Other Rice Cookers & Steamers:
Presto

Pros

Cons

Love My Presto!

I remember my mom used to make the best meals with a pressure cooker when I was growing up, at that time I didn't know what it was but I did know when I heard the sound of the whistle it was almost time to eat. Now that I have a family of my own I am often looking for healthy ways to cook and save time in the process. My mother actually suggested that I buy a pressure cooker. I had no idea on what size or brand to purchase, but ran across the Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure at a great price and purchased it hoping I made a good decision. The Presto 6 Quart Pressure Cooker is well built and made with quality. I wanted to start out simple so I practiced cooking vegetables. It's very simple to use, I placed my vegetables on the stainless rack that's provided, add a cup of water, lock the lid in place and start cooking. I followed the cooking time that comes with the manual and I over cooked the vegetables, which turned out like a soup. I think everyone's stove is different and it took me a few times to get the timing right. Now I feel like an expert, I have learned to cook fresh vegetables, soups, beans, and the best meats. It used to take me about 5 hours to cook a tender pot roast but it only takes an hour in my Presto Pressure Cooker. I have saved so much time using this product. I mean it takes only a couple minutes to cook large broccoli florets and whole potatoes take 15 minutes. The only downside I have found is the cooker has to cool down for the lid to open. I've learned a way around that, as soon as I reach the desired cooking time I place the cooker under cold water to stop the cooking immediately to bring the pressure down. I feel confident doing this because of the quality of the stainless steel this pressure cooker is made of. Cleaning is very easy, I usually just hand wash but it can be put in the dishwasher. I am so happy with my purchase, I am able to cook healthy meals for my family and save time in the process. The Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker is well made kitchen product that is durable and easy to clean, I can't live without it now!

Great Pressure cooker!

This is a great pressure cooker at a great price. There is nothing fancy with this pressure cooker, but it works just as advertised. Get this one or the 8 quart one to make larger batches of food. It can cook foods fast and makes healthy dishes that taste good because the foods keep all the flavors and nutrients inside. This pressure cooker can be used to make a variety of dishes - anything from soups to rice, to other dishes with sauces. The lid locks in the steam and there is a pressure indicator and a steam release mechanism if you want o lower the pressure. You can use it for weeknight diners when you have little time to stand around the stove and cook. You can just throw everything in a cover the lid. The pressure cooker even comes with a complimentary recipe book with recipes of stocks, stews, pot roasts - even desserts. Your foods will cook faster without being dry.

Love My Presto!

from Va

Comments about Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker:

Eating healthier with this pressure cooker

Comments about Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker:

In my household slow cooking isn't always ideal so we got ourselves the Presto 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker as I had heard from many sources that it was actually more healthier to cook in this way and that it’s obviously faster than most ordinary cooking methods. Since purchasing this pressure cooker I have used it for chicken, meat and all vegetables and they have all been a success in cooking to tender perfection in a short amount of cooking time. It also featured a special rack for separating multiple foods but cooking all them evenly without experiencing any intermingling of flavours. It’s easy to clean as long as you are aware that it’s a very hot cooking appliance and is safe for washing in the dishwasher. I also made sure to look into what type of range top this pressure cooker operate on and this one works on both regular and smooth-top ranges. It’s not expensive at all and considering its liquid capacity is 6 quarts you are definitely getting your money’s worth out of this product. Definite recommend for all home cooks.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker:

I absolutely LOVE this Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker! I use mine for everything that needs tenderizing. I have saved a lot of money on my grocery bill by being able to purchase less expensive cuts of meats, tenderizing them in this pressure cooker, and then continuing with any recipe of my choosing. I have also made meals in this appliance. You do have to keep in mind that this pressure cooker works exactly the opposite to a slow cooker, so don't set it and forget it for a few hours. I did find this appliance works better with a gas stove as opposed to an electric stove which takes longer for the burner to heat up and cool down. All parts of this pressure cooker are easy to clean. The handles stay cool during use. I love the fact replacement parts are available in case the gasket wears out or the dial on top no longer works. This eliminates the need to have to buy a whole new appliance when a part breaks or wears out.

Worth it to have in your home!

Comments about Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker:

I never ever saw the benefit of having a pressure cooker as I grew up where everything is made from scratch and a lot of time and effort went into making the family dinners, which meant you waited forever and ever for it to get done. I now use this gadget for a number of different recipes and it saves me so much time in the kitchen, where we don't have to wait so long to eat dinner.This pressure cooker is a must have and a time saver.

Everything you cook in this gadget is done in half the time it would take using regular cooking pots. Also the fact that it has a time just adds to the benefit of having this gadget.

Very easy to clean using warm, soapy water.

Very easy to use this gadget. I would advise using caution when releasing pressure because the steam coming from it causes severe burns.

This unit has held up for me for quite some time. I like the versatility of this pressure cooker, as it does not have be just for rice, it could be used for a number of different food items.

Simple design.

Presto its ready!

from Edina, MN

Comments about Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker:

I love the Presto 6 quart stainles steel pressure cooker. I love making meat, chicken and veggies in here. It is so fast and healthy and locks in the moisture and taste. It is great for meat that is a little tough and leaves it soft and tender. It is simple to use and there are some great recipes you can offline too. The pressure cooker is really simple to clean, just like any other pot or pan. If you get something stuck to it, just let it soak in hot water for a few minutes and that'll do the job. You can get this pressure cooker for a good price and they last awhile too. Just be sure that you close the lid properly to avoid accidents and spills.

Great taste, texture, and simple.

Super easy, no problem at all.

Easy to use, but I would have children out of the kitchen and out of the way, to avoid any accidents.

I have had mine for a little over a year and no problems as of yet.

The design is simple and no more than is necessary.

Why would you buy anything else?

from Ocala, Florida

Comments about Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker:

This rice cooker gets the job done and it just goes in with your regular pots and pans. It isn't this giant fancy machine that has to sit on your counter or a waste of money. I don't see why anyone would buy anything else.

This is great. You cook rice in the pan and it never burns. I make rice all the time and I have never had any problems with it.

I just put this right in the dishwasher, I have never had any problems or trouble cleaning it.

This is so easy to use and I believe is the best way to cook rice. Why would you want to buy anything else when this is the easiest way to cook rice.

This is the best part about this product. It is never going to stop working. You don't have to worry about anything it is just as easy as your regular pots and pans.

I have always liked this design. It is not something big and bulky that take up space, but is nice and easy and cooks the rice just the way I like it.

Not real durable.

from Toledo, OH

Comments about Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker:

I’ve used my Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker quite a bit but I would have hoped that it would have held up better than it has. The weighted top that goes over the steam vent cracked after I used it only a few times. Also it doesn’t heat very easily and sometimes the food burns directly over where the fire is and that is with the burner on low to medium heat. It’s not like you can open it up and stir the contents so if the cooker was made of a heavier metal I think it would be better because it wouldn’t burn anything then. The seal on the pressure cooker is very good and has stood up well to getting used a lot. I do not put it in the dishwasher so that the seal does not dry out. The cooker is a nice size and I can make meals in it for my entire family. This was not an expensive pressure cooker and is a basic model but it does fit my needs. I just wish it was a little more durable.

Caanot live without this

Comments about Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker:

I use this pressure cooker every week. it saves me time and money. Cheap cuts of meat are rendered super tender and moist in this cooker. Bone broth can be made in minutes instead of hours. This cooker is safe not like the kind grandma used. Get one. It will change your life.

Use to cook a variety of foods in rapid time.

Comments about Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker:

I love our pressure cooker! I use it to make soups, roasts, breakfast cereals, and to cook dry beans in a fraction of the time it takes in a regular pot. Rice is a cinch and never burns.

Very dependable and versatile! The roasts and cheap cuts of meat come out so tender, moist and very flavorful! Yummm!!!

I wash mine by hand in hot soapy water and the lightweight design makes this very easy to accomplish quickly! The rubber ring comes our easily to clean under the rim and the rack cleans off easily as well.

Throw the food in, add water, and cook! Some grains need an extra bowl or container to cook in so they don't absorb too much liquid in the cooking process, but still, quite easy to use.

I have been using my cooker for 7 years and I fix everything in it. We use it to cook breakfast cereals, soups, mashed potatoes, and dinner roasts. I esecially love to use it to cook veggies to a mushy consistency to use as a first introduction to baby foods.

I love the lightweight design. I fix a lot of soups and stocks, so when I add a lot of water it makes it nice to have a lightweight pot, but yet still a very durable and capable pot, to do the job!

fast and easy cooking

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Presto 6 Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker:

The Presto pressure cooker is the best one I have had so far. I had a few pressure cookers in the past that did not cook the meat well, or had problems trying to release the steam from the pressure cooker. This pressure cooker is very easy to use and can cook pork in as little as eight minutes. It shows you on the inside how much water to add for what you are cooking. Not only does it tell you how long to cook everything but it comes with a manual in case you get confused with how to use the pressure cooker and even provides you with some great dinners to get you started. The pressure release is much easier than others I have tried because they design it where you can stick a fork in it and slowly raise it and let the steam come out slowly and safer. I would recommend this to anyone but especially those who are super busy but like to cook meat that would normally take a long time and for those who just hate sweating over an oven all day. not to mention the meat comes out tender as ever with this pressure cooker!