Other General Household Cleaners:

Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner

Pros

Cons

Makes multi-tasking easier!

For some reason, it took me a while to find **Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner** in the stores, perhaps because I tend to order stuff like this from Peapod who seemed to balk at stocking this product.  When I did locate a spray bottle of this interesting product, for some reason I stuck it in with my other (usually loftily ignored) cleaners and polishes and forgot about it until the other day when I decided to give it the acid test -- polishing and dusting that heart-shaped mirror in the hallway.  This project always required two cleaning agents before -- Windex for the glass and Pledge for the pine frame.  Things had become a little easier with the invention of Windex and Pledge wipes but cleaning this mirror still required a certain amount of time and patience.  Thanks to the folks at the S. C. Johnson Company, all I have to do now is spray the whole mirror (frame included) with **Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner** and polish it all off in half the time.

**WHAT THIS IS:**

**Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner** combines the best of both Windex and Pledge to produce a formula which can safely clean virtually any household surface except unsealed wood, marble, or granite.  According to the label information, **Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner** is perfect for metal, (finished) wood, glass, or even cleaning electronic equipment (i.e., computer keyboards).  It also contains Allergen Trappers, a feature important to those of us who are sensitive to dust.  Some precautions are provided including testing on unknown surfaces, unplugging electrical equipment before cleaning it, and spraying **Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner** on a cloth and applying it by hand to certain electronic surfaces.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

I thought that **Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner** did a wonderful job on my heart-shaped mirror which now looks almost as good as the day I proudly hung it on the wall for the first time.  My own suggestion is that in the case of **Pledge Multi-Surface Cleaner**, less is more.  Because I got a bit carried away and sprayed too much on, as it so happens I **did **have a problem with streaks on the glass but was able to polish them away with a clean cloth.  I would think that **Pledge Multi-surface Cleaner** would be wonderful for cleaning windows which are framed in wood, and glass-covered pictures and paintings in wooden or metal frames.

Works beautifully.

Great scent for a household polish.

Pledge Multi- Surface Spray is a big letdown

I used the Pledge Multi Surface Spray in Lavender scent- it smelled too much like chemicals. I was very excited when I first purchased this product because I could use it on so many things. I was really let down by this product. I first used it on my dining room table, it seemed to work ok. I then used it on my television and glass top coffe tables. A huge mistake - It left streak marks everywhere. At first I thought that it might be the cloth that I was cleaning with, so I changed cloths, it still left streaks on my glass tops and tv. I finally had to break out my windex to get the streaks out. I will say it did an avarage job on my stainless steel fridge- but then again because of the brushed polish it is hard to tell. I think that light general clieaning for tables that are not glass and for appliances it is ok, but it defeats the purpose to have an all in one cleaner when you have to go behind with another one to get the streaks out. I was just truly disappointed in this product.

Pledge's Multi Surface Cleaner really does clean many surfaces

from Mesa, AZ

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner:

This product can be used on just about any and every surface types that you have. From mirrors to countertops to cupboards to furniture, it really gets the job done. It cleans and shines with just a little wiping using a cloth. The scent that it gives off is wonderful. Such a refreshing and clean smell. Takes away all smudges left on your countertops and even fingerprints left on your stainless steel appliances. It doesn't even leave streaks on mirrors. It also can be used on glass windows and other glass products (I personally have not yet tried it on windows). I do like this product as it is such a multi use product and does work. Here is a product that actually lives up to what it states.

It really does get the job done by cleaning and not leaving any streaks or smudges while providing a fresh and clean scent.

The scent is one to be desired. Not over-powering. Very fresh and crisp.

Convenient and Great-Smelling

from Boynton Beach, FL

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner:

We've used Pledge in our house since I was a kid and Mom would make me spend part of every Saturday vacuuming and dusting the living room. Pledge Multi-surface Cleaner is even better than the aerosol can of Lemon Scented Pledge I used to use.

Pledge Multi-surface Cleaner is formulated to work on granite, glass, wood, plastics, electronics, stainless steel, and more. Although I have never used it on windows or mirrors (vinegar and water is a much more cost-effective cleaner for that), I had used it on nearly every other surface in our dining and living areas. It is convenient to use one cloth and one product instead of carrying around an armload of supplies.

Pledge Multi-Surface works like a dream on our wood dining tables and bookcases, makes our granite-topped buffet sparkle, and whisks away and repels dust from the TV screen and sound system speakers. I even spray a little on our laminate floor after sweeping to give them a nice shine.

I love the scent of this product. Fresh and citrus-y, but not too lemony.

Pledge Multi Surface cleaner works well on some things.

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner:

Pledge Multi Surface cleaner works well on some things but not so well on other things. I bought this cleaner because I really liked the scent. I am quite a multi-tasker, so I thought it wold be nice to have a cleaning product that was, too.

When I multi-task, I am better at doing some things than others. That's the same way I think of this cleaner. It does a very nice job on some tasks, and falls a little short on others. It is great for dusting and cleaning wood furniture. I think that is what the Pledge brand is know for, so I am not surprised that it does a very good job on those projects.

But I never considered Pledge a product I would use for cleaning hard surfaces or glass. And it just falls short in these areas. I tried to use it just like I use my other glass cleaners and I was disappointed. It left streaks and was difficult to wipe down completely.

I used the rest of the product only as a substitute for my "regular" pledge. And when it was empty, I never bought it again. It's a great idea (multi-tasking product), but this one just doesn't do all of it's job well enough.

Overall, I'd give it a score of 7-1/2, but I'll round up to 8.

It is nice having a cleaner that does multiple things!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner:

The Pledge multi surface cleaner is a pretty good product. It cleans different kinds of surfaces so it makes it easy to just get multiple jobs done with one spray cleaner. It is also nice that this not only cleans but has the power to fight germs as well. It is easy to spray on and use. It works well on many things. I can carry this around to many rooms in the house and it will do the job that it says it does without damaging anything. I have also heard of people using this inside of a car to clean. I will have to try that for myself one of these days. I would buy this again if it was on sale. It has a nice scent to it making your house smell fresh and clean. All in all it is a good spray.

This multi purpose spray does a good job of cleaning and dusting. It makes things look better. I think it does it's job well and it is nice to know that it is fighting germs at the same time.

It has a nice, crisp and clean scent to it.

Disappointed in this product

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner:

I was not impressed with this product because I did not think it removed all of the dirt off of the surfaces I tried it on. I thought the cleaner wasn't very strong and left dirt even though I wiped thoroughly. I tried it on wood and was not satisfied with how the wood table looked afterwards. Other wood cleaners leave wood looking a lot more conditioned and richer than this product. I was also afraid to use it on my television but it worked well removing dust from it. The can is easy to use and sprays evenly. It did a good job removing food and fingerprints off of my stainless steel dishwasher and refrigerator. The smell is pretty faint whereas I prefer a stronger cleaner smell to remind me that I just cleaned the area. The can doesn't hold as much cleaner as a traditional bottle so I haven not purchased it again. The spray comes out quickly and the cleaner is a good consistency. It did not impress me with its ability to pick up dirt and stuck on food so I do not recommend it.

Pleasantly Surprised

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner:

I was very pleasantly surprised to find that Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner actually works as well as advertised. It seemed a bit too good to be true, so I kept my expectations rather low. I've used regular Pledge products in the past on wood and liked them.

Pledge Multi Surface works well for finished wood, electronics, countertops, and some glass products. I don't like it for windows, but I do use it on wood tables with glass tops. It is much easier than using a glass cleaner and a wood cleaner on one piece of furniture.

All Pledge products are great for repelling dust as well, and the multi surface cleaner does this as well. It's best to use less than you think you will need. It can be easy to use too much, which can leave a residue and buildup.

I also really like using it for computer equipments and keyboards. I normally take all the keys off, vacuum the keyboard, and then clean it with Pledge. This keeps dust down very well, and I don't worry about it not being safe for my electronics.

The lemon scent is nice and light, not too heavy a fume-like.

Pledge

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner:

I was very skeptical about purchasing the Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner at first. I have always loved Pledge products, but a cleaning spray that was good for multiple types of surfaces. Finally, I decided to try it. I got a coupon from a newspaper insert or from somewhere and figured I'd go ahead. I must say that I fell in love with it. It did exactly what it says. I was able to clean my tv stand which is black glass and some sort of painted black steel or some type of metal. My countertops were clean with no issues, my windows were streak free and my computer desk was clean. I have always had to buy so many different products for different types of furniture. It was nice finally being able to just buy one item and be able to use it for so many different things. The Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner doesn't have a horrible smell either. It has a quite clean and great smell to it. A must have when cleaning. Just wish it was a bit cheaper.

Convenience and performance

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner:

I will admit that Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner was in stores in my areas for quite some time before I decided to try it out. It seemed to pricey to me and I assumed it would not perform as well as specialized cleaners would. A few months ago I decided to pick up a bottle instead of the original Pledge dusting spray because I had a coupon that made it very cheap. Now my only regret is not getting hooked on this product sooner.

I was immediately impressed by how well this cleaner works on a variety of surfaces. I didn't expect it to leave the clean shine that original Pledge does, and I expected it would leave streaks on glass surfaces. I was happy to be wrong this time. This spray does wonders for the numerous electronics that fill our living room, it leaves a beautiful shine on my finished wood furniture and hangings, and it leaves windows and pictures without streaks. I no longer have to switch products while cleaning and dusting and I do not have to worry whether what I am using is safe for my various electronics. I do not spray directly onto the electronics, but spray onto a cloth instead. This is not a heavy duty cleaner for sticky spills or stuck on grime, but it is a brilliant multi purpose cleaner and duster that saves me a lot of time.

The scent is light and quickly fades. I love that it does not over power the wax melts I use for fragrance in my home.

Great Product

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner:

Even though Pledge products are typically best known for dusting, I have found that t his Pledge multi surface is also great for glass tables, mirrors, and even counter tops. I have found that instead of use several different cleaning solutions for a variety of different surfaces, this product serves the same purpose. There is no build up of cleaning fluid, no streaking, so that you never have to go over something you have already polished. It is also good between deep cleanings as I was usually dusting and wiping down tables every week to a couple of times during the week because of a dust build up. This product really does cut down on constant dusting.

It works great for occasional dusting and polishing, as well as daily dusting and polishing. I like that it does not leave any build up and shines really nicely

No lingering odor and smelly cleaning scents that over power the home and your nose. I actually makes cleaning simple because you don't have to spend a lot of time cleaning with this product.

I pledge my allegiance to Pledge!

Comments about Pledge Multi Surface Cleaner:

From the moment I saw the bright blue shiny bottle at the store, I knew that good times were to come. I had previously been using Windex and Lysol and was very happy with them, but was recommended Pledge by my sister-in-law who said that it was great for Granite Countertops.
I tried it- to great results! First of all, let me tell you that this cleaner smells better than the majority of the other ones out there! Seriously. Most of them either smell like chemicals, or artificially altered to smell like something soothing and pleasant. This, however, has a naturally pleasing scent to it that makes me able to tolerate smelling it for long periods of time.
I also love how this product is easy to spray and doesn't leave any streaks. I am very fussy about seeing smudges and streaks on my counters, and this seems to do quite the job getting rid of dust and leaving a shiny finish.
Overall, to those tired of smelling chemicals in their house after simply wanting to clean the countertops, I pledge my allegiance to pledge!