4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

Playtex VentAire User

I really like this. Not only does this bottle have that nice little bend, it has a way in which the baby does not suck in so much air. This can be a problem for a baby. When a baby suck in too much air--you have a baby that is gassy. This is not fun for baby or parent. VentAire helps out big time with this problem. It has some small parts, so you must be a bit organized if you are going to have this. I have a specific place for all bottle and baby things that come out of the sink. Off next to the sink is a tray where I dry all baby stuff, and this keeps all the little things together. There are a total of 5 parts to this bottle. I do not think it is a big problem at all. I like how you can easily interchange parts, I had mine where there was blue and yellow parts. Simple and easy to use, and my only problem is that the milk kind of had a fast flow. If you have a newborn it might be a problem. I breastfed and gave a bottle once at night. So it was not a big deal, but I would not recommend this for newborns, but maybe for a bigger baby that is able to guzzle down a lot more at one time and control suction---maybe about a 4month old.

Child's Comfort
Child can easily get to milk because of the angled bottle. The bottle itself causes air to get out through the vents, and no air to be sucked in while baby is drinking.

The nipples may be too big for a newborn.

Leak Prevention
Just make sure to screw the bottoms and tops right. Also, don't forget the rubber part at the bottom...otherwise it will leak! One time my husband forgot to put the rubber part on and the bottle leaked. But that was our fault not the bottles. Have had no leaks other than that!

Cleaning is nice and easy because everything comes apart and I can get to the bottle from the bottom and the top. Lots of parts though so I gave it a "Very Good" rating.
The bottle itself has wide openings {both bottom and from the top} so I can get my sponge in there really easily. LOVE IT! :)

Keeps Air Out
Yes, does keep air out. I like this bottle because of this reason. If we were to have other kids, I definitely will continue to use our Playtex Vent Aire bottle.

Has lasted us about 17 months and still will be able to be used with our next baby.
Only draw back are the nipples. Two of my "lento" nipples seem to kind of have than a hole now--its split to a bigger hole. It may be because my daughter has started to chew the nipples. Other than that I will continue to use this set we have for our next child.

Do not buy playtex ventaire advanced

With my first child I used Playtex VentAire bottles (not the Advanced model) and loved them.  So naturally I assumed I'd love them with my second child.  However, that was not the case.  They now sell VentAire Advanced and I do not see anything advanced about them.  One issue I've found is with the nipples.  They only come in two choices, slow or fast flow.  The slow flow is toooo slow and took my daughter almost an hour to eat 2oz.  So we switched the nipple and liked the fast flow at first because it didn't take her as long to eat.  However, after continued use she was having to swallow so fast that most of the formula ended up on her bib.   Within an hour after eating she was very fussy and needed gas drops. They are also advertised as dishwasher safe, which they are not.  I had only put them into the dishwasher once and the numbers on the outside had worn off.  This also happened when I hand washed them.   I ended up having to pour water into a different bottle to measure the ounces, then pour it into the VentAire  bottle before adding the formula.  This ritual does become frustrating at four a.m. hour!  I've only been using them for two months now and they recently began to leak from the bottom.  The plastic component that is meant to hold the liquid in, had shrunk and no longer covered the holes causing the bottles to no longer hold the liquid.  I was traveling when that happend and ended up with a soaked diaper bag had to put a waded up paper towel in the bottom of the bottle to hold in the liquid long enough to flip it upside down to feed.  My last issue with these bottles is that the plastic is very thin, especially compared to the older version of these bottles.  Overall I would not reccommend these bottles to anyone.

Our All Time Best!

from Powell, AL

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Portable
  • Safe For Baby

Cons

• Infants

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Wide Plastic Baby Bottles:

After a long bout of trying to find a bottle that my daughter would take and not cry with tummy pains afterward, These were the best. We have used them for almost a year and they have held up just like they are still new. Easy to take apart and clean, I do not have to worry about so many pieces or little crooks and crevices that don't get clean. I have handwashed as well as used the dish washer. They are not near as compact as some others, but the quality overpowers that by leaps and bounds. I have purchased these for baby showers since.

perfect fit

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Wide Plastic Baby Bottles:

Right now these bottles seem to be perfect for my little girl. I was hoping I was making a good choice with the Playtex brand and choice of bottle and it was. So far so good.

Child's Comfort
    My girl does just fine drinking out of these bottles. I try breastfeeding but most times she'd rather just drink from the bottle, especially at night.

Leak Prevention
    These bottles are great with not leaking. I thought that surely the milk would come out from the bottle somewhere, especially the bottom where the vent is. But no. Even when I use my bottle warmer to warm up her milk, no milk leaks. If it gets tipped over no milk will come out from anywhere until my baby is ready to suck the milk out of there.

It's not the easiest bottle to clean because there are multiple pieces that come apart but it is not such a big deal when I know my baby likes the bottle.

Keeps Air Out
    It's hard getting my baby to burp. Most of the time she burps on her own. The vent air system is nice because I know not as much air is getting to her when she's drinking from these bottles. She is never uncomfortable if I don't get to burp her or if she hasn't burped on her own.

These are good strong bottles. Hard plastic and doesn't seem susceptible to breaking.

• Keeps Air Out:

Helped with my son's fussy nights.

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Wide Plastic Baby Bottles:

My son had some reflux problems when he was born. When I switched to these bottles he had considerable less spit up.

Child's Comfort
    As my son got older and would hold the bottle on his own he did so easily with the design of this bottle. He transitioned faster to holding his own bottle, with this narrow and lightweight design, then my other two sons did (their bottles were glass and too heavy).

Leak Prevention
    You have to make sure you assemble the bottle correctly. I also noticed that if you hand wash the bottom suction piece it was more likely to leak. If I washed all parts in the dishwasher with high heat dry it never would leak on me.

Very easy to clean only 5 pieces all can be washed in the dishwasher.

Very durable. My son didn't switch to the cup until he was 14 months. From roughly 11 months to 14 months he would throw everything he would pick up, including the bottle. I had several bottles end up out car windows, with the exception of a couple of minor scratches the bottles were intact. I continue to use them and didn't have any problems.

Great for fussy babies

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Wide Plastic Baby Bottles:

We started using this bottle when my first son was born seven years ago. We purchased pretty much every single type of bottle out there as first time parents we didn't know! When we finally tried the Ventair bottles we saw a difference in the way he ate. He ate so much better and had so much less gas! We stayed with this bottle for the rest of the time he used one and for the other two little boys. This is the only bottle I recommend to my friends and family who are pregnant. I LOVE this bottle. It is such a simple design but it truly makes a huge difference to the baby!

Child's Comfort
    It is so easy on baby's tummys

Leak Prevention
    I have never had a single leak program that was caused by the bottle. The only time I had a leak was because mommy was half asleep and not paying any attention =)

Truly the easiest bottle to clean that I have tried.

WONDERFULLY!

I used the same bottle for 7 years and washed who knows how many times. never had a single problem with it.

• Keeps Air Out:

Nice but Not worth the cost

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Wide Plastic Baby Bottles:

We purchased the playtex VentAire advanced wide plastic bottles for our daughter who seemed to always get gas while feeding. These bottles did not help prevent her from getting gas as we had hoped. They actually did not appear to be any better than a regular bottle for the most part. The bent neck did make them a little easier to hold upright. On the bright side, they were extremely easy to clean and maintain since they come apart into so many pieces. However the more you take them apart the weaker the rubber seals became. After only a few weeks of cleanings and feedings I noticed the bottles began to leak. And that when I would set them down, there would be a puddle of formula underneath. The playtex ventaire bottles were definately not worth the cost. I was extremely dissatisfied with these bottles and will not be trying to use them with our newest family addition.

• Keeps Air Out:

Relatively good product at a decent cost

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Wide Plastic Baby Bottles:

I'm currently using these bottle with my 6-month old, and though cost effective and somewhat effective in reducing air bubbles getting to baby, they are a royal pain to clean. I highly recommend these bottles for smaller babies, but when baby starts sitting up and holding their own bottle, it's time to change to a different bottle design.

Child's Comfort
    When I originally bought these bottles they were good for baby's comfort. The angled neck let her relax back into my arm while she was eating while helping to reduce the air getting to her tummy. The older she gets, the less this applies. She's at that age now where she wants to sit up and hold her own bottle and the angle of the bottle neck makes this very hard for her to do, so now her comfort is being compromised by the design.

Leak Prevention
    In most bottles you only need to worry about one ring being screwed on properly... In this one you have to watch the bottom ring as well - and that's the one that gets me every time! The bottles are pretty good with leak prevention, so long as the rings are on nice and tight.

This is the one reason I really don't like these bottles - what a pain to clean! You have to clean the nipple, and top ring and bottle like every other bottle... but then you have to clean the bottom ring and the bottom rubber piece too - and it's NOT easy getting into the grooves on the lower ring of the bottles!

Keeps Air Out
    These bottles did a relatively good job of keeping the air out until baby decided to hold her own bottle, now the design is actually causing more air to get in.

The bottles are pretty durable, and last until it's time to change designs for baby's comfort.

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Wide Plastic Baby Bottles:

These are great bottles for any babies to use once they are a few months old. I started using the Playtex VentAire Advanced Wide Plastic Baby Bottles once my daughter was around 4-5 months old. I couldn't use them before then because the formula would flow out of the bottle nipple too fast for my little one and she would end up coughing. Once they are old enough to handle the bottle it is great. The best thing about these bottles is the way they are designed. They are not like normal bottles, they have a curve in them. The reasoning for this is to help prevent air from building up in the bottle. The reason you don't want air to build up is because when babies get a lot of air from their bottles they end up being very gassy and fussy. You need to burp them even more to try and get all the air out. These bottles help to reduce that problem and make it a more enjoyable experience for both baby and mom. They are a great price and work very well.

Playtex vent air bottles

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Wide Plastic Baby Bottles:

I live playtex vent air bottles! Furthermore, my daughter absolutely loves them. I solely breast fed for the first 6 months of her life, and after going through more than a ton of really expensive bottles, because of latching, leaking, and gas issues; we finally came across this one. Our little one took to it right away, it has a leak guard, so NO spills, she has still yet to have gas problems while taking this bottle, and the shape makes it very easy to maneuver for the baby and it is easiest for her to use while in her car seat!

Leak Prevention
    Just make sure all parts that un screw are aligned properly.

A few parts need to come out in order to get a good clean, and prevent any illnesses.

• Keeps Air Out:

Great bottles, with a great price

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Wide Plastic Baby Bottles:

My second son used this bottles. The Playtex VentAire bottles are inexpensive, easy to use, and easy to clean. My son had issues with the colic and gas, but the way these bottles are shaped, it reduced the amount of air that came out of the bottle. I tried many bottles, including some that were very expensive. However, this bottle worked better than even the most expensive bottles. Most bottles are hard to clean on the bottom, but these bottles come completely apart. I was able to rest assured that his bottles were extra clean. I would recommend these bottles for any baby, with or without gas issues. The only drawback of these bottles is that the shape makes it harder for a baby to hold.

Child's Comfort
    These bottles are a little harder for a child to hold because of their shape. However, they are not as wide around as some bottles.

Leak Prevention
    I didn't experience much problems with these bottles leaking.

I love that these bottles come completely apart for easy cleaning and sterilizing. The hardest part is keeping up with all of the pieces!

Keeps Air Out
    These bottles definitely help to keep the air out of the bottle and your baby.

I used these bottles and then passed them on to my niece who also used the same ones. That tells you that they are durable.

excellent baby bottles

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Wide Plastic Baby Bottles:

These are excellent baby bottles and I like that I was able to buy two different sizes according to my childs age and also was able to find interchangeable nipples that had flow that was most healthy for my baby. I liked the simplicity of these bottles and how they helped to keep air out of my babys formula while eating.

Child's Comfort
    my daughter seems very comfortable with these bottles and takes to them quite well without me having to make any modifications to the nipple.

Leak Prevention
    I had no leaking of these bottles until my daughter was moving around and then she dripped it sometimes but for as how they were made they are very durable.

these bottles are simple and quick to clean especially with a bottle brush.

Keeps Air Out
    I was amazed at how much less air my baby girl swallowed and she burped better with these bottles and has less gas because the air didn't get into her tummy

these bottles are made to last and witstand a growing baby quite well.