Other Feminine Care Products:
Playtex
Playtex Sport Unscented Regular Tampons

Playtex Sport Unscented Regular Tampons

Reliable and comfortable protection

This tampon truly does allow for any and all movement without any leaks. I've used this brand of tampons exclusively for the past year after a teammate of mine recommended it. The applicator is great in that it's slender and rounded plastic for easy use. This may actually be my favorite feature because I'm always in a hurry and I don't want something as silly as getting a tampon stress me out before a game or when I'm rushing off to class. I also use this when I'm not worrying about sports competition because I don't see why you'd want less protection when doing mundane tasks or lounging around. The tampon really does expand and provide excellent coverage. I've never had to worry about it being inserted improperly or allowing for even the slightest leaks. It's comfortable, reliable, and a great value considering the amount of protection you're getting. I definitely recommend trying this product, even if you don't plan on playing sports, because it is a relief to not think about tampons failing on you at the worst possible moments.

Worst tampon ever!

So I wanted to try the Playtex Sport Tampons. I usually use Playtex Gentle Glide (the pink box) and I Love them. I figured that it's the same company so same quality.WRONG! I went shopping with th tampon in and it started leaking immediately. It also felt like it was coming out. On my last day of my period it only lasted an hour! I wil never use these tampons again!

Playtex are awesome

Comments about Playtex Sport Unscented Regular Tampons:

Before I switched to a Menstrual cup, I would use Playtex unscented tampons. I like how these don't expand specifically width or height wise. They go in smooth and don't make you feel dried out when you accidentally remove one too early. Also, since they're unscented, you don't run the risk of infection or allergies due to perfumes.

Playtex Sport are awesome!

from Redford, MI

Comments about Playtex Sport Unscented Regular Tampons:

I know that it is weird to write a review on a tampon, but these are so great I thought I would! I only wish these were around years ago when I first started using tampons. The design of the tip makes it extremely easy to insert and I love the finger grip design. Its great for women that need that extra grip on the plunger. These tampons would be so easy for a beginner to use because the barrel is really slender and the tip is tapered and it glides easily. The slender tapered design and super secure finger grip makes using a tampon easy, even for those tend to tense up or have sweaty hands. Great for the summer when your hands may be damp from swimming or sweating. These are great for activity and do not leak a lot. I have found the design to be very comfortable and secure. No worries about strings breaking off as they are sewn through the tampon. I only wish they would come out with a "lite" absorbancy!

Period, what period?

from Summerville, SC

Comments about Playtex Sport Unscented Regular Tampons:

I just love these tampons. They are my absolute favorite!!!! It does not even feel like I am wearing anything. I can do anything that I would normallly be able to do off of my period!!! They are sooo great!

One of the most comfortable I've ever worn!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Playtex Sport Unscented Regular Tampons:

Playtex Sport is seriously one of the most comfortable tampons I've ever worn.  I used tampax light and have been completely uncomfortable.  Playtex wears comfortably and has the convenient and smooth applicator.  It doees not spread within as wide as other tampons do so that makes it for a more comfortable wear.  There is a comfortable insertion and definately no leaks for me.  I do not bleed very heavy but I have worn it longer than I usually wear them due to unforeseen circumstances and there was still no leakage.  The string is not irratating or to thin that you cannot find it later.

Playtex is not the much more expensive or less expensive than any other tampon.  Playtex sport is simply just more comfortable, the only issue I may have with the regular is it travels up very quickly so I may need a super but other than that if I have on a tampon it is definatley this one.  Granted I do not have many to compare to because before I wore tampax light and will still wear that if I have absolutely no playtex sport but I think I have found what I will wear always so I am not into trying anything else unless the review is similar to this one!

Playtex Sport Tampons - Possibly one of my favorites

from Little Rock, AR

Comments about Playtex Sport Unscented Regular Tampons:

Playtex Sport Tampons are probably one of my favorite brands of plastic tampons.  Insertion is relatively comfortable with their rounded and tapered head.  The wrapper is easy to open, and the notches coupled with the perforation at the top of the wrapper do the trick to get it opened, if I recall correctly.

The wrappers have goofy little sayings on them.  For example: "Ready to take on the world!" and "Ready for even the toughest challenge." and "Bring it on!" and "Go for the goal."  I usually don't notice them, let alone read them.

I've not had problems with these having a weak string, as it seems another reviewer may have indicated.

I do not considered myself an athlete, but I like to use these anyway.  So, don't let the name "Sport" deter you, if you're considering these.

As with most other tampons, in my opinion, these are also over-priced.  But sales plus coupons make them affordable.  Also, there are often online sign-up forms for free samples on various websites.

Okay if it's all you have, used better for sure

from Anderson, IN

Comments about Playtex Sport Unscented Regular Tampons:

I've tried these on several different occasions because of free samples or whatever but they never have really been satisfactory for me. They definitely are better than the generic brand. They are an okay tampon that does the job, but I think that they could definitely be better. First, I don't really think they are that comfortable. Tampax seems to be more comfortable than Playtex. The absorbency was fine and I had no problems there. My biggest issue was with the string. The string is just really weak and thin. I also have to use extra effort to remove the tampon and at times I feel like it's going to break if I keep pulling. I have never really had this problem with Tampax, even the regular ones. Tampax tampons' string seems stronger and is definitely thicker than Playtex. Playtex has an okay tampon, but I would only use them if it were all I had left in my stock, or if I received a sample for free.

Reliable and comfortable protection

from Hamden, CT

Comments about Playtex Sport Unscented Regular Tampons:

Playtex sport tampons are okay, I've used better

from Carlsbad, CA

Comments about Playtex Sport Unscented Regular Tampons:

Playtex sport tampons are an okay value for the price.  They are about the same price as a few other sport tampons, but I don't think they are worth it.  Yes, they do prevent leaks, I have never had a problem with that, but they are extremely uncomfortable.  I do not like the applicator either, its not comfortable to put in and once its in, I can feel it, which I hate!  I wonder if its because of the way it is made, I'm not sure, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.  I would go with Tampaz pearl, because as far as protection goes, it works and they are a lot more comfortable to put in, as well as have in all day.  Who wants to be more uncomfortable on their period?  I know I don't.  Stick with comfort!  Besides, if you can wear normal tampons that are a little cheaper in price, I would totally buy those instead.  They can charge more for these because they say they are better for playing sports!

Great tampon for first time users.

from Birch Run, MI

Comments about Playtex Sport Unscented Regular Tampons:

I had been using pads for 1 1/2 years and I was ready to try tampons, so while in grocery store I picked up a box of playtex Sport tampons ( both my friends had recommended them to me). I tried them out and they are really comfortable. They glide right in without any discomfort and you can't feel them whatsoever. The only problem I have with these tampons is that they don't hold much, On my heaviest day I could only wear it for 3 hours and it was already leaking. Maybe just need to go a size up. Anyway I tried Tampax Pearl and could not get them in so these are really great. And they even have inspirational quotes on the wrapper to get you ready for your day! Overall I think these are really great tampons and I would recommend them to any first time users.

Worst tampon ever!