Other Popcorn Poppers:

Presto PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper 04820

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

Easy to use popcorn maker, with or without additives

I love popcorn, especially when freshly popped and warm. The Presto PopLite pops most of the kernals and I can make it plain, add herbal sprinkles or add a flavored butter. It does have a tendency to throw the popcorn beyond the bowl, so I make a shield. I find the butter has to be room temperature to melt in the little tray. it works fairly quickly and does makes a bit of noise. I use mine regularly for movie night at home.

Hot kernels flies all over the place. Not safe!

When you are popping the corn, hot kernels flies out all over. Be sure not to try to pick them up right away, they are very hot. This product is not very safe to use around children, because of the hot flying kernels. Especially when children are at eye level. also, the plastic top is very flimsy. Be sure not to touch it when in use as it is very hot. You have to handle top with care as it will surely crack or break if falls. The inside of the popper is very small sized to clean. And of course you can't get it too wet or ruin the electrical.

Hot corn kernels pops out in all directions except in the bowl. This is dangerous for you and especially around children at eye level. I have ended up putting a light weight kitchen towel on top of the opening and covering bowl so the corn doesn't fly everywhere. The popped corn cools off really quickly.

Settings/Features
There are no settings. You just put in the kernels and put the top on and plug it in. When done popping, you unplug. I see a electrical spark like at the plug each time I pull out the plug. Next popper I look for will have a on and off switch.

The top plastic part is pretty easy to clean with soap and water. But you have to be careful as not to drop it on hard surface, because it is very thin plastic. It's almost like handling a baby or puppy. Afraid to drop. The bottom portion with the electrical portion, is very hard to clean. The cylinder is so small that it is hard to clean inside, since you have to be careful not to get water on electrical part and short out. Your hand won't fit inside with the sponge because of small size. You can wet a towel with soap and water just be careful when rinsing out.

All you have to do is measure the kernels, then place the kernels inside, and a few minutes later, popped corn comes out. But be careful. Popped and hot kernels don't only go into the bowl. A few of the kernels will fly out into the air. And the kernels are very hot. The corn pops only in your bowl but off in space. This popper could be very much improved if there was a on and off switch, so your not pulling the cord out of the wall when its finished.

The top is a very thin, cheap, lightweight plastic. It gets very hot. You have to handle it with care. I carry it very carefully as I am afraid it will fall and break. They should have used a more durable plastic, one with more weight and durability. The bottom of the popper is very well made as far as strength and durability.

Smelly at first, but a great popper otherwise

Comments about Presto PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper 04820:

PROS: Easy to use. Pops popcorn fast.

I recently purchased the Presto PopLite Hot Air Popper and have made several batches of popcorn. When I was a kid, we had a Presto air popper and so I know they are an established company. The popper appears to be well made and sturdy. It takes only a few minutes to pop a very large bowl of popcorn. It is simple to use and easy clean up. I had been making popcorn on the stove before, but would have to wash a pot and a bowl afterward. Now, I just use the scoop on the popper to measure the corn kernels and toss them in the machine. Then I make sure the lid is on and plug the popper in. That's it!

CONS: Initial off-gassing smell. Potential safety issues.

I purchased my popper a couple of months ago. As soon as I removed it from the box, I was struck by this horrible plastic and/or paint-like smell. As I investigated, I found that it was coming from the yellow chute and the inside of the chamber. It concerned me that it was off-gassing, being a product that comes into contact with food. I aired it out for a few weeks and then decided to start making popcorn. When I turned it on the first time, the smell actually got worse, but it did not affect the smell or taste of the popcorn. Each time I have made popcorn the smell has gotten better and is gone now.

The only other thing I would say is a couple of safety warnings: Make sure you read and follow the directions for the popper. This popper can really shoot hot kernels around, even WITH the cover and cup in place. After the popcorn has popped there will be a few kernels left in the chamber. I unplug the popper and LEAVE THE LID ON! There are always a few delayed explosions of popcorn or hot kernels that fly out of the chute -- so be careful!

In summary, this has been a great popper and I am glad I bought it.

• Settings/Features:

It works but leaves popcorn very dry.

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Presto PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper 04820:

I bought this while I was waiting for the lid for my stovetop popcorn maker to get fixed. I figured it would be a good substitute so that my family could have popcorn without the preservatives of microwave popcorn. This machine does work but unfortunately it makes popcorn taste like cardboard. I tried to combat it with liquid butter but then it just tasted like saturated foam. The Presto PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper is healthier then microwave popcorn it is just unfortunate that it tastes horrible.

It does make a lot of popcorn and performs well in popping the popcorn but the popcorn itself is very dry.

This is a very easy machine to clean out.

It is very easy to use this machine. It is just as simple as popping a bag of microwave popcorn in the microwave. I do like that you do not constantly have to turn a handle like I have to with my stovetop popcorn maker.

I only used this twice but it worked well both times.

• Settings/Features:

A great alternative to microwave popcorn.

Comments about Presto PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper 04820:

I have had this machine for going on 4 years, and never had a problem with it. There is little need for cleaning, as it doesn't get dirty while popping. It is fast and efficient, and leaves barely any kernels not popped. You will never burn your popcorn in here like you could in a microwave. Only negatives that I have are the loud noise, and the fact that it comes on when plugged in, as it has no power switch.

We Love This Popper!!

from Morehead, KY

Comments about Presto PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper 04820:

The Presto Pop Light Hot Air Popper is so easy to use and quick. We have popcorn made just as quickly when we made microwave popcorn. But now we know it is healthier and better!!

The hot air popper performance's is great. The directions to use the hot air popper are very simple. I have no problem using the popper. I always end up a consistent batch of popcorn every time.

Settings/Features
I rate this the factor of settings and features at a ten because there are none. You plug the hot air popper in the wall socket for on and pull the plug out for off. It could not be easier.

The hot air popper is easy to clean. You hand wash the top part and wipe the actual hot air popper with a dry towel.

I cannot stress how simple this hot air popper is to use. You put the desired amount of popcorn into the machine (no more than an half a cup). Then you put a bowl under the chute of the hot air popper. Then you plug the hot air popper in and it begins to pop. I do usually tilt my hot air popper back until it actuals produce popcorn. Otherwise the popcorn kernels start to shoot out. Then once the hot air popper pops all the popcorn, you unplug it and wait a few seconds for any leftover kernels to pop. Then you empty the popper of any remaining popcorn. The chute is very hot during the whole popping process but the machine never is. Lastly you season as desired.

I have only had my hot air popper since Christmas. However I did pop over 100 bags of popcorn for a church function in one day and did perfectly fine. I waited 15 minutes in between each popping as directed.

Perfet for me.

Comments about Presto PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper 04820:

I love this machine. I got mine as a gift. It is a little loud but that is fine by me. You do have to make sure you have the bowl position right under the shoot so the popcorn does not end up every where. I like that it comes with the measuring cup and you use the same cup to melt butter to pour over your popcorn if you like. I have not melted butter in the cup yet. I prefer the taste of popcorn popped in this machine or on the stove verses the microwave bags. I prefer the machine since there is no cleaning involved after the use.

Settings/Features
I do wish there was an on/off switch. Instead you do have to plug or unplug the machine in order to operate.

Very easy to clean. I just rinse off the yellow part and dry and put away.

I feel it is very easy to use. older children should have no problems using this machine as long as they are aware that it does get hot and to be responsible around the machine.

Love it!

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Presto PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper 04820:

We got this for a gift a few years back and we love it! No more microwave popcorn! It's simple to use. Just add the kernels and (make sure to place bowl in front of spout) wait for it to start popping out. My husband gets a kick out of it. Then, just add butter and seasonings in your bowl. Done. I don't understand why others are having issues with the cleaning, there really isn't any cleaning necessary. Just dump out unused kernels, done.

• Settings/Features:

Use this product everday!

Comments about Presto PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper 04820:

I asked for an air popper for my birthday because I love popcorn and was trying to lose weight. The popcorn popper was easy to set up and to use. All I needed to have in stock is popcorn. I just pour my popcorn into it until it reaches the designated line, put a bowl under it, plug it in because there is no on or off switch. Let it go and it will just pop away. There is a little butter cup at the top to melt butter. I did try it, but found it doesn't melt it all the way so you wind up having to put it in the microwave. The popcorn maker blows hot air into the base, the popcorn gets hot, starts to pop and then starts pouring out of the spout. Make sure you have a nice big bowl underneath the spout because it makes a lot of corn. My dogs love this because when filled to the line, it overflows my popcorn bowl. When that happens, it spills out onto the floor and they have a snack. So now, when I plug in the popcorn maker, they sit and wait just to see if they get some too! Popcorn pops out healthy and clean, great for anyone trying to lose weight.

Quality Popcorn, quickly.

Comments about Presto PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper 04820:

We bought this hot air popper on sale in early November. As a family of six we need to make a lot of popcorn at once to work for snack or watching movies. This popper does the trick, taking 1/2 cup of kernels at once and heaping our largest mixing bowl. Actually if you have regular size mixing bowls rather than an over sized one, you may need two when making popcorn with this maker. The only caveat I have is that we did plug it in one time with some kernels in the bottom from the previous popping (so they brown from not popping last time) and the popper turned itself off and some "magic smoke" escaped. My husband worried that they popper would no longer work, but once we let it cool down and emptied the old kernels it worked just fine and we haven't had any issues since. I would definitely recommend this popper for its ease of use for the money paid. We are very happy with it.

• Settings/Features:

Popcorn is a great snack for children and adults!

Comments about Presto PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper 04820:

When I was first diagnosed with celiac disease, (about eight years ago),one of the foods I could still eat was popcorn! I ate popcorn almost daily! Now that I'm aware of all the other foods I can it, I eat popcorn about once a week. It is still one of my most favorite snacks. Lately I needed to replace my popcorn popper. So...last month (September 2013) I purchased a PRESTO Hot Air corn popper. I am mostly satisfied with it. It is very easy to use. Step one: put the popcorn seeds into the popper, Step two: make sure the lid is on securely, Step three plug it in! That' s it! Remember to have a large bowl underneath it to catch the popcorn. My five year old grandson and I love to share this snack together when he visits.
In addition, it comes with a butter melter which I also use to measure the popcorn (two level scoops). I melt butter in a saucepan because I usually want more butter on my popcorn than the melter allows for.
It pops the popcorn quicker than a microwave. Also there is no oil used! I really like that! No oil means it's easier to wipe the popper clean.
Although I like the popper, the cord is a bit shorter than I expected. Therefore, I have to use a plug that is very close to the popper.
This is an inexpensive popcorn popper to buy if you are on a small budget.

• Settings/Features:

Quick, cheap, delicious but utterly unremarkable.

Comments about Presto PopLite Hot Air Corn Popper 04820:

This machine performs flawlessly, you plug the thing in and it goes. While this is nothing special in an air popper this is obviously something that is essential given its high similarity to other products.

Relative to similar products:

Pros:
Short and spout shaped well to get the popcorn in the bowl and the searing hot unpopped kernels away from me!

Performs like all other machines on the market.

Cons:
Deep butter well leaves butter unmelted due to lack of surface area.

Special Requests:
Wish I had an ON/OFF switch for once!

Hit:
The machine is shorter than others I have owned previously and includes a spout angled downward towards the bowl. This is important not necessarily for getting the popcorn in the bowl but for the unpopped kernels at the end that fly fast and hot. Better in the bowl than in my face...

Miss:
The butter well at the top should have a larger surface area to melt the butter faster and more evenly if you so choose to have butter at all. The machine is fast but the resultant speed and relatively deep butter well result in unmelted butter.

The outside can easily be cleaned but the inside can never be cleaned from what I can tell. Similar machines share this quality but I would give a 5/5 if this one could stand apart.