3.9

3.9

Really impressive

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about Polk Audio PSW505 Subwoofer:

I wanted to upgrad an 8 inch subwoofer that I had and after looking at the options, I chose the Polk. It is good looking, easy to set up and sounds great. It really helps those movies come to life, while not sounding too " Boomy". It takes a little time to get the cross over set up right, but it is worth the effort.

Take the time to set the corss over frequency.

• Sound Quality:
  • Compatibility:

Solid, tight bass. Excellent dispersion. Reasonable price.

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Polk Audio PSW505 Subwoofer:

Polk Audio, in my experience, has always made a quality speaker.  All that I've owned have had great sound at a reasonable price.  The PSW505 Subwoofer follows this as well.  Tight, powerful bass, clean sound and great sound dispersion.  You can hide it behind a chair with no loss of sound quality or performance.

Amazing Bass

from Herriman, UT

Comments about Polk Audio PSW505 Subwoofer:

great sound and well worth the money. this thing shacks my room. just amazing. i think the 2 most important speakers for surround sound it 1 the center channel. and 2 the sub. this has tons of bass and sounds good to. great price, great guilty, polk is the best bang for you buck for speakers.

Great but not as a primary sub

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Polk Audio PSW505 Subwoofer:

I bought this sub to work basically in conjunction with my 12" Klipsch.  The Klipsch is being used for low bass while my polk is being used for medium bass levels.  It does a great job but was very unhappy to see no LFE input, just the basic sterio input on the back, did some research and found out a person can use the red input for LFE though.  Like i said, this is a great accent sub, it doesn't hit very hard but does a great job with the medium bass levels you will sometimes get in movies.  I would not crank the power to high on this sub otherwise you might start getting distortion.  I tuned it in to the level that I normall watch TV's at, if having a house party with the music cranked up I will usually lower the volume on the sub.  The look of the sub is very clean and being the first time I have used a polk I wasn't dissapointed too much.  I think the actuall sub could handle a bit more with a better amplifier but thats just me.

NO BETTER SUB FOR THE MONEY - PERIOD!!!!!!!

from Yalaha, FL

Comments about Polk Audio PSW505 Subwoofer:

No, it does not get the ultra-lows, but in most roome modes, it still reaches VERY low and CLEAR.  One would have to spend twice this amount to gain only marginal improvement.  BUY one before they are all gone!~!!!!

I love Polk speakers and would like to hear these!

from Anchorage, AK

Comments about Polk Audio PSW505 Subwoofer:

Polk makes great speakers and though I have not heard these yet, would really to listen carefully to this product. I am in the market for a subwoofer and will see if I can find these to check out. Thanks for this opportunity.

Not worth the money

from Springboro, OH

Comments about Polk Audio PSW505 Subwoofer:

I love Polk speakers they are good, but they make lack luster subs.This sub is not awful and you probably will not hate it, but compare it to something from SVS Sound and you will cry over your bad decision.Go buy a sub from someone who is know for subs, the Polk sub is just lackluster

Accurate and Clear Base Response...

from Frisco, TX

Comments about Polk Audio PSW505 Subwoofer:

Simple design and clear sound.  This sub is a real winner.  Excellent frequency response and virtually no distortion or reverberation.  It functions well as both a home theatre and music sub.

With plenty of power to spare, this sub is guaranteed to rattle your windows.  Installation is simple with true 5-way binding posts.

In our eyes, the only caveat is that the PSW505 is only available in one finish:  Black.