Other Facial Moisturizers:
UNILEVER020644

Pros

Cons

Pond's is a rock of all ages. Dry Skin Cream's a great softener

Many of the best beauty aids are right in our own backyards, so to speak.  The fact that some of our moms or even grandmoms have smoothed on **Pond's Dry Skin Cream** and *Cold Creams *for eons speaks volumes.  These products remain on the shelves because they *work*.  **Pond's** hasn't even gone in search of fancy or trendy names!

**Pond's Dry Skin Cream** softens skin beautifully.  Some people use it as a moisturizer under make-up.  I often use it by itself though its greasy-looking sheen does little to play down wrinkles.  I would call it my *Day-off Cream.  *As a sensitive-skin person, I appreciate the fact that **Pond's Dry Skin Cream** is hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested* and* that it doesn't clog pores.*  *

Though the instructions on the **Pond's Dry Skin Cream **jar deal with its facial application, I've found it extremely helpful with dry heels, knees, and elbows.  Unlike petroleum jelly, it smoothes *into* the skin.  Unless the weather is extraordinarily dry, I also use **Pond's Dry Skin Cream** on my forever-dry hands.

As a softening *cleansing cream*, I stick with ***Pond's Cold Cream*.  ***[www.viewpoints.com/Ponds-Cold-Cream--280337-review-29160][1] *****

For overnight rejuvenation of facial skin, I'm still highly impressed with ***Walgreen's Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream**.  [www.viewpoints.com/Walgreens-Natures-Finest-Alpha-Hydroxy-Face-Cream-review-d1a53][2] *

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Ponds-Cold-Cream--280337-review-29160
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Walgreens-Natures-Finest-Alpha-Hydroxy-Face-Cream-review-d1a53

Great basic cream

I don't mind that this is a barebones cream.....they said in cosmetic school that wrinkle-reducers don't work as well as they imply, so I don't particularly feel like spending extra money on them. This cream is priced right, and it feels great. I have sensitive skin that often feels red and dry after a shower, but this cream is cooling and soothing, and it makes my skin feel so soft. Plus, a little bit goes a long way, so the jar lasts a long time. However, it does have some drawbacks.

This cream doesn't have spf as most facial moisturizers do. Spf-containing face creams aren't good for taking photos; they make your face shiny and white, so this might have made this an excellent cream if not for the fact that this cream *still *makes your face shiny and greasy-looking. It's nothing I'd recommend for someone with oily skin.

All in all, this is a great cream for those people with dry skin for those days when you're just hanging out around the house, but it's probably not something you're going to want to wear on those special occasions or to work.

It was alright

from Sioux Falls, South Dakota

About Me Budget Buyer

Comments about Pond's Dry Skin Cream:

This product was okay but I ended up being Allergic to it so be careful.

great stuff

from grandforks, north dakota

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Absorbs Quickly
  • Goes On Smoothly
  • Long Lasting
  • Moisturizes Well
  • Smells Great
  • Softens Skin

Cons

• have nothing bad to say

• After Shower/Bath
  • Bedtime
  • Deep Moisturization
  • Dry/Chapped Skin
  • Winter Dryness

Comments about Pond's Dry Skin Cream:

I love pounds dry skin cream&ive been using it for many yesrs&it's a great facial moisturizer (for all seasons)&I use it on my hands&feet especially @night&it is not to expensive (i'm on a buget)&my face looks heathly&no wrinkles.&to take my make up off I use pounds cold cream.these products. Been around for years&its becsuse its a grest product with out all thst fancy stuff a pearson doesnt need&my mom used it for many many many years.I truely believe pounds is a great product (just hope they dont make any stupid imptovementse) leave it as is.thanks.

Rich, but a little greasy

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about Pond's Dry Skin Cream:

I have normal-to-oily skin, so this cream from Ponds may not have been the best choice for me. What you get is a fairly thick and rich (but not super-dense) lotion that would be perfect for somebody who has dehydrated or very dry skin. However, it takes a while to soak in and even after applying, it felt a bit greasy/oily to me a for a while.

So I'm probably not the target audience for this product. That said, if you do have drier skin and you're looking for something to help smooth things out, or looking for a rich cream to wear at night, this might be a good choice. The price is definitely reasonable, which is a plus; you get quite a bit of product for great drugstore prices. If you end up like me - finding that it's too rich for your skin - don't lose hope. This product can make for a pretty nice body lotion, especially for areas that are prone to dryness, like hands, elbows, knees, and feet.

Great for Sunburns Too!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Pond's Dry Skin Cream:

I'm not a huge fan of Pond's and rarely use it, but I do keep it in my cupboard for specific use during the summer. There is simply nothing better for a light sunburn.

When I get a sunburn that turns my skin red but does not blister I always slather on a layer of Pond's Dry Skin Cream before bed that first night and for the next few nights.

It absorbs very quickly and leaves behind just a very light scent. I use it all over my shoulders, tops of my ears, neck, back of my neck, and chest area and it does an amazing job of keeping the skin hydrated so it does not dry out and flake off unattractively as the burn heals.

I do not use this on my face as I have very oily skin and it is simply too powerful for me but it works wonders on light sunburns and has saved me many embarrassing flaking skin incidents. Plus it seems to speed healing and does not leave your skin with that tight, almost painful feeling that you get from an untreated sunburn.

Good moisturizer

Comments about Pond's Dry Skin Cream:

I like this product, but I wouldn't classify it as a cream that caters toward dry skin. If a product claims to be for dry skin, I expect it to be extremely moisturizing. While this product is moisturizing, it's no intense. I think that any skin type would like this product. However, those with very, very dry skin might be left begging for more moisture.

I have combination to oily skin, but I bought this product for the dry patches I get around my blemishes when they're near their end. However, I didn't find this product to be moisturizing enough to calm the flakiness and dryness of those breakout spots.

The good points about this product are that it absorbs quickly and well into the skin. It never leaves my skin looking greasy or oily.

It's important to keep in mind, however, that this product does contain mineral oil. Mineral oil is known to cause breakouts. It did cause me to break out quite a bit, so do be wary of that.

Very hydrating

from Edina, MN

Comments about Pond's Dry Skin Cream:

The Pond's Dry Skin Cream is very hydrating and great for dry skin. I have oily skin, but every once in awhile it gets very dehydrated and I get dry patches so I use more hydration then than I normally would. This Pond's cream adds a lot of moisture to the skin and little bit goes a long way; you really only need a small dab for the whole or most of the face. I noticed that it is a little greasy so I really only use this when I need it. It is a very dense cream and needs a little bit of time to absorb. It doesn't absorb as rapidly as the lightweight moisturizers I am used to using. However, this is probably a great night cream for anyone with dry skin or during the winter months when our skin is robbed of all hydration to a point of driving us crazy!

Hydrates, nourishes and moisturizes dry skin.

Ease of Application
Easy to apply, just like any other cream or moisturizer.

The scent is soft and not overpowering.

Fantastic Feeling

Comments about Pond's Dry Skin Cream:

I loved using Pond's Dry Skin Cream. I have always had dry or combination skin and have been looking for a product that I would love. My grandmother swore by Ponds and now I do, too! My skin felt wonderful every day. I also loved the scent of the cream and it had a light feeling to it. I would recommend it for combination skin and dry skin. It never felt oily, it made my skin feel refreshed and smooth.

Worked in just a few days. I didn't have to use it for months before I felt, and noticed, a difference. I wanted a product that I could use and notice something in a short period of time. I also wanted a product where I could feel the difference in my skin. Ponds made that happen!

Ease of Application
Super easy to use! I used it in the morning and I used it at the end of the day. In fact, I was getting into the habit of not taking my make-up off at the end of the day and Ponds changed that as I looked forward to using it every night!

I love using it at the end of the day before falling asleep. The scent is light and relaxing.

It's average.

from Kansas

Comments about Pond's Dry Skin Cream:

Wow, people seem to be giving the product very positive reviews. I wish my experiences were as good. I have extremely dry skin, especially in the winter so I'm constantly searching for products to help with the problem. Bought this product because I had read online that is was really good. It's very thick and creamy but is fairly light weight on your face - I thought it may be heavy. After a few days of use I didn't really experience any extreme changes with the dryness of my skin. The product is comparable to just bout any other lotion out there, in my opinion. One thing I really did not like about the product was the smell. To me it kind of smells like baby lotion, which I don't find appealing. Overall, I say it's a good lotion for just every day but for me at least it wasn't effective at helping with my dry skin, even though it's a Dry Skin Cream supposedly. It may just not work well with my skin, who knows.

Comments about Pond's Dry Skin Cream:

Pond's Dry Skin Cream is one that I can remember my Mom using when I was growing up. I now use it myself and love the results I get. Combination skin is hard to deal with, I have oily spots, then there are dry patches that look horrible when you wear foundation. Pond's Dry Skin Cream has been the solution to my problem. I use it at night and it leaves my skin silky smooth and has helped with the dry patches. Another plus is the cost of this product, it is very inexpensive and that makes me even happier with Pond's Dry Skin Cream.

Pond's Dry Skin Cream is the most effective skin product ever. I love how you can use it all over your body if you want to. It especially works well on elbows, hands even your feet.

Ease of Application
This is very easy to use, just apply to your face, hands and body. The only thing to remember is to just use a small amount, this goes a long way.

The scent of Pond's Dry Skin Cream is really nice, just a pleasant, clean smell.

• Ease of Application:

my favorite cream of all time

Comments about Pond's Dry Skin Cream:

My skin is normally dry so I need a good moisturizier. I always apply this Ponds dry skin cream right before I put my makeup on. It absorbs quickly and it goes on smoothly. I use it every morning and evening after washing my face. It feels very moisturizing without feeling heavy or oily. A little of this cream definitely goes a long way. It has a thick and creamy texture and its unscented. I like how it leaves my face feeling hydrated all day. It really does leave my face feeling really soft and smooth. I like how this cream is very lightweight so it doesn't feel too heavy on my face. I like how this cream is inexpensive so its affordable to buy. I would definitely buy this skin cream again. If you have a problem with dry, irritated, or chapped skin I would highly recommend this cream for you because your skin will look and feel way healthier after using this for about a week.