Other Solid Feedings:

Playtex First Sipster 7oz. Cup

Pros

Cons

The Perfect Sippy - Leak-Proof and Durable

The Playtex Sipster is one of three different sippy brands which have made their way through our home - and they are the only one I'm begging for more of for my next child.  After having a Nuby we loved but broke after a couple of months and a solid throw at the right angle, and a handful of NUK Gerber Sip and Smiles that leak incessantly, these Playtex Sipsters are a breath of fresh air.  It has been almost a year since we invested in these cups after our Nuby was destroyed and I have never regretted the purchase!

The removable Leak-Proof valve is very easy to clean in the dishwasher and never dislodges on its own during use (which could not be said of Gerber).  The cut on the valve is just right to allow for it to stay closed when needed and yet still allow my daughter to sip happily on her favorite beverages.  I have never experienced a leak in my year of solid use.

Due to their earned reputation, I will only take one of my two Playtex cups with us when we leave the house, so as to avoid spills in the car, diaper bag and anywhere else I don't want to see grape juice splattered.

I have noticed within the last couple of months cracks in the "nipple" (I'm not sure what to call it on a sippy), but even these have not affected performance in any way.

I honestly cannot give these cups enough praise, especially knowing the frustration I've dealt with concerning other cups.

The Playtex first sipster seems to work fine

The Playtex first sipster works adequately for us. It comes in a few different colors, which is nice, but there are an awful lot of girly looking ones and not enough colors that could work for boy or girl. There are three pieces to this sippy cup - the cup, the top, and the little plastic valve. There is a place to put the valve on the inside of the lid while dishwashing, but it always falls out. Thankfully the plastic is tough enough that it does not melt on the bottom of the dishwasher, but still not fun to look for them.  Sometimes, food can get jammed in the valves which can be a pain to get out. The cups work just fine, there are others my daughter seems to like better though. I have noticed some leaking from the lid, even when it is put on to the right tightness, so I am not sure why it happens. The handles are very nice and make it easy for my daughter to hold on to. Except for the valves, the parts are pretty easy to wash. I would recommend trying this, but not buying a lot of them until you know whether you like them or not.

Great for young toddlers

Comments about Playtex First Sipster 7oz. Cup:

I believe this cup is great for kids just learning how to really hold their own cups. The lids stay on tight and young toddlers and children can get a nice grip because they're are two little handles. This sippy cup doesn't really leak either. It's perfect.

Good starter sippy cups

from Bentonville, AR

Comments about Playtex First Sipster 7oz. Cup:

When I decided to change my son from bottle to sippy cup I was not sure which brand to select. I am very careful and picky when selecting things for my son as all other moms:).... There were so many brands and selections I was confused. Then I read online about teh right one. These are light weight so easy for the kids to carry around and spill proof which is very important when having kids... Moreover playtex always goes on sale in target and I use coupons for them so it makes them a decent priced.

It was easy for my son to get transitioned and he liked them a lot. We use them not just for milk even for juices and water .. And he still asks for them once in a while.

As far as Durability I zm happy as he has thrown in a numerous times from his high chair. I would definitely recommend this brand.

Baby will love the first sips, with the Playtex First Sipster

from Lansing, MI

Comments about Playtex First Sipster 7oz. Cup:

We have always been fans of Playtex cups in our house. One of our friends had ended up leaving her daughter's Playtex First Sipster at our house and it became incorporated into our supply because my little one loved it so much.

The Playtex First Sipster is a small 7oz trainer cup that is meant to facilitate the transition from bottle to cup. I love Playtex since they are pretty close to leak free (unless they sit on their side for a long time). The cup has handles attached to the lid to help baby hold their own cup. The handles have a rubbery grip to prevent it from slipping from little fingers. When the lid is screwed on it clicks into place letting you know it is sealed. The spout on the cup is also rubbery and soft. This makes it more like the bottle, but in a sippy for little ones. As with all Playtex Cups, the First Sipster has a rubber stopper that prevents spilling.

The only thing I did not like about this particular cup was that the handles can get in the way of screwing on the cap. My daughter on the other hand loved the cup. She was very easily able to drink from it and hold it on her own, even at a year old. After a little while her teeth wore the rubber a bit and it began peeling. Once babies begin to chew, this cup will be through.

Easy to introduce Playtex First Sipsters

from Wilmington, DE

Comments about Playtex First Sipster 7oz. Cup:

With both my daughters I used these when I wanted to introduce the cup and try some water. Both at 5 months and BOTH took it with great ease!!! These are great cups, easy for them to handle and lightweight. I think to the sucking part must be just right for their mouths because they didnt seem to have much problem figuring it out. I like to that its not TO soft that they can chew it apart. I think I tried a different type of first sippy with my first after she got the hang on this one just to have more cups around, and the sucking part was so soft over time she chewed the whole thing off. I will say that the one thing that bugs me about this cup is that there isnt a lid. For germ purposes I would just love the part she sticks in her mouth to be able to be covered so I can throw it in my bag and go or if its on the table germs arent all over it. I might be weird that way but I like to have water with us at all times and just want it to be sanitary. So they really should have a cover of some sort. OTHER than that its a great first cup!!!

Playtex First Sipster is a great 1st sippy cup!

from Laconia, NH

Comments about Playtex First Sipster 7oz. Cup:

I decided to start encouraging my 7 month old daughter to use a sippy cup, and when I went to the store to find one, I was overwhelmed! There are so many (too many!) different sizes, spouts, handles, etc. that it was really hard to choose. I settled on one brand, that was similar to the bottles my daughter uses, and she really did not take to them, plus they leaked from the start. So after spending a ridiculous amount of money on those sippy cups, I asked for suggestions from friends on Facebook about which sippy cups they used with their child(ren). I got an overwhelming response-at least 30 comments! The winner was the Playtex First Sipster, by a landslide. I easily found them at my local superstore, and brought them home for my daughter to try. She loves this cup, and NO leaks!!

Playtex Sipster great for first sippy cup

from Greer, SC

Comments about Playtex First Sipster 7oz. Cup:

I randomly registered for the Playtex First Sipster sippy cup with my first child and was pleased with the product. The cup has two open-ended handles for easy grasping, especially for babies learning the skill of holding onto a cup. These handles in addition to the entire lid and spout are rubbery, making it easier to grip and softer on impact/teeth. In comparison to other sippy cups, this design is superior in being able to get all the parts clean. The valve that meters liquid flow and releases air bubbles is easily removed and can be thoroughly cleaned. There is an arrow indicating the orientation of it when returning it to the sippy cup lid. My child used this cup for nearly two years and I finally had to get other cups as she chewed an opening in the spout of the cup.

These are our favorite sippy cups!

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Playtex First Sipster 7oz. Cup:

These cups are absolutely wonderful! The thing that I love the most about them is that you don't have to spend 5 minutes trying to get the nipple in while your kid is screaming for a drink. So many sippy cups have complicated nipples where you have to lign up the notches and it's just a complete pain!

Other pros:

It is dishwasher safe and comes out clean very easily. It's durable and it lasts. It is spillproof (yes, it really is spillproof... I can put it in the crib with my son!) It is easy for my son to give himself a drink. It is also easy for him to carry around.

Cons:

I do wish this cup came with some type of lid to put over it while in public. I just hate the nipple being exposed and able to touch the shopping cart or other things we walk by. A lid would be nice for that. Also, it could be just a bit bigger, but the size is great for kids to carry it around on their own.

Don't Forget:

Put the plug in under the lid... or you will have a leaking mess!!

Fabulous

from Robertsdale, AL

Comments about Playtex First Sipster 7oz. Cup:

My husband and I registered for these cups when we were expecting our first child. We loved (and later she loved) how they had the cute little handles for easier holding. I will never forget how those precious little ones look when they start feeding themselves on their own! I'm so glad we were able to find a cup that would help ours accomplish those tasks!

The Playtex cups come in a variety of colors.  The inside has just one little plastic doohicky (official name unknown) to attach in order to make it "leakproof". As long as the "doohicky" was placed in the correct way than leaks were very minimal, and I used these cups for 3 years!

My one negative concerning this cup is that I had to throw them away before my youngest was fully done with sippy cups. During our 3 years of using this product, the nipple part on it was worn down enough for my youngest to bite through it.  This wound up happening to both cups.

better sippy cups out there than playtex first sipster

from Crocker, MO

Comments about Playtex First Sipster 7oz. Cup:

I guess I am in the minority when I say that I was not crazy about this sippy cup.  My daughter is six months old and is just beginning to learn to use a sippy cup.  For her young age, I think they are too big and cumbersome.  Now a few months down the road, these will probably be better for her, and since we already have them in the house we will try them again when she is a little bit older.  I thought for a six month old just learning to use the sippy cup, the spout was too hard, and the handles were not easy enough for her to grab.  She just kept throwing it on the floor.  I did like the fact that it did not spill.  Playtex has done a good job at making them spillproof, and easy to clean.  Like I said, I will try them again, but for her right now they seem to big.  I don't like the cheezy tacky colors either.  They look ugly in my opinion.  they just aren't the greatest for tiny hands just learning, but I think for a child that already could use a sippy cup it would work just fine.

Best sippy cups we have ever used!

from Buffalo, MN

Comments about Playtex First Sipster 7oz. Cup:

We have tried several sippy cups, and these are by far our favorite!

Things we love about these sippy cups:

They are easy to put together.  Just put the plastic plug thing in under the lid, twist the lid on, and you are good to go!  So many sippy cups have the nipples that are a pain to get in and must be in absolutely correct without leaking.  These sippy cups don't have that issue at all.  *Note: Make sure you put the plastic plug thing in everytime, otherwise your child's drink will just pour right out and you will most likely have a mess!

They are dishwasher safe!

They really are spillproof.  My grandson carries this thing around the house and whips it around everywhere.  We never had a mess from it!  It may drip a couple of drops, and if left upside down for a prolonged period of time, it will leave a little puddle, but for the most part, they really are spillproof.

For some reason, my grandson wasn't as tempted to chew on the nipple of this cup as with other cups.

It's easy for little ones to hold and operate the sippy cup on their own!