2.7

2.7

Pros

Cons

• Parents' Comfort:

I love this for my 16 month old.

My daughter outgrew her front carrier but she still wanted to be held close sometimes instead of riding in the stroller. I bought this and  love it!!! I didn't find it hard to adjust. You put the waist strap on and loosen the shoulder strap, add the child then place the shouder strap over your shoulder and tighten it. Not too complicated. It is not too compfortable after a six hour trip to the mall though.

When Hip Momma's Need a Hand

**Taking the Weight**

**Taking the Weight**

When my daughter outgrew her front facing carrier, I knew I needed something *quick*. My daughter loved hanging on me more then walking, crawling or anything else. If she wasn't in my arms or glued to my side you'd think her *entire* world was ending! I didn't mind shouldering her weight because I knew she'd soon become "miss independent". I also knew the times I could hold her (without breaking my back) would be far and few...They grow so fast. As she grew heavier my front sling simply wouldn't do. Holding my daughter for an extended length of time began to put a strain on my back...I needed a hand.

**Free at Last**

Most parents appreciate full use of their hands, at least I do, but trying to maneuver with a front facing carrier and a full size baby is nearly impossible. For carrying, I preferred using my hip. The **Playtex Hip Hammock Baby & Child Carrier **allowed me to do just that. This Playtex carrier is designed to maximize the efficiency of hip carrying, by safely securing your child on your hip. The hammock is designed to carry your child by placing them in an adjustable black hip sling, facing you, as if you were carrying them. **Backaches Be gone**I found the side straddle carrier kept my daughter out of my way, I was able to perform tasks like washing dishes, shopping, things I couldn't easily do with a front carrier. The strain of carrying a twenty something pound infant was immediately lifted from my chest and back. Mind you the hip sling is designed for *older* infants who can sit upright without assistance. The weight limits on this carrier are 15 - 35 pounds. Older infants are heavier and can be a pain in the neck, and back! I appreciated how the weight was re-distributed to my hips, which is how I carried my daughter most of the time anyways.

**Side Carry Wary**

The **Playtex Hip Hammock** *is* functional, but it's difficult to master. The adjusting, by far, is the hardest part. I practiced using this hip hammock several times with a baby doll, and it's a good thing, because I dropped the sling! There are two straps that need to be properly adjusted in order for the sling to be effective. The belt strap should fit comfortably around your waist and the shoulder strap (that holds the seat canopy) should be properly positioned as well. The shoulder belt has to fit over your head in order for the foam shoulder pad to rest comfortably around your neck. Once the adjustments are made, you shouldn't have to change them until your baby grows. *However*, if you don't take the time to properly adjust, the shoulder pad will dig into your neck and the waist belt will rub/irritate your skin. I always had a time with this. When securing the hammock your child has to be IN IT, which makes the entire maneuver slightly tricky. Once your child's comfortably "hammocked in", you're not so comfortable because the strap starts twisting...but, it's easy to fix. The Playtex sling is safe for left or right side use and there's plenty of room for plump little babies. The padded "seat" has roomy leg openings and a soft, wide, adjustable back.

**Pack it Up**

The **Playtex Hip Hammock** is easy to store, simply roll it up and there's a bungee and button loop to keep it closed. There's a small storage pocket on the front and a key loop. The Playtex Hip Hammock is machine washable but it needs to be hung dry. Overall, it's a decent carrier, it provides freedom to move, and helps carry your children comfortably on your hips. Mine received minimal usage, simply because my daughter started walking shortly after this sling was purchased. Am I glad I bought it? Sort of, I was usually too frustrated with the straps to use it!

****Be advised, if you're considering this hammock for purchase, models manufactured **prior** **to March 2005** were RECALLED due to shoulder harness failure.*** *

Awful.

from Kansas

Comments about Playtex Hip Hammock:

The Playtex Hip Hammock is horrible. I normally trust Playtex so I figured this would be a good purchase. It was a horrible purchase. I have no idea why this product is even still around. It was definitely a let down from Playtex, I expected much better from the brand.

The Playtex Hip Hammock is so uncomfortable. I felt like it was pulling on my neck and shoulder on one side. After about 10 minutes my neck and shoulder would be killing me. It sits to one side and makes you feel unbalanced. It's just awkward! It doesn't seem to be very comfortable for baby either. He would get fussy any time I put him in it and I noticed it made his legs bow out a little bit. He didn't seem to like his legs hanging out. I quickly quit using this product after about 2 weeks.

There are WAY better carriers out there. Do NOT purchase the Playtex Hip Hammock! It's uncomfortable for not just mom but baby too!

Worst purchase I made

Comments about Playtex Hip Hammock:

I have no doubt that The Playtex Hip Hammock was the leading worst purchase I made for our little one. She absolutely hated it as did I. It was very uncomfortable on my shoulder and felt like it was pulling my neck to one side every time I tried to wear it. I don't think my daughter was very comfortable either. She seemed like she was always scared and as if she was falling out. The hip hammock appeared to make her legs bow out further than they normally would when you carry her. I only tried using it a few time because I was afraid that she was going to slip out of it.
It is definately not the easiest baby carry out on the market to use for sure. Trying to get it on with her in it properly seemed to be more of a hassle and struggle than just carrying her around. The hip hammock definately has its flaws and could use a major redesign. It wasn't what I had at all expected from a product carrying the Playtex name. I was very disappointed.

Save your money.

Comments about Playtex Hip Hammock:

Please save your money. Don't waste it on this product! Super uncomfortable for the babywearer. It puts so much strain on your neck and back. I wish I wouldn't have used it for as long as I did. I tried an Ergo and instantly fell in love with babywearing. Babywearing shouldn't hurt!

More painful then helpful

Comments about Playtex Hip Hammock:

I received this playtex hip hammock as a baby shower gift. I was so excited because I really wanted one for my new baby. When my baby was old enough to fit it in I properly put it on and it was great at first but about 5 minutes later I was so regretful. It would hurt my shoulder where the strap was and caused a lot of discomfort in my neck and shoulder. I looked at the directions again to make sure it was properly on and I was right . So I tried it again and still didn't like it. My husband tried it also and he said it was more uncomfortable with this hammock then just holding the baby. I didn't like this so I got rid of it.

Did not work for me

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about Playtex Hip Hammock:

This carrier was not good for me. I was very attractive to the hip position, but it did not worked for me. I am petite. Hip Hammock is too huge for me. I could not adjust strap the way that hammock would fit me. It is hanging too low. The strap which goes around hips is too narrow. It does not support really well. It seems like the pressure is on my back rather than on hips. Also it feels somehow that everything is going to fall off. I am not sure if it is just me with my size or it is not that well made. I also did not like the fabric too much. It feels soft, but does not look too durable. I really like the idea, but the delivery was poor. The nice thing about Hip Hammock is that it weights less as compare to ERGObaby.

Safety
I am not sure but I was not able to adjust it very well

Baby's Comfort
Did not make it to work

Parents' Comfort
Back hurts! Ouch!

I guess if your can figure it out, it should be easy

Good design

fabric seems to be flimsy

• Parents' Comfort:

best helper for carrying little ones!

from Canfield, OH

Comments about Playtex Hip Hammock:

I love this carrier. My sister in law told me about it & I ran out & bought one.

Safety
Always feel secure carrying my girl in this.

Baby's Comfort
My little one loves this carrier. She gets to be held by mommy and its very breathable for her. I love the little loops that you can add toys onto it.

Parents' Comfort
I use this as an extra help in carrying my 2 year old who just wants mommy to hold her. I love the padding across the neck and the ease of adjustment.

You just thrown it over your neck & clip the bottom around your waist. So easy!

It's perfect to use for children who can support their neck and up to 4 years old.

I have had my carrier for 6 years and it has gotten me thru 2 girls.

• Parents' Comfort:

I love this for my 16 month old.

from Katy, TX

Comments about Playtex Hip Hammock:

Great for 6 month to 2 year olds!

from Hollywood, FL

Comments about Playtex Hip Hammock:

I bought the baby bjorn. I tried it a couple of times. It was very difficult to put on and to get baby in and OUT of. Plus my baby was sweating after 2 minutes in it, the fabic was so thick. So, I shopped around for something else. I discovered the baby hammock and LOVE it. Its so easy to get the baby into it and out of.

Good for an older baby

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Playtex Hip Hammock:

I bought this after buying another product, trying to put it together and taking the old one back - toooooo difficult - so this one looked easier.  It was much easier to get together - I coudl adjust it well even with him in it - it took a  few tries to get used to but I am sure any product like this would.  I couldn't justify spending 100 bucks on a Baby Bjorn so this was great alternative.  If I had been in a situation where I had to use it with a small infant I would not have been able to use this - it is suggested for babies over 15 pounds or so - once my child was a few months old I used this a lot.  He hated riding in the car seat carrier so I would have to put him in this to shop or go out.  We took it many places included our first outing to the pumpkin patch - he did great.  It's not too girly for my husband to wear either and adjusted easily for his use.

difficult to use - but does the job

from Utica, MI

Comments about Playtex Hip Hammock:

This product does its job - and makes your back feel much better!  But it is very hard to adjust and difficult to get baby in in with only one person.  You need to have two people to get them in!  Semi comfortable, but we don't use much since it is so difficult to use.