3.7
Playtex The First Sipster Spill-Proof Cup Baby Bottle

Playtex The First Sipster Spill-Proof Cup Baby Bottle

3.7

Son loves them, Playtex First Sipster Spill-Proof Sippy Cup

So when my son was around 8 months I decided to get him on a sippy cup. Since he loves his Playtex Ventaire baby bottle, I decided to stick with Playtex when shopping for a sippy cup. Good thing too! I chose the first sipster spill-proof sippy cup. Main reason why I chose it :spill-proof. At first my son just chewed on the spout. It has a soft rubbery spout that I imagine soothes his sore gums. Being eight months my son already had six teeth. It's funny cause when my son was born my husband told him that as soon as grows teeth he can eat whatever he wants. Well my son took that to heart and started sprouting teeth. Anyway he finally got the hang of drinking from the sippy cup. The handles on the sides make it easy for him to hold onto the bottle. It's spill-proof (did I mention that already?) so needless to say I never have to clean anything if the sippy cup knocks over. It's easy to clean. The only thing that I had trouble with is unscrewing the cap. But if you just grab hold of the handles and twist hard it will unscrew. I think it's because it clicks to lock so it's a bit harder to open. But other than that, I love this sippy cup. Never having to worry about spills is the deal breaker for me in everything to do with bottles & cups. And this sippy cup is the best to me.

An Adequate sippy cup

This sippy cup is easily available in stores, and that is probably why we have a few of them. It works fine, but if I found something better I would use it! The colors and design are cute, and I like the mix and match colors. It does prevent my son from spilling drinks on the floor, and he has even been known to throw them with no ill effects. He can get drinks out of them easily. It has only gotten clogged with "pulp free" orange juice, which was not totally pulp free.

I dislike the separate valve assembly. There are two different sized pieces that fit in the cup, and it takes a little checking to make sure you have it installed correctly. The valve assembly and the holes in the cup can be difficult to get into to clean. The price is a little high for what you get. With the double handle, it can be too big for most cup holders. He also often reverses the direction of the cup, which makes it more difficult to drink from. There is nothing glaringly wrong with this cup, it just does not have a lot of great features!

Not a bad sippy cup but doesn't work for us.

Comments about Playtex The First Sipster Spill-Proof Cup Baby Bottle:

The sippy cup is spill proof, and does what it's supposed to. My daughter doesn't drink much from it (she wants to be a big girl and drink from my cup), so the product just doesn't work for us. The attached handles are great for kids (easy for them to grip and use) but I find them annoying. When I twist on or off the lid, those handles are in the way. And they will pinch your finger if you don't pay attention while screwing it on.

First time using on my daughter

from Vista, CA

Comments about Playtex The First Sipster Spill-Proof Cup Baby Bottle:

I have 4 kids and never have I tried these sippy cups but decided to try them for my baby she loves them at first its kinda hard for her to get it but again she was breast feed so its not super easy to get unless your bottle feed but once she got use to it she like its very easy and not messy at all

An Adequate sippy cup

from Hillsborough, NC

Comments about Playtex The First Sipster Spill-Proof Cup Baby Bottle:

Love the Cups, great transition from bottle!

from Warren, OH

Comments about Playtex The First Sipster Spill-Proof Cup Baby Bottle:

These cups are well worth the price, as it often is with choosing a name brand quality product over a generic. While I often buy generic items, when it comes to products for my baby, the name brand have time after time proven themselves to work so much better, as well as hold up longer. These Playtex First Sipster cups have been a great transition from the bottle, with the soft spouts that teach him a different sucking motion without frutrating him that he isn't making any progress. The handles are easy for him to hold, and the cups hold a perfect amount of fluid. The size makes them easy to stick into a diaper bag as well. We did have problems initially with small leaks, until I noticed on the side of the cup (up by the lid), a small marking that is shows the area the small arrow in the lid should be over (basically, line up the lid with the cup). If you twist the lid past this mark, or not far enough, that is when the leaking was happening. Since figuring that out, we've had no problems! And I love the bright colors the cups come in!

Son loves them, Playtex First Sipster Spill-Proof Sippy Cup

from Mililani, HI

Great transition from bottles

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Playtex The First Sipster Spill-Proof Cup Baby Bottle:

I love the Playtex First Sipster Spill-Proof cup for transitioning from bottle to cup for little ones.  The Playtex first sipster is great for a first cup since the spout is soft and similiar to the texture of a bottle nipple so it is less foreign to a little one.  I like the handles since it makes it easier for the child to hold and manuver it to their mouths... although it does take a little work before they can use both hands at the same time to get it there.

We havn't had many issues with leaks but we did have some issues with the cups so once the child is familiar with the use of a sippy cup we tend to transition fairly quickly to one with a hard spout.  I think the few leaks we did encounter came from the valve not being fully installed.  I was kind of bothered by how easy it was for the kids to chew up the spout and since it is soft it is damaged much more quickly than the hard spouts.  It is also a little bit of a problem that the cup won't fit in a cup holder due to the handles.

This sippy doesn't leak, but handles are annoying

from Eugene, OR

Comments about Playtex The First Sipster Spill-Proof Cup Baby Bottle:

We received Playtex The First Sipster Spill-Proof Cup as a gift from a relative who had loved them for her son. We started using them when our son was about 8 months old. The soft spout helped him transition from bottle to a sippy cup. The handles were also helpful for his little hands to learn how to grip. However, he did better with a no handle cup when learning to tip it up to get the liquid out.

Once he figured out how to tip cups to drink out of them around 12 months he did great with this cup. However, the inside of this cup is very small, it is uninsulated, and the handles aren't removable. So it won't fit in a cup holder or insulated sleeve in a diaper bag.

We prefer the standard playtex cups without handles or the insulated cups for keeping milk or water colder longer. It's obviously especially important to keep milk cold but my son also prefers to drink water at a very cold temperature. The insulated cup also doesn't sweat on the outside, like this cup does.

A great transition cup.

from Marion, OH

Comments about Playtex The First Sipster Spill-Proof Cup Baby Bottle:

Playtex The First Sipster Spill Proof Cup Baby Bottle is an excellent transition cup.  By this I mean you use it to help ease the transition for a baby in learning to go from a bottle to a sippy cup, to a regular cup.  It is an 8 ounce plastic cup and it is available in a variety of colors.  It has two handles that offer an easy grip for those little baby hands, making it easy for the baby to hold it.  It sometimes might have a slight leak, but I have not experienced any major leakage from these cups.  The spout is soft, almost like a nipple, which helps the baby get used to drinking from a spout without feeling completely alien to the baby.  It would be nice if the company would add some cute pictures on the cup instead of just plain colors, but at least there are several colors to choose from.  And a child this age doesn't really need all of those pictures.  My daughter is attracted to the colors.  But as I said, this is a great transition cup.  Before you know it, you'll baby will be drinking from it like a pro and will be ready to move on to a regular sippy cup.  I reccommend it.

Playtex Cup - aligned handles & doesn't leak!

from Dundee, IL

Comments about Playtex The First Sipster Spill-Proof Cup Baby Bottle:

The playtex cup always had the handles aligned which was appreciated.  My child had difficulty using the cup until 11 months (we used a soft spout sippy at 9-months & no bottles after 9-months).  Seems to not spill.  Also like can interchange tops & inserts with other playtex.

Love them!

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Playtex The First Sipster Spill-Proof Cup Baby Bottle:

When it was time to say good-bye to our trusty Playtex bottles, we didn't think twice about turning to Playtex sippy cups. The Playtex The First Sipster cups were the perfact transition for our little guy.

These cups have handles, which was perfect for our son who was learning to drink from a cup. He loves the independance that comes with carrying his own cup around just like mommy and daddy.

These cups have a stopper in them that prevents leaks, and it does prevent the leaks. We haven't had many, and those that we have had came after our charming son had thrown his cup on the floor mulitple times in one feeding. So if it hits the floor a few times, check the stopper. Also, make sure you take the stopper out for cleanings - if not milk can get stuck in there and start to smell.

Overall, these are great cups. What we love most about these and other Playtex cups is that the stoppers are the same, so you don't have to worry about mixing up the stoppers.