Other Misc. Feeding & Nursings:
Playtex
Playtex Fridge-to-Go Bottle Holder - Double Bottles & Baby Dishware Baby Bottle

Playtex Fridge-to-Go Bottle Holder - Double Bottles & Baby Dishware Baby Bottle

Great idea, but not practical for my home...

from Warren, OH

Comments about Playtex Fridge-to-Go Bottle Holder - Double Bottles & Baby Dishware Baby Bottle:

I registered for the Playtex "Fridge-To-Go" because of the size, features (like pockets), and price. While all those things are great, I should have done a little more research on it first... While it does a good job of keeping things cold, the reason this item was not practical to carry & store bottles in is that you have to freeze the ENTIRE unit instead of having removable ice packs. I only have a fridge/freezer, not an extra deep freezer, so things get crowded in my freezer quickly, especially with a baby in the house. Between frozen meals, frozen breastmilk, homemade babyfood... having to fit something in it this size was not practical. It has to freeze at least 12 hours, so in order to use it on the go, you have to already have put it in the freezer the day before, which to be honest, is too much to remember when you have a small baby and you're trying to get out the door. I used the Similac freezer bag (with removable ice packs) that the hospital gave me, and this one has collected dust.

A must have during the summer heat!

from Marion, OH

The Playtex Fridge-To-Go Bottle Holder is absolutely incredible.  It is a must have during the hot summer months.  You can put bottles in there, sippy cups, little containers with food in them, and it will keep it cold all day.  The black exterior absorbs the summer heat keeping everything inside the pack ice cold.  It will fit inside most diaper bags if you want to carry it that way.  But it also has a velcro strap with which you can fasten it onto your stroller or something like that.  It will keep formula cold, or water, or whatever you chose to put in it.  It is especially convenient for those outings when you will be outdoors for extended periods of time.  We recently took it along with us on our visit to the local zoo and the heat was nearly unbearable.  But when we opened this up and took out our daughter's bottle, the formula was still cold and refreshing for our daughter.  This was after hours of walking around in the hot sun looking at all of the animals.  I was amazed at how long it kept everything cold inside of it.  I just wish it were a little bigger so we could put more stuff into it.  If you have a young child, this fridge to go is a necessity.  I recommend it.

nice little cooler

from Green Bay, WI

We received this as a shower gift and boy and I sure glad we did!  This was super convient in my daughers 1st year of life.  I always mad a days worth of formula for my daughter so whenever we wanted to go somewhere we could just throw a bottle or two in this and not have to worry about it getting warm or the formaul spoiling!  We still use it for keeping a sippy of milk or juice cold!  It really does stay cold for twelve hours like the lable states.  Depending on what kind of bottle you use will depend on how many you can fit in the cooler.  We use the larger playtex sippy cups(with the straw) and I can easly fit one, I haven't tried to fit more then one but you might be able to cram another one in there.  When I was using the Nuby no drip bottles I could only fit two bottles in it and that was just bearly.  I have also used it to keep teethers cool if we are out and about and our daughter needs a teether.

Fridge-to-go lives up to it's billing. I'd give it 6 stars!

from Schuylkill Haven, PA

I bought the Playtex Fridge-to-go Bottle Holder because I was going to be pumping at work and I am on the road for a good bit of my job.  What that means is that I would be pumping in the car during all seasons.  In Pennsylvania that means extreme weather - the cold of zero degrees to highs in the upper 90s and beyond.  I needed something that would keep my breastmilk cold (or at least cool) for a couple of hours while sitting in a hot, hot car.  The Playtex Fridge-to-go has been fabulous!  This summer has been particularly hot and this product has kept my breastmilk cold for hours.  I haven't left milk in it for more than 4 or so hours in this heat, but I would imagine it would keep it cold for most of the day if it wasn't in extreme weather.

The only thing that I have a problem with is that if you only have one or two bottles in it, they can tip over.  It would be nice if there were perhaps elastic straps to keep the bottles in place if it isn't full.  Other than that, it's an excellent product, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone.