1.9

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Features:

Reasonably easy women

I've hooked up with several average-looking women from Plenty of Fish.  Keep in mind that it's not like the "intimate encounters" type sites where you can let women know you just want a hookup.  Here, you have to make 'em believe you're looking for more.It seems all the guys are looking for sex and the VAST majority of women are looking for long-term, even when they say they aren't.In that way it's not as fulfilling as the sex-only sites, because there's a certain level of dishonesty.  Everybody's BSing each other.. but how is that different from real life?While it is free, it will take up quite a bit of your time in hitting on women, getting flaked out on, etc.  There are a LOT of flakes on the site.  And very few women initiate contact even though it's free.Be prepared to be grilled by chicks, even chunkers, to see if you're looking for "just sex" and have the appropriate responses -- which I'm sure you know by heart by now -- ready to go.Good site, but I wouldn't pay for it.

Ultimate POF Review -the most thorough review you will ever read

**Public Over-the-top-repeated-humiliation and multiple Failures is POF!  Plenty of Fish (POF) a Lesson in Humiliation and Desperation!**

**Site is good, people on...Read complete review

**Site is good, people on it...not so much.**

Do you want women who are full of themselves, are shallow, ignorant, uneducated, sleep around, have ego problems, who will make you feel like a total loser (when you are the educated, personable, attractive, and successful one in real life, and they are the true losers) and who mess with your mind and self-esteem in their own made up fantasy world where nice guys are just a dirty piece of chewed gum stuck on their high heels, then my friend, POF is for you!

Let me tell you why plenty of fish (POF) is really awesome. It is the best place where you can find:

**Top 10 POF Commandments**

1.      Single moms who possess entitlement complexes and who are way out of your league

2.      18 year old girls who think they have figured everything out and who have major attitude problems and suffer from the Princess syndrome

3.      Seemingly normal girls with major hidden medical and/or personality conditions

4.      The odd normal girl that piques your attention, and as soon as there is a connection, poof, she is gone as fast as she came

5.      Girls that promise to send you a picture, as soon as you do of course, and tell you it’s not just about looks but instead personality, but they just want to see who they are talking to...and then you send them a picture...and nothing...yet they always seem logged on...and they never send you one ever, even after saying they would respond in kind

6.      Lots of high-school dropouts and similar under-achievers seeking to escape their daily lives of general failure by turning into an online popularity diva

7.      Those who think they are funny, witty, and intelligent; except they are not, and quite crude, vulgar, and uneducated instead

8.      Those who claim they want a nice guy and are sweet and caring, except they are mean, stuck up, and self-centered instead

9.      Those with serious past relationship issues, yet who judge you anyway, even though you had no past issues and are a truly nice guy in real life

10.  Those who seem average (minus the poor spelling and grammar), but then are masseuses/aestheticians with “graduate degrees” and list a paragraph worth of key traits they are looking for in a guy, such as nice, but not too nice; abs; confident but not too cocky; a real man but not too sensitive...and other such paradoxical meaningless and senseless adjectives...but then the guys with the big abs and the nice car always get messaged back...and then she puts “been hurt before” and “looking for someone different...a nice guy...something real...don't want to repeat past mistakes...I learned from them" (while still listing just dating and nothing serious)...and so a shirtless guy posing in front of his car with nice abs messages her...and the vicious cycle repeats itself all over again...

And those were the top 10 POF Commandments.

After talking to a lot of these wannabe-women, aka damaged goods, all hope will be lost in the female race, which is when the Delete button is best pressed, before true hopelessness and desperation has a chance to fully set in.

It’s just like buying a used car from a shady dealership; you’re just going to be taking over another man’s problem.

Don't recommend it at all.

from Denver Colorado

Comments about Plenty of Fish:

I just want to give the guys my body the rest of me leave. I am going through a rough time he has a one track mind. Another only seen him a couple of times left me cause I didn't put out. The guys are all looking for one thing on this site. This site has no standards at all for these guys anybody can get on.

Plenty of Fish is not a company of integrity

from Yuma, AZ

Comments about Plenty of Fish:

i'm one of many who can no longer log on to POF. Can't access it. Can't delete our profiles because we can't access. It has no working customer service. Someone has ruined the site. Stay away from it!

Men on this site play games

from Tennessee

Comments about Plenty of Fish:

I connected with a dude on there and we exchanged numbers..Very nice looking average dude 40ish. But like somebody else review said, these profiles have looking for a serrious relationship but once you talk to the person its all about sex. but we continue to call and talk and i was interested in him. He was continuing to get on the site daily. But he knew i was interested in more than sex. Yesterday 5/23/16 he got on his homeboy profile and hit me up as if he was the dude of the profile hitting me up. Yes i responded but was really trying to be about the dude that done that. So beware of the dudes name who ends in 917 because even though it says he interested in a relationship ,he's only interested in sex..

No, definitely not

from ridgecrest, ca

Comments about Plenty of Fish:

Both sexes seem pretty unhappy at this site. The men are just trolling for sex. Out of date photos, lying and many men that just like to post their possesions
My own experience was not positive. 95% of my attempts to contact a member of the opposite sex were never answered and I sent a lot of unique and thought out 1st contact emails. Many were deleted without being read, nor was my profile viewed. Some were deleted following a view of my profile and that's OK. Based on my personal experience I have to conclude a high % of the males there have no intention of actually pursuing a relationship, although that is the stated objective of 90% of the male profiles, unless a platonic conversation once or twice, followed by a quick sex act constitutes a relationship.I had the same experience with long outdated photos on male profiles, repeatedly. And apparently "a few extra pounds" does not mean the same thing to a man as it does to me. Probably half of the men at POF in my state are carrying around an extra 50 to 75lbs. And I quickly learned that Looking for Love, Seeking My Soulmate and other like female qualifiers were code for a delusional man with no interest or desire for intimacy. Although the word love did appear a number of times I did not come away feeling it would consist of much more than amiable companionship in a traveling companion for these males. It would seem for most males at POF any thoughts of being friends with their dating prospect dried up long ago. I'm sure there are successes at POF. But I am equally sure the nonsuccess rate is at least 50 to 1 over the success rate. Males and females seem to have a hugely differing view when it comes to the definition of relationship.

WARNING: gagging may ensue from reading this review

from NYC

Comments about Plenty of Fish:

I may have been the most skeptical, online dating bashing, hater of everything that is POF, 20 something female in the whole state...but one boring weeknight, a friend coerced me into making a POF. As a hater of all things online dating...making an account was slightly stressful. Do I try and sound appealing? Do I google pictures of a hideous "female" and pass her off as me to ward off messages? I went with a profile that was exactly who I was...and considering I opened my bio with my love for food, and ended my bio openly talking about Jesus, figured I would ward off enough creeps. 5 minutes later, a message pops up. The message courteously reads something along the lines of this...hey girl, wanna sit on my face? ;) throughout the next couple days, close to 1000 more messages come in, with the majority of them reading similar things. YEP, TOLD YOU ALL SO. POF is horrible. One day, I got the message every online dater on the down low dreads to receive, "HEY, I know you!" Yes...it happened. A guy I've secretly crushed on since 2005 found me on this shameful site. Reason #2 why POF Is no good. POF matches you with people nearby, so you may find your neighbor on there, your ex boyfriend, your professor at college...talk about awkward. Fast forward over a year. The guy who humiliated me on my quest to find out what POF is all about turned out to be the guy of my dreams. Everything I've ever asked a guy to do for me...he does without me asking. Every quality I want in a guy...he has. No one has ever made me happier...and did I mention how hot he is? So should you throw together a profile in efforts to find some hook-up or the love of your life? Well, you can try...but I already took the best guy on the app ;)

Plenty of disappointment

from Statesville,NC

Comments about Plenty of Fish:

Both sexes seem pretty unhappy at this site. Females complain the men are just trolling for sex. The men complain the females are just fishing for compliments and actually have no interest in dating. Both sides complain of out of date photos, lying and disingenuous reasons for why others are at the site. I expect both sides are correct.
My own 4 month experience was not positive. 95% of my attempts to contact a member of the opposite sex were never answered and I sent a lot of unique and thought out 1st contact emails. Many were deleted without being read, nor was my profile viewed. Some were deleted following a view of my profile and that's OK. Based on my personal experience I have to conclude a high % of the females there have no intention of actually pursuing a relationship, although that is the stated objective of 90% of the female profiles, unless a platonic conversation once or twice a week constitutes a relationship.I had the same experience with long outdated photos on a female profiles, repeatedly. And apparently "a few extra pounds" does not mean the same thing to a woman as it does to a man. Probably half of the women at POF in my state are carrying around an extra 50 to 75lbs. And I quickly learned that Looking for Prince Charming , Seeking My Soulmate and other like male qualifiers were code for a delusional woman with no interest or desire for intimacy. Indeed of the hundreds of profiles I read only 1 actually mentioned intimacy. Although the word love did appear a number of times I did not come away feeling it would consist of much more than amiable companionship in a traveling companion for these females. It would seem for most females at POF any thoughts of intimacy or sex dried up and haired over long ago. I'm sure there are successes at POF. But I am equally sure the nonsuccess rate is at least 50 to 1 over the success rate. Males and females seem to have a hugely differing view when it comes to the definition of relationship.

IT'S (MOSTLY) FREE, SO YOU (MOSTLY) GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...

from Chicago area , IL

Comments about Plenty of Fish:

Joining and using PoF is extremely easy. You can have a profile up and running on the site within about 10 to 15 minutes. (Depending on how detailed and elaborate you want to make the profile, that is). Once you've made the profile though, and ideally added at least a few pics, you're basically in business. As a free member there's a section where you can see who viewed your profile, as long as the viewer hasn't blocked that function (though you cannot see when they viewed it -- that comes only if you pay), and it's free to send out unlimited amounts of messages. As a free member you won't be able to see if or when your sent messages were read however (which might be a good thing in some ways). You almost can't effectively use the "meet me" function unless you and your match are both paying users. The site largely allows you to choose who you wish to see in your potential dating pool. You can do this by filtering your matches based on everything from race to age (although the site now stops you from contacting, or apparently even viewing in your regular search results, anyone who is too far below or too far above what it deems to be your age range -- take note guys and gals who want to date much younger or much older people). You can even select your potential matches' dating intentions. The ratio is in favor of females on PoF, I would have to guess, and many men report sending out lots of messages to different women and being hard-pressed to get (m)any responses back. Part of that is likely because some of the women on there (I suspect) get fairly swamped with messages. The other part is likely because these kinds of sites can become habitual and rather like window shopping, where some people (male or female) seem to just keep looking around, absorbing ego boosts & always holding out for the elusive "bigger better deal". With patience, luck, and a thick skin, successes are possible on PoF. But don't expect an eHarmony or Christian Mingle type environment.

Watch out for fakes ladies!!

from Folsom,ca

Comments about Plenty of Fish:

This site is loaded with fakes. They usually SAY they are looking for a relationship, but in reality, they're looking for hookups. Think about it..handsome, athletic,(gym rat), luxury car...never married.....and they're on a dating site. Usually have a personality disorder or they'd be taken by now, particularly at 40 something. I'm just disgusted. DONT FALL FOR THE CHARM LADIES!!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Place is a joke

from WI

Comments about Plenty of Fish:

They will delete your account then not give you a reason as to why they deleted it. A website full players, liars, and people who get butt hurt too easily. You would be lucky if you get 1 reply out of 100 emails

The Free Dating Site that is NOT FREE

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Plenty of Fish:

If someone wants to meet you -- pay up to see who it is. Basically, putting your info out there is free, EVERYTHING ELSE COSTS MONEY. How is this not false advertising?