4.1
Playtex VentAire Advanced Standard Plastic Baby Bottles

Playtex VentAire Advanced Standard Plastic Baby Bottles

4.1

Love these bottles

I received one of the Playtex Ventaire Wides from my OB during one of my pre-natal visits and when I had to begin supplementing breastfeeding with the bottle decided to give it a shot.  We soon ended up buying more. They come in two styles - regular and wide. They also have 6 oz and 9 oz sizes.  I found these sizes to be much more versatile than the 4 and 8 ounce size bottles I usually find.  I was able to use the 6 ounce bottles for months longer than a 4 ounce bottle.  Being able to use them longer made them worth any extra cost.The bend in the neck of the bottle makes it easier to hold baby upright while feeding.  I also found that my son seemed to be getting less air with these than with other bottles.  It's easy to find extra nipples and membranes for them (at least in my area).  The nipples come in slow and fast flow.  An in-between would be nice, though we didn't have too much trouble going from the slow to fast flow nipples - I'd say in less than a week my son had completely gotten the hang of the faster flow.The entire bottle comes apart for thorough cleaning.  When I have to hand wash them, I love being able to stick the bottle brush all the way through both ends so that I know I'm reaching every part of it.  Or I just stick them in the dishwasher with the rings, membranes, and bottoms in an accessory basket.

Just another headache!

I have had trouble with these bottles leaking.  At first, I thought that maybe I had bought a damaged one.  Therefore, I went to the store and purchased more bottles, but they still ended up leaking.  I would definitely consider another brand next time.

Great bottles

from OR

Pros

• easy to clean
  • Great Grip

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Standard Plastic Baby Bottles:

These bottles work great and help to limit the amount of air in the bottle. I used them with both of my younger children and was very happy with them. They are easy to clean and easy to use. I like the different sizes of bottles. I would definitely recommend them to friends.

Best bottle

from Tucson, AZ

About Me Casual Driver

Pros

• Great Grip

Cons

• Wears Unevenly

• All City

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Standard Plastic Baby Bottles:

My son loves these bottles. He very picky but this bottle didn't leak and was fast enough for him.

Best bottles for Reflux and AR formula

from Indiana

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Convenient
      • Easy to use
      • Washes Easily

Cons

• Leaks

• At Home
      • Feeding

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Standard Plastic Baby Bottles:

I LOVED these bottles. They were the best ones for ergonomics for mom and dad, and were amazing for my son's thick AR formula an worked amazingly with reflux. The design means less air, and the vent at the bottom stopped the vacuum from forming in the bottle. The only problem I had was that sometimes the bottles would leak around the air gasket in the bottom if not seated properly.

Helps baby to not swallow air and reduces gas

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Standard Plastic Baby Bottles:

I love these bottles. Work way better than expensive alternatives.

Child's Comfort
      With the angle in the design the baby is not forced to swallow air. Both my sons used these and had very little gas and spit-ups. They are also easy for a baby that can hold things to keep it up to their own mouth.

Leak Prevention
      I never had any leaking problems with these. Just make sure you get the right nipple. There are slow flow and fast flow ones. I would just stick with the slow flow ones.

I just took the bottles apart and stuck all pieces in dishwasher. There is a special dishwasher basket that is made for small pieces. After five years mine look like new and are still holding up.

Keeps Air Out
      Works amazingly. If held the right way no air gets in baby, and it is easy to see which way to hold them. This helps keep baby from getting gassy and fussy.

Very tough plastic can stand- up to any kid tossing it. Mine have been through two boys and many dishwasher cycles.

Great for babies

from Utah

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Standard Plastic Baby Bottles:

These bottles were recommended to us to help prevent a baby from swallowing too much air when eating and this reduce burping and spit up.

Leak Prevention
      The two bottom pieces need to be put together correctly or else they will leak out the bottom. It's not hard to get it together correctly, but it can look right and still be wrong. You need to be sure that the inside piece is resting completely down inside the outside piece. The fast nipple also let's liquid out if the baby takes the bottle out of his mouth and shakes it. The slow nipple does not have this problem.

Keeps Air Out
      These bottles are designed with several holes in the plastic bottom and then a nipple-type piece that fits over the holes. It allows air into the bottle, but it is difficult for the liquid to get back out (as long as the two pieces are put together carefully). This helps them do a good job of keeping air out, and our children always swallowed much less air when using these bottles than other types that we tried.

Makes cleaning EASY!

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Standard Plastic Baby Bottles:

I have used these bottles for both of my kids. I love that they come apart at the top and bottom, allowing you to really clean them well. The plastics are sturdy and I only had replace the nipples and never the bottom rubbers. I rated at a four for two reasons.
      1. You really have to make sure you tighten the bottom well. A handful of times I have dripped formula all over from not tightening sufficiently or from the kids turning the bottle in their hands and loosening it.
      2. While they state they are dishwasher safe, I found that they never got really clean, and hand scrubbing was really needed. I do love not having to use a bottle brush to get into the bottom corners and a scrubby sponge worked really well for the bottle itself.

They are easy to use and both sizes, the 6oz and the 9oz, have interchangeable parts, so you aren't digging around in a drawer looking for one specific piece for that certain bottle.

Great product, highly recommend and always a gift I give at showers.

• Keeps Air Out:

It is a nice bottle to have!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Standard Plastic Baby Bottles:

I liked the Playtex VentAire baby bottles were a good baby bottle. I can't say that they were my favorite, but they held up well. I had these given to me at a baby shower. They were cute colors and looked fun. I tried them and they became part of my collection of bottles when my child was a baby. The milk came out well. I liked the vent thing, although I can't say that it made a huge difference. The milk came out easily for my baby and he seemed to have an easy time drinking from the bottle. This one did leak a tiny bit, but nothing major. The curved bottles are a neat idea. It was easy for my child to hold on to and was easy to clean with a bottle brush as well. It is a pretty good bottle to have on hand with little ones.

Child's Comfort
      It's pretty easy for them to hold onto and drink from.

Leak Prevention
      For the most part there isn't much leaking at all.

It is easy to clean as long as you have a bottle brush.

Keeps Air Out
      It seemed to keep the air out well and cause less stomach bubbles.

It was a pretty sturdy and strong bottle.

Works better than others

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Standard Plastic Baby Bottles:

My daughter really struggled with latching on to a bottle when she was born. I literally tried every bottle on the market at the time and nothing seemed to work. I bought these when my friend recommended to give them a try. I was surprised that my daughter actually latched on to these and used them. I was thrilled that something had finally worked and she was taking a bottle. I bought a few more packs of these and she used them for a few months before deciding they weren't for her. I do not blame the bottle at all, I think she was just being stubborn and not wanting to take a bottle. This bottle was one of my favorites and really was easy to use and clean. I like the style of the bottle and how it helps with keeping air out and helping control gas.

Child's Comfort
      These are the perfect size for babies. I like the small style so when a baby gets older they are able to hold the bottle with their little hands.

Leak Prevention
      I have never had any issues with this bottle leaking or creating a mess.

Great bottles

from Dallas

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Standard Plastic Baby Bottles:

I tried several different brands of bottles when I became a mother for the first time in May 2013. Several different types of each brand also. And eventually this became our go-to brand and style. I love that it tips the bottle FOR you so you don't have to keep adjusting while baby is drinking. It always keeps the air out of the nipple tip so baby is never swallowing any. It also makes it easier for them to start holding it on their own, too, because less effort is needed to get the liquid to fall down into the nipple. Most babies have a difficult time learning to lean back to get the milk to come down into their mouths. With these bottles, it was easy.
      This kept baby less gassy because less air was being swallowed on a regular basis. We definitely noticed a difference between the bottles we used before and once we switched to using these.
      There are also different speed flow in the nipples, so it grows with your baby as long as you purchase the next level up for nipples. They come in a variety of colors, too, so if that's important to you, you can get pink for your girl, blue for your boy, or a neutral yellow or green if you don't care either way.
      I also love that they're affordable and you can buy them in multipacks.

Amazing Baby Bottles

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Playtex VentAire Advanced Standard Plastic Baby Bottles:

Playtex’s VentAire bottles were our go-to baby bottles for my son’s first year. When he was first born, we did a lot of experimenting with various types and brands of bottles and seemed to have pretty much no luck in finding a bottle that he would happily drink out of and that would also help with preventing excess gas and bloating. Finally, we tried these Playtex VentAire bottles, and they were excellent. They are far easier to put together than some of the absurdly complicated bottles available on the market; these just have a basic nipple that slides into the ring, and they also have a little vent piece that fits into the bottom, which is very easily put together. The bottles have a very unique curved shape that worked perfectly for us to hold and for him to drink out of. The vent design seemed to help out with some of the gas associated with bottle feeding. I would absolutely recommend these Playtex bottles to any new parents!