Other Deep Fryers:

Presto Fry Daddy

Pros

Cons

Cook Tasty Food in Half the Time

Baked foods are great for those who want to cut back on fat and calorie intake. With the absence of oil, the oven provides a safe haven for those who wish to eat food in its most unadulterated state, free from the bogeymen known as calories and fat that frying and other forms of food preparation can add to your favorite meal. But sometimes, the taste of fried food hits the spot, even if it does tack on some guilt to the eating process. And one electric device that helps make frying simple is the **Presto Fry Daddy**, an easy to use appliance for deep frying your food.

**Deep Fryer Commentary:** Presto's Fry Daddy deep fryer offers a nice alternative to cooking food in the oven and among its positive traits, its ease of use ranks the highest. Oil is added until it reaches the inside fill line. Then, you plug the cord into a socket and wait about ten minutes for the oil to get hot. Using the slotted metal scoop, you lower your food into the deep fryer, stir a few times, and a few minutes later remove the food using the scoop. The slots in the scoop help to drain out the oil. Once your meal is finished, you just allow the oil to cool, cover the container with the plastic lid, and forget about it until next time. After a few uses, the oil will need to be discarded and replaced. There is no rule for the number of uses per fill-up. You just have to judge for yourself. Depending on what you cook in the fryer, it can last for up to three or more meals. The crispness that deep frying adds to foods makes a noticeable difference in taste and this is the main reason why people choose deep frying over baking. I have used my Fry Daddy for several different foods but the one that is improved the most by deep frying instead of baking is fish filets/fish sticks. Prepared in the oven, frozen fish is often a little soggy and not very appetizing. With deep frying, the fish sticks come out uniformly crispy and delicious without a hint of sogginess. And the cooking time, by using this deep fryer, is cut in half. The same is true with other foods. Using Presto Fry Daddy for fish means that I cannot get as many uses out of the same batch of oil as with other foods. Fish tends to make the oil smellier and it needs to be replaced after maybe two uses. If you plan to deep fry things like French fries exclusively with your Fry Daddy, then you can expect to get more uses out of the same batch of oil. Yes, there will still be small particles left in the bottom of the oil and they will accumulate with each use. But they will not produce the smell and mess that fish filets make and therefore you will get more mileage out of the same oil. As for its bad points, Presto Fry Daddy cannot be placed in water which means you have to wash it out by hand. I don't find this a big deal because it cleans so easily but I know that some consumers will be turned off by the fact that they cannot place the unit in a dishwasher. Another complaint some may have is the automatic thermostat. The unit is either on or off. You cannot control the temperature because there is no thermostat control. If it is plugged in, it is turned on. Once you unplug, it is off. I don't mind this because the automatic thermostat heats the oil to boiling and keeps it there, and that is exactly what I want. Again, some consumers may not like this. Probably the greatest con to this type of appliance is the danger of burns caused by the oil. The oil, once heated, is *very* hot and it could easily cause a serious burn if a large amount splashed out and came in contact with skin. You should never place foods with excess moisture into the hot oil, because the water will cause popping and splashing when it comes in contact with the oil. The outside of the unit is very warm to the touch when in operation, so you need to avoid touching it while in use. **Bottom Line:**

Presto Fry Daddy might have a few shortcomings, but this is one appliance I plan to use for a long time. I won't use it every day or even a few times per week. I will only use it when the occasion calls for it: when I want to prepare fish filets or other frozen food that needs to be crispy to taste best. Yes, deep frying does add more fat and calories to food but for an occasional treat, it's worth the added guilt.

Presto Fry Daddy 05420 Is For The French Fry Junkies

Presto Fry Daddy 05420 is really stylish and it works. It does an amazing job on frying French fries. I expect nothing less from a fryer. It will save you money on oil because you can make a lot of foods with less oil. It has a built-in preset thermostat for making your foods come out great every time. This fryer features easy controls for accurate frying. I like using the nonstick surface feature of this fryer, because I dislike taking a long time to clean things. The nonstick surface works inside and out. The basket isn’t messy. I like the scoop that comes with this fryer. It will lift out the food you make easily. You can stir and drain things with the scoop as well. The exterior of this fryer will not burn you because it is cool to the touch. You can see what you are cooking anytime you want. I like making shrimp, chicken, French-fries, onion rings and other tasty foods. I even like making vegetables in it. I really like the color and design of this fryer. It is chic to look at, and it will brighten any kitchen. Even the top of this fryer is trendy. I like the size of it as well, for easy storing, when not in use. I think this fryer might keep your electric bill down. The design of this fryer is cute, but it can be dangerous. After all, you will be dealing with grease a lot. Overall, it does a fair job on what it was made for. The price of it is not bad either. The Presto Fry Daddy 05420 is perfect for a French fry junkie.

So so...

from Cassatt, SC

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Delicious Results

Cons

• Difficult to Clean
  • Limited Capacity
  • Wears Out Quickly

• Snacks

Comments about Presto Fry Daddy:

It seems cheaply made to me. The connection sometimes gives out on me and I have to wait longer for it to heat up again. I feel like I can never get it truly clean and that leaves a greasy odor which I hate. The handle is flimsy and the plastic lid can't go on until long after the unit cools off. It gets the job done for some easy french fries though and they usually taste pretty decent.

The only deep fryer I would ever consider.

from Fort Knox, KY

Comments about Presto Fry Daddy:

I cant say enough about this deep fryer. My grandmother, mother, and I have always had this brand and I am completely loyal to it. It has never let me down, and is always consistent. This fryer has been a staple in our kitchen for generations and will continue to be as long as quality remains as high as it is today.

The temperature stays consistent, and has proven itself time and again capable of frying anything I decide to put into it. Frozen foods are not a challenge either, I know you aren't supposed to put frozen stuff into hot oil due to the water that could be on the food, but I have always been careful and never had a spillage or any problems.

How much simpler could it be to just plug it in and go? Waiting a few minutes until its up to temperature is not a hassle, as it truly is just 3 to 4 minutes. Other fryers I have seen and tested (on the off chance that something could be better than this) have all been sub par. One fryer even took 20 minutes to heat up! I could have cooked my food and been enjoying it in that time.

I had the same fry daddy deep fryer for 10 years. I finally gave it up because it was so old, I was afraid the cord connector was worn out. It showed no sign of age however, and I donated it to a local goodwill.

It cleans like a dream. Pour out the oil, and wipe it with a paper towel. It is so simple, and food and oil don't stick on the outside of the container either. Everything wipes off with ease.

This Fryer Was Not Made To Last

Comments about Presto Fry Daddy:

I received this as a wedding gift. I thought it was cute and used it mostly to deep fry french fries. I used it for 4 months and it did exactly what it was suppose to do. The downfall was their is not a basket and it is pretty small. The first time my husband used this fryer it was a disaster. When he was carrying it to the counter to use it the handle broke off. Then as he was using it the connection for the cord would short out. So it would get hot then become cold. Then when he was putting it back he put the lid on it and I dont know why they decided on making the lid plastic but they did and the lid ended up melting all over it. It literally took me over 3 hours of constant scrubbing and even taking a butter knife to the plastic before I got most of the melted plastic off. After that I threw the fryer in the trash. I then bought a different brand with a metal top and have never had a problem since.

It took a good amount of time to heat up.This fryer worked ok until my husband touched it. I think he may be bad luck.

It will fit just about anywhere. This fryer is small.

This Fryer was not meant to last. Everything on it just started breaking.

This fryer has to be the hardest thing I have ever tried to clean.

Presto Fry Daddy is all a single person could need.

Comments about Presto Fry Daddy:

I love this mini deep fryer. It is good for single individual to make a small amount of whatever you need deep fried. It's also so convenient and light weight that you can put it up after use without a second thought, giving you more counter space.

The Fry Daddy does a wonderful job as far as performance. It heats up in a small amount of time and it does it's job just as well as a bigger fryer would. It literally takes minutes to heat up the oil, cook your food, and your done.

This product is so easy to use. You just pour in the oil, and plug the bad boy in and it does the rest.

I have owned 1 fry daddy for many years. It last and lasts. The only part that not only I've messed up but multiple others I know, is the darn lid. I would say that the lid is the only down fall. It melts so easily and you would not believe how easy it is to do that. Once the lid is lost, you have to find an alternate cover for it, if you keep the oil in it. I suggest aluminium foil.

This product is easy to clean. You just pour the oil out and rinse and wipe down the insides. You have to make sure to wipe off the outside as well. You definitely do not want to leave any residue on the outside of the fryer for too long; then it will coat on and be hard to get off

Reliable

Comments about Presto Fry Daddy:

Overall product is great.With its precise temperature to fry most common food items such as chicken,fish,and french fries.Most people say you get what you pay for but with this deep fryer you get more than what you paid for.Very nice value and easy storage.I would recommend this product to anyone that would listen.Overall rating 5 star quality.

Last a very long time
Can be cleaned in water!

Good fryer for occasional use

from Chesterton, IN

Comments about Presto Fry Daddy:

I got this deep fryer after my Euro-Pro bit the dust and I have to say I am pretty happy with it. It is a basic fryer and has no fancy buttons or features. For the occasional fryer though, like me, this is perfect.

A couple of issues thought. First, upon moving I almost lost the cord to it since it does come off. I wish the cord was attached to the whole unit and not detachable.

Secondly, the fryer itself gets hot. The inside is even hotter. If you have children consider only using this when they aren't around or are occupied by something else. Also, if you counter top is not a material that can handle heat, consider putting and old wooden cutting board underneath this fryer to absorb the heat. Before I used to just place it right on my counter, which is laminate, and when I was done using it the counter would be extremely hot where I had fryer place. This made me a bit worried so I started putting an old wooden cutting board underneath it to absorb the heat.

Lastly, it doesn't splatter too much but I wish it did have some sort of splatter screen.

Good Basic Standby!

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Presto Fry Daddy:

Grew up with one of these. We used these for anything from french fries to donuts. I don't remember ever having any issues with it. I've never had one because I don't do much frying but I don't remember ever having problems with it. And I think we may have had a total of two for the entire growing up years so pretty sure they last quite a while. Always made good french fries or whatever we wanted to fry. Very easy to use and very reliable. Very effective. Basic, to the point, does the job, lasts. Just the kind of thing you want to use. Of course, I think that it's best to bake or saute but if you have to fry this is the good standby to have.

Good!

Very simple and easy. No need to complicated stuff.!

Lasted us a long time

Not dishwasher safe. Can't submerge it cause it has the cord on the main part of the unit. To my recollection, oil only needs to be changed every so often so it doesn't need to be washed all the time.

Ok for occasional use

from Fort Lauderdale, Fl

Comments about Presto Fry Daddy:

I bought this as a trial deep fryer since I didn't want to invest in one of the larger more expensive models with more options. For a basic fryer it works OK. I find that the open design tends to make more of a mess and can splash out some grease if you are not careful. Since there is not a basket for the food you are frying then you need to scoop the food our with the metal spatula like product that comes with the machine. This can be a bit messy again. The more deluxe models have a basket and a lid that would make it more convenient and less messy. The lid would keep the grease from splashing out while cooking and the basket would make it easier to get the food out when done. Sometimes it is better to spend a little more for some features than trying to save money. If you don't fry often then this may not be an issue for you.

It does the basics of frying fine. It just is messier as I said before. Also since it is a more basic model you will need to get a stainer for the oil if you want to reuse it. Some more deluxe models have that built in so it strains it as you drain the oil from a spout at the bottom of the machine.

Pretty easy to use turn it on and let it heat up then put your food in until done. Then since it does not have a basket the scooping the food out with the spatula like product can be a little more of an issue than if it had a basket.

The product seems well built and should last awhile. It is just too basic of a model for me.

clean up is OK except if you want to reuse the oil you will need to get a strainer and try to pour out the oil through a stainer and into another container.

Fry daddy

Comments about Presto Fry Daddy:

I give this fry daddy an overall rating of very good. I'd say excellent if I could! My friends and family love when I make all kinds of foods in my deep fryer. This brand works very well and its easy to use and clean.

I give a rating of very good in the performance of this deep fryer. Its ease of use astounds me and its very good at its job. Fries foods quickly and perfectly every single time I use it. We love this product and couldn't imagine not having one!

This product is very easy to use and clean. I have arthritis so it can be hard for me to use and do things sometimes but this deep fryer makes it very simple for me and without hurting my hands.

Its very durable and strong, it can take a beating. We use mine all the time and it still works as good as it did the very first day we bought it. Its a reliable brand that stand the test of time, always a brand I trust and recommend.

Having hand pain and arthritis it can be difficult for me to use certain kitchen appliances but this brand and product make it easy to use. Its not hard to clean and it cleans up very well.

Presto Fry Daddy 05420 Is For The French Fry Junkies