Other Canned Goods:
Prego
Prego Pasta sauce

Prego Pasta sauce

Prego and Pizza sauce makes Delicious 30 Min. Sauce!

I was experimenting again tonight.  How to make my all day sauce in 30 minutes or under.

I did it! ...Read complete review

I did it!  I just mixed a large jar of Prego with a 14oz jar of store brand ( Hannaford) pizza sauce together, add frozen meatballs and after 30 minutes, awesome sauce, no sweat!

I used to jar sauce from tomatoes, but now that the taste is so close, I am taking the easy way out.  I am no spring chicken anymore, and physically cannot stand by a stove for more than 45 minutes tops.

There is something in the pizza sauce, the spices, that livens up the prego and tastes home made.  You can add pizza sauce to your favorite sauce, I like Prego Spaghetti sauce.

I don't like chunks of tomato in my sauce.  it is a big turn off to me.   Prego and pizza sauce is my new fix all for ziti too.

With this dish I put shredded Mozarella cheese in the dish then added sauce, ravioli, more sause and Romano to top off.  The heat in the sauce melts the Mozarella.

I had a great dinner Tonight!

there was glass in my sauce

I found pieces of glass in my Prego sauce. The bottle was still sealed so it must of been prepacked. I almost fed this to my toddler thank god I noticed this beforehand. I used to always buy their marinara sauce but now I will never buy from them again. I am wondering how this could be possible and why they haven't recalled this item. I don't think I'm the only one, there must be other people that have also found glass in their hard of sauce. Unfortunately I do not live in the states so I can't get any legal help because of where I live. I am thinking however of going viral and releasing the story and pictures online to warn others if they don't do something about this. I'm really mad because this could've ended very badly for me and my child.

Prego makes dinner come together fast

Comments about Prego Pasta sauce:

I use Prego pasta sauce almost every week for quick and easy dinners. Prego has great taste and depth of flavors. They offer pasta sauces that are traditional, bold, intriguing, exotic, and delicious. I use their fresh mushroom pasta sauce on homemade pizza dough because the sauce has a slightly sweet, tomato flavor with chunks of mushroom and herbs. I like Prego's Chunky Garden pasta sauce for lasagna, spaghetti, and ravioli because it has large chunks of carrot, zucchini, and onion with a slightly sweet, but zesty flavor.

Good base sauce, not great on its own.

Comments about Prego Pasta sauce:

Prego is one of the bigger sauce name brands you see on shelves. They are a trusted brand, they've been along forever, there name is up there with Ragu as one of the big boys. I do think out of those two this is the better choice but I prefer this sauce to be used as a base sauce to make my own sauces than on its on. It can sometimes be a little too sour for me and as it becomes less and less fresh sitting in your fridge it becomes increasingly sour over time.

When cooking I like to chop up a few veggies in small pieces, cook it in a pan, throw in my ground meat or meat balls and let that simmer. Once they are cooked ill pour in almost a full jar to a full jar of prego and let it simmer and let the flavors blend together adding salt, pepper and a few simple italian spices. Its simple and easy and makes the jarred sauce 10 times better.

i also like to use this sauce as a dipping sauce for thigns like bread sticks, pizza crusts or toasted french / italian bread.

Good for what it is.

Comments about Prego Pasta sauce:

I am a huge fan of pasta sauce. When I don't have time to make my own tomato sauce, I turn to jarred sauces. I have tried many brands, and I've found Prego to be middle of the road when it comes to jarred pasta sauce. It tastes like what you'd expect. I find it to be very thin, which I don't like. It has a very strong tomato flavor, and lacks seasoning. I find it's best used when making lasagna, chicken parmigiana, or eggplant parmigiana. I don't like it plain. I recommend it for cooking but not plain pasta.

Prego Is My Favorite Pasta Sauce!

from Austin, TX

Comments about Prego Pasta sauce:

The Prego sauces are wonderful! They have so many great flavors. My favorite is the chunky mushroom. I don't have to add anything else to it, and the mushrooms are HUGE! Not like the little microscopic mushrooms in other sauces. With those other sauces, the vegetables are so small, but you can't add much to it without overwhelming the sauce. You don't need to add anything else to it. Everything is already in there. Unless you get the traditional flavor. Then you can either use it as is or for a base sauce and add things to it to to make it the exact sauce you want. They have 4 different alfredo sauces. Great no matter what mood you're in. They have their old-world styles, chunky, robusto, light, and even organic. I even like the pizza sauce they have! So many different flavors to choose from! :) The sauce itself is perfect. Just thick enough. It doesn't get all watery or runny like all the other sauces do. Between this and all the flavors, I think that's why Prego is my favorite.

Great sauce!

Comments about Prego Pasta sauce:

We love Prego Pasta Sauce. It takes homemade! The sauce tastes really fresh-as if you picked the vegetables from your own garden! You can also add more seasoning to it to enhance the already great taste! It tastes great on spaghetti but it also goes great for lasagna or noodle dishes!

I love Prego sauce!

Comments about Prego Pasta sauce:

Prego sauce is highly recommended by me! Prego pasta sauce is the best tasting sauce compared to other brands! I never really liked spaghetti or gulosh until I started making it with Prego sauce! It is very delicious and affordable! My favorite is the roasted garlic and herb!

Almost as good as mom's

Comments about Prego Pasta sauce:

Prego pasta sauces are about as close as one can get to the good old homemade italian stuff your relatives make. The flavors and consistency of this sauce are unrivaled. It tastes great on all kinds of pasta and even as a great base for a dipping sauce for garlic bread and mozzarella sticks. Great!

Needs a little more seasoning

Comments about Prego Pasta sauce:

I started eating this all the time because I started a gluten free diet and this was the best gluten free sauce I found. I tried several kinds of prego sauce and they were all good, but they needed a little extra seasoning because they were all a little plain for me. Now that I'm no longer on a gluten free diet, I would rather buy the cheaper sauce then this.

A surprisingly good pasta sauce.

Comments about Prego Pasta sauce:

I was a little wary when my wife decided she was making spaghetti and was going to use Prego instead one of the pricey jarred sauces. I was expecting it to just be seasoned tomato sauce, but it had a robust flavor and I could detect actual vegetables in it. It had a nice chunky texture, which I prefer to the pureed texture some sauces have. I guess we've got a new standby. Enjoy!

Prego is Great

Comments about Prego Pasta sauce:

Prego is such a great thick sauce bursting with tons of flavor. I normally use it when i make my spaghetti. It is also great because it comes in different flavors so you will never get tired or bored with the same flavors. You should really try this sauce and i swear you will not regret the decision you have made. 5 stars from me.