Other Deep Fryers:
Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer

Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer

Pros

Cons

you can wash it in the dish washer

My family loves deep fried foods and it seems like at least once a week we get out the deep fryer to make french fries, onion rings, mozzarellva sticks, fried fish, etc.  Now I've used a lot of deep fryers and this is the first one that can be put in the dish washer to be cleaned - the whole thing, not just the removable basket!!!  I absolutely love that.  all my other ones seemed great at first but as time wore on the oil splatter would build up until they were gross, sticky messes that I would just end up throwing out.  Not anymore, now I just throw it in the dish washer and voila it's all nice and pretty again.  On top of deep frying it also can be a steamer and rice cooker.  it is really quite amazing.  the only cons I would give this product are that it uses a lot of oil and it doesn't heat up very quickly (it takes like 20 minutes compared witht the 5 of some fryers) other than that though, it is the best one I've had.

Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer 06003 Makes Great Fries

Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer 06003 is dependable, but it does an average job. The fryer does a good job of making French fries. It does an average job of cooking stews and roasts. I really like to steam things in this fryer. I am surprised at just how quickly things cook. Just from the steam! My three very favorite things to make in this fryer and steamer are French fries, potatoes and rice. Those three things come out almost perfect every time, at least for me they do. I really enjoy making vegetables in this cooker as well. I like to make broccoli, baby carrots, cauliflower and spinach. All of these vegetables are very good for you. I like eating veggies because they are good for my skin, hair and eyes. I don’t want to cook them for long, otherwise essential nutrients are lost. The body of this fryer is made of heavy cast aluminum. It also has a non-stick surface, which works pretty well. I spray mine, just a little with Pam, and that makes the food I make come out smoothly. It is easy to remove the food you cook. You just lift out the basket and drain it. This steamer will serve many purposes and makes cooking fun. Speaking of fun, this cooker, fryer and steamer has a fun design. It will look fashionable in any kitchen. It has a glass cover, metal basket with handle. The Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer 06003 does a good job on the things I named above. It does an average job on other foods. Also, the original price of this is too high for the way it works. That is why, in the end, it gets 3 STARS.

Must try

from McComb Ms

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Easy To Clean

Cons

• Limited Capacity

• Quick Meals

Comments about Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer:

I never been a big fan of frying till I got this now I fry everything just about

Excellent little fryer!

from Ottawa Illinois

Comments about Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer:

I just got one of these about a month ago and it is excellent! If you love to make your own healthier fried foods then this is it to make it in!

We made fried chicken right off the bat and it performed beautifully! The chicken wasn't greasy and it cooked it to the bone in the time that it called for in the cook book. We have also made French fries, waffle fries and steamed vegetables in it as described and all of them came out the way it was supposed to.

IT is easy to use. Pour in the proper level of oil to cook the items you are cooking. Turn on the dial to the heat indicated to cook it and let it heat up. It does warm the oil quite fast, about 10 minutes and you are ready to fry! IT also comes with a handy fryer basket with a long handle that is easy to take food in and out of once you are done frying.

I have had this for over a month and it is holding up well and it's taken a few bumps on the counter but it is functioning properly.

The only thing I didn't like was disposing of the old oil once it is too full of food bits to use. I just waited till it cooled and then used a funnel to put the oil back into the bottle and dispose of it. Once that was done carefully wipe it out with a warm soapy dish rag and dry with a dish towel as you cant get the heating element on the bottom wet.

Perfect size, quick and easy to use and gives perfect results!

Comments about Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer:

I had a Presto Deep Fryer for about 20 years and when it finally started to die out, I made the big mistake of buying a Ginny's brand double deep fryer...it was a piece of junk. So, when I found this Presto fryer or multi purpose cooker that they call it now, I had to buy it. It isn't as heavy as my original Presto Fryer was, so I don't expect it to last me another 20 years, but it is a very nice little fryer. I usually only use it for deep frying and have noticed that this fryer is a little thinner walled than the original. It seems to heat up rather quickly and does a good job of frying the foods. So far, I've only done french fries & fish in it but it only took about 3-5 min. to get them nice and golden brown. The basket is not as deep as my old fryer's basket but is still a good adequate size for my needs and even though it isn't as deep as the other basket is, it still sits on the bottom of the fryer so the oil completely covers whatever you are frying. The bigger basket on my old unit was mostly wasted space anyway. My one complaint about this basket is the handle. Both this fryer and my old fryer have the removable handle on the basket. This handle does not lock down securely; so when you're using it, the little lock bar lever raises up causing the handle to slip around. This could cause a person to get burned with hot oil if the handle slips loose. I've tried pushing it down more securely, but it doesn't stay down. I think it's because this basket is shorter in depth so the handle is also shorter in depth and the little lever to lock the handle down doesn't go that far down forcing the pressure to tightly lock the handle in place. Prior to buying this one, I was concerned about the new magnetic cord assembly. The junky Ginny's brand I bought had these magnetic elements on them too, and would not stay on. You had to physically stand there and hold the heat element in place to keep it from going off. This heat element on my Presto Cooker is very secure and is made in 2 pieces. The first piece is a probe that slides into the cooker itself and has the heat control dial on it. It has electrical pins built into it that attach to the the second piece that is a magnetic coupler on the cord assembly so the pins keep it secure so it can't shut itself off from the weight of the dial against the magnets. Hard to explain, but this magnetic safety cord is really nice and works very well. It is not flimsy at all and I do not have to hold it in place to keep it turned on. Great Technology on this one. The Ginny's brand was just 2 magnets attaching together to keep the unit turned on. No pins to hold it level or in place, so as a result it was constantly turning itself off. I also want to mention that the assembly of this cooker is very easy. You do have to install the legs and handles but they go on with a simple screw driver and the legs have nonstick rubber tabs on the bottom to prevent the cooker from sliding around on the countertop. The handles seemed a little strange to me because they do not fit flush against the cooker but I assume it's made this way to prevent the plastic handle from being tight against the hot side of the cooker when it is on. The whole complete surface inside and out is nonstick which is really nice for cleaning. This unit also comes with a few recipes on how to use each function of the cooker. Simmer, deep fry, braise, steam, boil or blanch, it does it all. And, they give a good timetable listing for frying foods which comes in handy too. I love that this cooker is lightweight and easy to move around. The Ginny's brand was so heavy I could hardly lift it onto the counter. Wish I could give a review of it, but they only show the single unit here on ViewPoints. I loved my old Presto Deep Fryer and I love this new Presto Options multi-cooler/steamer! You won't be disappointed!

Fryer

Comments about Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer:

This deep fryer is perfect for me because when I deep fry foods, I'm not doing it for a lot if people. It is some what small compared to others on the market but it still gets the job done.
It is a pain to clean, as would any other deep fryer would be.
The low price makes this deep fryer an excellent choice for a low cost yet good quality deep fryer.

The swiss army knife of kitchen cooking tools.

from Flushing, MI

Comments about Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer:

This unit really is a dynamo of cooking proportions. It really does anything you want it to (except make ice cream). As for a fryer it is particularly great but with the added utility of simmering, steaming, etc, it really puts it above the rest.

Works great. It has consistently performed well and handled the different challenges I could throw at it. I was hesitant to rely on it for some things other than just deep frying but it has shown me what its really capable of.

Very simply machine. Just follow the simple instructions and you wont have any issues.

The basket design is just great. It really is an upgrade to the typical fry basket. I like the over all bucket shape because I feel it makes the unit more durable and stronger.

As with and fryer, cleaning up oil and grease can be quite distracting from the overall performance of the unit. All pieces clean up very well however.

donotlike this deep fryer

from hastings, FL

Comments about Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer:

I really did not like this deep fryer. It is very basic has a small capacity. It seems to take a while to heat up as well. It does do the job of frying items but it also seemed to leave them feeling like they were full of grease. It is super messy and the outside gets so hot steam or smoke come off of it. Its extremely messy and the basket broke after just a few uses. My biggest concern on this deep fryer is the plug in park and how it gets. I honestly would not buy this deep fryer again. The basket is very flimsy and will not hold a lot of weight and it broke when i had a batch of fries coming out the fryer. It burnt my hand pretty badly. I think the concept is great but the execution is not right. This is truly a you get what you pay for you mantra. The power cord is to short as well and puts the fryer very close to your outlet and wall. I dont recommend this fryer upgrade and get a safer model

Convenient size for a mutli-tasking product

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer:

I purchased the Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer 06003 because of the fact that I could do more than just fry in it. I thought it would be a space safer and that I was willing to sacrifice some quality for space savings. Well I was wrong – I didn’t have to sacrifice any quality. This fryer both steams and fries to perfection. I have made fries in it and also made rice in it. Both things turn out great. I have cooked veggies – both steamed and fried – and they have turned out great. The only downfall is making sure all the oil residue is out of it for steaming so that none of the fried flavor gets steamed into the food. Other than that, this has been a great multi-use product. It is not a huge fryer / steamer but if you are just cooking for a small family or couple, the size is not an issue. I highly recommend this for anyone who has kitchen space issues or a lack of storage. It is a quality product.

Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer 06003 Makes Great Fries

from Stockton, CA

It is OK...

from Northeast AR

Comments about Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer:

This is my third fryer. I mention that I don't like fryers and one of my friends decided to challenge me with this one because she feed her family a lot of fried food and she recommend me this one. She said she likes more expensive ones, but she wanted to try this one first because she believes simple ones work just fine. I make tempura a lot and do it with just oil in a small pot. I thought I would do it without the basket in it. Because I have to adjust the temperature of oil quickly according the sound I hear, electronic appliance doesn't work. And this one wasn't an exception. It did an okay job for panko fried meat, but still it was hard to adjust the temperature to get perfect brown color I expected. So, I am back at my traditional method. I would still use it for frying frozen french fries. I can do in a larger batch and the fryer works perfect for them.

Satisfactory if fine tuning while cooking is not necessary.

I would say the one with the lid attached to the fryer was easier to use.

I never liked cleaning fryers, and this one is not an exception. As for any fryers, if you leave old oil in the pot for a long time, it is hard to get the grease off even with excess scrubbing.

A cheap alternative for a deep fryer.

Comments about Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer:

I wanted to pick up a deep fryer for occassional use, but I did not want to invest alot of money on another appliance. The Presto Multi-Cooker Fryer and Steamer is advertised as a devise that will steam, boil, and deep fry. I have never used this device as anything other than a deep fryer.

The Deep Fryer does a great job of heating up to the selected temperature. A light on the dial lets you know when the deep fryer has warmed up to the selected temperature. I will say that this deep fryer can make a crazy mess while operating because it does not have a lid that closes like some of the more expensive deep fryers.

This deep fryer is easy to use, easy to install the oil, easy to set up, easy to select the temperature you want, and easy to clean up. I thought it would be a nightmare to clean the grease off of the deep fryer basket, but it was not.

Very durable product. I don't think this product is quite as durable as the more expensive, more heavy duty deep fryers, but for the price, it is well made.

I thought cleaning this appliance would be a nightmare, but it was not.