4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Cool Dady Deep Fryer works well

My fiancé purchased his Cool Daddy cool-touch deep fryer a year ago and it works great.  No oil splatters with the exterior handle that lowers food into the oil while the lid is closed.  We've made corn dogs, french fries, chicken nuggets, and tater tots so far.  My only two complaints about the fryer is that it isn't cool to the touch while in use; however, I can only assume that it is cooler to the touch than the average deep fryer.  Secondly, the pot and wire basket are not dishwasher safe.

The fryer is 13-1/2 by 10 by 11-1/2 inches with a charcoal filter to reduce odors, non-stick interior, exterior handle eliminating splatters, adjustable temperature dial from 250 to 375 degrees F. with a ready light, wire basket, and viewing window.

I would recommend this product to any of my friends or family, it's easy to use and lets face it french fries from the deep fryer taste so much better than baked in the oven.

It's the thought that counts. No. I don't think so.

We love homemade French fries. They are much better than the frozen "heat 'n eat" ones. We also deep fry several other foods like crab cakes and onion...Read complete review

We love homemade French fries. They are much better than the frozen "heat 'n eat" ones. We also deep fry several other foods like crab cakes and onion rings.

I used a Fry Daddy for years. Loved that machine. It was getting worn out.

I decided to upgrade to the Presto Cool Touch. Oh yes. I was excited about getting such a nice fryer.

The Cool Daddy has a case around the actual fryer. That's why it's cool to the touch.

Then there's a lid. I thought that would cut down on splatters. It has a window in the top as well to watch the food. Unfortunately the window fogs up. So much for that feature. Also, the food dosn't come out right with the lid closed, so we end up frying with it wide open anyway.

If the lid is closed, then there are little filters in the top that need to be changed out. That's another step and an extra expense.

This machine looks big, but it's really not. I don't think it holds any more than the old Fry Daddy which was much smaller. This thing is so big that it has to live on top of the cabinet instead of under like the Fry Daddy. It is attractive, but it's not something I like to showcase on my cabinet.

The Cool Daddy does come apart - the inside fryer lists totally out to clean the base. But, the base has electrical innards. So, the thing really is hard to clean. Grease sticks and builds up. It's a real chore to clean this well. I have to get a toothbrush and try to get goo out of the groves. That is not my idea of a good time.

The real kicker is that the food just doesn't fry as well in the Cool Daddy. It doesn't run quite hot enough. Even at the highest setting, the fries are bad about coming out flabby. The light will come on, but it cools down when the food is put in. Small batches work better, but then I have to do two or three loads of fries.

I can use the Cool Daddy with pretty good results, but it's not easy to get great food. The old Fry Daddy was a better cooker and did not have all the issues I've mentioned here. I suppose I'll break down and buy another Fry Daddy. I hate it when I buy something that I don't really like. I feel like I ought to go ahead and use it, but I don't enjoy it.

Helps make great fried foods

from Lafayette, IN

Comments about Presto 0 Cool Daddy Deep Fryer:

This deep fryer is wonderful. The basket pulls up from the oil but stays on/in the deep fryer so you don't have to take it out. I especially like that feature because I'm a little accident prone. :)   You can put food in the basket, close the lid and then lower it into the oil. There's hardly a chance of oil splattering everywhere! I had a dinner party last night and the fried foods I made were a huge hit. The fryer is great and heats up pretty quick. I haven't had a single problem with it so far. It's definitely a nice kitchen cooking accessory. The only down side is I wish it actually had a timer on the fryer. Other than that, love it!

Great fryer

from Ohio

Comments about Presto 0 Cool Daddy Deep Fryer:

My overall rating for this product is definitely a 5! I love this deep fryer. I have tried many but this has to be my favorite. I love that its a very sturdy item. Its really good priced for the good quality that its in. The lid on top is the best. I hate the fryers that don't have a lid, once the food is submerged into the hot oil it seems to pop everywhere other than in the fryer lol. So the lid on top makes it super nice as it doesn't make a mess of grease all over the place. Not to mention, you don't have to worry about getting burnt which always seems to happen to me! I love the nice sized basket so you can make a good amount of food at once. There are many good features about this fryer that I love including how easy it is to clean it!! I also love the fact that at the touch of a button the fryer will heat up for the item you are cooking (Fries, Chicken etc. ) If your looking for a good priced, very nice deep fryer I would definitely recommend this one. You will not be disappointed!!

Perfect for camping

from Cartersville, GA

Comments about Presto 0 Cool Daddy Deep Fryer:

I have a deep fryer that I use at home and also one to carry with me when I travel. I use this one for traveling. The best thing about this fryer, is that it has a lid.i am always worried about grease splattering everywhere, and making a huge Jess. It is almost impossible to clean up stuck on grease on my counter top. With this fryer I don't have to worry, I just set the time and in just a short while my food is done. It cooks even, and the only thing some what negative is that the food gets stuck to the fryer part. It doesn't happen all of the time, and it is easy to wipe off, however it doesn't seem to be non stick.

It heats up really quick, and cooks the food nice and crispy.

It is easy to use.

It has lasted almost nine months with it being used many times.

Sometimes the food gets stuck to the fryer. It isn't a huge deal, and for the price, it isn't bad. Next time I will buy something that is more nonstick.

Good Fryer

Comments about Presto 0 Cool Daddy Deep Fryer:

I have been using this for 2 years now and it is still working good. I only use it about once a month or less, but it is convienent to be able to have a deep fryer in my kitchen when the needed. It does stay cool and the lid ia a great feature. Not too hard to clean. Easy to move around the kitchen when not in use. It has the capacity to cook enough food for my family of three.

It works every time I plug it in. Cooks food evenly when not filled too ful.

Plug it in, set the dial, wait for red light to go off, put your food in.

have had it for two years and it is still working fine.

I feel like simpler is better. I would like it to be more streamlined with less seams, cracks for grease to get into.

Love this!

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Presto 0 Cool Daddy Deep Fryer:

The Presto Cool Daddy Deep Fryer is absolutely wonderful! I love that it stays cool to the touch so there is not danger of burning yourself. I like that it is enclosed, you can even lower the food into the oil using the handle that is on the outside of the unit. This is nice because with traditional deep fryers, I always splatter myself with hot oil when I drop the food into the oil. This has a ready light and even a window that allows you to monitor the food inside without opening it up. It isn't the easiest thing to clean, but it isn't the hardest, either. It cooks evenly and leaves your food with a nice crispy edge. It is fairly reasonably priced and if it's properly taken care of it can last a very long time. It actually looks bigger than it is, but it is sill a very good size for the average size family.This fryer is a little bit pricey, but it is worth every penny. I recommend this fryer to every one who lover deep fried foods!

Does a good job of deep frying

from Midland, MI

Comments about Presto 0 Cool Daddy Deep Fryer:

I try to avoid 'one trick ponies' in my kitchen (i.e., appliances that only have one job). But, because deep frying can be such a mess, and so dangerous on a gastop stove, I invested in this deep fryer.

This fryer heats the oil up relatively well, but I would like to see it return to temperature a little more quickly. After putting cool ingredients into it, the temperature of the oil decreases and you have to wait a while before it heats up again. This is especially important because the basket is small and you will probably end up cooking several batches of whatever it is you are frying.

This unit is easy to use, and the suggested temperatures for various foods stamped on the outside of the fryer are a nice touch. There is a window that is supposed to help you see the food as it cooks, but I've noticed that sometimes steam will condense and water will drip into the oil when you go to lift the lid, which makes a mess.

This fryer is pretty hard to get completely clean. While having a lid cuts down on splatters surrounding he fryer, nearly the entire unit is a greasy mess by the time dinner has cooked.

Safe and reliable!

from Van Nuys, CA

Comments about Presto 0 Cool Daddy Deep Fryer:

Alot of deep friers don't have lock lids like this one so I'd normally avoid them, because even if your really careful oil can jump and get you when you least expect it. But the locking system and vents protect your from getting hot oil on your skin and folding handle makes it easy to shake out the excess oil.

It heats up fast and cooks thoroughly if you know what you're doing, you may have to tweek the temperatures a few degrees lower than the default settings.

Pretty much a plug-n-play system, easy to use and put away after a few minutes of cool down.

I don't make it a habit to drop things like this but I'd imagine that this thing could take a beating. Its also quite large so its has some shock protection on it.

It quite easy to disassemble and clean up. It all stacks on over the other so its not really a complicated set up.

Presto 05443 Cool Daddy -Deep Fryer

Comments about Presto 0 Cool Daddy Deep Fryer:

I have had this deep fryer for about 1 year, and I basically use it for deep frying french fries, frying chicken. I do not use this often, maybe once a month if that. This deep fryer is pretty simple and easy to use. It comes with a wire basket, which sits down inside the deep fryer. This deep fryer is a hard white plastic outer body, which is easy to clean. I like that. There is a large button on the front of the fryer that has the word "open". When you press it, the top lid pops up, sometimes the hinges allow the door to swing to fast up, which you really have to be careful if you are not prepared for this, while the fryer is on.
This fryer also has 4 settings on it, 250, 300, 340, and 375. I have used other deep fryers in the past. and in comparison, this deep fryer does not get as hot as some of the other brands. So sometimes it may take a little longer for the food to cook properly. There are 5 icons selections featured on the front panel of this deep fryer as well. They are- fries, donuts, chicken, shrimp, mushrooms. To be honest, I have never changed the selection knob from 375, because it just seems it needs to be a tad hotter for frying. So I really can't say what the other temperatures would be like for donuts. There is also a indicator light on the front panel as well. Mine works, but I like going by sight and testing to see if the food is cooked well inside, rather than relying on the light. I really like the fact that this deep fryer is easy to clean. I would recommend cleaning the outside after each use, once it has cool down. This will help from build-up of hard grease stains. And I usually clean the inside after 2 to 3 uses of frying. Once again, the inside is easy to clean, if the grease isn't old and sitting to long. I just use dish detergent, scrub sponge, and usually this cuts the grease. I would warn, please make sure you allow the inside to dry completely before adding oil. Sometimes one might not take heed to the instruction manual, and grease popping will take place. Which is very dangerous! (This happen to my teenage daughter).

This deep fryer is not the best at having the proper temperature heat. I have yet to change my temp. setting from 375. I keep it on 375 for frying what I have to fry. Any temperature below 375 I believe would not cook properly. The good news, I have yet to burn anything!

There are a few quirks, such as the top door kinda pops up to fast for me, and the basket is a little awkward getting out of the deep fryer. I wouldn't recommend filling the basket to the rim w/ whatever items you are frying. The basket tends to tilt if to heavy.

After all the usage and washing this deep fryer , it has held up better than a more expensive brand I had in the past.

As I stated in my above review, it is quite easy to clean.

Works on some things, others not so well

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Presto 0 Cool Daddy Deep Fryer:

Love this machine for things like french fries and nuggets and things, but when you try to fry anything with a wet batter it's tricky. I dipped cheese curds in batter and dropped the fryer, but when I pulled it up they had all stuck together. Worse, the big pile of cheese curd goo was also stuck to the basket metal. This could use a bit of tweaking.

so so

Not good with batter

So far it's lasted 2 + years

Easier to leave the grease :(

Excellent product but stopped working after 2 years!

from Olympia, WA

Comments about Presto 0 Cool Daddy Deep Fryer:

This was a wonderful product that we used multiple times a week! The title does describe the product very well, cool touch! It is very simple to use and easy to store the cooking oil when not in use. I think since we used this product all the time, it finally stopped working after 2 years of owning it. For the price, it is a great product and we would purchase a second Presto Cool Daddy deep fryer in the future!

Very easy to use!

Only lasted 2 years, but well worth it! :)

It is a little work to clean this unit but not completely hard.