View more stereo speakers

Polk Audio Monitor Main Stereo Speaker

Polk Monitor 70 - great speakers for the price

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Polk Audio Monitor Main Stereo Speaker:

I purchased these speakers to go with my new Onkyo receiver to replace my HTIB speaker system.  I had heard great things about these Polk speakers, so I was willing to give them a try at the price they were selling.  I was pleasantly surprised at how rich and full these speakers sounded.  I have them in an average sized family room, but it is very open and has vaulted ceilings.  This generally is somewhat difficult to fill, however, these speakers had no trouble whatsoever.  I was able to hear sounds at all frequencies that they were advertised to be able to play.  It comes complete with 2 woofers, 2 subwoofers and a tweeter.  The size was not quite as massive as I was expecting, but certainly larger than the tiny speakers I was replacing.  Nice thing is they are floorstanding, so I didn't need anything to place them on.  Overall, I would definately recommend these to others, unless they are complete audiophiles.

Best value in Hi-Fi - period

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Polk Audio Monitor Main Stereo Speaker:

These Polk's are the definitive best value going for 2 rock steady front channel L/R speakers. Especially for 2 channel music, but could also be heart of a home theater multi-channel setup.  They are now sold as series II with slight mod from original at newegg and the often sall price is just exceptional for the quality of speaker you receive.  I have the original & new series II.  The newer model is mainly slight cosmetic changes and sound is as great as the much loved original.  You will not regret a purchase of these,  and need to spend at least twice as much for like quality in any other brand.