Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:
Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle

Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle

Pros

Cons

This griddle saves me time, cooks well and has easy cleanup

I received the Presto griddle as a gift so I do not know the cost of the item.  I get requests to cook corn pancakes, but always dreaded having to stand over a hot stove doing multiple batches and getting uneven cooking results in a pan that was larger than the stove burner.

Now, I get out my Presto griddle and cook them all at once with totally even cooking results.  With the non stick surface, I do not need to add oil and my pancakes do not stick at all.    When I'm done, I get a soft wet cloth and clean the surface quickly and easily.

I have not had the opportunity to cook burgers or anything that exudes grease yet, but the product has an interesting feature.  If you pull the handles out, the surface tilts so the grease can run off into a grease trap.  The trap is removable for easy cleaning.

Cheap construction, uneven heating

At a recent church function, someone had purchase a couple of them to cook pancakes on. They did ok but I certainly would not have purchased with my own money. They aluminum skillet is too think IMO. It should be thicker to help distribute the heat more evenly. Because the heat doesn't distribute evenly, you have hot and cold spots which don't really help when cooking pancakes for a large group. The non-stick surface did hold up which certainly is a plus, but then again we only used it for one large breakfast. This might work better in a home environment where you are not trying to crank out a lot of food continuously. The lip on the edge of the skillet was good and prevents stuff from running over. It has a small grease pan which we did not use. I can't comment on cleaning as that was not my job for the day.

What I Like and Don't Like

Comments about Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle:

Overall I have no complaints as to the operation of this griddle. I use it for breakfast (sausage/ham/bacon, pancakes, fried eggs) and for making grilled sandwiches and it works great! It heats up fast and the heat is evenly distributed over the entire surface of the griddle. Clean up is a snap because of the non-stick coating. I simply wipe it off with a paper towel, then use a dishcloth with soap and water to wash. The drip cup that mounts under the griddle catches all of the excess grease that usually accumulates when frying the bacon or sausage. What don't I like? The combo handle/legs on either side of the griddle. They may not be a problem to some, but I have limited storage space and because they stick up/out from the griddle about 2 - 3 inches, they create more storage area needed. I have to literally remove the handles from the griddle (2 screws for each side) to store mine.

Works like a charm! Heats evenly and quickly.

The nonstick coating is a good quality material and seems to be resisting scratches.

Because of the non stick coating cleaning could be as easy as wiping it off with a paper towel. For washing, it washes up easy with soap and water.

Plug it in, set the desired temperature, wait for light to go out which indicates the heat is at temperature on dial. Place foods to be griddled on and cook!

Great for breakfast!

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle:

This is one large grill. You can cook a variety of different types of food on it all at the same time. My mom owned one as a kid, and I remember her cooking on it, that's why I bought it. It's come in really handy, especially for breakfast food, as I mainly use it for this reason.

As long as you know how to cook, you can use this electric griddle. My favorite part about this grill is how large it is. This is great for cooking a variety of food, but as I said before, I mainly use it to cook breakfast food. I can cook a load of eggs, sausage, and bacon for my whole family. I've even toasted bread on it if there's enough room, as that's how large it is.

Very durable. Has last me for years.

Easy to clean, as the surface is nonstick. I usually just wipe it off with soap and water, dry it and put it away.

It's pretty easy to use, even a beginning cook can use it. There's different temperatures to put this on to cook whatever food you need to cook.

Great Griddle

Comments about Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle:

I love this griddle the cooking space is large, I can fit alot of pancakes, french toast and even Taquitoes on it. I also love that it's non-stick and cleans up like a dream. I use to make french toast and pancakes in a frying pan and could only get a few done at a time so either on child ate at a time or they would sit a get cold waiting for all of them to get done. Now I get them done at once and we all sit down to hot food.

Heating time is fast and cooking is fast as well. Love that I can cook burgers on it but I can also cook bacon and sausage along side the pancakes

We have limited storage in our house so this get shifted around a lot and it's very durable.Also like that I can take this camping to cook right on the picnic table. As long as you have electric available where you camp.

I just wipe it down with a hot cloth and it come's clean. When I cook meat on it I just use some mild dish soap and hot water comes clean everytime

Very easy to use just put in the plug and heat, usually just a few minutes until your ready to cook. Has a great range of temperatures so you can adjust to cooking anything.

One handy dandy kitchen appliance!!

from Jackson, MS

Comments about Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle:

I love to cook and everyone who knows me knows that so when my mom gave me this griddle for christmas I was very pleased. At first I thought that the only thing it would be good for is making pancakes. So yes, initally that is all I prepared on this griddle. One day I was craving some grilled steaks and I did not want to fire up the grill. So I seasoned some steaks and put them on the griddle. One of my best ideas ever! The steak was juicy and flavorful and of course it did not take long to cook. The only thing that is kind of aggravating is how once the food gets done (I guess to a certain temperature) the griddle begins to cook slowly and I have to move the food to a different spot if I want it to keep cooking. But it is nothing to complain about! If I have to I will transfer the meat to the oven to keep cooking but I do not want to dry it out or compromise the crust that forms from the griddle so it is a small inconvience but nothing that will make me not want to use the griddle.

Presto 22 inch Electric Griddle

from Newburgh, NY

Comments about Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle:

The Presto 22 inch Electric Griddle is a nice indoor grill to have for those lazy winter weekends. I found the grill to be the right size for making pancakes and grilling beef or chicken. The surface of the grill can be cleaned within minutes and this grill is lightweight for quickly storing in a cabinet. The heating on the grill surface will maintain its temperature while cooking so be mindful of food on the grill.

The performance of this indoor grill is great for cooking large breakfasts. The heat remains constant and you are to cook in volume in a relative short time frame.

We have used this grill for the last year and half without any hassles. Heavy usage over the weekend has put this grill as must have during the winter and summer months.

The ease of cleaning is very simple. Just a little soap and water and within minutes the grill is cleaned.

Ease of use. Extremely simple.

good product

Comments about Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle:

i use this griddle all the time. it cooks eggs wonderfully. pancakes turn out amazing. i love the fact that this griddle is fully immersible and dishwasher safe. it makes it so much easier to clean than my previous griddle. the drip trays work well. the presto electric griddle is the perfect size to make a big batch of pancakes. they are done in no time. you could also make eggs, pancakes, and bacon all at the same time. it heats up very quickly and cooks everything evenly. the only problem i had was when my husband went to take it out of the dishwasher the handle cracked. well we just put duck tape on it. for the price of this it is an amazing product. very affordable option. it is a very large appliance so it can be diffficult finding the space to store it. i would recommend this to anyone. it is a great griddle at a great price. it makes cooking for my family very easy. i am glad we purchased this griddle.

Good Griddle

from Arlington, TX

Comments about Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle:

I find these very convenient and good to use at the dinner table because you are able to interact with people when you are cooking. My family uses this sometimes to make philly cheese steaks or asian beef stir-fries. 22 inches is quite large for a cooking surface so it's enough for maybe 4 people to cook together? The cord is really short so we always have to have an extension. It's not really a hassle for me but I do wish that they made the cords longer. It cooks the meat well but I can never get a good sear on it. When you turn it up on high, it will be extremely hot for a couple minutes, then the heat will die down so I don't think that this is a good griddle to use if you are trying to cook thick cuts of meat. It does drain the fat and grease from the surface onto a little tray and that is easy to take out. Grease will splatter all over the griddle and what I do is wash it under the sink with soap and water. I make sure not to let the cord get into the sink though.

My husband loves using this electric griddle.

Comments about Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle:

We love cooking pancakes and bacon. My husband will make breakfast and, while a frying pan or iron skillet serves the purpose, they offer their own drawbacks. However, this electric skillet offers a large surface to pour out the batter for two pancakes while also cooking the bacon. Eggs are a whiz to cook up, browning meat is no problem, grilled sandwiches can be cooked simultaneously, and I am still learning ways to implement this skillet in meal preparation. It is relatively easy to clean and storage is not really a problem either. I am pleased with this skillet and would definitely suggest it to anyone looking for helpful cooking implements.

Cheap construction, uneven heating

from Livermore, CA

Love the griddle.

from Buffalo, MO

Comments about Presto 22-inch Electric Griddle:

This is the first time I have used a griddle after cooking for my family for 25 years. Not sure why it took me so long but am glad I did. Fixing breakfast on the weekends so much easier. Bacon/Sausage/Pancakes/Eggs - everyone is happy. Easy to clean, all around good product.