Other Floor Cleaners:
Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner

Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner

Pros

Cons

Keep wood floors clean and shiny with Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner.

We have hardwood floors throughout most of the house and we live with several cats, so I need a fast and easy way to clean floors (and remove pawprints) to keep them looking their best between major cleanings.  I told my husband to pick up a bottle of "squirt and mop" floor cleaner on his recent shopping trip and he came home with a bottle of *Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner*.

This product is designed to remove dirt and grime and leave floors shiny without leaving buildup behind to dull their appearance.  It should be used only on sealed floors only and does not need to be mixed or diluted.  *Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner* is super easy to use: you just squirt it onto floors and then wipe it up with a damp mop or even a damp cloth.

Although I haven't really detected any kind of noticeable citrus scent, I have been very happy with the performance of this *Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner*.  I don't have to bust out a bucket, measure out cleaner, and properly dilute it before cleaning the floor.  Of course my floors look best when I use a traditional floor cleaner like Murphy's Wood Soap, but this *Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner* allows me to keep them looking great during the week when I don't have the time or energy to do the real deal.  Recommended!

This Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner does a nice job of removing dirt and cat paw marks on our hardwood floors and leaving them shiny and sparkling clean.

This squirt and mop product has a classic "cleaning product" fragrance but I don't mind it. I kind of like being reminded that I just did a good job of cleaning the floors when I re-enter the room and smell this product.

Hmmm Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner

I just am not really sure what to think of Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner yet. I have brand new wood laminate flooring in my kitchen and was looking for a good decent priced product to clean my floors with. Pledge wood floor cleaner is supposed to clean with no dulling residue, reveal natural shine, and safely remove any dirt and grime. I will say that pledge wood floor cleaner does an excellent job at cleaning the dirt and grime off my floor, but I do not notice that much of a shine after it has completely dried. The Pledge wood floor cleaner also leaves behind markings if walked across while still damp by myself or one of my animals and I hate seeing the footprints left behind. Pledge wood floor cleaner is a great fast way to clean your floors without needing a mop and bucket and that is just a great way to clean if you ask me! The pledge wood floor cleaner does not leave behind any kind of build up either when you use it to clean your floors. The price is not too bad either. Too bad it does not have much of a fresh clean scent to it though.

Pledge's Wood Floor Cleaner really cleans and shines

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner:

This floor care product for wood floors really does clean. It also leaves my floors very shiny. I bought my house a couple of years ago. Not ever having wood floors before, this house has many rooms with it so I needed to find a product that really works,; cleaning and shining. I do believe I found it with this product by Pledge. All that you do is use a wet mop or I use a wet rag, spray a little of this product on a section of your wood floor, then mop up. It cleans as you mop and it really leaves the floors so shiny. The bonus is the smell. It smells so fresh and therefore makes me feel like my floors are very clean. I do like this. It also is very reasonably priced.

Cleans and shines with hardly any effort. Just use a wet mop or rag. You really will be amazed at the shine. It's almost like your floors are still wet but that is how it shines up the wood floors.

A very clean, crisp and fresh smell that it will leave behind. Very nice.

Great product!

Comments about Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner:

I have four rooms with hardwood floors & have been using Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner for years. For a while I would switch back & forth between wood floor cleaners depending on which was the cheapest. And then, one time after I had cleaned my floors & let them dry, it looked like puddles had dried all over my floors. I mopped them again with the Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner & they still looked terrible.

I telephoned the 800 number on the back of the Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner bottle. Customer service told me I had probably had a chemical reaction between the different brands of cleaners I’d used. She instructed me to mop my floors with a mixture of ¼ cup Armstrong Floor Cleaner, 1 cup of ammonia, & a ½ gallon cool water to strip the floors. I then was to follow with Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner. After I followed her instructions my floors looked fantastic. Since that time I have continued to use Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner & have been very pleased with it. Visitors always complement me on how great my wood floors look. This product is a keeper!

Customer Service was great & resolved my issues when I had problems.

Nice cleaner

from Richmond VA

Comments about Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner:

This cleaner did a pretty good job of helping me to clean, brighten, and maintain the dingy wood floors in my old apartment. I was able to clean them very easily and make them look so much better. I didn't like the way that it smelled very much (it was a little bit too pungent for my taste), so I ended up having to throw open the windows while I used it. That was frustrating since it was cold outside! However, I was overall very pleased with how the cleaner worked and might use it again if I can find a way to dilute the scent a bit.

This really did a great job of cleaning my wood floors. They were so old and needed a serious polish, and they looked beautiful after I used this cleaner. I was very happy with it.

I thought the scent was overwhelming at first. It dissipated quickly enough that it wasn't a problem for too long, but it was still too strong for my taste. I had to open up my windows!

My wood looks beautiful.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner:

I have all wood floors throughout my house, and this has become a pain. I tried many different cleaners but they all seemed to either leave too many streaks, not get it clean enough, or they just left my floor feeling kind of sticky and nasty. I found this pledge wood floor cleaner and figured that I would give it a shot. I am so glad that I did. It works very well and gives my floor the kind of clean that I wanted it to have. It shines up very well and you can almost see yourself reflecting in it. I like that you do not have to use a whole ton of this. I wet my mop to where it is just barely damp and only use a little squirt of this on the floor and a little bit really does last for a large area, you do not need a ton. It does not get sticky like many of the floor cleaners do, my floor always feels nice after I use it. It fills the house with a nice smell, something that I have come to expect and love from pledge.

Convenient but Check for Allergies First

from Lafayette, LA

Comments about Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner:

Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner is a convenient and effective floor cleaner if you don't want to mop your floors. A little dab goes a long way to cleaning your floors. It's fast, easy, and pain free. It works well in removing stains on your floors or leftover residue. It does not leave my floors with noticeable shine, which is something I wish it would do. Despite the effectiveness and convenience of this product, I am unable to use it. I own a cat and after I started using Pledge, she started getting a horrible skin rash. I couldn't figure out the problem and had to take her to the vet. Sure enough, she would lay on the floors and the Pledge would get on her skin and irritate it. She is allergic to Pledge. If you have pets, I would keep an eye on any pets, as they might also have sensitive skin or allergies. The product does take a while to dry completely, so you might want to keep pets out of the area until fully dried.

Good Ol' Pledge

Comments about Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner:

My absolute favorite thing about this product is the smell. I love the way it makes my dining room smell after a good mopping. I've always used pledge to clean my wood furniture and now love it for my floors too! It is super easy to use: No hard scrubbing required! My wood floors look beautiful and I always get compliments from guests on them. Tried and true, I've used pledge since learning to clean as a small child. I'm a consumer for life! Last but not least, it is an incredible value! So much bang for your buck. Thanks Pledge!

I finally found a Wood Floor Cleaner that works for me.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner:

Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner has saved my wood floors. I first thought I was going to have to replace my hard wood floors with carpet because the wood floors in my home are extremely old and no matter what I used on it, the dingy look it had wouldn't go away. Then I found this wonderful wood floor cleaner by pledge. I use the pledge furniture polish so I was pretty sure this wood floor cleaner would work just as good. And it did. I was so satisfied with the way this cleaner brightened my floors. My forty year old hardwood floors looked brand new and had a sparkle that I have never seen on my floors before. I have continued to use this floor cleaner over the last few months and I can tell the huge difference in my floors. Some of the cleaners I've used before left my floor with a oily feel and they were left slick and slippery. This brand is a little pricey but you get a large container and it last for months. So, it is well worth the money spent.

Good for wooden floors

Comments about Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner:

I have hardwood floors in my living room, which is the first room any guests see. I wanted the floors to be shiny and well kept. Pledge Cleaner keeps my floor really shiny and new looking. There are no streaks or residue after usage which is perfect. My only complaint is that I wished it smelled better. I have to spray air freshener after using this product.

I Will Always Use Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner

Comments about Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner:

I love this cleaner. You just squirt it on, let it dry and it looks great. I have tried cheaper unnamed brands that smear, leave streaks and you can tell exactly where my mop went. But with Pledge, it looks like I just had my floors refinished. They shine evenly, and smell wonderful. It even works on my bathroom tile. I accidentally cleaned the tile in the bathroom without thinking about changing my mop and was surprised how well it worked, even on tile. I now no longer buy my tile cleaner. I just use Pledge for all of my floors. I would recommend this to anyone with wood floors.

Pledge does an excellent job of cutting through spills, dirt and grime and leaves the floor very clean. My whole house smells clean and fresh.

I love the smell. I cannot quite pinpoint what it is. It is not lemon, but very refreshing and clean smelling. I have a dog and cat and Pledge just freshens up the whole house.

The only floor cleaner I'll use

Comments about Pledge Wood Floor Cleaner:

I have just recently discovered that there are many different uses of Pledge floor cleaner than just mopping the floors. I have used this cleaner to use other items in my house. I also have used the floor cleaner for arts and crafts. I made all of my Christmas ornaments this year using Pledge. I bought clear attic ornaments, put pledge floor cleaner and glitter in them. Everyone that saw them thought they were beautiful and they were amazed to find out that I used pledge floor cleaner to make the glitter stick. I recommended this product to many people and had several of them using it to make their own ornaments as well as cleaning their floors.

This gets my floors so clean. I'll never use another floor cleaner. You don't have to break your back scrubbing when using this product.

I love the scent. It makes the whole house smell good and the smells lingers. The lemon scent is not overpowering like most other lemon scented cleaners.