4.8

Pledge Furniture Polish

4.8

Pros

Cons

When time marches on and nothing but the best will do.

More than 30 years go, in an Oak Park antique shop, I found an old camel-backed steamer trunk.  Manufactured by Marshall Fields who had been as famous for their trunks as they were for their stores, this trunk had clearly been a top-of-the-line deal in its time.  It was built of sturdy wood slats, covered with leather and generously lavished with ornate cast iron metal trim.  Inside there was a covered tray sporting humped back lids which followed the shape of the trunk's inner lid to maximize storage of smaller, personal-sized apparel and accessories for the distinguished traveler.  In its glory days when It had belonged to a Chicago attorney whose now disintegrating business card was still affixed, this piece of traveling furniture must have been an source of great pride to its owner.

Now time had marched on and nobody had cared for the trunk properly, which is why I was able to buy it for a very small price.  The leather handles had deteriorated away and broken off a long time ago and the rest of the leather been reduced to a a dry rust-colored powder. Because I didn't have enough money to hire somebody to refinish it, I did the next best thing -- gently washed off all that old powdered leather and cleaned the metal trim.  The washing process caused what was left of the old leather to embue the wood with a lovely hue and after letting the trunk dry, I carefully brushed the whole thing -- metal and wood alike -- with a couple coats of clear varnish.  After that, all there was left to do was periodically polish it with ***Pledge Furniture Polish***.

***Pledge Furniture Polish***, manufactured by the S. C. Johnson Company, has also been around for decades and shows every sign of being a "keeper" which probably never will go out of style  Reasonably priced and lemon-scented, ***Pledge Furniture Polish*** moisturizes and restores the lustre of fine wood, mercilessly wiping out up to 90% of those pesky dust allergans as well.  I personally prefer to use this product in the familiar yellow spray can rather than the alternate ***Pledge Wipes***.  It couldn't be easier -- the only hard part is working up the gumption and energy to do something useful, quickly followed by spraying ***Pledge*** on and waiting a few minutes before polishing off with a clean cloth.

**MY VIEWPOINT:**

Although that gorgeous old trunk still isn't "as good as new" and really needs more work, it is a thing of beauty once again and will probably stay that way as long as the S. C. Johnson Company keeps pumping out ***Pledge Furniture Polish*** -- and I keep summoning up the ambition to use it on this marvelous old piece of furniture.

Effective furniture polish but I hate how it feels on my hands

There is no arguing that Pledge Furniture Polish is effective. It only takes a few small sprays of this polish of a dust cloth to dust a whole room. This polish does a very effective job clinging to the rag and then picks up dust particles from the wood surfaces I clean with my dusting rag. I only need to wipe each surface once to pick up the dust particles. I also find that I only have to thoroughly dust each room every other week because the Pledge Furniture Polish does such a good job keeping the dust from accumulating between the times I dust. The only aspect of this product that I do not like us the film that it leaves on my hands. I find that Pledge Furniture Polish is irritating and drying to my skin and it is very difficult to get this product off of my hands after I have finished dusting my house. Soap and water generally due to the trick but I need to do quite a bit of scrubbing to remove the film. Overall, I am impressed with the performance of Pledge Furniture Polish but am disappointed that it is irritating and drying to my skin.

Great product

from buffalo,ny

About Me Value Oriented

Pros

• Controlled Spray
  • Multi-Use
  • Pleasant Smell

Cons

• Not Pet Safe

• Bathroom
  • Daily Cleaning

Comments about Pledge Furniture Polish:

This is a great product for everyday cleaning around the house. It leaves a nice clean scent after you are done as well. This is a well known brand with a good reputation. Most of the time I try to go with items with less harsh chemicals, which is the only down side of this product; however the bargain cannot really be beat. This is a great product and does leave the house spotless. I would 100% recommend this product for anyone that wants just one multi-use cleaner.

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Pledge, the household name!

from Myrtle Beach, SC

Comments about Pledge Furniture Polish:

Pledge has been a very popular household name since I can remember. My mom was the Queen of Clean. Every day we cleaned something and you could be sure that someone was holding a can of Pledge. Today, Pledge is still very popular with me. I use it about once a week. There has always been a fresh, clean, familiar smell with Pledge and everything shines and looks like new. I like that Pledge does not leave a greasy residue on my furniture. I have also used Pledge as a finishing touch on my bathroom counters and shower walls. When my kitchen cabinets begin to look dull, I just spray a little Pledge on my rag and wipe them off. What a difference it makes in the kitchen! Given the economy today, Pledge is still a very inexpensive cleaning product and it lasts for quite a long time, so it is well worth the money. I highly recommend Pledge above the rest for long lasting results.

Removes Dust Like a Charm

from Nashville, TN

Comments about Pledge Furniture Polish:

Pledge makes dust and dirt removal simple and easy. Unlike many of the cheap alternatives sold on the market, Pledge leaves the furniture or the item shiny and glossy, free of all dust and dirt. The spray is easy to use, and it works to help prevent so much dust from coming back again. We all have to dust, and this is the product that everyone should be using. There is a true difference in the way that your furniture will look when Pledge is on the job.
The lemon smell is a nice touch to the spray. It really does smell like a nice big bowl of freshly cut lemons, but it is not to strong or overbearing which is great.
You will spend a little more money to buy Pledge, but at the end of the day it is worth the extra little bit that you spend when cleaning quality really matters to you.

Easy to use, need just one finger to spray and star cleaning in an instant. Leaves all that it touches with a great shine and gloss that means clean!

Lemon scent is refreshing. You actually want to clean because of this smell!

It's labeled a polish but I had success with it cleaning too.

Comments about Pledge Furniture Polish:

I have to be honest, for a lot of years my opinion of this product was not very high. I guess it carried over from my early years when my furniture was mostly the cheap laminate table tops. Wanting to do cleaning the right way I tried many times to use Pledge (yes they have been making and selling Lemon Pledge for as long as I can remember and I am in my 50's!). Anyway my experience was that it would just streak and smear...it didn't ever just absorb into the wood (psst...remember I said I was trying to polish laminate...now I know it isn't like real wood with a grain....duh!). Now that I am older and wiser and now have furniture and cabinets that are really wood, I am using Pledge all the time. It is a great product that not only polishes but it also cleans stubborn stains. In particular, I had a couple of places where water from my husband dish washing had been left as a run down the lower cabinet door below the sink. Because he didn't pay attention that it was happening and repeatedly left it unattended to, the cabinet had what I thought was a permanent water stain all the way from the top to the bottom of the face of the door. Just as a chance, I took to that cabinet door with all the wood cleaners and general purpose cleaners I had in the house. Nothing seemed to work. Finally I figured I would just put a good coat of polish on it and hope no one saw the stain. I got out my Pledge and sprayed it on a clean soft rag and wiped the cabinet down. I followed that with a good hand buff with another soft cloth. When I stood back and looked at the cabinet I couldn't believe my eyes. That stain was not as prominent as it had been! At first I thought it was wishful thinking fooling my brain into thinking it was seeing less of that stain. I sprayed more Pledge on a rag and this time put some elbow grease behind the rubbing. After buffing for the second time I was amazed to see that that stain was gone!! Who knew??? This Pledge polish saved my husband years of my reminding him of how he ruined my kitchen cabinet door!! Now I clean and polish all my cabinet doors once a month and they all look like new! I recommend this to anyone who wants to keep their real wood furniture and cabinets looking their best!! It really does work!

It does a wonderful job of cleaning and polishing real wood furniture.

A clean lemony scent.

Lemony greatness!

Comments about Pledge Furniture Polish:

This product has an amazing aroma that is bursting with lemons and sweet scents, which quite frankly, making cleaning rather enjoyable! I use lemon Pledge to clean off my counter-tops, my tables, and so much more! It is great for surface cleaning, spot cleaning, removing hair, and dusting wooden furniture. In my opinion, this is a multipurpose cleaner, because it can be used for such a large variety of things! I love this product very much, and I suggest the brand to all of my close friends and family.

This product performs wonderfully. In fact, it is the only one that I use on my wooden tables and counters. This is an excellent cleaning product to use when you are dusting, or if you are trying to clean inside of those small corners and spaces that are so difficult to reach and keep clean.

I absolutely adore the lemony throw that you get from this lemon Pledge cleaner. It honestly does make cleaning a lot more enjoyable when you start incorporating this product into your usual cleaning routine. It is amazing, to say the least!

My furniture looks new!

Comments about Pledge Furniture Polish:

I bought some used furniture from a garage sale and thought I would try to polish the wood. The furniture was in great shape except for the finish so I sprayed this and polished the surface. This works like magic! The wooden surface looked almost new and the dents were gone. The color looked darker after I had polished it and it also get a nice sparkle. I feel like I will never be able to use it all up because there is a lot in this bottle but I really like to polish the wooden furniture with this every now and then to give the furniture a new look. And it doesn't damage or discolor the wood so you don't have to worry about that.

This works really well on old wooden surfaces. It really make the wood look nice and new.

This like a nice citrus scent. It doesn't last too long but you can smell it when you polish it so you feel like you have cleaned the surface. But the scent will not stay with the furniture for a long time.

Better than average furniture polish

Comments about Pledge Furniture Polish:

Although this is not the greatest furniture polish I have ever used it is a very good one. The lemon fresh scent of pledge is still one of the greatest smells I have ever encountered and the spray can brings back nostalgia of a day long ago. I am not a fan of pushing foam around with a wash cloth but as far as a polish goes this is very efficient. The shine that my furniture has after using this still brings back memories of my cat admiring her self in the television stand and I do enjoy the way my house smells after I use it.

The shine that my furniture has after using this polish is one of the best I have ever seen. My coffee table looks like it is brand new again and the television stand and kitchen table almost shimmer like a mirror.

This is easily the greatest scent every for a cleaning product. The lemon fresh scent brings back vivid memories of my mom cleaning and the smell just scream clean.

Best furniture polish

Comments about Pledge Furniture Polish:

Pledge Furniture Polish is the best on the market for dusting and cleaning your furniture. With just a small amount of the spray, you can clean an entire piece of large furniture. It locks in all the dust and dirt into the cloth you are using with one easy swipe of the cloth. It has a great lemon scent that will fill the air. Tough spots also come off easily without a ton of elbow grease. It leaves the furniture nice and sparkling and rejuvenated. It does not stain the wood either. You can use it as often or as little as you please because the formula lasts for at least a week depending on the amount of traffic the piece of furniture gets and the level of dust in the home. I am always careful when spraying it though because if you spray this into the air it will fall onto the floor and cause the floor to become extremely slippery which is a major safety hazard. I recommend spraying the cloth directly and then wiping the furniture. This also prevents you from using too much as the formula will soak into the cloth making it last longer and work better. Pledge is a great product you will need to keep your furniture looking great.

Pledge Furniture Polish - Nothing comes close!

Comments about Pledge Furniture Polish:

Pledge is one of those timeless furniture polishes which truly doesn't date. I recall my mother using Pledge on her walnut sideboard which she had inherited from my Grandfather, and likewise I have a continual supply in my cleaning cupboard not of the original scent but of the more modern fragrance variety, lemon.

Pledge is a creamy aerosol spray which conditions, protects and nourishes your wood surfaces. It penetrates deep into the grain which enhances the natural beauty of the wood. You just spray a little on, and then with a clean, dry duster, just rub the surface lightly. The result is a shiny, conditioned exhibition piece which smells beautiful.

The fragrance for Pledge is like no other and I would know the scent of Pledge blind-folded. It reminds me of a carpenters shop which exudes quality work and craftsmanship.

I do not know of another furniture polish which even comes close!

Best After Many Years

Comments about Pledge Furniture Polish:

My mom used to always use Pledge Furniture Polish on all of our household woodwork, when I was little. Naturally, when I became an adult, I started using it myself. To this date it is still the best wood polish out there. I have tried many other brands, and always gravitate back to this one. It makes woodwork look polished and new. I removes minor stains, and dust. It also help repel dust from collecting on the surface. I use it on all my woodwork, and even some of my counters that are not made of wood. Pledge also comes in wipes form, but I always prefer the spray best.
Overall this is a fantastic product, and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a long lasting polished finish.

Compared to it's competition; it wins every time hands down. No other product lasts as long, and gives such a glossy finish to woodwork.

Pledge has a very distinct lemon scent. I believe there are other scents out there, but I have not tried them. The lemon scent is not over bearing; so I recommend it to anyone who is sensitive to smells.