Other Exercise DVDs & Videos:

PowerFit Harmony: Cardio Speed Burn

Pleasant beginner workout

from Herndon, VA

Comments about PowerFit Harmony: Cardio Speed Burn:

This Stephanie Huckabee "Powerfit Harmony" Cardio Speed Burn is a pleasant twenty minute low-impact cardio workout. I have this workout as part of a set of 10 twenty minute beginner workouts.

Stephanie is also an instuctor from The Firm. These Powerfit workouts are much less intense and easier on the body. This particular Cardio Speed Burn is full of low impact cardio moves. I use this for lazy days. I don't even wear shoes when I work out to this one.

The set is pleasant, and production quality is high. Stephanie works out with "Cat" and "Holly" as her background workout friends. I recognize them both from 10 Minute Solution and Exercise TV, respectively.

Stephanie is upbeat, sweet, and encouraging. Her cuing is perfect. I remember she is one of the most popular and well-liked instructors from The Firm as well.

The moves are basic: step touch, V-steps, grapevines, double steps, ham curls, and etc. She adds a few squats, but no lunges. So this is good for someone with bad knees. In the last part of the workout, she uses the workout band, and does some arms moves while doing low-impact cardio. This increases the intensity, and I could feel my shoulders getting a little workout.

In summary, this is a good beginner workout. It won't challenge intermediate or advanced exercisers. I like it for my lazy days.

20 Minute Low Impact Floor Cardio Routine

from Bevery Hills, CA

Pros

Cons

Comments about PowerFit Harmony: Cardio Speed Burn:

Stephanie Hucakbee, 2010

PowerFit Harmony is a 10 dvd set that includes 3 bands & literature. All the workouts are 20 minutes & led by Stephanie with 2 background exercisers. I really LOVE the set. Its a very nice open room with cute decor around the edges-if I were rich, this would be my dream home gym :) They utilize an exercise band and thats all you will need! These workouts has a real Firm feel to them-which is a huge plus in my book! The intensity for me seemed to fall between the original PowerFit workouts and the Firm 6 pack workouts- a lower intermediate/ high beginner intensity. But you can choose your band so you can up the intensity of the strength w/o's.

**Cardio Speed Burn**: This is a entirely low impact 20 minute cardio workout led by Stephanie with 2 background exercisers. The set is awesome-open and inviting. There is a warmup & cooldown included in the 20 minutes but besides that it is nonstop cardio! I would say a bit more challenging than yesterdays cardio. I would rate this a low intermediate cardio w/o. You will only need a band for this w/o.

Stephanie starts with an active warmup and moves right into marches, mock jump roping (low impact), squats, grapevines, knee ups, side steps, and double side steps. After that floor routine, Stephanie does a cardio with the band (I could feel the tSension in my UB by holding onto the band!). During this routine she does side step with a triple step, a football run, grapevine, and hamstring curls. She finishes this w/o w/ a mock step routine (I used a step) and she does some basic step moves: knee ups, ham curls, repeaters, and sambas. Then finishes with a cooldown. I would rate this a low intermediate/ high beginner cardio w/o done as is.