Other Specialty Appliances:
Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven

Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven

Pros

Cons

Every home should have one!

The* Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven* has to be the best, most handy small appliance I have ever been given.  It can make any pizza taste great!  Frozen, store bought take and bake, homemade... It is great for more than just pizza!  I have made pretzels, french fries, veggie burgers, chicken strips, mozzarella sticks...the list goes on.

It worked great for a year

We rec'd this item for Christmas 2007 and we loved it.  It cooked the pizza fast and it was really easy to use.  After about 6 months, the top cooker stopped working.  We would have to let it run for a few minutes before the top cooker would turn on.  After about another month, we ended up throwing it away.  It totally stopped working.  It's really too bad, because we used it very often.

Cooks So Much More than just Pizza!

Comments about Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven:

I actually bought my Pizzazz at a rummage sale. I wondered why I thought I needed yet another small kitchen appliance but have found since that time that the pizzazz does so much more than cook a pizza. The pizzas we have done have turned out great - crispy crust with evenly cooked toppings, but we've also used the pizzazz to cook chicken nuggets, french fries, reheat pizza, melted cheese sandwiches and even cookies and cinnamon rolls. This is a very versatile appliance for which there is no preheat time involved saving you time and because it's so small it doesn't heat up your entire kitchen like turning on the oven does. The only thing I would change would be to have it have an on/off switch. Currently, the pan begins rotating immediately when you plug the machines in and then it continues to turn and heat/cook after the timer goes off. I guess that's no different than a regular oven that when the timer goes off the oven is still on, however, with this I feel there could be an off switch that turns off when the time is up. That's really the only downside. It's also small and the pan comes off so it's easy to store. I love my pizza pizzaz!

Pretty cool gadget!

Comments about Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven:

I received mine as a Christmas present and I must admit when I first saw it I had no idea what it was, and I thought there was no way i was going to like this weird looking thing, or that it was going to perform as advertised, But boy, I was so wrong! It's awesome! The first thing I did as a test was baked cookies on it from frozen dough I had. They came out pretty good! Next I cooked frozen chicken strips and pizza rolls, and today I even used it for a real homemade pizza and it works like a charm! It is really fast and cooks the food evenly and doesn't overheat the kitchen. I'm looking forward to finding more things to cook on it! The only reason I didn't give it a ten is I wish it had an on off button for the rotation so you could leave it plugged in because the pan rotates any time the cord is plugged in, but other than that it's a handy little luxury item that I will use at least as much as I use my microwave! You will love it!

Fabulous!

from Arnold, MO

Comments about Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven:

I have had my Pizzazz for over 8 years now and I love it! We eat pizza a lot at my house and this makes quick time of it. No more preheating the oven, just pop it on the pan and turn it on. When I have a hungry kid this saves quite a bit if time and it is very easy to clean up. It is great if you want a quick late night snack. It also doesn't heat up the kitchen.
You can also use it for rising crust pizza, by setting the heating coils to "lower" and cooking the bottom first, then change it to "dual" and it finishes cooking the whole thing. In my opinion, it does a much better job than the oven (especially on rising crust or pizzas loaded with extra toppings). This machine will always produce an evenly cooked crust and perfectly melty cheese.

I do recommend hand washing the pan it comes with. My first pan I washed in the dishwasher and it just didn't hold up. I purchased a replacement pan and have only hand washed it...it has been going strong for 7 years. Nothing sticks to this pan so hand washing is quick and easy.
I will always have one of these in my kitchen. I highly recommend it.

Counter top pizza (and more) cooker

Comments about Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven:

The pizzazz is a wonderful counter top pizza cooker. It cooks a frozen pizza in about 14 minutes. I have used homemade pizza dough and it works quite well. Frozen chicken strips, mini pizzas, just about anything you would put in the oven will cook on this! I have found that I need to remove the pan from the unit when I am done cooking because it will continue to heat the one triangle of the pan that is in the heating area. I strongly recommend this for students and families.

Blows my mind

Comments about Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven:

How a device that looks like this and is this small can cook an entire pizza is entirely beyond me. One thing is for sure, it works. I can't tell you how or why it works, but it makes a mean pizza. Before you go out to buy one of these gizmos remember, your oven probably cooks a decent pizza too.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven:

It does not seem to be able to be consistent in it cooking times of pizza and the pizza never seems to taste as good compared to when I just cook it in the oven. I do try to keep track of the time and temperature setting to find an optimal combination but someting always goes wrongs, not cooked well enough, gets burnt, the cheese doesnt melt quite right. I must also admit that I have never been a big fan of any pizza oven and not much liked the taste of the resulting pizzas.

LOVE it!

Comments about Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven:

A few years ago my Mom and I got our first one! We LOVE it you can cook anything on it without heating up the house with the oven. As advertised it's just for pizza but just about anything you can put in the oven can go on this thing. AND it's the BEST for reheating takeout pizza. We've made tater tots and even pork chops! It really does EVERYTHING! We have two of these and we've bought them for in laws for Christmas and I totally suggest to everyone I know!

great product

Comments about Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven:

this product is fabulous, I don't know why I didn't get this sooner than I did. O got this pizza oven from amazon.com and once it came I quickly used it to make a pizza. it takes about the same as a regular oven but its nice to see your pizza being made and you can quickly add topping any time during the cooking process.

Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven was a Disappointment

from Grundy, VA

Comments about Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven:

I was so excited when I purchased the Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven for my boyfriend because he always makes homemade pizza for us and the reviews were pretty good. I was so disappointed with the way this cooked. We tried to use it to cook one of his pizzas once and gave up on it. We waited forever trying to get it to cook, but after it had already taken twice as long as it would have taken had we just used the oven in the first place, we gave up and used the oven. The most serious problem is that it did not cook the center of the pizza at all. Sadly, this appliance is not worth the space it takes up on the counter or in a cabinet. My recommendation is to save your money and stick to cooking your pizza in an oven or toaster oven.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Presto Pizzazz Pizza Oven:

i received this pizza cooker for christmas. i love it. it is so easy to use and bakes the pizza so evenly. in the summer it does not heat up your kitchen and you save money by not starting your oven. it can be used for baking other items too. such as chix nuggets, french fries, garlic bread. it really is such a handy machine. it is priced affordabley too. i have given several as wedding and graduation gifts. my son has one in his apartment and uses it all the time. the cooking grate is easy to clean. just remove from machine and wash off. sometimes you will get some baked on cheese, but alittle elbow grease is all it takes. i would highly recommend this product!!