4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Great for Us

I bought this deep fryer for my husband after he saw it advertised. I wasn't too crazy about him deep frying items because I don't think they're the healthiest foods for him. However, he was determined to deep fry his french fries and other quick foods, so I broke down and bought it. He loves it. As for me, there are good and bad points for this fryer. First the good. The basket is just great for lowering the food into the oil. Because the lid can be shut before you lower the basket, there is no splashing of grease on our counters. It's very easy to raise and lower and is a nice safety feature. The see through top lets us watch the food as it cooks so we can make sure that we get it to the correct color before we take it out. Also prevents burning because we can see the food. It doesn't take very long to get to correct temperature. It cooks everything we've tried so far to perfection including french fries, onion rings, shrimp, fish, and most anything else you can think to deep fry. I even punch holes in canned biscuits using a thimble and fry them as donuts. Sprinkle with sugar and they're just great.

Now the bad or shall we say, the not so good. It really takes a lot of oil to fill to the proper level and we find ourselves wasting a lot of oil because we don't use it everyday and have to change the oil so frequently. I also change the oil after frying fish or shrimp as I don't like that taste in my nonseafood foods. White is not a good color for a deep fryer! Impossible to keep clean and very hard to clean - especially the basket. A real nighttmare! Finally, the odor. It has a filter, but it really doesn't do anything to eliminate that fried cooking grease food smell. After cooking anything, that odor lingers in your house. So, if you're determined to deep fry, this fryer is a good bet. If you're a clean freak, not so much.

Not worth it.

My wife tried to talk me out of purchasing this deep fryer, and I wish I would have listened. It fries the food just fine, and the basket fits a decent amount of food--don't expect to fry wings for a large group of people because it will take you FOREVER. But, the oil has to be changed almost everytime we use it. The outside of the fryer is nasty. It is soo difficult to clean and keep clean, so it is a hassle. It is also a pain to store. Beacuse of how dirty it is, I do not want it on our counters, and it is too bulky to store under my counters. It also leaves the worst smell that lingers. We have owned other deep fryers, and have never experienced the smell as bad. On a positive note, it really is cool to the touch which is great for our children!

Deep frying is so easy.

Comments about Presto CoolDaddy Deep Fryer:

I love this product. When I make arancini, this is the ideal way to deep fry. It's easy to clean up. No mess, no fuss. It let's you know when it reaches the temperature you want, without the hassle of using an actual thermometer.

it gives your food that golden brown color you want.

no splatter and burns.

from hastings, FL

Comments about Presto CoolDaddy Deep Fryer:

The presto cool daddy deep fryer is a really cool little fryer. Now little is a keyword,this deep fryer is not meant for large families. Its small. Now it is a compact size and fits nicely in the corner of my counter. I also will admit to loving the that lock. You can watch your food being cooked and never get hit with hot grease it. I have to say I hate the color,who designs a deep fryer to be white. I am always having to wipe it down and it annoys me but that is a personal issue and not a true flaw in its ability to perform.

I cook smaller side items french fries, onion rings, chicken wings,fried okra ect. For the price you can really beat the compact size and good cooking. Its true to temps and 2 years later still works like the first time we bought it. With the locking lid you can also reuse oil which saves money as well. I have no cons for this buy and item other than wishing the color was different. I will buy another one if this ever quits on me. great buy and worth the price.

Great for Us

from Medon, TN

Does its job

from Charlton, NY

Comments about Presto CoolDaddy Deep Fryer:

When I saw this, I was thrilled because it had a temperature knob and a visual guide on the front for commonly cooked items. There is also a light that shows when the oil is up to temperature and a small observation window on the top. After using it, I have found that the observation window clouds up so bad that you can't see the food that is cooking to be able to tell if it is done without opening the lid. And once you open the lid or put frozen food into the oil, the temperature light goes off so you really don't know what the temperature really is. Tha basket is large enough for a family of 2 or 3, but it takes quite a bit of time to make enough for a party. The temperature guide of commom foods is nice but doesn't always match time or temperature on the packages for those items. If you occassionally want to make deep fried food, this would be fine, but find another one for heavier use.

Items can get stuck to basket and can be difficult to remove.

Gets the job done

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about Presto CoolDaddy Deep Fryer:

We've had this guy for a while and it's really held up. It was on the cheaper side of deep fryers so it definitely does not look as nice as some of the chrome ones available but hey, it's not like I leave it out on the sink. I don't use it very often, probably no more than 10 times a year, most of those times being when we deep fry perch and cod around lent or when we go through little french fry phases. I think it cooks these things well, but I've never really tried to cook anything else so once you go into more complicated areas, it may not prove to be as efficient. I also like the smaller size, because I hardly ever use it so I have to store it somewhere and I'd rather not have something that I don't use every day taking up a bunch of space. Plus, we are never cooking for large amounts of people with the deep fryer. I think that it is kind of a pain to clean, but that may just all deep fryers, considering that cooked and burnt oil is never really an easy thing to rid your appliances of.

It is fun too use!

Comments about Presto CoolDaddy Deep Fryer:

Although this is my first deep fryer, I think this product is a good one. I have had it for awhile and use it to fry different appetizers. Its portable enough to take outside on our deck so that I don't get the "fry" smell in my house. Friends have borrowed it and seemed to like it too.

Everything but white

Comments about Presto CoolDaddy Deep Fryer:

I like everything about this deep fryer except for color. It cooks nicely and even. You can control the temperature. You can remove the stainless bowl and clean it. The wire basket is also removable. There is a charcoal filter (so it does not grease the air) I like this deep fryer. It does the job!

Cooks food even!

it is very easy to set up!

Have use it about twice a month for several years.

All parts are removable - it makes cleaning easy

It is a decent product

Comments about Presto CoolDaddy Deep Fryer:

I like this fryer, I received it from my parents on Christmas a couple of years ago. I like it, and it works well, it just seems to have a few problems such as it stains really easy and the fryer actually doesn't cook or hold a lot of food. A pound of french fries takes me close to an hour to make because I can only separate it out into four batches. I wish it was bigger but other than that it works wonderfully.

Fried to perfection

Comments about Presto CoolDaddy Deep Fryer:

I have had this for a few years now. And have had no problems at all with this. The only thing is like another person had mentioned, this uses ALOT of oil. If you fry things regularly, you might want to look into something that doesnt require a whole can of oil. We dont use it that often, so we dont really mind. It has a locking lid which is grat. and the pieces come off so its really easy to clean it off. I like to clean mine up right away so the oil doesnt stick to it. It does it job well.

All in all a very good fryer.

from Stanley, WI

Comments about Presto CoolDaddy Deep Fryer:

I think it is a very good fryer. It works well and has worked for several years with no problems. I do have a problem with fresh home made potatoes for french fries. The fries are kind of limp, but frozen fries or onion rings from the store are nice and crispy. I made up for that problem by taking my own fresh cut french fries and freezing them first and then frying them. They come out nice and crispy outside and tender inside. I found that is fine then to place them in the basket and closing the lid, before putting them in the oil. However, when you make batter fried fish, chicken, corndogs, and cheese curds using your own home made batter, you must lower the basket first and fry a few pieces at a time and then remove them and then fry some more. Each a little at a time. Each piece must be dropped a piece at a time slowly or they sink to the bottom and they sink to the bottom and stick to the basket. I dipped a whole bunch of cheese curds one time and they all stuck at one big clump to the bottom of the basket and wouldn't come out without using something and poking it through the holes to loosen it all up.
Another thing I found out is that in order to get the batter to stick to anything, it must be dipped in flour first.
I just would like to know the difference between the 2 cool daddys 05442 and 05443, they look the same.