Other Rice Cookers & Steamers:
Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer

Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer

Pros

Cons

This cooker is the only one you need for most anything you cook.

I use my Presto Kettle all of the time.  I especially like the fact that I can brown my meat right in the same kettle that I make a pot of chili or stew - I am making chili as I write this.

I can throw a roast in and continue with everything I else I need to get done around the house or run errands away from home and know that supper will still be ready on time.  Toss in my potatoes and carrots, maybe some little onions and I'm set.

This kettle also works great for deep frying.  We use it for everything from french fries to fresh Catfish nuggets and everything always comes out delicious.

It can also be used as a steamer so you don't even have to purchase a separate appliance to get those healthy, tasty steamed vegetables.

The Presto cooker cleans in a breeze.  It is all completely non-stick and once you pull the heat control you can submerse the entire pot in your dishwater or place it in your dishwasher.

The Presto Kitchen Kettle would be the perfect wedding, or anytime, gift.  I would choose this appliance over all of my other cooking/roasting appliances.

Good Fryer But Needs Stronger Legs

When I would deep fry things in the past I always used a tall, thin pot to keep splattering and splashing to a minimum. I wasn't sure about using this to steam vegetables but it worked perfectly for a half head of cauliflower or broccoli, stalks of asparagus or half ears of corn. The key to successful steaming with this is size; if things aren't uniform you are going to end up with raw pieces or ones that are mushy. As far as frying is concerned, this does a good job of controlling the temperature even when you are adding frozen foods to the oil. I do not suggest leaving the oil in this if you are going to be using it less than three times a week as it can develop a rancid scent to it - even more so if you are frying fish or chicken in it. The only thing that I would improve about this is the legs; they need to be wider and a little stronger so they can support the fryer when it is full and in use. I don't have kids running around or bumping into things but if I did I would have to make sure that there was no way that they would be able to knock this over or bump something that could fall into or onto it.

Good Fryer But Needs Stronger Legs

from Pittsburgh, PA

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Low Splash
  • Multi-purpose

Cons

• Difficult to Clean

• French Fries
  • Side Dishes

Comments about Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer:

Love Using With My Veggies.

Comments about Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer:

I really do love using the Presto Kitchen Kettle to steam my vegetables. It is simple, quick, and easy to use. You simply place the food items in the basket and drop down into the boiling water for desired time. The handle makes it super convenient and is thoughtful of the makers. The price is chesp, so how can you really go wrong with thid thing. I am quite impressed, and never hve to think twice about eating healthy, when they are so easy to cook with this little kitchen wonder.

It is self explanatory in most ways. The performance is how well the consumer can utilize the product. I have become a master using the Presto kettle. I have not even found all the uses yet!

It cleans well in the dishwasher, but would probably clean just as fast in the sink, by hand washing.

Probably is not as durable as a more high end brand, but good for the bucks worth. Who can really tell the difference once the food is done, right?

Great for all homes

Comments about Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer:

I absolutely love my presto cooker/steamer. I have 4 kids and this is perfect for making tons of different foods in. I have used it for steaming vegetables, deep frying, and cooking a variety of meats. I like that I can use this to make just about anything. I have definately cooked a lot more since having this and make a larger variety of foods. It cleans up really easy and is easy to use. It definitely can replace a lot of kitchen appliances. People can save money by buying this rather than 3 or 4 seperate appliances. It also would be good for people with a small kitchen space.It would make a great gift for any level cook. I bought one for my mom, who doesn't like to cook, and even she likes using this and her food comes out better than her old ways of cooking.

It's definitely worth buying because of the variety of foods that can be cooked in it.

Very easy to clean, I haven't had anything stick to it yet.

It's so easy to use that anyone can cook with it and get good results.

Hit or miss on temperature

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer:

I purchased the Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker several years ago to mainly make french fries. The build of this cooker is structural sound and hasn't given me the notion that this would change any time soon. This machine has produced golden brown fries for me every time I used it. The only downside to this product is that the heating isn't 100% accurate. During the preheating process this cooker will cut off when it reaches my desire temperature, but in reality it hasn't. I usually just let the cooker heat up for about 15 minutes before I do any cooking. Eventually the cooker does reach my desired temperature. The clean up process for this cooker is easy and doesn't consume too much of my time. I just drain the oil and rinse the cooker off in the sink. I wouldn't recommend the Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker to anyone that needs to deep fry a particular food at an exact temperature because this cooker can be hit or miss, but I enjoy it.

Fast fryer or steamer!

Comments about Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer:

I received this Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer as a wedding gift 8 years ago, and it is still going strong. I generally use it for frying as I have another appliance that I use for steaming. This sturdy little machine quickly fries up a variety of food to feed my family of four. It heats up quickly and using the included basket, will crisp up your fries, cook small drumsticks, and pretty much fry up anything you drop into it.

It comes with a temperature dial so you can adjust it to the proper temperature for whichever food you are cooking. No more too hot or too low heat oil to cook your food! The basket makes it easy to put your product into the oil, as well as take it out. The handle hasn't gotten too hot while making food because it is separate from the basket itself. The lid is very useful if you are not going to be throwing our your oil after every cooking, so it keeps debris out of the oil.

The cord disconnects easily and makes the cooker easier to store.

Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/ Steamer

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer:

This is a wonderful multi-cooker that not only fry foods, it steam foods as well. I use this product to primarily steam foods such as potatoes, squash, cabbage, egg plants, lobster, crab legs, whole fish, roast and pork chops. Everything I have prepared in this multi-cooker has come out excellent.

There is different control settings to choose from to adjust the cooking temperatures. There is also a versatile basket that you can use to either fry, steam or boil your foods. The multi-cooker itself is made from heavy cast aluminum and the lid is made from tempered glass. This product is dishwasher safe and is very easy to clean. This product is easy to store since it doesn't take up a lot of space. I store my multi-cooker underneath my kitchen cabinet.

This product is very helpful if your cooking multiple dishes at one time and no longer have an available range free on your stove. It's also handy if you wish not to cook on your stove range as well. I have used this product to prepare meals outside on patio while hosting parties.
This is a great product and I would recommend it.

It cooks food evenly.

Very easy to clean since food does not stick to the product.

The only steamer I will ever use!

Comments about Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer:

I have had this Presto kitchen kettle multi-cooker/steamer for several years and I use it for almost every meal in the house, like chili, stew, soups, pot roast, and cauliflower/cabbage chowder. There are many things that can be cooked in this Presto Kettle which is what makes it such a have to have item when I'm cooking any meal even breakfast! This Presto Kettle makes fast,delicious, and perfectly boiled eggs which comes in handy with a demanding one year old who wants her breakfast as soon as possible every morning.

The Presto Kettle cooks every meal to perfection and takes up very little energy to cook.

So easy to clean that it feels like cheating! The presto Kettle's non-stick coating makes cleaning this clever contraption incredibly easy to clean thoroughly and perfectly every time.

Turn a switch to the temperature you want and wait for your food to be cooked to delectable deliciousness!

We actually use metal utensils and we don't have a problem at all with any scratches or anything like that.

One of my favorite multi-purpose kitchen tools!

from Westlake, LA

Comments about Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer:

Although I have not tried all of the features on this product, I love the Presto Kitchen Kettle.
It doesn't take long to boil water, and is even faster than trying to boil water on the stove. This is also a great tool for making one-pot dinners (like spaghetti and chili) and the best thing is that you can leave it in the pot and keep it warm until your company arrives with the adjustable heat dial. Some other things it would be easy for is taking less stove space up when you want to make something as simple as noodles or rice.
Clean up is also easy with the non-stick coating.
I had wanted an electric skillet and my husband had wanted a deep fryer, so we compromised on this. I have to say, so far I don't regret this purchase. It works great for cooking in small spaces, like an RV or even a motel room.

It seems to boil water faster than it would take on the stove.

Wipes clean very easily.

A great kitchen accessory.

Comments about Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer:

This tool is great for all your rice making needs. Your rice will come out perfectly every time. The rice comes out fairly quickly and requires no supervision while it cooks. The rice cooker stops when the rice is done and stays warm. It can also be used to steam vegetables as well. The biggest issue with this product is the clean up. The rice will occasionally stick to the bottom and sides.

The rice is perfectly cooked every time and no supervision is required when cooking. Also very little maintenance is necessary.

Rice sometimes sticks to the bottom and the sides. This can be difficult to clean up and may require soaking.

This is a pretty easy to use tool. It can be a little difficult to use at first but after a few cooks it is very easy.

This a solid piece of kitchen equipment. It is somewhat easy to scratch though.

It is a good design and easy to use. It is easy to store and take apart as well.

Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi Cooker Steamer is Great!

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Presto Kitchen Kettle Multi-Cooker/Steamer:

Healthy eating is very important to both my sons and I. Vegetables are a favorite in our household and this steamer works well. It is very versatile and you can do many things with it from rice to vegetables , soup and meals as well as deep fry although I have not done that with it yet because we don't like to cook in grease. The vegetables come out perfect and you can put in all kinds and they all steam great. The rice comes out perfect. I am going to try soup in it soon and I am sure it will be great. It has many functions which means less clutter of other cooking items in the kitchen. I can store this in my cabinets also. It does take up a bit more space but since it serves so many purposes I have less pots and pans. It cleans up pretty easy also and does not have a lot of pieces to clean. I would recommend this to any cook or homemaker.

Works well and is easy to use.

Cleans up easily with a minimum of time

Easy to use