Other Popcorn Poppers:

Presto Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper 04821

Pros

Cons

• Settings/Features:

Presto! Orville Redenbacher Popcorn in a Matter of Minutes!

When my husband and I were newly married, we made popcorn almost every night. Remember the aluminum pan with a handle that you would shake over the burner on your stove? Then, came the microwaver popcorn with the chemicals that would stink up your house all night. Of course, I would melt a stick of real creamery butter and drizzle it over the popcorn. Forty years later, we are making air popped corn. I think all that butter clogged my husband's arteries.

We have tried different brands of air poppers over the years, but our favorite is the Presto Orville Redenbacher Hot Air Corn Popper. This electric popcorn maker uses hot air without oil and pops up about 18 cups in two and a half minutes. We can use either regular or gourmet popcorn, our favorite being Orville Redenbacher popcorn.

This hot air popper has a handy measuring cup which you can also use as a butter melter, but we stopped using butter when my husband had his heart attack. There are butter flavored powders available to sprinkle on the popcorn, but nothing takes the place of melted creamery butter!

The Presto Orvile Redenbacher Hot Air Popper pops nearly every kernel, unlike other poppers we have had in the past. We always place a small towel over the popper and the bowl underneath, for some of the popped corn flies out of the bowl with its powerful popping!

What a pleasure to have a low calorie, healthy treat with virtually no clean up!

A little too simple

I thought this was a great idea, it actually really is.  However for what I decided to use this appliance for it wasn't the best bang for my buck.   My Boyfriend and I love popcorn and we thought it would be nice to be able to make myself a quick batch.   My boyfriend was actually the one who wanted this popcorn maker,  so we are only two people and we cannot eat a ton of popcorn, I believe you have to make half a cup at a time (full of kernels) because we tried prepping a quarter cup and we had a dissaster!   Popcorn flying everywhere because there wasn't enough or weren't enough kernels in the dispenser to weigh the rest of the kernels down.  It would also be nice it it came with a container to catch the popcorn that comes out of the shute, because we tried placing a small bown to catch our popcorn and 50% of it flew past the bowl and onto the floor or counterspace.   Our cats loved that part, however after a few minutes of tweaking we figured out how to make the popcorn without a mess.   thus we successfully ate some without making a mess.   I have since resorted to the microwave because for just two people who can't eat 1/2 cup full of kernels (which turns into a TON of popcorn) we had to pass.  We gave this unit to my sister who has a full family (2 adults and 2 kids) they will have better use for it than we did.

Kid friendly popcorn popper

from Weatherford, TX

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Compact
  • Easy to Use
  • Pops All Kernels

Cons

• Buttered Popcorn
    • Healthy Popcorn
    • Kettle Corn
    • Movie Nights

Comments about Presto Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper 04821:

I bought this popcorn popper a year ago today. My kids love making their own air popcorn themselves. This is easy, kid friendly and the measuring cup attachment is great for kids to learn to measure on their own. Hope this helps and happy popping!

I liked it a lot until it started shooting sparks out of it!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Presto Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper 04821:

I have always had a popcorn maker around the house. My family and I love to eat fresh popcorn. I am not a fan of microwave popcorn. Popcorn that was popped from this popcorn maker tasted great! I've had this machine for a couple years now and I haven't had any problems with it until last week. I was cooking popcorn in it and started smelling something burning. The popcorn in the bottom was turning black and there were small sparks coming out of it. I tried to clean it out a little and try again. It didn't work. The same thing happened again. I unplugged it and threw it out. I can't give this a horrible review because I did have it for a couple of years before that had happened. It is still a good price if it lasts you for awhile. It made enough popcorn in our house to make it worth it. It popped the popcorn well. The butter dish at the top melted the butter in a decent amount of time. The machine did get hot, but most popcorn makers do. Apart from the last experience with it I would say that it is a pretty good popcorn maker.

It did a good job of getting the popcorn popped.

Settings/Features
    There isn't much to the machine, but it does what it needs to do.

Cleaning is okay. It could be better.

It is very easy to use and figure out.

BEST Popcorn Popper EVER

Comments about Presto Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper 04821:

When I first started trying to eat healthier I popped popcorn on the stove in a pan with a lid and some oil. I quickly realized there's got to be a better way. Behold, the Presto Orville Redenbacher Hot Air Popper. I measure out the kernels (which are super cheap to buy in bulk) and plug in the machine. I have a bowl full of popcorn and very few remaining kernels. This also pops way more kernels than a bag of popcorn in the microwave. Totally worth the investment.

I've had it over two years and I've never had an issue.

Settings/Features
    Downfall #1: there's no on/off button. You plug the machine in when you want it to warm up, and unplug it when you're all done. Simple. Downfall #2: The tray on top of the machine that "melts the butter" doesn't actually successfully melt the butter. Unless, maybe you're putting just a drop in that tray. But if you're like me and you like a good tbsp of butter, you're better off just melting it in the microwave.

Not much cleaning involved. You dump out the remains when you're done popping. Let it cool and put it back on the counter/in the cabinet/wherever until you're ready to use it again.

So easy anyone can figure it out. Dump the kernels in, plug in the machine, pop the kernels, unplug the machine, eat the popcorn. Doesn't get much easier than that.

I've had it two years. It has lasted through multiple uses and multiple moves. Nothing bad to say here.

Hot Air Popper

from Wake Forest, NC

Comments about Presto Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper 04821:

If you love popcorn, the Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper is a great tool to have in your kitchen. The popper is lightweight and doesn't take up too much space, so if you don't have room to keep it on your counter, it won't be difficult to move it from wherever you choose to store it. The included measuring cup helps to ensure you add the right amount of kernels. Since the popcorn is popped using hot air, popping oil is not necessary (although I still buy some to use as a topping). This also helps in keeping the popcorn a healthy snack. It can be a little loud, but so is popping popcorn in the microwave. Make sure you keep a large bowl underneath the "spout" to catch all of the popped popcorn, and be careful to not touch the top as it can get warm from the hot air. Unlike stove-top poppers where you have to constantly keep an eye on the kernels so they don't burn, once you've put in the kernels, put the bowl underneath, and plug it in, you don't need to do anything except wait for your yummy snack.

Entertaining Popcorn Popper!

Comments about Presto Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper 04821:

I like the Orville Hot Air Popper a lot! It's funny to me to watch the popcorn fly out of it. You need to have the bowl ready to catch it, and it pops a large amount of popcorn. It's also a very noisy popper and you can feel the hot air coming out with the popcorn. It does a great job popping the corn, and never burns it.

This works great!

Comments about Presto Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper 04821:

I love my Presto Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper! I am a huge popcorn fan, and I figured it would be really fun to pop my own. All you need to do is pour the kernels in the top, turn it on, and watch your popcorn flow out of it! The downside to it is that the kernels tend to go wild and you end up with popcorn all over your floor! If you don't mind a tiny clean up, it's great! It's also relatively cheap. I highly recommend this!

• Settings/Features:

A lot of Pop for the Dough.

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Presto Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper 04821:

love the small, easy to store size. The scoop on the lid is perfect for measuring and melting butter. This is a much healthier way to cook popcorn and control the calories and eliminate any negative chemicals that the microwave bags may contain.

Almost all popcorn kernels popped and because they are propelled out into a bowl, they don't get burned like microwave bags.

Settings/Features
    One feature, one setting, really easy to use. The simple, lightweight design makes it easy to move around and store, unlike other more complicated models.

A simple wiping out is all that is needed unless you use the butter melting feature. As long as you follow the directions for the amount of butter to melt, not too much, clean up is easy with simple soap and water.

After one simple lesson, even my young children can pop corn. With the measuring cup built into the lid, overfilling is hard to do.

I can pop several batches one right after the other and it doesn't overheat or burn the later batches.

Orville never disappoints.

Comments about Presto Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper 04821:

This product is a good popcorn maker for those who don't want to pop it in the bag in the microwave. It makes fresh, fluffy, popcorn that is guaranteed not to burn.

Orville doesn't go wrong. This product does what it is supposed to do and does it well. It takes a few minutes, but it is good. The popcorn comes out the way it is supposed to and I have yet to find one burnt piece, after all of these years.

Settings/Features
    It pops popcorn, that's it. It make fresh, just popped, warm, delicious popcorn.

This product requires a simple wipe down. So easy to clean its ridiculous.

This product is dummy proof. It is so easy to use. Plug it in, pour in the popcorn, place a bowl under the spout and wait. It's as simple as that. A kid can use this product. In fact, I was a kid when I first used this.

Orville's popcorn popper was made to last. I got one not to far after the were for sale and I still have it to this day, and it still works.

LOVE IT!

Comments about Presto Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper 04821:

I love my air popper! It is great for making a healthy snack. The microwave bags are coated in butter and even popping your own kernels in oil adds calories. I used the air popper daily while I was on my weight loss journey. I loved how light and fluffy it came out. Plus it is fun to watch, especially for kids.

air pop-popcorn

Comments about Presto Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper 04821:

The Presto Orville Redenbacher's Hot Air Popper uses kernels to produce fresh, hot air popped popcorn. It is simple to use and effective in producing popcorn, quickly.

The popcorn machine consistently pops the kernels, and pops majority as full, tasty pieces.

The shield is removable and able to be wiped down. i feel like it doesn't ever look or feel clean. the remaining components can be wiped down. i feel as though the machine doesn't clean up well or look clean.

The machine is easy to use. to use,, plug it in to an electrical outlet and put kernels into the component. As the machine heats up, the kernels will emerge. make sure the shield is on to guide the pieces into a bowl.

The removable lid does not seem the most durable. It seems very flimsy and not the highest of quality. overall the popcorn machine was given to us as a gift, but if i had to pick one, i would not choose to purchase this model.