2.1

2.1

Pros

Cons

• Available Plans:

Been with them for years

I have been insured by Prefered Mutual for several years and have filed several large damage claims and have never had a problem getting a fair settlement from this company. This year I had damages over $5,000 in January from frozen, broken pipes and they processed and paid the claim in less than 10 days. Then in September I had damages of $3,400 from a severe hail storm the adjuster processed the damage claim and I received the settlement in 7 days. Best insurance company I have ever done business with.

I don't know how the Preferred Mutual people sleep at night.

We have preferred mutual for our auto and property insurance. As soon as my home is rebuilt, I will be switching insurance companies. We lost our home to a fire in Dec '08, and preferred mutual has been dragging their feet every step of the way. It is now the end of March, and they have yet to accept it as a total loss (even though the fire chief and bldg inspector and their own adjuster said it is). They required a stick build on it, which is ridiculous, considering it is falling down, and now they want a real estate assessment on it, even though the adjuster determined we were underinsured for the value of the house. We also submitted receipts on feb 3rd for expenses, and have yet to receive reimbursement or an explanation why we haven't recieved any money. We have had nothing but a terrible experience. They were happy to take our money for the last 10 years, but now that we need them, they could care less about me, my husband or my three small children.

Worst Insurance Company I have ever Dealt with

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Preferred Mutual:

This company is a nightmare to deal with, 3 months later and they have still not returned my Deductible after an accident I was not at fault for where the other persons insurance was responsible. They don't answer phones calls or call back. Customer Service is rude and unresponsive. I would not recommend this company to anyone!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

terrible service

Comments about Preferred Mutual:

Worst customer service department I have ever done business with. Very rude has no concern for the customer at all will not return phone calls .had to email them just to get a response. I even tried speaking to the supervisor same attitude from supervision

Hail storm damage 5/22/14 to rental property

Comments about Preferred Mutual:

Had contractor inspect the house for hail storm damage and was told to file a claim since there was damage. Adjustor would not go up on the roof to inspect 2 story house and detached garage. Complained and got their engineer to inspect and he said there were 3 shingles damaged and minor siding damage. Called another contractor in and his opinion was the roof should be replaced and whole side of house needs new siding.
Filed a complain with NYS Insurance Dept. about this. Got nothing but the run around from this company.

Claim still pending...

Customer Service
Telephone tag with voice mail going unanswered. Claims manager did nothing but hide.

Available Plans
Just have them for a tenants policy

• Available Plans:

Refused to properly investigate claim or pay

Comments about Preferred Mutual:

My vehicle was hit by a member of Preferred Mutual and right after my initial statement to the representative she told me she would deny it no matter what. I had to ask her to send someone to look at damage and even then she said the police report wouldn't really make a difference. The police report and both driver statements followed pretty much the same key points that he was stopped and hit me and they denied payment. When questioned about it I was hung up on. Then after several different stories about denying no matter what, then unable to determine liability, then shared liability they came up with entire liability on my part. They never planned on a proper investigation into the claim. As far as I am concerned that is fraud on the insurer's part.

Customer Service
Rude and unwilling to do their job.

• Available Plans:

they came through for me

from MA

Comments about Preferred Mutual:

I have Preferred Mutual for my homeowners insurance . I never had to use them until 2 years ago when we had a microburst here and I had some roof damage and ceiling damage . The adjuster came quickly and was very pleasant and professional . He surveyed the damage and told me to get estiamtes for the damage but he estimated it would be several thousand dollars in damage . When I had two roofers come,they both told me that my 10 yr old roof had to be replaced due to the storm and that the ceiling needed to be replastered . What looked like a $2000 claim turned into a $10,000 claim. I figured I would have a hassle but the adjuster spoke on the phone with roofer who faxed in the estimate. I got a check about a week later and was very happy with the settlement of the claim . Others who had storm damage at that time fought with their company for a long time so I would recommed Preferred Mutual .

• Available Plans:

Great Company to Work For and Do Business With!

Comments about Preferred Mutual:

Preferred is a great company to work for and do business with! All of the employees are kind, considerate and helpful people who go above and beyond to do good and do the right thing. Their products are comprehensive and their rates are competitive.

Customer Service
Customer service staff are knowledgeable and helpful.

Available Plans
Comprehensive homeowner's, auto, valuables and liability. Everything I need.

Does not honor contract

Comments about Preferred Mutual:

This company is absolutely despicable. They are using at least one Adjuster (my experience) who indicates that his primary job is to deny claims - and was proven (via jury verdict) not to perform due diligence. In the matter I witnessed, even when it was clearly noted that they are not honoring their contract they show no integrity - and still stand pat - satisfied with letting the jury decide vs doing the right thing. Not a company i want to be associated with. If you choose them, hope you have no claims.

Customer Service
Executive laughs at your requests (or did in this case) to consider factual data - not a customer friendly company.

Available Plans
Contract sounds good, even worth the extra money provided it is honored.

• Available Plans:

good company with good service and price

Comments about Preferred Mutual:

very good company with good claims handling/price. Its funny to read other reviews of claims that no company would pay and they are upset. Poeple need to understand insurance a little more than just get upset at insurance companies. If they paid every claim there would be no insurance companies at all. great service and customer service for years.

• Available Plans:

they take your money and find ways in which to deny your claims

Comments about Preferred Mutual:

two issues, 10 months apart, both denied by the company on technicalities. very difficult to speak to anyone who can talk about your claim.

Customer Service
multiple calls with voicemails left go unanswered

Available Plans
seeing as it doesn't actually give you any insurance, even their competetive rates aren't worth it

• Available Plans:

Low brow unsurance company.

Comments about Preferred Mutual:

This company uses an off site call center to handle and process claims. Their customer service works 9-5 m-f so do not have an issue after dark or on the weekend or you will just have to wait. They also do not return phone messages to customer service as I experienced. In two years I had one claim for a $75 reimbursement for a tow. They sent me a check for $45. Upon calling their customer service during normal business hours a messaged explained that customer service was unavailable due to a company party. After another phone call and a letter the matter was slowly resolved..

At the end of the year I went to play my bill in December online and their bill pay system told me that my amount due was zero. It was the end of the year and my policy was paid in full for the entire year. I eventually am cancelled because the company never renewed my policy and sent me a bill. Instead they sent me a cancellation notice and the entire time I have no bill to pay. According to them my agent submitted a request for renewal an entire month later on January 23rd. So they are obviously passing the buck. Why would my agent renew my policy a month late? Either way my insurance was never renewed and customer service never returned my phone calls. I now pay a higher premium to another insurance company because of a 2 day lapse in my insurance coverage over a weekend when their customer service was unavailable to assist me. Once again I repeat that customer service never returned my phone calls. i am pursuing a resolve to the matter through the bbb and will be pursuing legal action if the matter is not resolved in a timely manner.