from Niles, IL

Comments about Presto Portable HeatDish Parabolic Heater Plus Footlight 0:

This Heater was magnificent, it was really warm and really did the job during the cold Chicago nights. The size of this heater was very portable which was good since I was a student so I could carry it from one room to another in my apartment. One thing that I did not like about this heater was that it just heated you from one point instead of heater the whole room up. Also, another thing was if the heater was left in directly in front of you, you could feel your skin burning. So, if you guys buy this heater use significant distance between you and the heater. Thirdly, the metal wires on the heater would get very hot so you would need to be sure not to touch it when it was on for a long period or else you would burn yourself. Another nice component of this heater was the foot light, which could be used as a night light in case you woke up at night and had to move around. So, overall I would recommend this product to some extent, however be careful.

• Safety:

Best space heater I've ever owned!

Comments about Presto Portable HeatDish Parabolic Heater Plus Footlight 0:

I would never purchase a different brand ever again. This one is so powerful that it puts all others to shame.

The heat that exudes from this machine is phenominal. It can heat an entire room within minutes.

The simplicity of the machine is one of my favorite features. I like being able to simply plug it in and receive instant warmth.

We've actually been rather cruel to this heater. It has been battered around the attic, garage, and even visited a few construction sites. However, it still works amazingly well!

This space heater is not the prettiest. However, I believe that the design may be one of the reasons that it works so well. Thus, if you are looking for heat instead of beauty, then this is the one you want.

Safety
It seems safe enough for adults. I hesitate having it near the children though. Of course, that is partly due to the mischievous nature of the kids.